• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • DAZ achieves new lows in customer support (but appears to have ambitions to go lower still)

    ...same here. GenX saved me a tonne of zlotys in the long run as it allowd me to build and extensive "gene pool". for charcter development. I can transfer GenX morphs from G3 to G8 but it means one more step amd G8 is the end of the line.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid January 2023 in The Commons
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    In your attachments you showed that you exported out of DS at 1% (similar to what I do).

    If you then want to import the same object you have just exported bck into DS (no blender involved) then you must set the import to 10000% if th object shall be the same size as when it was imported.

    If you have an object of 1 m, and export it at 1% it will be 0.01 m exported. So when you import it you have to scale it to 10000% in order to get it back to 1m.

    The scenarie of export and reimport, could be if you wanted to make a morph based on a dForce simulation.

    By

    felis felis January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    felis said:

    @Marble try to export an object out of DS and then import it again, right away.

    If you export at 1% you have to import it at 10000% if you want to have the same size imported as when exported.

    And be aware that the object import settings are different from the morph loader import settings.

     

    I just don't get the logic in any of that, I'm sorry for being so thick on this. If I export an OBJ from DS and then import it again without going via Blender, why should the scale change? Or do you mean to include Blender in the process but just not create a morph? If so, is the 10000% a DAZ Import setting or a Blender Export setting? If it is DAZ, then what is Blender export set to? 100? Which translates to 10,000% in DAZ Studio?

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Choosing Default or Current in Transfert Utility

    It depends on whether you've morphed the character (not recommended) or are using the default morph.

    By

    Gordig Gordig January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    @Marble try to export an object out of DS and then import it again, right away.

    If you export at 1% you have to import it at 10000% if you want to have the same size imported as when exported.

    And be aware that the object import settings are different from the morph loader import settings.

    By

    felis felis January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Skunk People

    could the fox people use another texture and a bit of morph dialing?

    reduced ear size maybe some ratking dialed in

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz January 2023 in Product Suggestions
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    lilweep said:

    marble said:

    felis said:

    I am using the new blender obj im/exporter, and that is working fine.

    In and out of blender I use scale 1, so it is consistent.

    Out of DS I export at 1% like @Marble, but my import is 10000%, so locally DS is also consistent (so if I export and reimport the same obj, it will be unchanged).

    So your Blender export scale is 10,000% ?? Wow... I didn't expect that. I'll try that later but what I don't get is the fact Morph Loader Pro imports without error but instead of the morph being applied, all that happens is the scale is changed by the morph slider. I don't see any sign that the actual morph shape is being applied as well.

     is that surprising? if you export from daz at 1% then at some point you need to multiply by 100 to get it back to 100% in daz studio.

    so you would need to multiply the default 100% by 100 i.e., 10000% to get back into daz at correct scale.  btw blender uses decimal notation (so 1.0 is 100%) so to export at 10000% would be 100.0 scale in decimal notation.

    anyway, hope you realise you dont have to bring your exported obj into daz via morph loader pro, you can just visualise what it looks like by bringing it into daz as an obj prop and see if your morph is applied and what its scale is.

    we have to take your word for whats happening since no screenshot or description of settings were provided.

     

    Is it a problem taking my word? Why would I lie? What a strange comment.

    As for the maths - I'm just hopeless. Even as you explain it I have trouble following. So 10000% is really 100? Right, ok.

    Thankfully Blender still has the so-called "Legacy" OBJ import/export so I'm not really hampered. I was just interested to know if anyone had managed to use the new one.

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    marble said:

    felis said:

    I am using the new blender obj im/exporter, and that is working fine.

    In and out of blender I use scale 1, so it is consistent.

    Out of DS I export at 1% like @Marble, but my import is 10000%, so locally DS is also consistent (so if I export and reimport the same obj, it will be unchanged).

    So your Blender export scale is 10,000% ?? Wow... I didn't expect that. I'll try that later but what I don't get is the fact Morph Loader Pro imports without error but instead of the morph being applied, all that happens is the scale is changed by the morph slider. I don't see any sign that the actual morph shape is being applied as well.

     is that surprising? if you export from daz at 1% then at some point you need to multiply by 100 to get it back to 100% in daz studio.

    so you would need to multiply the default 100% by 100 i.e., 10000% to get back into daz at correct scale.  btw blender uses decimal notation (so 1.0 is 100%) so to export at 10000% would be 100.0 scale in decimal notation.

    anyway, hope you realise you dont have to bring your exported obj into daz via morph loader pro, you can just visualise what it looks like by bringing it into daz as an obj prop and see if your morph is applied and what its scale is.

    we have to take your word for whats happening since no screenshot or description of settings were provided.

    By

    lilweep lilweep January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Postgre, CMS, SSD & Mac

    Totte said:

    Loser said:

    I'm at my complete wits end, I'm so frustrated. I reinstalled all my content onto a new Mac but now I have the gd'd postgre, cms location issues with trying to transfer everything to an SSD since the space is a joke on this laptop. I'm honestly at a loss, everything I've looked up and tried is a complete failure. Please help me. Let's dumb it down and keep it basic because computer literate I am not. I need basic bish set up instructions. I'll uninstall the whole gd thing and all the content if I have to.

    Please just help me.

    My setup on my main mac, a macStudio is:
    - Applications in default location 
    - All Content Libraries (I have several, one main from DAZ, and one third party, one for freebees, and a bunch of my own special), all located on two external SSD drives via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3
    My secondary machine (macPro2014):
    - Applications in default location 
    - All Content Libraries located on one external Thunderbolt drive
    My old machines (macPros 2012):
    - Applications in default location 
     - All Content Libraries located on internal drives.
    You can do this two ways:
    (1) On Fresh Install via DIM, create a directory and tell DIM that that is the installation content dir, and delete the old one and remove it from DIM
    (2) Copy the old content library, then reset the CMS and reimport metadata

    Hope this helps
     

    Few questions:

    Does the order of install make any difference?

    Should I install Daz & DIM & Postgre-whatever directly onto the Mac and put the content onto my external(s)?

    Default install for DIM is directly onto the "Application" folder (as you know). This also separates the "App Support folders" into
    Mac HD  >  Users  >  Name  >  Library *Hidden Folder*  >  Application Support  >  DAZ 3D
    which contains the DIM install files.

    In DIM: Changing the directory

    That's going to the gear in the top right, advanced settings, right?
    Is there any special thing I need to do in the Daz software under 'Prefrences'? 

    I'm going to try and reinstall this whole nightmare once I get some clarification so I can't mess things up for the 7th time.
    I am so tired -_-

     

    By

    Loser Loser January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Choosing Default or Current in Transfert Utility

    Shoes (obj) just imported in DAZ. Character is posed and joints rotations are baked.

    Time to run the transfer Utility.

    My question: Should I choose Default or Current for the Genesis character's Item Shape?

    By

    mlominy mlominy January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    felis said:

    I am using the new blender obj im/exporter, and that is working fine.

    In and out of blender I use scale 1, so it is consistent.

    Out of DS I export at 1% like @Marble, but my import is 10000%, so locally DS is also consistent (so if I export and reimport the same obj, it will be unchanged).

    So your Blender export scale is 10,000% ?? Wow... I didn't expect that. I'll try that later but what I don't get is the fact Morph Loader Pro imports without error but instead of the morph being applied, all that happens is the scale is changed by the morph slider. I don't see any sign that the actual morph shape is being applied as well.

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • bicep peak for Genesis character

    leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

    I've tinkered with this a little on Genesis 9.

    Here's a sample and parameter dials screenshot where I set the parameter dial limits to 300% on the main automatic flexion controller dial and on the bicep flex dials.  That made a marked difference in bicep flexing.  Haven't played around with the other flex dials much, but probably works the same if needed. 

    Lee

    Forum not allowing image uploading of my samples.  Will edit this post when it works. :)

     

    Leemoon, thx for that tip on the G9 platform, I have been trying and failing on making some believable morph packs for that platform.  TD 

    By

    terry_duquette terry_duquette January 2023 in The Commons
  • Postgre, CMS, SSD & Mac

    Loser said:

    I'm at my complete wits end, I'm so frustrated. I reinstalled all my content onto a new Mac but now I have the gd'd postgre, cms location issues with trying to transfer everything to an SSD since the space is a joke on this laptop. I'm honestly at a loss, everything I've looked up and tried is a complete failure. Please help me. Let's dumb it down and keep it basic because computer literate I am not. I need basic bish set up instructions. I'll uninstall the whole gd thing and all the content if I have to.

    Please just help me.

    My setup on my main mac, a macStudio is:
    - Applications in default location 
    - All Content Libraries (I have several, one main from DAZ, and one third party, one for freebees, and a bunch of my own special), all located on two external SSD drives via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3
    My secondary machine (macPro2014):
    - Applications in default location 
    - All Content Libraries located on one external Thunderbolt drive
    My old machines (macPros 2012):
    - Applications in default location 
     - All Content Libraries located on internal drives.
    You can do this two ways:
    (1) On Fresh Install via DIM, create a directory and tell DIM that that is the installation content dir, and delete the old one and remove it from DIM
    (2) Copy the old content library, then reset the CMS and reimport metadata

    Hope this helps
     

    By

    Totte Totte January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • bicep peak for Genesis character

    Muscle morph packs or Swole characters, one recently $2.99, can do that. Also several G8 characters like the Brute should work. 

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland January 2023 in The Commons
  • Daz to Zbrush back to Daz (.obj) issue

    Found the real fix for anyone who ever runs into the same problem.
    The rigging in daz does not follow the morph you create. Adjusting rigging to shape seems to have solved my issue.

    By

    Dark45 Dark45 January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Moving a custom character to another PC...

    marksinister_0f3a44cacc said:

    charles said:

    50 items will definantly result in hundreds of files. Take any clothing or character for example and all the associated maps, diffuse, normal, sss, bump, etc. along with controling scripts.

    I get the Maps, Diffuse and other stuff. But I'm talking about morphs that my character doesn't even use. Also the stuff that moves along with it doesn't even show up on the list of analyzed list of items. This are more than extra stuff associated with the character\item. 

    There's got to be some kind of setting or something that I'm missing.
     

    As far as I'm aware as long as you have the other packs that the morphs were used from it will still work. 

    Edit: I guess it would depend on where that morph came from. Sorry I haven't done a custom morph in quite some time.

    By

    frank0314 frank0314 January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Help with new computer transfer

    Copied and moved both my Daz 3D Library and my Install Manager directories to my new computer after installimg Daz Studio. I went to the content directory manager and made sure the path was included. Now all of my old comtent is viewable and usable from the Content Library tab but nothing shows up in the Smart Library tab. I can load old scenes and everything in the scene loads even though none of the content of the scene can be found in the Smart Library. Can anyone help me figure out why nothing is in the Smart Library. 

    By

    mlolya mlolya January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Cleaning up face transfers

    I would give up on using the face transfer texture and just use the skin of a Daz model. Face transfer is useful for face shapes, the face texture not so much.

    By

    ramon73 ramon73 January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Commission for a simple mask with morph

    Llola Lane said:

    Gordig said:

    kuro_neko said:

    Gordig said:

    JoeQuick made a Spiderman suit for M4 that includes a mask you can pull up (shown in the second promo). I've fit it to a G8M and retextured it in an image I can't remotely post on the forums.

    Hello Grodig,

    Thank you for the suggestion! I already saw that suit and downloaded it. But I have no idea how to convert/fit it to G8M and make the morph work. 

    "Fit" is maybe the wrong word, because it's just a matter of scaling it to be approximately the right size. 

    There must be some trick... I can't get it to 'fit' to G8M... Maybe I need to buy a converter?  

    I found this product:
    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

     

    I have no clue about the older generations or poster models. But it sounds like it's the right one. 

    By

    kuro_neko_4585741 kuro_neko_4585741 January 2023 in Art Studio
  • bicep peak for Genesis character

    Genesis 9 seems like a step backwards in that regard, G8 and 8.1 were advertised as improvements in terms of muscle contraction. What is needed here is a muscle morph pack, and so far there isn't any. We'll have to see what turns up eventually, especially since apparently there are Ivar 9 and Freja 9 characters on the way that will probably be pretty beefy.

    Right now you can either try post-render work with something like Photoshop or mess around with ManFridays Mesh Grabber tool -> https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber-win

    By

    arne207 arne207 January 2023 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.