ISO morphable toony eyes/face to stick on inanimate objects

Has anyone seen any toon eyes with expresion morphs that one could stick on a piece of furniture, a house, an article of clothing, etc., to give it instant toony expressiveness?  I could make some, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

--MW

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

You mean a real physical one like a refridgerator magnet? Or one like DAZ's EmotiGuy? It's free.

http://www.daz3d.com/emotiguy

You just click the 'Eye' icon in DS Scene view to 'close the eye' and that hides the part of the mesh you don't want to so (in this case click on the yellow part of the mesh). I completely hid Girl 7 & her clothing in a scene I am rendering because that made too many characters in the scene.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

I actually just tried Emotiguy. Unfortunately most of the expressiveness comes from the eyelids, which are hidden along with the rest of the body, so that didn't work out for me.

--MW

Oh, sorry. I'm rendering so I couldn't try it out myself.

If you know Blender at all it might not not so difficult to re-group the EmotiGuy mesh pieces into groups that you could do what you are wanting to achieve. Like talking vegetables and such for those children's shows?

If you know Blender at all it might not not so difficult to re-group the EmotiGuy mesh pieces into groups that you could do what you are wanting to achieve. Like talking vegetables and such for those children's shows?

Same principle as VeggieTales, yes!

--MW

edited July 2016

Well if you don't find nothing by Tuesday write back to this thread & I'll subscribe & I'll <try> to do that for you in Blender (not a Blender expert but I think I can handle that with a bit of patience).

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I still can't try it because me render is still running (I have 5 year old laptop) but instead of going to all the trouble of regrouping the mesh groups of the Emotiguy you could probably do the following and it would work just as well and be a lot easier:

1. take the texture and make all the parts you wish invisible to be 'alpha' coloring in Gimp or PS but you leave the eyelids, eyebrows, and other pparts of the texture needed for expressions visible.

2. Now, for the visible parts of the face you wish to use for expressions recolor those textures in shades of white to light grey.

3. Convert to iRay (maybe this part is not needed - look to see if you can change diffuse color in 3DL)

4. iRay diffuse settings can be changed for each, eg vegetable, so you can choose a diffuse color that will color the white/shade of grey with a color complimentary to the vegetable and save those as material or shading presets (shading preset is probably more economical), eg, eggplant preset, carrot preset, tomato preset, and so on.

Thanks for your offer nonesuch00. Kerya has pointed me to a freebie that someone modified for morphability. I think I'll try that. http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62110/view/11/Poser/Blank-Iyz

Thanks Kerya!

--MW

• Hope you found the answer. Emotiguy is fun though. I have some of my weird morphs in my gallery.

Hope you found the answer. Emotiguy is fun though. I have some of my weird morphs in my gallery.

You did a good job, I enjoyed those.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Same principle as VeggieTales, yes!

--MW

VeggieTales!! heart

I hope you found what you're looking for. :)

BTW, I'm HUGELY thankful for your G3F face morphs! I was having a lot of trouble getting the eyes right on Dixie, a characer I'm making, as the face and body morphs pack from Daz just weren't detailed enough. However your morphs proved to be invaluable in getting her eyes to look better. Thank you so much! :D

Here's my girl Dixie:

I really appreciate your morphs and you taking the time to share your work with us! :)

•  

You did a good job, I enjoyed those.

Thanks. I am relearning  my skills on hexagon. Next comes the mapping. and finally have to find how to inject the morphs. In my previous history the sports pack a learning lesson on many levels. I had not seen the final product and realized that it is not the original map on the baseball. Now you know why it says CW sports on the back... had to sneak my initials on that one. I have the workings for another sports pack but the computer crash and so far have not been able find the files. I am afraid this character is too old but may put it in as a last great emotiguy morphation.

Now how to inject all the morph channels is the learning process.