Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank God I thought I was just crazy lol!  I will put in a bug report or a missing item notice in the morning.  I've got to work all day tomorrow so its bedtime for me tonight

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited October 2016
    Novica said:
    Hey, we should do a Kid-A-Thon and show the adults as they were "years ago." 

Thanks for the explanation! I haven't done all that many portrait renders, so I haven't paid attention to details like you do. 

I'll take up your Kid-A-Thon suggestion. Here's FW Brooke using the Age 5-6 year old Growing Up preset. The face in the first image looks too old to me, so the second image shows a few adjustments: narrower mouth, shorter nose, eyes slightly lower, cheeks slightly bigger. I'm not sure how much all that helped but it seems better. The eyebrows have that "penciled-look brow" so I used The Growing Up skin with added eyebrows for the third image. I made it a little more red than the original shader using Iray Smart Converter but it's still less glossy and more yellow than the first two versions (shows how little I know about modifying skin). If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

EDIT: Added a 4th image, the original version of Brooke

Brooke 5-6 yo original.jpg
    640 x 800 - 351K
    Brooke 5-6 yo modified.jpg
    640 x 800 - 350K
    Brooke 5-6 yo modified GUp skin.jpg
    640 x 800 - 350K
    Brooke.jpg
    640 x 800 - 369K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2016

File paths: 

Content>Data>3.0  That has dsv's and dso's   What are those?

Content>Data>Environments>SoulessEmpathy>FantasyHovel

Content>Runtime>SoulessEmpathy>Fantasy Hovel

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I love this, she looks excellent as a child!

Speaking of the Growing Up morphs, I have them, but have only used them once, and now I can't remember. Do you apply the '5-6 year old'.duf onto an already shaped G3F (ie....have P3D Luna in the scene already and then dbl click the '5-6 year old.duf' file?) 

Novica said:

P3D Luna as a 5-6 year old with Growing Up.  HAD to show you!

AND CONGRATS TO UNITED STATES ON WINNING THE GOLF RYDER CUP!!!!  (had only won 2/10 times the past  20 years, it's played every other year!!!!!)  And thank you to Europe for being such incredible good sports- love you too!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Novica said:

File paths: 

Content>Data>3.0  That has dsv's and dso's   What are those?

Those are the pre-DS4 DS native UVsets and geometries.

Novica said:

Content>Data>Environments>SoulessEmpathy>FantastyHovel

Content>Runtime>SoulessEmpathy>Fantasy Hovel

Content>Runtime>Textures>SoulessEmpathy>Fantasy Hovel

Content>Runtime>Textures>SoulessEmpathy>Fantasy Hovel

Oops, sorry. Right, Textures>

Thanks for catching it, appreciate it. I was watching Weather Channel and trying to do this at the same time. Florida counties all under State Of Emergency for Hurricane Matthew (which is of course not impacting Pensacola/Panhandle) but it caught me offguard when they announced that and I lost my focus. I thought, "What? It's coming straight East now????" Hope everyone in St Augustine/Jacksonville/ east coast is stocking up on groceries and fueling up the cars. 

edited October 2016

Yes, load the character first, then apply the 5-6 years (or whatever age.)

Rich- I do like your changes better- if you want to change up the skin, I fiddle with a lot of the Surface settings, and the Transparency color is fun to putz with.  I like your Brooke! 

I'm doing Willow at the moment. As an adult first, then 5-6 yrs.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

MRL Willow

Anyone wanting to Kid-A-Thon, feel free! Here's the original Willow, then  5-6 years old, out of the box.

willow.jpg
    450 x 600 - 121K
    willowkid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 121K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

Chiyo For Victoria 7   Going to do the adult as more close-up.

Wearing Anjou Hair.  Is the child adorable!

chiyo.jpg
    450 x 600 - 136K
    chiyoKid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 132K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

Summer for Victoria 7

Wearing Anjou Hair. 

Not sure what is going on with the site earlier, but I only posted once (then got a Cloudfare error.) I'll put other renders in these repetitious spaces tomorrow, so check back as you won't get notifications if you've subscribed. It's 3:30am so that's it for tonight.

Man, her face sure went chubby! Don't like this at all, would definitely take out a lot of that cheek.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016
    summer.jpg
    450 x 600 - 153K
    alruna.jpg
    450 x 600 - 182K
    alrunaKid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 169K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

Same, check back tomorrow. This was a duplicate from when the site went cloudfare error and it did triple posts while I was trying to figure out what was going on. I'll put another figure in here tomorrow. (well, in a few hours, it's already tomorrow.) 

summer.jpg
    450 x 600 - 153K
    summerKid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 145K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Dawww! She's so cute! :D You make really adorable kids! :) Kids are tough but you seem to have a good handle on getting them to look more realistic, and less "short adult" that I often see when people try to make child characters. 

On a side note - Ahhhhhhh I wish they would fix today's sale New Releases not showing up. My daily routine is all off because I can't see the new releases.

Dawww! She's so cute! :D You make really adorable kids! :) Kids are tough but you seem to have a good handle on getting them to look more realistic, and less "short adult" that I often see when people try to make child characters. 

On a side note - Ahhhhhhh I wish they would fix today's sale New Releases not showing up. My daily routine is all off because I can't see the new releases.

Refresh your page- they're showing (at least they were 5 minutes ago.) Try entering in from the forums? 

Thanks, but can't take credit. These are all Growing Up (Genesis 3) and it's a one click thing, I'm using the 5-6 year old option. I am showing out of the box.  :)    I would reduce the chubby cheeks slightly I think.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited October 2016

Small Hint: Mountain Valley is currently in Fast Grab (Price not working at the moment)

Also in FastGrab (price Working @ 5,24$ and 86%) Mely3D's really really Great Sailboat

Post edited by Renomista on
  • Renomista said:

Small Hint: Mountain Valley is currently in Fast Grab (Price not working at the moment)

Also in FastGrab (price Working @ 5,24$ and 86%) Mely3D's really really Great Sailboat

Oooh....I've been waiting for that sailboat to go on sale......

edited October 2016

Continuing with a few kids, I would personally reduce the chubby cheeks a bit but it sure gives you a good starting point for 5-6 year olds.  @kaotkbliss please check your messages.

Kimmy and Briley.    I can't do links because AS USUAL the site pages are loading slow or not at all due to  CloudFare issues.  Forum pages have gone up and down, so loading these while I can.  

First is Kimmy

Here's Briley

You can see how brows with makeup really don't make the best eyebrows for kids. I think these are passable at best (I wouldn't use her for a closeup.) 

kimmy.jpg
    450 x 600 - 136K
    kimmyKid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 114K
    briley3.jpg
    450 x 600 - 177K
    BrileyKid.jpg
    450 x 600 - 150K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well I was going to put in a report on the missing props for fantasy hovel but I can't access my account to get the information I need.... Can't currently download any of the new stuff I bought today either... At least the forums are (kind of) back

@Novica, is this the town set that you were rendering a while ago that is really good?

http://www.daz3d.com/mountain-valley

jakiblue said:

@Novica, is this the town set that you were rendering a while ago that is really good?

Yep. Last week. Grab it!  yes

Well I was going to put in a report on the missing props for fantasy hovel but I can't access my account to get the information I need.... Can't currently download any of the new stuff I bought today either... At least the forums are (kind of) back

The forums are going up and down, pages are spinning and not loading then giving me CloudFare. I just did my purchases for today (the new art program/luggage) and checked out- you know it only gets worse later at night (based on the past two days, absolutely HORRIBLE from 10pm on.)  They need to get their act together.

edited October 2016

Vashti is a cutie!

vashti.jpg
    450 x 600 - 162K
    vashtiKID.jpg
    450 x 600 - 144K
    Post edited by Novica on

I did! :D :D I managed to get it into the cart and check out about an hour ago......can't download it via connect tho cos log in is failing in DS. :sigh: 

I actually only bought it cos of you showcasing it, Novica! I'm unfamiliar with the vendor and his/her work, so I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. :D 

Novica said:

jakiblue said:

Yep. Last week. Grab it!  yes

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    jakiblue said:

I did! :D :D I managed to get it into the cart and check out about an hour ago......can't download it via connect tho cos log in is failing in DS. :sigh: 

I actually only bought it cos of you showcasing it, Novica! I'm unfamiliar with the vendor and his/her work, so I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. :D 

I had it on my wishlist and was glad to get it in Fast Grab today. 

RGcincy said:
    jakiblue said:

I had it on my wishlist and was glad to get it in Fast Grab today. 

I'm tempted to buy it, as Novica's renders really made me quite interested in it. However I refuse to buy anything unless they do something about yesterday's sale being unavailable for MANY people. Having the site not working right for 24 hours and missing out on a free bundle that I've been wanting for quite a while is highly disappointing to say the least. I do hope that the sales team is able to work something out to give us another chance at it, since the site's issues prevented many of us from being able to get it. 

Well, I'd play wiht it...if it actually showed up in smart content/connect! I'm STILL waiting for it to show so I can download it. 

I'm tempted to buy it, as Novica's renders really made me quite interested in it. However I refuse to buy anything unless they do something about yesterday's sale being unavailable for MANY people. Having the site not working right for 24 hours and missing out on a free bundle that I've been wanting for quite a while is highly disappointing to say the least. I do hope that the sales team is able to work something out to give us another chance at it, since the site's issues prevented many of us from being able to get it. 

Rawb is contacting the Sales Team to get the situation straightened out on offering the bundles again, and DAZ makes things right when stuff like this happens. I wouldn't miss out on the Fast Grab due to something that if fixed, may happen after that Fast Grab is gone. Been here three years, trust me when I say DAZ is as upset about the website server acting up as we are. This is a BIG sale and they are losing a lot of money. They'll make every effort to take care of you!  If they don't, I'll saddle up Stetson, ride to Utah and wag my finger in their face and say "Uh uh. Give that gal her Girl 6 Bundle!" 

I agree wiht Novica. Don't not buy somethign cos you're pissed at that - DAZ always fixes their stuff ups. It probably won't show till the morning (my morning) when they get to the office, which is why i'm waiting before pulling the trigger on teh PC stuff today till I get up in the morning. 

I do want to say I tried the LineRender 9000 (I immediately did a manual download right after I purchased it, because the website was going up and down. I'd recommend you do that today too, when you buy something, manually grab it. You can always install it later, but that way you have it.) 

Anyway, I got into the explanation, and kudos to the vendor for the details- and for me, found it was more work than what I had anticipated. It's not that it's hard, it was probably more of my mood- but I have Photoshop plug-ins (remember all the ones I featured?) that do beautiful things and that made the LR9000 too much reading/following along for me. I didn't get results I liked, and it was definitely something I was or wasn't doing, and not the product, but I was too lazy to research where I went wrong. So anyone who buys it and wants to share their renders, feel free- and you can give it the review it deserves. I can't emphasize enough it's me and my mood, the site made me very frustrated yesterday (I hear ya, believe me!) so I was already in a funk when I started experimenting.  I think the product looks like fun if you're willing to read and experiment with it.

Sigh- my sister is in Jacksonville. Hope everyone on the East coast of Florida is stocking up on groceries and fuel. Hang in there, Matthew's coming tomorrow!  The most recent shows the stupid thing doing a loop-de-loop- I can't believe it could do a loop and come back again, but this is the same storm (and funny how the meteorologists aren't mentioning this) that the weather folks said would most likely "die in the hurricane graveyard" a week ago, or "at most go to category 2 before falling apart."  Yeah, Category 5 in the graveyard. So that looping has my attention for being something weird possibly happening. 

Happy shopping today, I'll be offline (sleeping!)  Feel free to post renders of all your new stuff! 

Novica said:

Rawb is contacting the Sales Team to get the situation straightened out on offering the bundles again, and DAZ makes things right when stuff like this happens. I wouldn't miss out on the Fast Grab due to something that if fixed, may happen after that Fast Grab is gone. Been here three years, trust me when I say DAZ is as upset about the website server acting up as we are. This is a BIG sale and they are losing a lot of money. They'll make every effort to take care of you!  If they don't, I'll saddle up Stetson, ride to Utah and wag my finger in their face and say "Uh uh. Give that gal her Girl 6 Bundle!" 

lol Thank you, Novica! :D The picture in my head of you wagging your finger at the Daz crew made me giggle!

This discussion has been closed.