Any mature clothes?

I've been looking at the older looking gals out there and they are impressive. Are there any really mature clothes for a granny out there? I'm looking for current everyday clothes, something my gran would wear. Things with some dantelle, robes etc... Any figure is fine.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited July 2016

Most of the women's content is designed to be revealing and sexy. 

I have had good luck using stuff like this: I like the cardigan on the bobby soxer outfit.

http://www.daz3d.com/diner-waitress-for-genesis-female  

http://www.daz3d.com/dot-check

http://www.daz3d.com/bobby-soxer

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956
    edited July 2016

I am doing a render now with the Morphing Fantasy Dress and the full version with shoulders and sleeves looks good - young or old would wear it and it looks old fashioned and modern. Sort of like a good man's suit never goes out of style.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I don't know about your Grandma,  but I am a Grandma (several times over) and I tend to hang out in outfits like this

http://www.daz3d.com/casual-comfort-for-genesis-2-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/casual-days-for-belle-6

http://www.daz3d.com/sunday-casuals-basics

http://www.daz3d.com/casual-jeans-and-t-shirt-for-genesis-2-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/blazer-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Except I do tend to prefer my torusers (pants)  to be looser fit in the legs rather than shrink wrapped nowadays.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I find the shrink-wrap thing often presents more difficulties than style when it comes to finding clothes for the more mature figures. I quite like the Boulevard dress for older females, but only for those whose figures haven't headed too far south. More than the slightest hint of middle-age spread and it makes the figure look like a bunch of very big potatoes stuffed into a very small sack. I think that's a lot of the reason why the Bethany figure came in for so much criticsm and part of the reason why we don't see many more larger ladies - there just aren't the clothes around that fit and hang on them properly. Bethany was a great 'normal' character, mostly promoted wearing clothes that 'normal' women of her size wouldn't be seen dead in.

I find the shrink-wrap thing often presents more difficulties than style when it comes to finding clothes for the more mature figures. I quite like the Boulevard dress for older females, but only for those whose figures haven't headed too far south. More than the slightest hint of middle-age spread and it makes the figure look like a bunch of very big potatoes stuffed into a very small sack. I think that's a lot of the reason why the Bethany figure came in for so much criticsm and part of the reason why we don't see many more larger ladies - there just aren't the clothes around that fit and hang on them properly. Bethany was a great 'normal' character, mostly promoted wearing clothes that 'normal' women of her size wouldn't be seen dead in.

I would like to see clothing that drapes in DAZ

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905
    edited July 2016
    Or rig stuff. Even with fit control and similar I have a terrible time trying to fit clothes without it looking like some art project made of wire and cloth. Bikinis? Forget about it -- I end up having to pose and carefully pull at a bikini top to look anything approaching right. Yet some clothes are rigged to hang more naturally. I have no idea how.
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

aave nainen has quite a few items that might please you.

the merrymay packages give you a wide range of options...like having a grandmother who can sew!

the artist's clothes also usually come with nicely nuanced morphs that work with pose packages...most often the artist's own, but sometimes other people's, too.

happy shopping!

j

I am a wee bit surprised that people assume that mature women gain in size as they get older.   

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited July 2016

Take a look at Wilmap's site. She has a lot of clothing items that would work well for older characters. And they are free: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/introduction.php

Kit bashing helps, too. For example, pair the blazer and shirt from http://www.daz3d.com/blazer-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s, (mentioned by Chohole above,) with the skirt from http://www.daz3d.com/h-c-japanese-school-uniforms-b-for-genesis-3-female-s. The shoes from the uniform would work, too. Not quite so high, with a sturdy heel. Definitely something an older woman, (like me,) would feel comfortable wearing.

Here are a couple more I found that might work well for a mature woman:

There are a lot of outfits that could work for older ladies if the artist had included a knee-length skirt option. But if the tops are separate, or at least separate material zones so you hide the skirt/trousers(pants), you can always pair them with a skirt or trousers from another product.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Chohole said:

I am a wee bit surprised that people assume that mature women gain in size as they get older.   

Even those lucky women who don't gain in size tend to "shift" in places. I don't know many women in our age group who feel comfortable in sleeveless clothing, thanks to the changes in our upper arms. (My Aunt Portia was one of those ladies who remained slender in her golden years. Unfortunately, I got my Aunt Irene's genes in that area...)
    laugh

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Even those lucky women who don't gain in size tend to "shift" in places.

Shift - mine seems to all be going south! I wish I was slim too, but I've gained a "bit" too!crying

They don't always but it's common enough in men and women that a woman that looks like Barbara Eden at 70 plus years is a bit of a surprise. Plenty more old people though do keep their youthful or middle aged figure basically the same shape. Practically no older person continues to gain weight after middle age.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,290

I was in the Union Square area in San Francisco the other day window shopping and passed a window of a very pricey Italian designer who had a beautiful black kid jacket with metal studs (sort of high fashion meets punk) and thought that looks so much like something Hellen Mirren would wear.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Practically no older person continues to gain weight after middle age.

So explained to me then, how I have put on a stone (approx. 6.3 kilos) in weight in the past year and I'm aged 67.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,184
    Wilmap said:

So explained to me then, how I have put on a stone (approx. 6.3 kilos) in weight in the past year and I'm aged 67.

Hey, isn't 67 the new 47?

All the women in my family lost weight after age 70 so I live in hope smiley

• Wilmap said:

Wow. That original observations was SO OFF reality. LOTS of women (and men) gain weight in their 60s. Especially after an injury that suddenly limits their mobility (hip or knee replacements being the two that hit my parents).

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited July 2016
    Chohole said:

I'm surprised that you're surprised. It's common. Especially after (first) child birth and (later) menopaus. I am now of the age where I know many women in menopaus, and all but one (and she's been super-skinny her whole life) have said they have gained weight. I also know three post-menopaus grandmothers who have said that they must be more careful about what they eat, or they will gain 10-15 pounds in a week.

I do admit, though, that the women I know over 70 have said they have not had serious weight problems, so maybe you were thinking of women in that age range?

PS: I should mention that my wife and I have both been successfully losing weight for the past year, so weight-loss discussions with our friends have actually come up fairly often. This included a few where the women have discussed the post-menopaus weight issue. And some of us guys discussed the low testosterone effect on weight loss.

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,055

My wife wouldn't be seen dead in the clothes our mothers wore or grandmothers. Our two daughters and a ten year old granddaughter would see to that as well as me :)

Here she is on a night out with my daughters last week, she is 65 and five times a grandmother :)

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,786
    Fishtales said:

My wife wouldn't be seen dead in the clothes our mothers wore or grandmothers. Our two daughters and a ten year old granddaughter would see to that as well as me :)

Here she is on a night out with my daughters last week, she is 65 and five times a grandmother :)

How long until some one asks:
    "is there a morph for the G3 male of the guy second from the right!!!?"wink

• They don't always but it's common enough in men and women that a woman that looks like Barbara Eden at 70 plus years is a bit of a surprise. Plenty more old people though do keep their youthful or middle aged figure basically the same shape. Practically no older person continues to gain weight after middle age.

If you consume more calories than you expend, you will gain weight, middle aged or not.

Morana said:

They don't always but it's common enough in men and women that a woman that looks like Barbara Eden at 70 plus years is a bit of a surprise. Plenty more old people though do keep their youthful or middle aged figure basically the same shape. Practically no older person continues to gain weight after middle age.

If you consume more calories than you expend, you will gain weight, middle aged or not.

It's still far from being typical to gain weight after one becomes settled in their ways. And that would describe most people a few years into their working life.

All I said to begin with was that the simple majority of people do not gain weight after about 5 years into their adult working life to middle age really. Oh it can flucuate, but that's mostly water.  And that's true.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

Soooooo ... I am 54,         ....... When do I start getting this awesome oldie weightloss????????

Sad said:

Soooooo ... I am 54,         ....... When do I start getting this awesome oldie weightloss????????

It's best though to ask your doctor, preferably one that has an appreciation for nutrition and exercise as a way to maintain health. Basically, the same thing you were taught in grade school but seems laughable now with 2 hours commutes, a desk job, and fast food. wink

Sad said:

It's best though to ask your doctor, preferably one that has an appreciation for nutrition and exercise as a way to maintain health. Basically, the same thing you were taught in grade school but seems laughable now with 2 hours commutes, a desk job, and fast food. wink

Oh I know damned well I can diet!

done that often enough

hardly a desk job either I do very physical factory work

Sad said:
    Sad said:

Oh I know damned well I can diet!

done that often enough

hardly a desk job either I do very physical factory work

That's why I said see a doctor. LOL, forums aren't places for such advice. smiley

I was being facetious 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,040
    Wilmap said:

Even those lucky women who don't gain in size tend to "shift" in places.

Shift - mine seems to all be going south! I wish I was slim too, but I've gained a "bit" too!crying

edited July 2016

Can we please leave out the fantasy generalisations about who does or does not gain weight and when and why and let the thread go back to the subject matter.

The OP is looking for some nice, tasteful clothes which can be worn by a more mature lady, regardless of size.

Something that could be worn by the average Grandma, if there is such a thing as an average Grandma

Edited to add that I am a Great Grandma, currently sitting typing this wearing a Kaftan type top and casual trousers, bare foot of course.  

Post edited by Chohole on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333

When is a person considered to be Mature, after all you can be a grandmother quite young, early 30's, or is that considered middle age/mature?

scorpio said:

When is a person considered to be Mature, after all you can be a grandmother quite young, early 30's, or is that considered middle age/mature?

That is a very good question,   I became a Grandmother for the first time at the same age as my best friend from school became a Mother for the first time. 

With 2 Great grandchildren I am just about considering that I may be approaching maturity

My motto is  "growing older is inevitable...growing up is optional"