Rigging a clothing item for Genesis 3 - How to reduce or remove the Shrink-Wrap effect?

I picked up Starship Crew, a Genesis 2 clothing item to use with my Genesis 3 males.  Auto-fit really mangles up the mesh, so I thought I would give re-rigging for Genesis 3 a go.

I exported to an OBJ, fitted to base Genesis 3, then re-imported.  Then used the Transfer Utility to transfer following the directions and it all appears good.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/transfer_utility/start

Start up a new scene, load up Genesis 3, add the jacket and it looks great.  I load up Michael 7 HD, add the jacket and it gets the super shrink-wrap effect.  The M7 pictured is with the jacket at SubD (1 or 2) and smoothing modifier (5).  The Transfer Utility was done with morphs checked, I seemed to get less distortion in the mesh.  Without, more distortion, the cloth holding the jacket on his right shoulder got really distorted.  This iteration it isn't too bad.

Rigging - Genesis3.JPG
1411 x 1059 - 91K
Rigging - Michael 7.JPG
1392 x 1297 - 107K

Comments

• Automatic geenration of morphs is always going to be subject to that sort of effect to some extent. You might try adding a Smoothing Modifier (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Add Smoothing Modifier) but the ultimate fix is to make a custom morph.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Gotcha.  I added the smoothing modifier already, I was hoping there was some secret I was missing someone since Genesis 3 clothes I bought do not do that.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

What's the recommended way to go about doing that?

For the bridge, SubD has to off.  Fit the clothes to the G3 character, with the smoothing modifier then bridge to ZBrush or Hexagon and edit? 

Or do not fit the clothing to the figure, then do all the morphing/fitting in ZBrush or Hexagon?

Or something else I don't know about?

• You can either take the clothes with the autro-morph into an editor (across a bridge or via OBJ export) or you can take the plain clothing mesh - whichever you find easiest.