• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • DIM not connecting...

    I think this is the lot:

    http://www.daz3d.com/undead-wizard-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-chamber-interior

    http://www.daz3d.com/mathius-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/mathius-vampire-for-genesis-3-male-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/blood-moon-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-chamber-interior

    http://www.daz3d.com/summer-maxi-dress-for-genesis-3-female-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/fw-sushmita-hd-for-victoria-7-and-her-jewelry

    http://www.daz3d.com/simply-everyday-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis-3-female-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/sushmita-bundle

    http://www.daz3d.com/vampire-mathius-bundle

    http://www.daz3d.com/phantom-poses-for-mathius-genesis-3-male-s

    http://www.daz3d.com/molto-bello

     

    By

    Nath Nath November 2016 in The Commons
  • *CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest

    pull#2

    #4927 Sci-Fi Blast Bunker (#19753)
    #1286 Dainties for Boudoir Bliss (#14629)
    #2266 FWSA Stacia for Victoria 6 (#20783)
    #4891 Scarlet Nights Hair Expansion (#10280)

    Random numbers generated Nov 25 2016 at 9:44:59 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

    Girls, lingerie and a bunkar, what can poossible go wrong ;-)

    By

    Totte Totte November 2016 in The Commons
  • *CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest

    Tag:Totte#1 

    #527 Bear (#358) Oh no!! This one has so bad UVs.. lol
    #1123 Corridor Construction Kit (Rendo i think)
    #3562 Miu Zen for Victoria 6 (#19968)
    #4373 Pretty Tailor Hair (#17117)

    Also Used:
    Hikami Hair + Turtle Tank and Mini Skirt + Ronin Hood Boots
    Glamourous glasses
    Genesis + Ian + Effortless Cool + Liquid Pack
    Karen 7 + Casual Summer + Kimberly Hair + Rigged Water

    Shaders Used:
    JM Human shaders
    UHT2 Hair Shaders
    Subsurface Workshop
    PBS Shaders Vol. 2
    Iran Converter For Genesis

    The CERN Hadron Collider Annual Bear Beer Run

    Every year on March 14, in memory of the birth of Albert Einstein, the students and reseachers at CERN makes a race along the Hadron Collider Tunnel with a glass of beer in the hand. Along the sides a huges colorful inflated bears flled with a gas compound. As they run random bursts of electrons in the collider, the bears will randomly move, hitting the runners hard, as the magnetic field effects them. 

    By

    Totte Totte November 2016 in The Commons
  • *CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest

    One can always try a Slosh UHT shader on it - that's my policy with old animals.

    Slosh's shader still needs UVs and these get clumped together as the surface curves away from the sides - I wouldn't expect them to help a lot.

    I always thought if you just apply the utility enough times you can get to the level noone would see any distortions. But I might be wrong.

     

    My first pull:

    995 Morrigan Outfit for G3F
    235 Stylin for M4
    879 Aiko 4 Isa, Real Textures 
    684 Alicia for Victoria Iven
    920 Barrel Vacuum Cleaner (LB)

    Looks like it's going to be a lot of ladies... Damn those freebies, taking like half of the pull. I should grab less free stuff.

    But aren't the freebie the best to work with devillaugh!!!

    I know that say about 98% of my content libary is freebieslolz

    I shall be partaking in this time around just as soon as I get the bugs worked out on my Daz Studio etc......

    By

    Saphirewild Saphirewild November 2016 in The Commons
  • *CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest

    One can always try a Slosh UHT shader on it - that's my policy with old animals.

    Slosh's shader still needs UVs and these get clumped together as the surface curves away from the sides - I wouldn't expect them to help a lot.

    I always thought if you just apply the utility enough times you can get to the level noone would see any distortions. But I might be wrong.

     

    My first pull:

    995 Morrigan Outfit for G3F
    235 Stylin for M4
    879 Aiko 4 Isa, Real Textures 
    684 Alicia for Victoria Iven
    920 Barrel Vacuum Cleaner (LB)

    Looks like it's going to be a lot of ladies... Damn those freebies, taking like half of the pull. I should grab less free stuff.

    By

    Chanteur-de-Vent Chanteur-de-Vent November 2016 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

    FWSA Alysa HD (G3F)         Adventure Outfit (G3F)      Tulip Hair (Gen2F / Gen3F)

    I like all the morphs on the hair, but couldn't find the one that made the center part fit to the scalp. There's 120 morphs so I may have just missed it- although I looked more than once.  I had to go into Scene and break it down all the way to HEAD to get to Scale. Kudos to the vendor for the extra effort on morphs! 

    By

    Novica Novica November 2016 in Art Studio
  • anyone know where I can find this bikini?

    I am looking for the gold bikini used here with this V7 model... http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-taia-hd-for-victoria-7 obviously the bikini does not come with her and is only there to protect her modesty.  Does anyone know if this bikini is for sale somewhere or where I can get it? thanks.I think I

    I think is is just  Hongyu's Bikini for Victoria 7 recolored with the gold shader from the Talia set: http://www.daz3d.com/hongyu-s-bikini-for-victoria-7​

    Ah ok can you link to me where the gold shader Talia set is please. Thanks

    I think Nemesis meant the Gold shader from the FWSA Taia set, the one you linked. She comes with gold skin shader option that perhaps can be applied to clothing.

    By

    seeker273 seeker273 November 2016 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

    So, here's FWSA Adaline HD wearing Abigail Outfit  (featured many times) and Casino Hair (Gen3F). So I'll add her to our "now-we've-done-it" list. :) 

    By

    Novica Novica November 2016 in Art Studio
  • anyone know where I can find this bikini?

    I am looking for the gold bikini used here with this V7 model... http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-taia-hd-for-victoria-7 obviously the bikini does not come with her and is only there to protect her modesty.  Does anyone know if this bikini is for sale somewhere or where I can get it? thanks.I think I

    I think is is just  Hongyu's Bikini for Victoria 7 recolored with the gold shader from the Talia set: http://www.daz3d.com/hongyu-s-bikini-for-victoria-7​

    Ah ok can you link to me where the gold shader Talia set is please. Thanks

    By

    Drekkan Drekkan November 2016 in The Commons
  • Characters! Your Renders
    • Ragnar (Gianni 7)  (2)
    • Raoul on Ivan 7 HD
    • Rapture (Genesis)  
    • Red Fox    New 
    • Rick for Cory 6   
    • Riley (Stephanie 5)    
    • Rolf (M4)   
    • Ronan (G3M)
    • Ronya HD (V7) 
    • Rune 7  
    • Ryder (G2M)   
    • Ryze (Gianni 6)   
    • Sabby-Tiffany (Gen2F)   
    • Sabby-Tiffany (Gen2F)   
    • Sakura (Aiko 7)
    • Sakura (Aiko 7) (as child)
    • SASE Carling (Ysabeau 6)   New
    • SASE Elize (Belle 6) 
    • Sasha (V7)   
    • Sasha (V7)   
    • Satsuki (Genesis)      
    • SASE Elize  (Belle 6)  (Expressions) 
    • SASE Elize  (Belle 6)  (Expressions)  
    • SASE Kennedy  (V6)  
    • SASE Kennedy (V6)   
    • Sasha (V7)    (2)   
    • Sasha (V7)   
    • Scott 6    (2-skip one post between)
    • Scott 7   
    • Sean for David 5       (GenX onto Gen2M)   
    • Selina (Gen3F)    
    • Shaneka HD for Monique 6   
    • Shaneka HD (Monique 6)  
    • Shaneka HD (Monique 6)   
    • Skyler (Gen3F)   
    • Soraya HD (Rune 7)   (Shown on V7)
    • Soraya HD (Rune 7)  (Shown on V7)
    • Soraya HD (Rune 7)  (Shown on V7)
    • SS Janya (Mei Lin 7)   
    • Star 2.0 (2)
    • Stephanie 5
    • Stephanie 6      New
    • Stephanie 6      New
    • Summer (V7)
    • Summer (V7)   (Adult / as child)
    • Summer (V7)  (2)  
    • Summer (V7)   
    • Summer (V7)  
    • Summer (V7)    (In the pool)
    • Summer (V7) 
    • Summer Edition Erin (Genesis) Skin texture Dawn (V5)   New
    • Sweetie Faces for Tween Julie 7  (Shown on Teen Josie 7)  
    • Synthia (Genesis)   New  
    • Takeshi (Kenji 7)
    • Teen Josie 7  
    • Teen Josie 7   
    • Teen Josie 7    
    • Teen Princess Leila (Gen3F)  (as child)
    • Teen Princess Leila  (Gen3F)
    • Teen Princess Leila (Gen3F)
    • Teen Princess Leila (Gen3F)
    • Teen Princess Leila (Gen3F)
    • The Freak 5    
    • The Qabbalah- Aerandiel (V4)   NEW
    • Timothy HD (M6)   
    • Valoria (Arabella 7)  
    • Vanda (Karen 7)    
    • Vanda (Karen 7)   
    • VH Bo-Ann (V4) on Genesis    (No longer in store)
    • VH Lucia (V4) on Genesis   (No longer in store)
    • Victoria 5    New
    • Victoria 5 (Skin Bree)   New
    • Victoria 5 (Skin Bree)    New
    • Victoria 5 (Elite Skin Valerie)   New
    • Victoria 5 (Elite Skin Valerie)     New
    • Victoria 5  (Elite Skin Nichole)   New
    • Victoria 7    
    • Victoria 7  
    • Vincenzina (Gen3F) 
    • VYK Bessie  (Gen3F)   
    • VYK Vashti (Gen3F)  
    • VYK Vashti (Gen3F)   (Adult / as child)
    • Vyria (Arabella 7)
    • Vyria (Arabella 7)
    • Vyria (Arabella 7)     
    • Warmth for Lilith 6    
    • Willow (V4)   
    • Ysabeau 6     
    • Zahara for Belle 6    
    • Zahara for Belle 6    
    • Zahara for Belle 6  
    •   

    By

    Novica Novica November 2016 in Art Studio
  • Characters! Your Renders
    • MA Iva (V4)    
    • Madelyn (Izabella 7)
    • Manly for Gianni 6: Ross 
    • Manly for Gianni 6: Raul   
    • Mara (V4 / Genesis)  
    • Maret (V7)   
    • Maret (V7)  
    • Mei Lin 6   
    • Mei Lin 6 
    • Mei Lin 7 
    • Mei Lin 7     
    • Mei Lin 7    
    • Merrick (M7)
    • Michael 5     New
    • Michael 5 Elite Skin Texture Dave   
    • Michael 7  (3DL)  
    • Mini Bots   New
    • ML Saskia (V4) 
    • Mongolian Beauty HD Faces (Gen2F)   New
    • Monique 6    
    • Monique 6     
    • Monique 6 
    • Monique 6     (with python) 
    • Monique 6      (with python)    
    • Monique 7   NEW
    • Mr Hyde (Genesis)   New
    • Mr Turtle & Conspicuous Interloper   
    • MRL Isabis (Gen3F)   
    • MRL Ling  (Gen3F, Aiko 7, Mei Lin)
    • MRL Ling  (as child on Gen3F, Aiko 7, Mei Lin) 
    • MRL Willow  (Gen3F)   
    • MRL Willow  (Gen3F)
    • MRL Willow (Gen3F)   (adult / as child)
    • My Man for Michael 6    
    • Myrina (Olympia 7)
    • Mystics (Gen2F)  (2)  
    • Naoki (V4 / Genesis)  (2)    Shown on Genesis   
    • Naoki (V4 / V5)  (2)  Shown on Genesis    
    • Natsuko (Aiko 7)
    • Naturally Real for Victoria 7   
    • Neo for David 5  (Skin only)  
    • Nidale (Olympia 6)   
    • Nidale (Olympia 6)  (2)   
    • Ninive 6   
    • Noodles The Toon Cat    
    • Norma (Gen2F)   
    • Novarys (Gen3F)    
    • Nyssa (V6)      
    • Olympia 7   
    • Opal (Gen3F)   
    • Opal / Odelle Combo (Gen3F)
    • Ordella HD for Ysabeau 6    
    • Orianne (V4) on Genesis   
    • P3D Alruna  (Gen3F)
    • P3D Alruna (Gen3F)  (Adult / as child)
    • P3D Angel (Gen3F)   (as teen)
    • P3D Angel (Gen3F)
    • P3D Celine (Gen3F)   
    • P3D Dewi (Gen3F)
    • P3D Emi  (Mei Lin 7)   
    • P3D Josina (V7)
    • P3D Luna (Gen3F) (2)
    • P3D Luna  (Gen3F)  (as child)
    • P3D Maria (Teen Josie 7) (2)
    • P3D Marina (Gen3F)
    • P3D Marina (Gen3F)   (2) 
    • P3D Quinty (Gen2F)    
    • Pai Mei for Hitomi (Genesis)          No longer in store
    • Pai Mei (Hitomi) (Genesis)        No longer in store
    • Parker (Lucian 7)     
    • Pierette (Gen2F)   
    • Pix-Synx (Gen3F)
    • Prince Albane II  (Gen3M)  
    • Priya (Gen3F)

    By

    Novica Novica November 2016 in Art Studio
  • Characters! Your Renders
    • Hadley (V4) on Genesis   
    • Hag Witch HD    
    • Haiku (Keiko 6)   
    • Harley (Gen3F)
    • Harley (Gen3F)
    • Harley (Gen3F)
    • Haven (G7)  (as child)
    • Haven (G7)  Shown on G3F
    • Haven (G7)  (Important- read post)
    • Hedvig (G2F)    
    • Hedvig  (Gen2F)      
    • Henryk (M7)
    • Hiro 5    New
    • Hye (Mei Lin 7)   
    • Hye (Mei Lin 7)
    • Illicites (Gen3F)   (2)   
    • In Bloom for Mei Lin 6   
    • Isa (Rune 7)      
    • Izarra (Gen2F)    
    • Izarra (Gen2F) 
    • Izarra (Gen2F)   New         
    • Ivan 7
    • Ivan 7  (tweaked)
    • Ivan 7    
    • Jaime (Gen2F) 
    • Jane D.O.A. (Gen2F)   
    • Jared (M7)   
    • Jas (Mei Lin 6)   New
    • Jazmine HD (V7)  
    • Jolina HD (V7)
    • Jolina HD (V7)
    • Kalea 7   
    • Kalea 7
    • Karen 7
    • Karen 7  
    • Kathy (Gen3F) (2)
    • Kathy (Gen3F)   
    • Kathy (Gen3F)   
    • Kelly for Victoria 7       (With the 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs)
    • Kelly for Victoria 7     (With the 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs) 
    • Kendra (Monique 6)  (3)   
    • Kyle HD (M7)  
    • Lycaon The Werewolf (Genesis)  New
    • L75 Hillary (V4/A4)   
    • Larian (Ninive 6)   
    • Lee 6     
    • Lee 7     
    • Lee 7 / George Combo 
    • Lee 7       
    • Leena International Generations (V4 GenX'd to Genesis)   
    • Leo 7    
    • Lianne (V4) on Genesis    
    • Lillith for V4
    • Lillith for V4
    • Lilith 6 
    • Lilith 6 / Monique combo
    • Lilith 7 (3 mats shown)
    • Lindsey (Sunny 7)  (2)
    • Little Ones (African American Male) (Gen3M)   
    • Lluvia (Gen2F)  
    • Liu Yan HD (V6 / Mei Lin 6)   
    • Lorellin (Gen3F)       
    • Lorellin (Gen3F)    
    • Lorilynn (Gen3F)  (2)  
    • Lovable Llamas   NEW 
    • Lucian 7 (Gen3M)
    • LY Aileen (Gen2F)  
    • LY Aileen (Gen2F)  
    • LY Amorette (Gen3F)   (as child)
    • LY Evie  (Gen2F)   
    • LY Karine (Gen2F)  (2)  (Without Olympia)  
    • LY Karine (Gen2F)  (With Olympia)   
    • LY Karine (Gen2F)   
    • LY Nicolette (Gen2F)  
    • LY Sabina (Gen2F)  
    • LY Waverly (Genesis / V4)  (On Genesis)
    • Lycaon the Werewolf (Genesis)  New
    • LYFW Sherri HD  (V6)  
    • LYFW Sherri HD (V6)  
    • LYFW Sherri HD (V6)    
    •  

    By

    Novica Novica November 2016 in Art Studio
  • Dear content authors: Please continue to support 3delight

    From the sounds of it, nobody is actually taking advantage of one of the major advances in 3DL that IS available in Studio...with NO additional shader work, coding or anything more complex that turning a button from OFF to ON.  Simply turning ON Progressive Rendering in the 3DL render settings enables the much faster raytrace hider (3DL speak for renderer) which really does speed up quite a few of the commonly claimed 'too slow to use' things...and it can be sped up more (but requires a one digit change in the base support files, that would need to be done on Daz's end or accessed by scripted rendering), by enabling ray caching.

    WIth all due respect I think you missed the point of his comment.

     

    However I will concur that Progessive rendering works again in Daz Studio.  I have used it for all my 3DL car promos so I can see what Im getting long before its really done.  Though I would also agree with Havos that I dont see the significant speed increase.

     

     

    Hi Matty =)

    The thing with the PBR system in 3Delight that you don´t have to be skilled in RSL. It's literally incredibly easy to code. I can do it. I've done it. And I'm just a physicist.

    And those shaders are faster than equivalent "oldschool" shaders because all the high-level math is in the renderer core, highly optimised by the developers. So you can do quite a lot on a relatively basic laptop.

    http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Victoria-Aeterna-646377536 (sorry I'm not much of an artist, so the image is pretty laughable in that regard, but I tried my best) - that´s GI, path-traced area lighting, raytraced SSS, transmapped hair, reflection and DoF, taking maybe 1.5 hours on my laptop (the laptop specs are in my signature).

    But the difference between you and me is that I dont understand any form of programming language.  I have looked at the shader builder in the past and was completely confused by it.

     

     

    It makes me wonder how much communication exists between published artists here.

    See, I do not expect any PA to listen to what I say because I'm a nobody. // If Luthbel actually reads this, I'll be surprised //

    But Wowie, who is a PA here, is a veritable expert in using precisely the "oldschool" 3Delight shaders like US2. He has store products to prove his skills. Before Wowie, Omnifreaker himself was seen around relatively often.

    Is it not customary among PAs to ask each other for help?

    There is some communication but not all of us talk to each other for different reasons.

    Wowie is the exception to the rule.  He does not represent the vast majority the user base in any way.  He would be a good candidate to do advanced 3DL shaders that support the newer code and such.

    By

    Mattymanx Mattymanx November 2016 in The Commons
  • Where did Headshop go?

    I was under the impression that Headshop 10 had some advantages over one click, for example the texture size being 2048x2048 rather than 1024x1024, and also it gave you more control over the final result. If this is indeed the case, I am surprised it has been withdrawn, particularly when you consider it was only released a few months ago.

    The reason why we introduced OneClick is that we were able to introduce a new technology that made such a dramatic difference that it justified a new product. This technology is the face feature auto-detection, which detects 86 separate points on a human face. This in turn enabled us to automate the whole 2D to 3D conversion process, something that in the past bedeviled half of our users, as they had to manually pick and move points (appearently it is difficult for about 50% of the people to do). 

    With the new technology there's no way that seomeone cannot get the right results right away and all the time. This has been the holly grail for the past 10 years (since we started to work in this field) and it is a great feeling that we finally achieved that at times we thought was impossible - a super-fast and fully automatic 2D to 3D conversion. It is built around the Genesis 2 Base figures but seem to work also for Genesis 3, which is very similar. It will not work well for already morphed figures such as derivatives of Genesis (Michael, Victoria, etc).

    lol so why did you remove it from the store?? 

    By

    josephlemons69_4db0991b45 josephlemons69_4db0991b45 November 2016 in The Commons
  • Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

    Some of those files are for daz Studio. Make sure you've got the right ones installed. That alternate uniform is just textures.

    Oh, I assumed having Victoria 4 will be enough. So basically the alternate uniform is just a re-texture of Courageous outfit. Got it, thanks!

     

    If you read either page carefully, you will see that you need Courageous for V4. So you need to load V4, then load Courageous for V4 with V4 selected, then apply the TNG/Voy textures or the AV textures with Courageous selected.

    Courageous is here:

    http://www.daz3d.com/courageous-for-v4

    (Its only $1.99 if you are a PC+ member.)

    Thank you, but I am not a PC+ member :/ I wish it was a bit cheaper for non-members :( 

    By

    twistkill twistkill November 2016 in The Commons
  • Where did Headshop go?

    I was under the impression that Headshop 10 had some advantages over one click, for example the texture size being 2048x2048 rather than 1024x1024, and also it gave you more control over the final result. If this is indeed the case, I am surprised it has been withdrawn, particularly when you consider it was only released a few months ago.

    The reason why we introduced OneClick is that we were able to introduce a new technology that made such a dramatic difference that it justified a new product. This technology is the face feature auto-detection, which detects 86 separate points on a human face. This in turn enabled us to automate the whole 2D to 3D conversion process, something that in the past bedeviled half of our users, as they had to manually pick and move points (appearently it is difficult for about 50% of the people to do). 

    With the new technology there's no way that seomeone cannot get the right results right away and all the time. This has been the holly grail for the past 10 years (since we started to work in this field) and it is a great feeling that we finally achieved that at times we thought was impossible - a super-fast and fully automatic 2D to 3D conversion. It is built around the Genesis 2 Base figures but seem to work also for Genesis 3, which is very similar. It will not work well for already morphed figures such as derivatives of Genesis (Michael, Victoria, etc).

    By

    info_b3470fa520 info_b3470fa520 November 2016 in The Commons
  • Dear content authors: Please continue to support 3delight

    From the time Daz Studio was first made public, people has associated the basic 3DL setup in it with 3DL as a whole and assumed it sucks when it does not.  In fact 3DL is capable of doing the same work as Iray and much, much more.  It IS the more powerful of the two engines.  However, there are two main issues.  Anyone who REALLY is skilled in RSL is NOT going to waste their time making nickles and dimes here in a hobbiest community when they can make big money with VFX companies who will pay big for thier skills.  The other main issue is that 3DL was NEVER meant to be run on a single desktop computer but instead on large render farms.  So the more complicated shaders you use with it, the more your CPU has to work cause its the only one trying to render the scene.

    Hi Matty =)

    The thing with the PBR system in 3Delight that you don´t have to be skilled in RSL. It's literally incredibly easy to code. I can do it. I've done it. And I'm just a physicist.

    And those shaders are faster than equivalent "oldschool" shaders because all the high-level math is in the renderer core, highly optimised by the developers. So you can do quite a lot on a relatively basic laptop.

    http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Victoria-Aeterna-646377536 (sorry I'm not much of an artist, so the image is pretty laughable in that regard, but I tried my best) - that´s GI, path-traced area lighting, raytraced SSS, transmapped hair, reflection and DoF, taking maybe 1.5 hours on my laptop (the laptop specs are in my signature).

     

    And that isn't even attempting to use the 'latest' part of 3DL...OSL shaders!

    The other thing, adding the newer, more modern support does not mean the old stuff will stop working.  All the basics, are, like they've always been, included in 3DL.

    By

    mjc1016 mjc1016 November 2016 in The Commons
  • Dear content authors: Please continue to support 3delight

    From the time Daz Studio was first made public, people has associated the basic 3DL setup in it with 3DL as a whole and assumed it sucks when it does not.  In fact 3DL is capable of doing the same work as Iray and much, much more.  It IS the more powerful of the two engines.  However, there are two main issues.  Anyone who REALLY is skilled in RSL is NOT going to waste their time making nickles and dimes here in a hobbiest community when they can make big money with VFX companies who will pay big for thier skills.  The other main issue is that 3DL was NEVER meant to be run on a single desktop computer but instead on large render farms.  So the more complicated shaders you use with it, the more your CPU has to work cause its the only one trying to render the scene.

    Hi Matty =)

    The thing with the PBR system in 3Delight that you don´t have to be skilled in RSL. It's literally incredibly easy to code. I can do it. I've done it. And I'm just a physicist.

    And those shaders are faster than equivalent "oldschool" shaders because all the high-level math is in the renderer core, highly optimised by the developers. So you can do quite a lot on a relatively basic laptop.

    http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Victoria-Aeterna-646377536 (sorry I'm not much of an artist, so the image is pretty laughable in that regard, but I tried my best) - that´s GI, path-traced area lighting, raytraced SSS, transmapped hair, reflection and DoF, taking maybe 1.5 hours on my laptop (the laptop specs are in my signature).

    By

    Mustakettu85 Mustakettu85 November 2016 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

    Well, Pensacola was exactly 30 degrees colder last night than the night before. (Brrrr. Went to 35, was 65 previously.  Nippy!

    I'm working on a couple things, and looking at character noses today. And with just scrutinizing noses, I'm getting a good feel as to the variety. So got to thinking, we haven't asked this question in awhile, so let's do it- 

    Who is your favorite Genesis 3 female character? (not base figure, character derived from them.)  Please provide the link when you post.(You just highlight with your cursor, then go up to the link and click it. Enter the URL. In the Target tab, from the dropdown, choose New Window (_blank) so when people click it, they can just x out and still be where they were in the forums.

    I don't know how I missed this post, we must have been posting at the same time. My favorite G3F right now is Belladzine's Esther. She was the model I used for "Kat", the main character of my dark romantic comedy series with superheroes, Black Kat. All the products I used are listed on my gallery page.

    Here's the final version. I had some great help from the forum members here on the Book Cover thread. I'm getting ready to do some Christmas promos of her in the Santa Baby outfit (in black, of course!) I think I will take my new Iray Leather and Fur Shaders for a spin! 

    By

    Llynara Llynara November 2016 in Art Studio
  • Black ring around iris...HELP!

    Did you start with the base Genesis 3 Female character from the starter essentials product, and not any morphed model, like Victoria 7?

    Was all scaling at 100% before you exported your model originally?

    Found it!!! With your help guys! When you wrote (Barbult) :"Did you start with the base Genesis 3 Female character from the starter essentials product, and not any morphed model, like Victoria 7?" I wondered if by mistake I could have modified by mistake my G3F figure... so I downloaded the starter essentials again and reinstalled. Seems it did the trick! Now I can export/import as obj through Morphloader Pro AND through GoZ without any deformation of the irises!!! Thank you so much for your imput! I have been stalling on my projects for 8 days because of this! Thanks a bunch Barbult and MJC1016 for troubleshooting this with me! Consider this case closed. Now, back to work! 

    By

    wolfskinjackson wolfskinjackson November 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.