-
Older creatrue creation kit item not loading properly
I tried that and it almost works. The heads of the snakes are warped and mangled and restoring pose hides them apparently. When I turn their heads, the don't move all the way and when I mobe Victoria 4.2's head, it moves all the snake's heads along with it. Do I have to alter the limits or is there another step? Perhaps alter it in a 3rd-party program?
G8 Male Beta carrara preset up - freestuffStephanie 8 Adeliade with Mistys G8F

nice.
how's her left toes?
is she doing the left toes distortion thing like Victoria 8?No distortion seen.
How to render like this?I'm trying to achieve renders that looks like this:
(Credit: Blackhearted)
I'm trying to achieve renders that can really accentuate the form like above, rather than being too smooth. The way the bones and muscle forms are really clearly defined like that.
When I render I often get results that looks way too smooth.
What's the key to getting this look? The shader, light setup?
I'm using Victoria 8 model and rendering with Arnold 5 in Maya 2018, btw
(Removed for nudity. Please review Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity ~Mod)
Do I actually need a certain figure to use HD morphs?Yes, but you also have Victoria 7 right? I think you need the figure the HD was designed for in order for it to work (even on other figures).
You do not need the base figure for the HD details to work. There won't be any base morphs, it will just be the fine details. In many cases, these can look *really* odd without the base morphs. Oftentimes they are designed to go with the specific materials of a character as well (for example, my own Cillian has two HD morphs for scars with materials that go with them-- you can use the morphs without the mats, but it'll look really weird). If you look at the HD morphs on a character's fingers, they will often be designed specifically to coincide with the wrinkles on the maps. One thing you could do, for example, is dial in Victoria's base shape, but then use Olympia's mats and HD morphs.
I actually did something similar to what you described; I dialed in Tween Julie and used the Victoria 7 HD morphs and the material presents from Growing Up in several images I've posted here in the forums in the last 24 hours.
Do I actually need a certain figure to use HD morphs?Yes, but you also have Victoria 7 right? I think you need the figure the HD was designed for in order for it to work (even on other figures).
You do not need the base figure for the HD details to work. There won't be any base morphs, it will just be the fine details. In many cases, these can look *really* odd without the base morphs. Oftentimes they are designed to go with the specific materials of a character as well (for example, my own Cillian has two HD morphs for scars with materials that go with them-- you can use the morphs without the mats, but it'll look really weird). If you look at the HD morphs on a character's fingers, they will often be designed specifically to coincide with the wrinkles on the maps. One thing you could do, for example, is dial in Victoria's base shape, but then use Olympia's mats and HD morphs.
Do I actually need a certain figure to use HD morphs?I want to get this product https://www.daz3d.com/lucian-7-hd-add-on Mainly for a Genesis 3 character, but I do not have Lucian 7 at all. But all logic tells me this product will work just fine anyway. Will someone verify if that's the case? I mean all I should need is Genesis 3 male for this, right?
The details will work on any G3 Male; I have the V7HD morph and have used it on a number of other G3F figures.
Yes, but you also have Victoria 7 right? I think you need the figure the HD was designed for in order for it to work (even on other figures).
Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics EngineThis is exciting news! I'm definitely curious how this compares to Poser's cloth room that I used on so many skirts and dresses, dynamic clothing or not. Will it work with my collection of Victoria 4 Poser dynamic clothing to fit to G8? Though being unable to pin spots around the neckline to keep gowns from sliding will be challenging. Guess I just have to eventually get in there and see what I can make it do. And hopefully windforce will be added to the features. Cautiously optimistic for the moment.
You can pin areas not to move with a weight map. Mada has a nice video on how to do it - super easy. Also, there already is wind force ;). And I've noticed so far that the stuff DS cloth doesn't like is more or less the same as what Poser cloth doesn't like...pinching between body parts or other other objects, intersecting with the figure, etc. :).
Laurie
Thanks for that! Guess I missed a few things reading 8 pages in a row. lol
Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)Thanks, Richard. I'm not sure how to rectify that. I've tried putting Ren's skin on a G3F, but getting his morphs over is confusing. I'll figure it out eventually.
Heads up- if anyone is looking to buy the Laguna Mermaid Props or Hair, they are super cheap today in the DSON sale. I put in a ticket for the difference in price, since it was significant, and I just bought these items a couple of days ago.
G8 Male Beta carrara preset up - freestuffStephanie 8 Adeliade with Mistys G8F

nice.
how's her left toes?
is she doing the left toes distortion thing like Victoria 8?Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics EngineThis is exciting news! I'm definitely curious how this compares to Poser's cloth room that I used on so many skirts and dresses, dynamic clothing or not. Will it work with my collection of Victoria 4 Poser dynamic clothing to fit to G8? Though being unable to pin spots around the neckline to keep gowns from sliding will be challenging. Guess I just have to eventually get in there and see what I can make it do. And hopefully windforce will be added to the features. Cautiously optimistic for the moment.
You can pin areas not to move with a weight map. Mada has a nice video on how to do it - super easy. Also, there already is wind force ;). And I've noticed so far that the stuff DS cloth doesn't like is more or less the same as what Poser cloth doesn't like...pinching between body parts or other other objects, intersecting with the figure, etc. :).
Laurie
Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics EngineThis is exciting news! I'm definitely curious how this compares to Poser's cloth room that I used on so many skirts and dresses, dynamic clothing or not. Will it work with my collection of Victoria 4 Poser dynamic clothing to fit to G8? Though being unable to pin spots around the neckline to keep gowns from sliding will be challenging. Guess I just have to eventually get in there and see what I can make it do. And hopefully windforce will be added to the features. Cautiously optimistic for the moment.
Help Identify this productI have searched for over 30 minutes. Can someone help me identify the top and shorts outfit Marion is wearing in the promos?
Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics EngineThank you for helping me out.I found the sliders and now its play time;)
correct workflow = add dForce Modifier to only the fabric? i have 3 material in surface pane: Fabric, Loops and metals ( minidress from: Timeless Outfit for Victoria 7)
Making a Simple Clothing ItemFirstBastion, I'm so pleased that you took time to look at the video and for the helpful advice which I'll look into.
I'm particularly delighted because, after the first test in Poser of the aniblock motion on the child version of Victoria, I looked for some props in my runtime to give her some surroundings.
I came up with the story from there. It involves a couple of mischievous children in a graveyard at Halloween. Your 'Old Man With A Lantern Statue' is the other character in the scene!
It is a great prop, guaranteed to add an atmosphere to many kinds of scene. Here, he is a ghostly figure. I've uploaded a shot from my Poser attempts where he can be seen. Here you can see the problem of the aniblocks starting at the same spot:
Another upload shows a little better than before how I have more control over the figures' positions using Carrara - and the renders are super-fast compared to Poser's Firefly on my machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t9m2WsCq74&feature=youtu.be
In this video with four children, the two smaller ones were created by exporting one of the original figures as .FBX and then re-importing the .FBX into Carrara. I could scale it and move it around as shown in the vid.
Thanks again.
Just remembered to mention - I heartily recommend the VWD program for cloth and Hair simulations. It's just that in this case Poser's capable cloth room is good enough for my simple home-made stuff.
Released: Easier Pose Creation for Victoria 8A new pack of Easier Pose Creation has arrived, this time for Victoria 8, with over 600 possible combinations, you can create your own poses in seconds. This pack contains 25 lower body poses for Victoria 8 (+25 mirror), 25 upper body poses (+25 mirror) and 25 full body poses (+25 mirror). As a bonus, this pack includes all the poses adapted for Genesis 8 female, this means you get 150 extra pose presents.
How does it work? Just load your favorite top and bottom poses, mixing the different parts and trying different combinations.
When you load a partial upper pose, you are NOT going to lose the lower pose or expression previously loaded, and vice versa, if you load a partial lower pose, you are NOT going to lose the upper pose. This lets you save time adjusting just small details pedending of the combination used, additionally gives you the chance to try different possibilities to get a new pose quickly, without wasting time to adjust your character to the floor or begin a pose from zero.
If you have questions just let me know :)
https://www.daz3d.com/easier-pose-creation-for-victoria-8
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersI can see that I'll have to post my image here too...

Like I said elsewhere this is a Poser (PP2014) render of Victoria 2 with Snarleygribbley's EZSkin2. She's using one of Sydd's Dragonessa face morphs (and hat), Ella (I think?) skin texture, V2 swashbuckler gear, and a some cyberpunk spikey stuff. All old freebies from the sadly-missed RDNA.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9Trying out The Flock Butterflies - It's quite nice really, this is six "mini flocks" set to different materials (four in the package).
Figure: Mynx for V7 (mostly) with a run of Sintaro's Randomizer done on her face
Hair: Sapphire hair - this has really nice adjustability - lots of morphs to position things
Top: Mechanic outfit for G3F - nice to pair with the skirt
Skirt: from the Moto Girl Outfit for G3F again - I like the set - though I made the texture darker since it was too light to match the top.
That looks really nice. I've got the butterfly product from The Philosopher. This looks a bit easier to use, but TP's allows for multiple colors within a group. Trade offs, I guess. I was sorely tempted to get The Flock Butterflies anyway, but the wallet won the "debate."
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9Trying out The Flock Butterflies - It's quite nice really, this is six "mini flocks" set to different materials (four in the package).
Figure: Mynx for V7 (mostly) with a run of Sintaro's Randomizer done on her face
Hair: Sapphire hair - this has really nice adjustability - lots of morphs to position things
Top: Mechanic outfit for G3F - nice to pair with the skirt
Skirt: from the Moto Girl Outfit for G3F again - I like the set - though I made the texture darker since it was too light to match the top.
Retro Renders, anyone?You should take a look at this thread if you haven't found it yet. It's all about images for the older generations. There are some really great images in there.
Retro Renders, anyone?As it happens I just did one yesterday, posted on another thread in this forum.
It's Victoria 2 with one of Sydd's Dragonessa morphs (and headdress) and some old RDNA freebies for clothing. PP2014 render using Snarleygribbley's EZSkin 2.
There's still life in the old girl !















