• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Petipet's Retro Apartment...

    Are they still selling the retro apartment and props from Petipet?  I can see the product pages if I go through my purchases, but not if I do a general search.

    There was supposed to be a 2nd set of props for the retro apartment, and I'm wondering if they are going to be released. I was really looking forward to getting it.

     

    By

    scobb3_60a649a03a scobb3_60a649a03a September 2022 in The Commons
  • Opportunity here - Can we get Genesis 9 to start on a nice new clean slate?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    AllenArt said:

    I've tried in the past to organize my library myself, but I always invariably end up moving something that a script relies on and screwing that up. (UltraScenery was a BIG one). LOL It would be nice if Daz would set up an organizational system that the PA's were required to stick to that made more sense than, well, what we get now - which isn't much better than the old Poser days where ppl just put things wherever. And have I said how much I hate vanity folders (even tho I do it myself for my freebie props)? LOL If the internal search inside Daz Studio actually found what I was looking for, that'd be one thing, but it's as bad if not worse than the store search here. Urgh. Thankfully, I haven't run up against too many duplicate forumula errors, but I have a couple times.

    You can use categories to organise, or link (.djl) files to set up a shadow library organised as you wish while the real library keeps the organisation required for cross-product references like those in Ultra Scenery.

    Oh, I've tried that. Mostly what I get are EMPTY category folders. Since I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I just gave up on it. I spent a lot of time in categories just to get a bunch of folders with nothing (no links) in them. If categories relies on smart content, half the stuff I have HAS no metadata and half of what does have metadata is uncategorized. If that's the case and it does rely on metadata, that needs fixed too.

     

    By

    AllenArt AllenArt September 2022 in The Commons
  • Opportunity here - Can we get Genesis 9 to start on a nice new clean slate?

    AllenArt said:

    I've tried in the past to organize my library myself, but I always invariably end up moving something that a script relies on and screwing that up. (UltraScenery was a BIG one). LOL It would be nice if Daz would set up an organizational system that the PA's were required to stick to that made more sense than, well, what we get now - which isn't much better than the old Poser days where ppl just put things wherever. And have I said how much I hate vanity folders (even tho I do it myself for my freebie props)? LOL If the internal search inside Daz Studio actually found what I was looking for, that'd be one thing, but it's as bad if not worse than the store search here. Urgh. Thankfully, I haven't run up against too many duplicate forumula errors, but I have a couple times.

    You can use categories to organise, or link (.djl) files to set up a shadow library organised as you wish while the real library keeps the organisation required for cross-product references like those in Ultra Scenery.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • Opportunity here - Can we get Genesis 9 to start on a nice new clean slate?

    I've tried in the past to organize my library myself, but I always invariably end up moving something that a script relies on and screwing that up. (UltraScenery was a BIG one). LOL It would be nice if Daz would set up an organizational system that the PA's were required to stick to that made more sense than, well, what we get now - which isn't much better than the old Poser days where ppl just put things wherever. And have I said how much I hate vanity folders (even tho I do it myself for my freebie props)? LOL If the internal search inside Daz Studio actually found what I was looking for, that'd be one thing, but it's as bad if not worse than the store search here. Urgh. Thankfully, I haven't run up against too many duplicate forumula errors, but I have a couple times.

    By

    AllenArt AllenArt September 2022 in The Commons
  • nvidia driver page fault in nonpaged area (solution)

    I'm sure the non-IT pros can appreciate catmasters help though.

    For those trying to decide if they want to install the new optional update KB5017380

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb5017380-doesnt-succeed-error-0x8007007b/1703b09a-3fae-4c0d-a179-7fe8a2c1742d

    "...Unfortunately, the official download link for "Show or Hide Updates" troubleshooter has been broken or removed. You can safely download the "Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter" in this alternative site..."

    By

    IceCrMn IceCrMn September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Luna HD Morph Trouble (Solved)

    Having some issues with Luna HD
    https://www.daz3d.com/luna-hd-for-genesis-81-female
    Attached images are Luna morph 100% vs 0%
    Looks like som random morph is causing it, but when I revert back to base Genesis 8.1 the issue with lashes is gone.
    Also Body and Face morph looks like a 'Light' version from the product images. Setting morph limit off and exceeding 100% Only deforms it even more.
    Tried Installing with DIM first. Then uninstalled and used Daz Central. Nothing changed.
    Kinda curious if anyone else had this issue too? Impossible to find anything with Daz' amazing forum search! :D
    Thanks for any help you can give!

    By

    meniaro meniaro September 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Noticed Something New With the Store.

    There is a thread in the announcements https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/588971/new-daz-3d-safe-search-filter#latest

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    Pendraia said:

    Not just me then. I wouldn't mind a change of forum software as I'm not fond of this version.

    It would be nice to get a like button too!

    Personally I love Vbulletin (So long as it's not V5 and up)

    - There was a similar forum software to Vbulletin that was made by some of the developers of Vbulletin. Its very similar, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. But yeah. When it comes to powerful forum software, VB is mah absolute favorite. I think my main reason for taking to it though is due to the sheer customization and "fine tuning" of abilities for members/groups/ranks etc etc. And for someone like me, I find that an absolute must when it comes to managing a forum.
    Though I think for Daz, it'd probably be a waste in terms of features, as I doubt most people including the moderators etc, would make use of the majority of features it has to offer. These forums are more of a (and I use this term loosely) "side deal" for us for discussion etc. It would be nice to have a couple features added though to make it's use more on par with other forum softwares. But overall, I think it serves it's purpose and needs. It's just a lil rough around the edges I suppose ^^

    By

    pofotigec pofotigec September 2022 in The Commons
  • Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

    Richard Haseltine said:

    N-RArts said:

    Is DIM broken? I've got to go through my entire Product Library, and manually search for certain content in order to be able to download it.

    Yes, the store seems to be supplying bad order data values which ar wrecking the sort order using those at least. Daz is aware.

    At least Daz knows. Thank you for explaining smiley

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Converting these base maps to opacity maps is becoming REAAAAAAAALLY tedious. There a just so many things to separate. I make one thing disappear, but it'll also affect something else - that I don't want to be transparent.  *unimpressed sigh*

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    Not just me then. I wouldn't mind a change of forum software as I'm not fond of this version.

    It would be nice to get a like button too!

    By

    Pendraia Pendraia September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    pofotigec said:

    SofaCitizen said:

    Yup. It's a known issue, the hamsters powering the forum servers are getting tired but the developers are busy on other projects.

    Hah. Glad it aint just me. Thanks <3 Poor hamsters though. I'd have at least used something like a fennec fox. They have plenty of energy x-x

    I've a spare cat I could donate. He's old but spirited. I'd even pay the postage.

    By

    oddbob oddbob September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    This forum ALWAYS has issues. indecision

    By

    AllenArt AllenArt September 2022 in The Commons
  • Select a strand based hair object

    Thanks Richard, but I get a 404 error on that.  I'm picking this project back up again after having dropped it back then.  I did find a function for setting subd, however, it relies on if the node class name is "DzBone" which strand based hair must not be, since the script executes without error but doesn't actually do anything.  This DzLine might be what I need, though, I'll check into it. 

    Richard Haseltine said:

    That does assume that the label includes "dForce", which is not guaranteed. You might want to search for

    site:docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples "DzLineTessellationModifier"

    to see a more reliable way to handle this using the modifier.

    By

    Causam3D Causam3D September 2022 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • PostgreSQL CMS problem - error on opening DS

     

    You should have the location of the database there, not the content library 

    Here's mine, with another one showing what's in that folder

    Thanks! Not sure why/how that would have changed. Doing a search for that .json file right now.

    By

    mikethe3dguy mikethe3dguy September 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Forum issues?

    PerttiA said:

    We have been told, the fix requires change of forum software

    Oh joy... That'd be fun.

    I aint too big a fan of this forum software honestly speaking. Seems rather barebones actually. But eh, least the downtime isn't too long I guess

    By

    pofotigec pofotigec September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    We have been told, the fix requires change of forum software

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    It seems to be happening a lot and I've been getting a different sort of error recently. It used to go to an error page, now I keep seeing an error message overlaid on the forum page which goes away after a while. I don't know if this is a Daz thing or if Cloudflare have changed their error reporting.

    By

    Peter Wade Peter Wade September 2022 in The Commons
  • Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

    In doing a search, I ran across a thread where someone asked the same questions back in 2014, including if the plugin worked with 8.5..  And there were no replies.

    I guess that few artists here ever went that route.

    By

    UnifiedBrain UnifiedBrain September 2022 in Carrara Discussion
  • Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

    N-RArts said:

    What a rough evening. Tired, feeling sick, stomach pains, "sulphur burps", I've got the smell of smoke up my nose - Among other things.

    I also burnt my mouth with my toothpaste (I feel asleep while cleaning my teeth last night).

    Urgh. I've got stuff to do, but I just don't know where to start. 

    I wish finding a Iray hair shader equivalent to my obj's maps was easier. 

    Is DIM broken? I've got to go through my entire Product Library, and manually search for certain content in order to be able to download it.

    Yes, the store seems to be supplying bad order data values which ar wrecking the sort order using those at least. Daz is aware.

    I want my bed :(....

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • my weird crash

    Wendy, thanks for mentioning the Huion tablet problem, which I read about while searching for answers in the forum. I don't have one. And thanks RuudL for letting me know about EtreCheck, certainly something useful for many situations.

    By

    lakeivan lakeivan September 2022 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.