Flash Sale Alerts II

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited August 2016
    anikad said:

The annual PC+ club subs is included in the build a bundle. It comes down to $21

You should be able to get it for $12.60 - well, if you take advantage of the Build a Bundle sale and the Christmas in July sale (five items from the Build a Bundle sale and a new release from the Christmas in July sale):

Yep! I added two years to my PC+ sub today, and the total cost (for that portion of the purchases) was $25.20. Just over a dollar a month. Insanely good deal.

Yup even if you never buy anything again you get 1 freebie a week and additional 1 per month before you even start taking into account the DO savings and coupons. Crazy good deal to pick up.

Edit: I guess they heard us cos it's gone now~ 

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,789

The promo page says 76 items, but there are now only 75...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,602
    WandW said:

The promo page says 76 items, but there are now only 75...

They took the PC membership out since it was posted here you could get it for a great deal.

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641

This is really not fair - advertising a deal and then pulling it back just when we had it in our cart. I was hoping to renew my membership and was looking at few other items when it got pulled out of the offer. Sure they can do it technically but considering that Indie dev license is also part of the bundle I don't think that was a mistake. I guess when buyers started misusing the offer for multi year subs they were forced to take that step.

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited August 2016

The annual PC membership now stacks for about $42. Which looks like a lousy deal after people got it for $12. :)

Post edited by will shetterly on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,355
    edited August 2016

Not sure what the difference is but I just checked and it is still stacking to get it for $12.60 for me. Maybe the change hasn't caught up to my sector of Cloudflare yet.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited August 2016

and now it is back, LOL THANKS DAZ!!!

The annual PC membership now stacks for about $42. Which looks like a lousy deal after people got it for $12. :)

Add a christmas in july item and it goes down to $12

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

I don't think it's really right that people use it to get multi year subs ... one should be fine though.

• They put it back in the make-your-own-bundle, and now it is once again $12 with a Christmas in July item. So either they changed their minds about deleting it or the deletion was the glitch.

FSMCDesigns, thanks for the heads-up.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Yea, I just got it for ~$12...since I did not have any G3F stuff, I got the whole thing for $30 (5 items + PC club), plus I threw in the Micah/Melody bundle for around $1  cheeky

3dOutlaw said:

Yea, I just got it for ~$12...since I did not have any G3F stuff, I got the whole thing for $30 (5 items + PC club), plus I threw in the Micah/Melody bundle for around $1  cheeky

That also makes me nervous. Bascially you can buy into the whole of GF3 with this sale for pennys on the dollar, I hope genesis 4 isn't around the corner, LOL

lx said:

I don't think it's really right that people use it to get multi year subs ... one should be fine though.

Agreed!

They put it back in the make-your-own-bundle, and now it is once again $12 with a Christmas in July item. So either they changed their minds about deleting it or the deletion was the glitch.

FSMCDesigns, thanks for the heads-up.

No problem. My membership expired this month and I was not going to renew it as i really didn't see it as that big of a value but I went ahead and did, so I look at this sale as a justification/reward that I did the right thing, LOL.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,355
    lx said:

Why not?   As far as I know you can only put one annual subscription in your order. So, in order to get a second year you would have to a complete set of prerequisite items in a secnd order.

• lx said:

Why not?   As far as I know you can only put one annual subscription in your order. So, in order to get a second year you would have to a complete set of prerequisite items in a secnd order.

And Daz gets a multi-year commitment from a serious customer. I don't think they lose out.

lx said:

Oh that's fine, I thought people found a way to add it multiple times into the same order to stack up the discount that way.

And yes tbh I was thinking rather carefully about whether I was going to remain a customer when my subscription ran out later this year, but this pickup was a no brainer so cheap or not it keeps me around thinking about buying, so good for them.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

The PC club is still showing up for me.  I did have to un-check hide items I own in the Bundle sale page. But it showed up on the page and in my cart, and I've already bought it once today.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

You know you're a DAZ addict when you own nearly half the items in this sale blush

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    Overdrawn said:
    Checkout the Product Library page in your account. It's ordered by pickaxe date by default--though it only presents names and not images. It's also possible to sort your Connect library by purchase date. Which can be helpful. How that helps!

If you click on the name, it shows the main promo image, so you can see what it is!

Dana

• Well, now I understand exactly how my wife feels when she goes to the mall and comes back having spent $200 but she assures me she saved $1200. Awesome deals right now. I've filled out my Gen1, 2 and 3 collections in ways that make me better understand how DAZ works.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    mtl1 said:

You know you're a DAZ addict when you own nearly half the items in this sale blush

LOL... There were a lot of Pro Bundles in there I don't own, but wouldn't buy because I already owned so many of the items in the bundle, it wouldn't be cost effective, even at $17... So while, like you, I own nearly half the items in the sale, it is effectively more like three-quarters... I don't deny it, I am a DAZ-aholic!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

I was extremely tempted by $17 pro bundles, but I'm already well in the hole and trying to recover from buying a new computer. :/

Well, now I understand exactly how my wife feels when she goes to the mall and comes back having spent $200 but she assures me she saved $1200. Awesome deals right now. I've filled out my Gen1, 2 and 3 collections in ways that make me better understand how DAZ works.

LOL, so true!

• mtl1 said:

Nearly half? I'm seeing 34 of 76.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    mtl1 said:

17 OF 76

...and I still found 5 items to Build-A-Bundle !

• XornflXornfl Posts: 102

I have a real problem hahahahaha, I have renewed membership and maaany other stuff ahahahaha, I hate this XD

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    Lindsey said:
    mtl1 said:

17 OF 76

...and I still found 5 items to Build-A-Bundle !

Okay, you have us all beat laugh

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I bought a ton of stuff earlier, but without remembering what most of it was called I can't find a lot of it. Am going to have to go through my order history when I can summon the energy. It would be so nice if Daz content were better organized. Or even if it was easier for us to organize it ourselves once we'd managed to locate it.

If you use DIM, you can have it show you installed items by date of install. I download the product image for every item that I purchase and have them in a folder on my desktop with subfolders for categories. Looking at a page of large thumbnails of what I own is a great way to find inspiration. I also found some nice things that I'd forgotten that I had!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    Petercat said:

I bought a ton of stuff earlier, but without remembering what most of it was called I can't find a lot of it. Am going to have to go through my order history when I can summon the energy. It would be so nice if Daz content were better organized. Or even if it was easier for us to organize it ourselves once we'd managed to locate it.

If you use DIM, you can have it show you installed items by date of install. I download the product image for every item that I purchase and have them in a folder on my desktop with subfolders for categories. Looking at a page of large thumbnails of what I own is a great way to find inspiration. I also found some nice things that I'd forgotten that I had!

I do that.  I have them broken down even further...freebies is one major catagory, paid items the other.  Under those, I have stores (DAZ, Renderosity, etc.) and under those the categories.

Dana

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    DanaTA said:
    Petercat said:

I do that.  I have them broken down even further...freebies is one major catagory, paid items the other.  Under those, I have stores (DAZ, Renderosity, etc.) and under those the categories.

Dana

I sort them by categories, for example Images>Clothing>Genesis2F. Some thumbnails go in more than one folder, of course. An item that has an outfit and jewelry would have an image in both folders.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Is there actually a "Flash Sales Alert" thread that isn't just endless discussion? 

I just want to see an actual alert when there is a flash sale so I don't miss them. This thread seems like it should be called "Flash Sales Discussions"

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    anikad said:

The annual PC+ club subs is included in the build a bundle. It comes down to $21

You should be able to get it for $12.60 - well, if you take advantage of the Build a Bundle sale and the Christmas in July sale (five items from the Build a Bundle sale and a new release from the Christmas in July sale):

Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't seen that.

This discussion has been closed.