Which version of DAZ Studio does xxx work with?

Hello DAZ! Nice of you to tell us that nearly all your stuff is working with 4.9.

But what of us users of 4.8 / 4.7 / 4.5  etc?

It would be terribly nice and valuable if you tell us the earliest verions of DAZ which works with a certain item, too. Or at least tell us if these all sparkling new things work with older versions.

Besides the small fact that I would definitely love to get kind of a marker for all things with Iray materials or shaders. Or the option to sort these things accordingly in my product library.

That would really, really be great.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

Probably because it would cost time and money to have the testers need to test in more than one version of studio. So they just test on latest.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Well. most time it would suffice to give the version of DAZ which existed at the time the new item was developed. So if I know something was developed for 4.5, is working in 4.9, it's reasonable to think it will work in all versions in - between.

Shaders and scripts are a diffferent matter, most new ones don't work with older studio versions (say Iray, which didn't exist in earlier versions), old ones don't work with newer Studio Versions sometimes, and if I get an update, it might make my shader unusable for older versions, so that would be a very valuable information.

• Scripts can, as long as they aren't compressed or encrypted; shaders for Iray should work for 4.8 and 4.9 but may require tweaking if they are for human skin due to changes in how it was handled. Most everything else depends; Genesis 1 content should work in all versions, Genesis 2 probably won't work in versions before 4.5 or 4.6 and Genesis 3 may won't work in 4.7 and earlier.