Flash Sale Alerts II

KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
This discussion was created from comments split from: Flash Sale alerts.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It's not DAZ maths, it's Magento maths. As we found out right after the website switchover a few years ago, the store software apparently can't reliably count two different ways and get the same answer. The final total always seems to be right (I think) but some of the intermediate numbers are sometimes a little bit off. We've long ago given up complaining about it.

It's not a Magento glitch; it's just the standard DAZ discounting wording / method. There is no maths error.

It's not even an oddity - it's the correct way to combine percentages. If it went from 12% to 14% that woudl be adding two percentage points to the discount, not an additional 2% discount.

Wellll - once upon a time, before Magento hit us in reality we were told that Magento WILL allow stacking discounts ... there is always a dream.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326
    Kerya said:

It's not DAZ maths, it's Magento maths. As we found out right after the website switchover a few years ago, the store software apparently can't reliably count two different ways and get the same answer. The final total always seems to be right (I think) but some of the intermediate numbers are sometimes a little bit off. We've long ago given up complaining about it.

It's not a Magento glitch; it's just the standard DAZ discounting wording / method. There is no maths error.

It's not even an oddity - it's the correct way to combine percentages. If it went from 12% to 14% that woudl be adding two percentage points to the discount, not an additional 2% discount.

Wellll - once upon a time, before Magento hit us in reality we were told that Magento WILL allow stacking discounts ... there is always a dream.

???? It does allow stacking discounts. Sadly, what it doesn't allow is stacking coupons.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Kerya said:

???? It does allow stacking discounts. Sadly, what it doesn't allow is stacking coupons.

Sorry I am not a native English speaker, so I got the wrong word - we were told that having a 12% sale and an additional 2% sale it will be 14% ... add? - probably! - adding discounts.

• Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

Sorry I am not a native English speaker, so I got the wrong word - we were told that having a 12% sale and an additional 2% sale it will be 14% ... add? - probably! - adding discounts.

Sometimes the discounts are of the replace one discount with another/add percentage points type - but cumulative/stacking discounts do multiply by standard maths. Magento can do either.

And I see it is time to split the thread.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Noooo we've been reduced to 1 all over again!

I'd have never thought that Kerya wasn't a native English speaker.

Okay no more offtopic I promise. For this page.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

Ah, a new home. Let's settle in. laugh

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

yes  

... and this is late, but I got a whole mess of Bundles during the bundle sale laughangel

• AriphaosAriphaos Posts: 66

I had to skip the bundle sale, unfortunately. I blew my budget on the PC+ sale.

edited July 2016

2 products from Cris. I don't remember seeing her in fastgrab before.

Post edited by Ati on
  • One of the examples in Men of Character II shows a blend of three Genesis characters and K4—it's the sixth picture, the one of the little kid. Is there a K4 clone for Genesis? I didn't think that combination was possible.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited July 2016

One of the examples in Men of Character II shows a blend of three Genesis characters and K4—it's the sixth picture, the one of the little kid. Is there a K4 clone for Genesis? I didn't think that combination was possible.

It must be Genesis child morph, not K4. Unless there is some trick we don't know.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult, that makes sense. Thanks.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    barbult said:

One of the examples in Men of Character II shows a blend of three Genesis characters and K4—it's the sixth picture, the one of the little kid. Is there a K4 clone for Genesis? I didn't think that combination was possible.

It must be Genesis child morph, not K4. Unless there is some trick we don't know.

Hey, guys, my apologies.  None of us, back then, caught my error when I put K4 on the promo.  It is, indeed, the Genesis child.  Also, I was in Fast Grab last week with some products I did with Will Dupré.  And last thing, Cris stands for Cristina.  :)  I was excited to put my Men of Character products in Fast Grab and offer them at a great discount.  I was always very proud of those morphs.

Cris stands for Cristina.

Oops, apologies. :)

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    Ati said:

Cris stands for Cristina.

Oops, apologies. :)

NP, Ati, it's a common mistake.  :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited July 2016

edit: Er, never mind. I thought this was the old thread. LOL

Post edited by jakiblue on

Ahhh I got auto unsubscribed after the split D: Beware!

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

Sales are the same, but the images on the home page have changed for PC+, Fast Grab, and Freebies. FWIW. wink

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Overdrawn said:

Sales are the same, but the images on the home page have changed for PC+, Fast Grab, and Freebies. FWIW. wink

I noticed the promo image for the "Daz 3D Freebies" is inaccurate. That Set of Liqueur in the image is a PC+ monthly freebie, not a freebie from the regular Daz 3D Freebies. 

Overdrawn said:

I noticed the promo image for the "Daz 3D Freebies" is inaccurate. That Set of Liqueur in the image is a PC+ monthly freebie, not a freebie from the regular Daz 3D Freebies. 

The stuff in the pictures rarely has much to do with the actual content.

I was busier noticing that freebies have changed up slightly to include some different Genesis content, no idea when that happened, but it's all stuff I already bought. 

8 new items in fastgrab: http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    Time to consider if I have the budget for these sales...
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2016

sucks to be Daz.

Got my item in cart, went to put a new item in, and got back; price reverted. removed all items, including Sim Tenero's that was already there. I can wait for these.

My cash is always better in my bank accout, so obviously any excuse to keep it there.

A timer on the sales would really help.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Ati said:

I was wondering why all the prices were going all over the place when I was trying to buy some stuff earlier.

Bah. I was going to wait until the PA sale in a couple months to go on a shopping spree, but I've got a PC+ coupon burning a hole in my account right now. So tempted... 

This discussion has been closed.