• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Is there a current thread about Connect products where questions can be asked?

    Questions such as, why are the older Michael 3 and the Victoria 3 base connect ready and can be downloaded via Connect, when the Michael 4 Base and his morphs++, and the Victoria 4.2 Base and her morphs++ are not connect ready at all? Even tho LOTS of M4 and V4 characters that require these bases and morphs are currently Connect ready to be downloaded within DS? 

    By

    jakiblue jakiblue April 2016 in The Commons
  • V4 hair on G2F

    Can I use Victoria 4 hair on the Genesis 2 Female if I manually resize and parent the hair to the Genesis 2 Female?

    I'm interested in this hair:

    https://www.daz3d.com/sabrina-hair

    I'm pretty sure I can load the hair and parent it to the G2F, but what I want to know is will I be able to then pose the braids, or will it become a static prop? 

    By

    dalibuwaitur dalibuwaitur April 2016 in New Users
  • Dynamic Clothing Pane Missing Some Options

    Sound good Ingo. The character that Tipol has made lots of dynamic dresses for (I listed a few above) is Victoria 4 for use in the Poser Cloth room. I would like to be able to use the dynamic clothes on Genesis 3 female (G3f) in DAZ Studio 4.9. DAZ Studio does not use the same system for dynamic clothing as Poser, so the dynamic clothes need to be made especially for DS4.9, which is where you do your magic. If you and Tipol want to be able to sell these products to a wide customer base then you should design them for use on the base G3f figure. I understand that even dynamic clothes need to fit the figure reasonably well otherwise they will look like they are made the wrong size for the figure. However, I think the most universally applicable method for getting a good initial fit would be to have a bunch of adjustment morphs which could be applied before draping. Actually I suppose the autofit facility of DS should be able to help there. Again, I'm not sure of how that works technically; as far as I understand DS copies morphs on the figure to the clothing, but I could be wrong. Even a few basic scale morphs would be useful as a start.

    A threeway collaboration between a clothes designer, a clothes mesh/rig maker and a texture designer, sounds like there could be some really exciting stuff being produced.

    By

    IsaacNewton IsaacNewton April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please Bring Back "HIRO"!

    Hiro 5 looked like an alien. David 5 was okay, but looked like plastic and was released with some really crappy outfits. Of course they didn't sell.

    Well, as I've said elsewhere, I really think what hit David 5 the hardest was that he was released, quite literally, one month before Genesis 2 was released. And, unlike the relative quietude with Genesis 3, Daz had been very public, and teasing the forthcoming Genesis 2 with Victoria 6. And getting people to invest in older tech when the next thing is coming along and we know that, and we know more or less when it's going to happen, is very nearly impossible.

    Gia 6 was a disappointment for Daz as well... but they still took a chance with Gia 7... and second time around they got her right.

    Well ... yes, but disappointment is relative, after all. Gia may have done well enough to reward Daz, even if she wasn't a huge seller. Given what Daz and various PAs have said publicly about the relative sales of female versus male figures and items, the margin for tolerable disappointment in male figures and items is likely much smaller.

    I do wonder if certain male figures/releases/analogues might do better if they were paired figure releases, the way they did with Darius and Monique. For example, if they brought the same style of Hiro figure back again this generation, but put him on sale at the same time as Keiko 7 (assuming purely for the sake of argument that there will be a Keiko 7; I've no idea how well she did), would he do better? If they decided to do a David 7 -- yes, we've been told that's not likely to happen, but work with me, people! -- but put him on sale at the same time as Stephanie 7 (see previous assumption), would he do better? I mean, it's not likely that they would do worse, in any event.

    Not all of the males would need that sort of treatment, of course. Michael, at least, does not.

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler April 2016 in The Commons
  • Making clothes in Carrara vs Blender

    "Weight's" refers to "Bone weights",. when a mesh object is rigged with bones,. each bone exerts an area of influence over a section of mesh nearest it. (like a magnet) which allows the mesh to be animated by moving the bones,.  this area of influence increases and decreases along the bone length, creating a smooth transition between each bone's area of influence.

    Carrara automatically creates the basic bone weights when you attach a skeleton to a mesh,. and these Weight areas can be adjusted by painting or using sliders in the Vertex modeller.

    Daz Studio has a "Transfer utility" which allows you to transfer the bines and weights from Genesis/G2 etc,. into a model you've imported,. which makes that model a "Conforming clothing" item.

    You could use a Genesis figure insrttead of V4,. and get the V4 shape for genesis to make Genesis lok like V4,. which woul allow you to use that transfer utility in DS to handle the weights.

    One thought on "skin-tight",.. You could create a new texture map,. (based on the V4 Skin texture maps as a starting point/template).

    you could "texture" a pair of skin tight leggings,. rather than modelling them.

    there were several outfits sold here,. for Victoria 2 , 3 and 4 which use this (painted on) "Second Skin" principle.

     

    You make a Morph target by adjusting the vertices of your model into a different shape (drawn-back),. then saving that obj

    you should experiment with your bow model in Carrara's vertex modeller,. create some morph targets and see how they work.

    You would "parent" the bow to the figures hand,. Drag and drop in the figure's heirarchy

    In Poser and Daz Studio,. you should be able to save that "parented model and it's position" as a "Smart prop" which a user can simply click to load and parent to the figure.

    Hope it helps

    By

    3DAGE 3DAGE April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?

    That reminds me of the "Victoria 5 Preview" April Fools item wink

    LOL.  Or a bad zombie morph. ;-)  Very bad. 

    Yes, it happens to me every morning when I look in the mir ... oh, you mean in Daz Studio ...? cheekycrying

    Reminded me of a real bad hair day, just a bit lower. :-)

    Priceless! laugh

    Indeed.  His comment was funny. yes

     

     

     

     

    By

    Jan19 Jan19 April 2016 in The Commons
  • Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?

    That reminds me of the "Victoria 5 Preview" April Fools item wink

    By

    Chuckdozer Chuckdozer April 2016 in The Commons
  • Making clothes in Carrara vs Blender

    Thanks for the input.  I am not sure what FiftElement ment by transfering weights, but I am now hot on researching that. I am in the process of seeing if I can do a big 3D project.  I do have past experience in modeling, but it was all still work.  I got past the first two steps in my plan so far.  But this is my first real hard part.  I need to model a three item for a Victoria 4 character.  All drawings are done for the items:

    1 - The first is any of the following: boots, a close fitting top, or  gloves.

    2 - Close fitting leggings that are skin tight.

    3 - Importing an (archery) bow.  It is 90% modeled in Blender. I need figure out how  to make the morphs so when it is pulled it moves, and how to attach it to a hand.

    Any additional direction on modeling the items for V4 would be appreciated. As at this time have no idea how to start it (for a Daz figure).

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Genesis 3

    I cannot figure out how to get Daz 4.9 to locate where it put Genesis 3 when I installed her.  I really want to try to use her and see if she's as good as Victoria 4, but I can't find her to get her to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

    By

    wildhunt1_f3a1879e76 wildhunt1_f3a1879e76 April 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • George HD

    It's time for me to do another fan-art render of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from "Dune":

    "Bring in that floating fat man, the Baron!" -- Emperor Shaddam IV

    That was the first thing that came into my head to, he's got that look !

    D'oh!  Beaten to the punch...twice over!

    years ago, and I mean over adecade when the male morphs for Victoria 3 were released (thus before Micheal 3 debuted), I experimented and posted a portrait of the Baron within the old forums.

    Heh, my own Baron Vladimir Harkonnen image was made with the Fat Man model from the original Zygote Fun Stuff CD, rendered in Bryce. That really was back in the Dawn of Time as far as hobbyist 3D was concerned. The technology has improved just a little since then ...

    By

    bytescapes bytescapes April 2016 in The Commons
  • George HD

    It's time for me to do another fan-art render of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from "Dune":

    "Bring in that floating fat man, the Baron!" -- Emperor Shaddam IV

    That was the first thing that came into my head to, he's got that look !

    D'oh!  Beaten to the punch...twice over!

    years ago, and I mean over adecade when the male morphs for Victoria 3 were released (thus before Micheal 3 debuted), I experimented and posted a portrait of the Baron within the old forums.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern April 2016 in The Commons
  • Adding libraries in Carrara 8.5 *SOLVED*

    I added the single runtime folder as explained above like when I added my older material.  So I do not understand what you mean Eddy.  Also do you select Poser Run Time or Content?

    Is Genisis 2 and and Victoria 5 content not good for Carrara 8.5?

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Can't Render, Won't Buy

    @marble. How do you feel about postwork/a bit of compositing? photoshop (and similar) have some very good denoising tools.

     

    Also the one thing I really do like about luxrender was that tool to give certain parts of the render more priority. Now Iray doesnt have that, but what you can do is, if 80% of your render is done and clean looking, you can save that and then do a spot render to a new window of just the trouble bits (like somewere with glass or more shadows).

     

    A lot  of my renders with scenery are actually quite piecemeal this render

    Is actually 3 renders The background above the water with victoria and her clothes deleted (which needed relatively few samples to complete) The part of the background with water again with no victoria (which needed a lot of samples as the water was volumetric), and then just the area of the scene victoria was occupying (more samples than the BG less than the water)

    By

    j cade j cade April 2016 in The Commons
  • Adding libraries in Carrara 8.5 *SOLVED*

    I have two libraries that I want to add to Carrara. I have divided them up into 2 folders. The first is really old Victoria4-like items (older items).  The second is Victoria 5.  I manually installed them without DIM and made paths that worked out really well in Daz Studio. But I am having a problem getting one of them into Carrara.  The older Victoria 4 stuff went in easy:
    File Folder Menu/ Add Folder/ (Browse to OldStuff Runtime and click OK)  I think I selected Poser runtime - and all my content is there.

    But when I did the same for my Victoria5-like items I only see some of the items in the folder.  I tried both Poser Run Time and Content.

    Any suggestions? This is strange since I see everything in Daz Studio.

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • April New User 3D Art Contest "Open Render" (WIP)

    Finally, I've made my mind on my second entry after making tree trial scenes, G3F with bathing suit, Iray Skydome and a couple of beach props.

    Both body and swimsuit looks nicely wet, which makes the dry hair and face look a bit off. The hair could also use some posing, especially on her left side it falls unnatural and seems to disappear into her chest.

    There could of course be perfectly logical reasons to why hair and face is not wet like her body, but when I see the scene I get the feeling she's sundrying after having been out in the water. If I knew how to make hair look wet I'd tell you, but unfortunately I don't have a clue about how to do that.

    I agree with you Isidorn, I think I have some wet hair made for Victoria 4, I will try to use it hoping it'll fit in Genesis3, I'll add wet skin to her face and see how she will look. Thanks. yes

    By

    h_habash h_habash April 2016 in New User Contests and Events
  • How to get better and faster renders with Iray?

    You can also try turning off the normal maps in the surfaces tab on you character if they have any. I doubt you will see any difference in the render results, and it should knock off a few minutes of render time. There is also that down sampling trick some people use: http://buerobewegt.com/quicktip-rendering-even-faster-in-iray/

    I decided to run a little down sample test since I have Girl 7. I used Tinkerbell Hair, which probably cut a little time as it is a simpler hair style. I just used all default iray settings for the basis of this test, adding mesh lights would add time. At 1300 x 2500, my GTX 670 2gb was able to render my test pic in exactly 6 minutes flat. (You can view the full image by opening the image in a new tab.)

    After that test, I tried down sampling. I rendered the exact same scene at 2000 x 4000, and stopped it at 56%, which was at the 3 minute mark. Then I went to Gimp and resized my picture to 1250 x 2500 (yeah, not exact.) The results were pretty much the same.

    So give down sampling a shot.. Just remember you still need to stay within your graphics card's vram. Go too big and the gpu will drop out, leaving the cpu to chug very, very slowly by itself.

    I also recommend the GTX 960 4gb. This assumes you budget is around $200. If that is more than you want to spend, I still recommend considering it. If Daz is something you are really interested in doing, you will thank yourself later. There just is no substitute for raw power when it comes to iray. Just remember to make sure whatever you get will fit your case and that your power supply can handle it. The GTX 670 I have is in the ball park with the 960 in power. I'm not sure how they compare in Daz, but as a gaming card, the 670 and 960 are actually close in some areas, with one card doing better than the other at certain games, but the 960 is generally better overall. So I'd wager a 960 would perform at least a little better for Daz, especially the 4 gb version. G3 characters take up a ton of vram, and having 2 gb is quite frustrating. As for me, personally, I am trying to hold out until the next Nvidia line up is released sometime this year. It is hard to recommend waiting, though, because we do not know when these will release. They likely will release the most powerful cards first, and the more main stream cards could be a while.

    On a side note, I happen to like Victoria 7's skin on Girl 7. I swapped the skins out in my test and downsampled the 2000 x 4000 original image to 1250 x 2500 like the ones above. I also turned off the normal maps, Vicky 7 happens to have a nice toggle built right in her material settings. This time, the render jumped to 64% before I even noticed it, which was right at 3 minutes. Again, the lighting here is just default iray. I suppose I could have tried working the lighting a bit. Of note, I did another render with more makeup, and it took 3.5 minutes to hit 52%, I didn't think the makeup would effect it that much! Perhaps that was an anomaly.

    I will try your suggestions. Thank you! I love your renders! Thank for experimenting with the render times. That video card sounds awesome.

    By

    novelist999 novelist999 April 2016 in The Commons
  • Xiuying head morph doesn't work, and characters load Victoria morphs when they aren't supposed to?

    I picked up Xiuying for Mei Lin, and own Mei Lin. 

    If I load the character under Characters, her morphs load along with Victoria 7 morphs at 100%.  Additionally, I notice this happens with quite a few characters.  I can dial down the Victoria 7 morphs to zero and appears normal, except with Xiuying she's default Genesis 7 head.

    I can load Genesis 3 then apply her morphs individually under Characters -> Freja, the head morph doesn't work.  Filtering the morphs out under Parameters it appears her head morphs didn't install.  I see her body morphs.

    I'm using Studio 4.9 64 bit.  I installed through Daz Install Manager, and I don't see an update yet.

    http://www.daz3d.com/xiuying-for-mei-lin-7

    By

    Gator Gator April 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Antonia Hair - description mistake

    Hi - love the new Antonia hair - but in your description you've left in "Katharina".

    -------

    Antonia Hair is a high quality brand new long hairstyle for your female's heads.

    This high quality hair package comes with a detailed 3D mesh made of lots of small hairstrands that give this hair real-world volume and the possibility for cool dynamic looks.

    In combination with high quality advanced shader settings for Daz Studio Iray, this hair will add a big portion of realism to your renders.

    The quality Iray shaders, based on the popular OOT IrayPair Hair shaders, completely react to your scene's lighting for natural exposure in dark, medium or bright lighting scenarios. Additionally this sets comes with a second set of brand new Iray shaders with enhanced SSS settings.

    Beneath the Iray shaders, you will also get a set of advanced UberSurface materials for Daz Studio 3Delight and a set of advanced materials for Poser 7 or higher.

    All Katharina Hair options come with both native Daz Studio and Poser files, making use of the hair in your preferred software easy. It comes with fits for Victoria 4, Genesis 2 Female, Victoria 6, Aiko 6, The Girl 6, Genesis 3 Female, Victoria 7, Arabella 7, Bethany 7, Mei Lin 7 and The Girl 7.

    130 included morphs give you lots of possibilities for adjusting, styling, movement and fitting.

    By

    Josette3d Josette3d April 2016 in The Commons
  • 3D celebrity look alike models for G3F

    It´s also my opinion. Now that Mihrelle is also producing characters for Genesis 3 we will see soon great characters! Mihrelle was one of my favourite vendors when buying Celebrity-like characters for Victoria 4 (i think i own all) :)

    By

    chrbou2001 chrbou2001 April 2016 in The Commons
  • * CLOSED* RRRR Story Render Contest

    I got three environments so I am pretty sure where each frame of my story will be taking place!  Not sure why a Spartan warrior would have an American bison in his basement, but the true story will be out soon.  This should be fun.  Put me down for my standard $10 sponsorship.

    CORRECTION: 4 environments, not 3.  Well, that is RRRR for you.

    222  American Bison    http://www.daz3d.com/american-bison

    1406  DH Basement  http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-basement

    4379  R and R Time   http://www.daz3d.com/r-r-time

    5033  Spartan Warrior  http://www.daz3d.com/spartan-warrior

    5170  String Bikini for Victoria 6   http://www.daz3d.com/string-bikini-for-victoria-6

    6067  West Park Hydrotherapy   http://www.daz3d.com/west-park-hydrotherapy

    1958  Extravagance for Baroque Grandeur  http://www.daz3d.com/extravagance-for-baroque-grandeur

    1504  DH Great Room Breakfast Nook Legacy (?http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-great-room-breakfast-nook ?)

    Random numbers generated Apr 9 2016 at 6:55:54 by www.psychicscience.org

    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

    By

    Diomede Diomede April 2016 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.