Installing to split drive

I've recently changed computer and now have a split drive. I want to install daz and all the product to the D drive over the C. But even using the faqs. each time I try. When I open daz I have to install the products again and they are installing onto C drive and not the D drive.

MY C drive is for purely essential items and does not have the space for the daz stuff, the volume i have.

Can someone help me get this sorted?

Comments

• First, if you want to use the D: drive as a default generally you should move the Documents (and Pictures etc) folder to that, not leave them on C: - find the folders in C:\Users\You\, right-click on them, select Properties, and use the Location tab to set the new default.

To change the directory used by DS you need to use the Content Directroy Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content Library tab). It does sound, however, as if there is a problem communicating with the CMS - either from DIM or for DS - if the installed content is not showing as installed and has to be fetched again with Connect.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

You can also just use Windows File explorer to move everything. However, as Richard mentioned, you must use the content direcoty maanager to point to the new location. You must also change the install path in DIM to point to the same path.