• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • How can I modify clothing in blender which has multiple objects parented to it?

    Why do you want to export/import the buttons?

    They are probably attached with Rigid Follower Nodes, so can be moved as needed.

    By

    felis felis May 2025 in New Users
  • How can I modify clothing in blender which has multiple objects parented to it?

    So I have learnt to sculpt and modify single piece clothing, but the one I want to modify now has 10 separate buttons attached as objects which will cause a vertice mismatch if I export the shirt with the buttons and then importing as a morph to the shirt.

    I could export each individual button along with the base shirt and then import the morph for each individual item but that will be very time consuming, is there an easier way to do this?
     

     

    By

    shubasaur shubasaur May 2025 in New Users
  • UserData files - can they bloat?

    My guess is that the UserData only saves what you have entered in the database. It does not appear to add anything else, or different versions, like a metadata history. I do not know if it saves data for the currently configured library(ies) or all of them (if some are not in the current Content Set). Did you notice anything missing from the smaller files?

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Need help with importing Linday's Classic Long Hair with dForce to Blender

    I want to be able to import this hair: https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females and simulate it in Blender, but it causes lags to Blender and I cannot turn this hair to particle for simulation.
    Please, if anyone can help me... I am willing to pay you as well if you can solve this problem for me. 

    By

    usahawansufi6c2 usahawansufi6c2 May 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • How to Achieve the Squeezing/Pinching Morph Effect Shown in the Image?

    sucan2015 said:

    lilweep said:

    sucan2015 said:

    lilweep said:

    if subdvision wasnt high enough, you can increase subdivision...

    if you cant load hd morphs, then you dont need to, you dont need a poseable figure for a static render. you can just use your subdivided figure as a static mesh.

    Do you mean I should increase subdivisions in ZBrush and then export to DAZ?

     

    Zbrush is an example of a sculpting software where you would do this yes

     If so, would I lose all the materials and textures in the process? 

    Well, they wouldnt be "lost" you just need to transfer them.  Obviously this process below assumes your method for exporting and importing a sculpt doesnt remove the Surfaces.


    Steps:

    1. Import your subdivided and sculpted obj file from Zbrush (or whatever software you suclpted it in)

     

    2. In the surfaces tab for the imported sculpt, add the same shader that was used on your original figure (e.g., Iray Uber, or PBR Skin, etc)

    3. Hide the original figure

    .4. Copy the surfaces from the original figure to the imported figure. (Right click and copy in surfaces tab of original figure, paste in surfaces tab for imported figure)

     

    Alternatively for making HD morphs there are options on youtube.

     

    I might have made a mistake, but I’m not sure. When I increase subdivisions in ZBrush, finish sculpting, and use GoZ to return to DAZ, I choose "Create New Object." However, the newly imported figure only has one surface, so I can’t copy surfaces from the original figure.
    If possible, please let me know what I’m doing wrong. Thanks!

    GoZ does not preserve groups (I am not sure if this inherent to GoZ or just the way it is implemented). Use OBJ instead, and import materials as groups in the options in ZBrush, but you will need to rename the groups afterwards (unless they have changed it recently ZBrush does not preserve names even if it preserves the actual grouping).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Why is there an update in DIM for ColorWerks Hair Shaders for Iray?

    It's probably just either a metadata update or a compatibility update. IDK exactly.

    By

    frank0314 frank0314 May 2025 in The Commons
  • How to Achieve the Squeezing/Pinching Morph Effect Shown in the Image?

    lilweep said:

    sucan2015 said:

    lilweep said:

    if subdvision wasnt high enough, you can increase subdivision...

    if you cant load hd morphs, then you dont need to, you dont need a poseable figure for a static render. you can just use your subdivided figure as a static mesh.

    Do you mean I should increase subdivisions in ZBrush and then export to DAZ?

     

    Zbrush is an example of a sculpting software where you would do this yes

     If so, would I lose all the materials and textures in the process? 

    Well, they wouldnt be "lost" you just need to transfer them.  Obviously this process below assumes your method for exporting and importing a sculpt doesnt remove the Surfaces.


    Steps:

    1. Import your subdivided and sculpted obj file from Zbrush (or whatever software you suclpted it in)

     

    2. In the surfaces tab for the imported sculpt, add the same shader that was used on your original figure (e.g., Iray Uber, or PBR Skin, etc)

    3. Hide the original figure

    .4. Copy the surfaces from the original figure to the imported figure. (Right click and copy in surfaces tab of original figure, paste in surfaces tab for imported figure)

     

    Alternatively for making HD morphs there are options on youtube.

     

    I might have made a mistake, but I’m not sure. When I increase subdivisions in ZBrush, finish sculpting, and use GoZ to return to DAZ, I choose "Create New Object." However, the newly imported figure only has one surface, so I can’t copy surfaces from the original figure.
    If possible, please let me know what I’m doing wrong. Thanks!

    By

    sucan2015 sucan2015 May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Custom Product and Smart Content

    About the .dsa/.dsx files related to Metadata, by default, Daz will place them by default inside 'My Library/Runtime/Support' but you're free to move it once created: Daz is checking every /Runtime/Support folders its knows about to check where the files storing the metadata you're currently editing are located.

    What I'm doing in that respect is generally:

    1. Place every files related to the product I want to create Metadata for inside a Library called Metadonnees (Metadata in French), one that I'm only using to create Metadata for a product.

    2. Load every elements of that product (so for clothes, I'm loading every part of it, either through an outfit preset if it's available, or all of them).

    3. In the Scene tab, I'm selecting every elements related to the product.

    4. Right Click on the Scene tab > Edit > Set Default Compatibility Base

    5. Click on the … in the top right corner of the windows to open the list of all Compatibility Bases known by your installation of Daz Studio.

    6. Click on the hamburger icon in the top right corner and click on Create New Root Compatibility Base

    7. Name it as you want (to avoid conflict, if your chosen name is a bit too generic, add something to the name: an example would be character by Mousso usually are MSO [character name]) and copy-paste it for good measure, then click Accept

    8. Paste the name you just typed in the search field which should automatically select it in the list below or select it if you only typed part of the name, then click Accept to close that window, then Accept again to finally tell Daz to set that Compatibility Base for all the items selected: it'll create automatically new sub-root Compatibility base for most selected item based on something that is escaping me right now.

    Note: you can also create it manually, by creatin a New Compatibility Base then a New Sub-root Compatibility Base, it's just easier to let Daz in charge of that part of the work, especially when there is a lot of sub-root bases to create.

    The next step will happens in the Metadata editor so in the case of your figure

    9. In the list of Assets, select the .duf  file that will load it and in the Compatibilities Base tab, click 'Add a new compatibility base to file' and paste the name of the root compatibility base in the search field.

    10. Click on it and open it to select the sub-root compatibility base you want to attach to that product, click Accept.

    Once you have saved the change, you now have a Compatibility base attached to your figure, one that you'll now be able to set it in the Compatibilities row for all the presets specific to your figure (like poses, materials, wearables presets, etc).

    Note that if you created a prop, let's say a weapon, for your figure, if you have a .duf file to load the prop alone, it'll have its own compatibility base and it'll not have Compatibilities set to your figure: you'll have to create a wearable preset (to load the prop where it should be loaded on the figure, so for a weapon, in one of the hand of the figure) which will not have any Compatibility Base but will have your figure sets as Compatibilities.

    You best bet if you don't know how to set some metadata, once you have the basics in mind is to open a product with metadata made by Daz and usually, you'll see how they are labelling everything (note: mistakes are not unheard even with metadata created by Daz but at one point, you'll know how to detect them too).

    By

    Elor Elor May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Custom Product and Smart Content

    The Compatibility Base is indeed the key to successful metadata, and therefore Smart Content. Assuming you have all the parts in place, a Product defined, Content type, default categories, etc.

    I have done this many times with 3rd party products to make DIM-compatible packages using Content Package Assist (CPA for short).

    To get a compatibility base working, you need to make a link between the logical definitions and an actual instance of that object. Load all unique assets into a blank scene and select them all. They do not necessarily need to be parented or fit to something, as long as you have one of everything. Right-click on the Scene tab, or on the context menu at the top of the pane, and select Edit -> Set Default Compatibility Base... to set a common root under which all assets will be gathered. 

    Click the ellipsis at the far right of the dialog and wait for the list of available bases to show up. This is where you can select or add the appropriate base you need to make the association. You will likely have to enter a new Root Compatibility Base, from the drop-down menu at the far right. The root should be set to the Product Name for convenience, and the other selected assets will automatically be included when you Accept. (The process can take a while if you have many Products). Check the "Selected nodes only" if there are other assets that are not meant to be included, otherwise every object in the scene will be included.

    If you do not select all the Assets you want to include, you can always go back and add the stragglers later using the same process, or one at a time using the Edit -> Scene Identification... option and add more Sub-Compatibility bases to the Root Compatibility base.

    Once that is done, off to the alphanumeric Product section. Choose your Product from the list, then edit metadata. You are at the Vendor data level, which allows you to set many aspects of the metadata not available in the simpler UserData level. You can select a Store (DAZ 3D and LOCAL USER are the only choices, unless you add another with an external script), a Token (Product number), Artists (your Artist handle, or not), and a Description.

    The metadata support file path and name will be completed automatically if Auto-fill is checked. It takes the info from the previous fields construct the name. The metadata will be saved to the folder where the product files are located, in a Runtime/Support folder, created if needed (or maybe the first Library in the Content Set). I personally use a blank test library, first in the list, with nothing other than the Product being processed. Easier to see if anything is missing. Paths are relative, so when you package and install somewhere else, it will be totally transparent.

    The Files section will have references to all Support Assets in the product, like file icons, data files, texture bitmaps, i.e., everything else that gets installed. If you have properly set up the Root Compatibility base, you should see your assets in the Scene IDs section. They should be all checked, but you can exclude any that should not be there.

    On to the Assets tab. Here is where you make the link between the Compatibility Base and the object in the scene. Select each entry in the top half that has geometry (e.g., Figures, Props, etc.), all at once or one at a time, and select the Compatibility Base tab in the lower half. Right-click each listed Asset in the lower half and select "Add Compatibility Base to Selected File(s)" (your only choice at this point).  This will open the full list of Compatibility Bases, which should look familiar now. Locate you new Root Compatibility base, and expand to show the list of Sub-Bases. Pick the one you want to assign to the file and Accept. Rinse, repeat for each unique element. Each asset can have only one Base.

    Materials, Poses, and the like, don't get Bases, but they can be assigned Compatibilities using the same process from the Compatibilities tab. There you can do more than one at a time if, say, several material presets or poses can apply to the same object or objects. You can also set Content type and Default Categories if you haven't already.

    If Auto Export is checked, the metadata files will be written to the appropriate folder when you Accept the changes. I personally like to export manually to make sure it went to the right place. Data is committed to the database when you Accept. Now would also be a good time to add your Product thumbnail to the support folder (same name as the metadata files).

    Now, to bring all this work into the family, you can package the new metadata files with your Product (with CPA). Uninstall from the test folder and re-install where you want. The new metadata will be installed in the Library with the Product assets. You should now have a fully functional Smart Content Product.

    I am sure that there is a utility that can do all this automatically, but I like to see what's going on instead of relying on the unfamiliar.

    I believe that covers everything, don't hesitate if you have any questions.

    (Edited for small typos)

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz Studio 6 Beta - version 6.26.2026.26903! (Updated September 29, 2026)

    When I start the DS 2025 Alpha I get this warning. I have no idea what it causes it or what it means:

    2025-05-05 00:20:09.387 [INFO] :: Creating Multimedia Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.387 [INFO] :: Creating Content Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.396 [INFO] :: Scanning Import folders...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.396 [INFO] :: Scanning Content folders...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.426 [INFO] :: Creating Render Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.428 [INFO] :: Creating Texture Converter Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.429 [INFO] :: Creating Texture Baker Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.431 [INFO] :: Creating Device Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.431 [INFO] :: Creating CallBack Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.457 [WARNING] :: Warning: Setting a new default format with a different version or profile after the global shared context is created may cause issues with context sharing.
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.567 [INFO] :: Initializing OpenGL extensions...
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.572 [VERBOSE] :: Using GLEW 2.1.0
    2025-05-05 00:20:09.573 [VERBOSE] :: Supported OpenGL extensions:

    And also a bit later:

    2025-05-05 00:20:12.983 [INFO] :: Creating Script Engine...
    2025-05-05 00:20:13.026 [INFO] :: Creating Main Window...
    2025-05-05 00:20:13.026 [INFO] :: Creating Viewport Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:13.068 [WARNING] :: Warning: Setting a new default format with a different version or profile after the global shared context is created may cause issues with context sharing.
    2025-05-05 00:20:13.174 [WARNING] :: endResetModel called on DzGeometryGroupListModel(0x1bbc1324310) without calling beginResetModel first

    2025-05-05 00:20:13.191 [INFO] :: Creating Action Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:13.203 [INFO] :: Creating Pane Manager...
    2025-05-05 00:20:14.301 [INFO] :: Loading Actions: C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio6 Public Build/actions.dsx
    2025-05-05 00:20:14.418 [INFO] :: Loading Custom Actions: C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio6 Public Build/customactions.dsx
    2025-05-05 00:20:14.735 [INFO] :: Loading Menus: C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio6 Public Build/menus.dsx
    2025-05-05 00:20:14.772 [INFO] :: Loading ToolBars: C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio6 Public Build/toolbars.dsx
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.123 [VERBOSE] :: Update Check: Interval = 7 days, Since = 6 days, Last = Tue Apr 29 2025
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.123 [VERBOSE] :: Update Check: Days (6) < Min (7)
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.126 [INFO] :: Executing startup script...
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.168 [INFO] :: Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio6 Public Build
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.168 [INFO] :: DAZ Studio started
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.251 [WARNING] :: Initializing RHI with OpenGL backend
    2025-05-05 00:20:15.265 [INFO] :: Loading Layout: C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio6 Public Build/layout.dsx

     

     

    By

    barbult barbult May 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Custom Product and Smart Content

    Hi all, 

    For a while now I've been working on making my own products. 

    I've got pretty much everything figured out, except for the Smart Content. 

    All the files are done up and ready to go like a 3rd party product, where one would be able to install the files manually. I purchased the Content Package Assist product (https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist), and it works. Everything is able to be installed through DIM. 

    But the one thing that doesn't work is that the Smart Content doesn't transfer over. There is a Smart Content Product that exists, but all the files have lost their metadata. The only part of the process of exporting Metadata that I haven't figured out is setting a compatibility base, which for pretty much every tutorial I go through, doesn't cover how to do this for entirely custom figures. (Most just say, "Choose Genesis 8 as your base compatibility and then hit okay.") 

    So I'm basically making creatures with poses, textures, props, etc. How do I go about setting the Compatibility bases for something entirely new like this? (I'm told that this needs to happen.) 

    With that said, I'm not convinced that this is actually the problem. (I could be wrong.) If not that, then where else might the problem lie? 

    Also, when I export the metadata, it puts the file in my main Daz content library, but I have the product assets in a separate base library folder. I will then copy them over to the Runtime/Support folder where they would get installed with the rest of the product. Could that be part of the issue? 

    I realize that there's probably more information needed here, but like I said, I'm trying to narrow the problem because most tutorials glaze right over this point that I need help with. 

    Thanks! 

    By

    OVD OVD May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz3D Is the right program to create poses on Second Life?

    FSMCDesigns said:

    sandro.diiorio said:

    Hi everyone. I would like to make poses to import on Second Life.
    I'm trying Daz3D. I can't find compatible models for SL, the ones I found are not Bento, so I can't model them in detail. How can I solve?

    Thank you for your time.

    yeah, you won't find anything at DAZ that can be used in SL. In the past, anything that is imported into SL automatically became the property of Linden labs and DAZ takes it's copyright on it's property seriously, as they should.

    besides, DS uses it's own form of rigging which probably isn't compatable to the bento avatar skeleton in SL.

    This is false. There's a tutorial and a kit that you can download from the SL website that lets you make poses in Daz. You have to manually do it, no taking shortcuts, but you can pose a little SL model in Daz, export the pose, and then import it into SL easily in a matter of minutes.

    By

    Bomber Bomber May 2025 in New Users
  • Hair in MSO Nelly Main Promo?

    I don't have it (in my wishlist). But it is polygon hair, so can be adjusted in any modeller.

    If you don't know a modeller, you might be able to do it with an animated timeline simulation. Start with the character in horizontal position, so the hair falls back, and then use the helper objects, e.g. 2 cylinder primitives, to push the hair towards the center, and then raise the character to upright (default) position. It can be a bit fiddly to get the timing of all the movements right.

    If you use the base character for this exercise you can export it, and import as a morph you can use whenever you like.

    By

    felis felis May 2025 in Product Suggestions
  • Genesis 9 FACS – How do you drive hundreds of DAZ morphs with a 2-D facial board in Blender?
    Just to clarify. That 2D control board your talking about is actually just a rig. It can be done but I don't think anyone actually does it because you can import expressions and what not from daz already. However there's nothing actually stopping someone from building a facial control rig like that. You should be able to find tutorials about it on YouTube pretty easily to learn the concepts.

    By

    hardwire666 hardwire666 May 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Link to Link?

    Just to show you what I did.  I logged into Daz3d  (using Daz Studio in the case) with the updat metadata clicked.  As it loads, I see the progress bar showing updating metadata (#1).

    #1

    I then went to the Install Tab, and had it sort by date and search by "9" as in Genesis 9 (#2). A you can see here, I haven't installed the ManWolverine.  I clicked on Link and installed  He then appeared in Install Tab, Smart Content Tab, and isn't quite visible in Content Library Tab (a virtual location shows up).

    #2

    and Voila Link!

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 May 2025 in The Commons
  • New computer, new install - DIM not seeing my already installed?

    Charlie Judge said:

    Llola Lane said:

    Charlie Judge said:

    Llola Lane said:

    ok. did a speed test twice for my internet.. I guess mine is waaaaaaay slower than yours Frank (sighs)... And it is NOT cheap what we pay per month :(

    What ISP plan do you have? Most cable or fiber optics plans provide at least 300 megabytes per second or more. If you are paying for that and not getting it you may have to contact your ISP.

    ETA: I looked your modem/router up on the internet and it looks like it should be cabable of handling up to about 400 mbps:

    https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Surfboard-Certified-Spectrum-SBG10/dp/B07H42QXF1/ref=asc_df_B07H42QXF1?mcid=91fe7be42cf432eba30d76400fa5b8dc&hvocijid=5486153348248238483-B07H42QXF1-&hvexpln=73&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=721245378154&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5486153348248238483&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009863&hvtargid=pla-2281435175938&psc=1

    ok... hubby and I did some chatting... going without a wireless is NOT an option for us.... We have to keep the wireless (for cellphone usage and hubby's computer in the far bedroom (I also plan on doing a speed test with his laptop to see what reading we get for him))... So... We are going to try and move the desktop closer to the wireless to see if speeds improve... if so we know it's the wireless and distance.    We have spectrum cable in Ohio.

    Just did some rechecking and some  of the 1 star reviews say that this modem doesnot work with Spectrum. Also the title has been changed to say it doesnot work with Spectrum. Do you own the modem or does Spectrum provide it? If Spectrum is providing it you may need to contact them for a replacement. Spectrum has modem router combinations you can rent or they will provide a modem and you can purchase a seperate router. 

    Thanks Charlie.. that is true... we own our wireless... hubby doesn't want to rent any more equipment if he doesn't have to.  We pay sooo much already.   

    Not sure if you saw my CONCLUSION above... We have ordered an antenna for my computer with a 6 foot cord so I can move it way from metal interference... I have the computer sort of in the middle of the room now and I'm getting good speeds downloading DIM.. Today it actually hit 238mbs!  Just finished watching TV and I am mostly caught up with downloads... WOO HOOT... My manifest files seem to be all there too.  When I load my characters now I'm getting metadata correctly... Still sorting out my favorites... etc... I could not find my old LAYOUTS... but... I've also ordered a case for the old C ssd drive and hopefully I'll be able to grab a few files before it dies completely.  I've also ordered a 26tb external hard drive... I plan on putting ALL my files on the new drive... I have about 10 external drives of various sizes with stuff scattered all over them.  This will let me get everything sorted on 1 drive.  I love organizing!  So... slowly getting back to normal with Daz here and I'll be back to rendering in no time (fingers crossed)

    Thank you ALL for your support with trying to help me sort this all out.  Hopefully it will be a while before anything else goes on my computer... lol

    Stay well one and all... Llola huggiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    By

    Llola Lane Llola Lane May 2025 in The Commons
  • Problems with "filter by context" after update

    If you had an Uninstall otpion then DIM was irrelevant, uninstalling through DS was needed to remove those files (which get used in prefrence to the DIM files) and then reinstalling put them backa gain, with correct metadata, at which point the DIM files were again irrelevant.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine May 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How to Achieve the Squeezing/Pinching Morph Effect Shown in the Image?

    lilweep said:

    sucan2015 said:

    lilweep said:

    if subdvision wasnt high enough, you can increase subdivision...

    if you cant load hd morphs, then you dont need to, you dont need a poseable figure for a static render. you can just use your subdivided figure as a static mesh.

    Do you mean I should increase subdivisions in ZBrush and then export to DAZ?

     

    Zbrush is an example of a sculpting software where you would do this yes

     If so, would I lose all the materials and textures in the process? 

    Well, they wouldnt be "lost" you just need to transfer them.  Obviously this process below assumes your method for exporting and importing a sculpt doesnt remove the Surfaces.


    Steps:

    1. Import your subdivided and sculpted obj file from Zbrush (or whatever software you suclpted it in)

     

    2. In the surfaces tab for the imported sculpt, add the same shader that was used on your original figure (e.g., Iray Uber, or PBR Skin, etc)

    3. Hide the original figure

    .4. Copy the surfaces from the original figure to the imported figure. (Right click and copy in surfaces tab of original figure, paste in surfaces tab for imported figure)

     

    Alternatively for making HD morphs there are options on youtube.
    I think I messed up a step earlier—I forgot to set up the shader, so copying the surface didn’t work. I’ll try it again following your advice. Thanks!

    I think I messed up a step earlier—I forgot to set up the shader, so copying the surface didn’t work. I’ll try it again following your advice. Thanks!

     

     

    By

    sucan2015 sucan2015 May 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Missing Icons for DAZ Store content

    No, don't delete anything from that file!

    The thumbnail image is missing from the installer for quite a lot of products. You could raise a support ticket (but don't hold your breath because the wait for any action will probably be long) or you can fix it yourself.

    You see that first "SupportAssets" line in your screenshot: for the metadata file called DAZ_3D_95683_dForce_Ultra_Cut_Dress_for_G8_and_8_1F.dsx?

    Get a small thumbnail image of the product (you can use the one that DIM downloads, or photo-reduce the main image from the store page) and copy it into the same place
    i.e. [your-content-library]/Runtime/Support

    then rename it to: DAZ_3D_95683_dForce_Ultra_Cut_Dress_for_G8_and_8_1F.png
    or .jpg if that's what your thumbnail image is

    Then next time you start up Daz Studio the iage should appear. (Or you can right-click the Smart Content "All Products" and pick Refresh)

    Same applies (obviously with different file names) for ever other product with a .dsx on Runtime/Support but no matching-name image file.

    ETA: I've never seen a metadata file with so little in it as the one on the left of your screenshot - what on earth is that product?

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL May 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Link to Link?

    fbell said:

    nemesis10 said:

    fbell said:

    I guess it's not available to all Premier members yet, no show on my side!

    Just in case you haven't done so,  login Daz Studio app and have the app update metadata so the Install Tab can repopulate with new products.

    Done multiple times to no avail - still not showing

    time for a ticket then...

     

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 May 2025 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.