Export Posed FBX

mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140

I actually need to use a model I created in DAZ Stuido into MachStudio Pro which imports FBX. The problem I have is that DAZ exports the zero-posed figure.

Which are the settings to export the model with pose applied?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this in DS 4.5, and the pose exported, and imported again into DS 4.5. Not much of a test really I know, but there are a shed load of options in the export menu for different kinds of FBX files.

Have you tried any (or all) of the others? See image below :

Untitled-1.jpg
    762 x 700 - 107K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I did the same again, only this time I saved it as the Ascii version, and it writes everything out, with all the rotations etc, for every bone. Even the tongue has five different entries, so I don;t think it is a problem with the DAZ Exporter.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited December 1969

these are the settings I use for iClone 3DX5, brings it in animated, works in Houdini Apprentice too but issues in Carrara believe it or not!

Untitled.jpg
    560 x 642 - 83K
  • mediarchitectmediarchitect Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Hi, I have this same problem in DS 4.6 and cannot for the life of me find an answer. I am importing into Artlantis 5. Apart from the zero pose issue I also note that the eyes and the eyelashes do not make it into the exported model. Any insight would be appreciated!

• Usually these applications allow the import of OBJ files. In OBJ the pose export worked when I imported it in ZBrush. Confirm that it is possible to import OBJ.