Fortuna Hair - bandana?

NathNath Posts: 2,734
edited July 2016 in The Commons

To anyone who has the Fortuna Hair, is the bandana an integral part of the model or can you use the hair without it? From the promo images I'm guessing the bandana cannot be made invisible or removed (without the characters having a very odd monk's tonsure wink)

Post edited by Nath on

Comments

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

Also it just mentions 3Delight and doesn't show many adjustments.  It is a type that would be useful to me, but I'd be interested in a user report.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,290
    edited July 2016

THe bandana cannot be removed without leaving a bald head,. The hair is set up for 3delight but it autoformats for iray so well i didn't notice. It has a few movement adjustments... I am happy with it. Here is a quick iray render...

the_quiet_moment.jpg
    1644 x 1273 - 713K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i really like the look of this hair.  this is hair that's been too busy doing stuff to book an appointment at the hairdresser's...

from the promos, i'm guessing that it's not really meant to be rendered without the bandana, though...

would some kind individual enlighten me?

thanks!

j

• jardine said:

i really like the look of this hair.  this is hair that's been too busy doing stuff to book an appointment at the hairdresser's...

from the promos, i'm guessing that it's not really meant to be rendered without the bandana, though...

would some kind individual enlighten me?

thanks!

j

According to another thread on thsi topic there is no hair under the bandana, beyond the edges.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

thanks!

nemesis10 said:

THe bandana cannot be removed without leaving a bald head,. The hair is set up for 3delight but it autoformats for iray so well i didn't notice. It has a few movement adjustments... I am happy with it. Here is a quick iray render...

edited July 2016

Here is what it looks like:

quick render.jpg
    1644 x 1273 - 1020K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thanks, richard--

and thank you very much, nemesis10--that picture is definitely worth a thousand words.  :)

j

Ironically, I actually like that there is no cap.... I have tons of long hair but this one with a judicious opacity map would open up a whole world of hair under hats!

• NathNath Posts: 2,734
    nemesis10 said:

Thanks.

That moves it from 'I could use this right now' to 'sort of generally useful, so wishlist for later'.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

We've merged the threads as they were on the same topic.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,285
    nemesis10 said:

Ironically, I actually like that there is no cap.... I have tons of long hair but this one with a judicious opacity map would open up a whole world of hair under hats!

That was what I thought too

hat hair.png
    1004 x 908 - 957K