• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Weird search results - please donate

    iPad safari

    unchecked owned product box set  items per page to 60

     

    Aiko search results 18 pages

    "Aiko" initial search results 1 of 8 but go to page 2 let it refresh draw and it says 2 of 21

     

    EDIT: yeah its just Radom for 1 of X it randomly changes on me when going to page 2. No consistency

    By

    MachineClaw MachineClaw November 2022 in The Commons
  • Redacted

    ...I had a similar issue happen on a G3 character that I reported on the Brow Remover thread in the PA Commercial Products forum.  It's happens just to the skin on the face, not the rest of the body. Never had it happen before. At the time I was using the 4.20 Beta and tested it in the 4.16 General release (which I had been using for some time) and the same occurred, so it wasn't the version something in the version of Daz I was using that caused it

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid November 2022 in The Commons
  • Daz Central Arbitrarily Changes Order On Items

    Richard Haseltine said:

    This has been an issue since the store forum change, at least in Daz Studio. It is related to the data the store supplies, since it started without a software update that might trigger it.

    Is the issue being addressed? Or has it just been noted, with no intent to fix it? 

    By

    stripe6499_9253833ae8 stripe6499_9253833ae8 November 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Central Arbitrarily Changes Order On Items

    This has been an issue since the store forum change, at least in Daz Studio. It is related to the data the store supplies, since it started without a software update that might trigger it.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • G8F/M Pose Transfer to G9

    richardandtracy said:

    I saw yesterday that a number of people were suffering from a small number of G9 poses being available. So, can I offer a 4575 line script to transfer poses to G9. You need to have the pose applied to G8F, and it is then transferred to G9 by the script. You need to select the hip of each appropriate character. The script makes a guess as to which is which in the scene, but you need to confirm or correct the choices.

    G8F and G9 are very similar, so the poses convert pretty well. The biggest problem preventing immediate use of G8 poses is that the bone names are quite different, and a few bones have different zero settings. I used about 1700 lines of code to get the face rig to transfer, something I've not done in any previous transfer script. This is one area where not everything has a 1:1 equivalence, so I have tried to make it work as well as possible - if anything G8F has more bones in the face than G9. In the lips & eyelids I've had to average up to 3 G8F bone dial values to go into one G9 parameter dial. Not everyone wants the face rig pose to come over with the body pose, so the face rig pose transfer is optional with a checkbox. The head, ears and eye poses always transfer with the body pose.

    I do hope it's useful until someone like RiversoftArt can come up with a pose transfer that doesn't need G8F to be open.

    Pose shown: BBarbs freebie 'Just Elegant 07' from Renderosity, Characters CHB Milan and V9. Background is Namtar3D's underwater HDRI available somewhere on this forum and at Renderosity.

    The image shows that the pose has transferred properly, but due to different limb lengths between the characters, V9's right fingers are embedded in her heel. This is something that you would have had to deal with between two G8 characters and is not something the script can cope with. Allen Art reports below that it works with male figures. I've not tested it but can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

    Regards 

    Richard 

    Thank you SOOOO much!  I have spent so much money on my G8 characters and nothing works correctly with G9.  This scriipt made me fell a little better.

    By

    karlsfriend_f7ccaca9e2 karlsfriend_f7ccaca9e2 November 2022 in Freebies
  • morphing a geograft asset in custom pose

    I am certain I used to be able to do this in oder versions of DS, as I have actual blender files with posed geografts.
    My old workflow used to be
    1. activate the geometry selection tool so as to separate the base figure from the geograft. 
    2. hide posed base figure and export obj of the geograft asset "in situ"
    3. make edits in blender and export obj
    4. morph loader pro, reverse deformations=yes
    Profit.
    But this doesn't work anymore - DS complains that my morph obj has the wrong vertex count. I've searched the forum and found the most relevant thread here. The proposed workflow in the last post there also does not work, same complaint (plus additional complaints about mismatching ERC's).
    I'm stuck now, and a little bit desperate - how can I make a geograft morph that is *not* in the default, unparented, unfitted state?
     

    By

    tmtmtm_f56c8d4bda tmtmtm_f56c8d4bda November 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • So what forum section do you frequent and why?

    3WC said:

    Ascania said:

    This one: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussions

    Me too. I don't care what forum it is in, if it is a new thread about something I am interested in, I will look at it. Who has time for all those mouse clicks? And what if you miss something?

    Add 1 to that.

    I start my "Daz day" by opening the first 3 or 4 pages (that's about the most that changes in a normal day) then going forward from page 4 to page 1 looking for threads I've been reading or new threads that sound like they might be interesting. When I get to the top of page 1, I do a refresh to see what has appeared while I've been reading, then I'm done. 

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL November 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Mendoman said:

    Oso3D said:

    PerttiA: Good question!

    Consider the favorite topic, nipples. What if you want a character with nipples in a different position? In G8, one would think 'oh, I'll just pull the mesh over here.' And at that point... all your clothing gets distorted horribly. Woops.

    What if you want four+ nipples? Well, only one pair might have edge loops, hrm.

    Also, if you've ever used a smooth brush around looped nipples/navels/etc, oy. The topology gets distorted super fast and you have to keep correcting.

    'missing hints'... well, what I do is have Daz Studio open with wireframe so I know 'the male nipple is around that square' and eyeball it on the zbrush (or Blender or whatever) mesh. It's not super hard.

     

    Actually nipples is a great example, but I have to admit that it sounds scary approach if PAs are just eyeballing where the nipples are supposed to be. If character creator A eyeballs his/her model's nipples 1 cm one way and B eyeballs 1 cm to the other way, and then they both create their new models. Not any kind of expert on this, but I assume if me as a customer who wants to use A's textures on B's character will end up having nipple textures 2 cm off from where the nipple mesh is, right? Personally I prefer the "old way" where the mesh topology marked where navel and nipples are supposed to be.

     

    Also I'm not a big sculptor myself, but I've made some some small morphs for my characters with Blender. Since normal customers don't have access to HD tools, I believe it's much harder for us hobbyist to define nipples or whatever since we can't add extra vertices where we need them and topology does not support it. I get it that this is a good business move, since now other character creators (except those that are working with Daz and have access to HD tools), are having big troubles trying to create new characters for G9, but as a customer I do like the versatility that those other store's vendors' have given.

    This right here is good example of what I'm talking about, as well.  I don't need nipples in different places, and I don't need 4 of them, I just need to be able to have the flexiblity to add my own realism and unique touches to the characters I purchase.  I also need to ensure that any other morphs I purchase are presupposing the same base figure that I am, so that I can know that the morphs will apply the intended result.

    I know most users don't do their own sculpting, and I think that I (as well as the OP in the text I quoted) am more of an edge use case and from a business perspective not part of the 80% they want to target.  NO problem there.  I don't like feeling like my own opinions are discarded immediatly by people saying that Displacement/Normals are a replacement.  Unfortunately, for me, they aren't.

    As with all change, though, there are positives and negatives, and it's just an exercise in evaluating whether the positives outweigh the rest.  My own concerns could be unfounded, as morphs and everything could still work as expected and perhaps I'll just have to export out a SubD5 instead of SubD4 character to sculpt on top of, but only time will tell.

    Also unfortunately, this seems to have become an "us vs them" kind of conversation, and I'm not interested in that so I'm out.  I only wanted to discuss some of the concerns I had to see if anybody else shared them and had opinions on what options were availble to mitigate them, but I'd rather not risk unintentionally offending a group of people.  I'm a big boy, and I can figure it out without crying on the forum about it ;)

    By

    duckbomb duckbomb November 2022 in The Commons
  • Hair locks for hoods ?

    richardandtracy said:

    I don't even know what one is. So may have seen one without knowing. And, yes, fashion & I are completely unaquainted with each other. 

    When doing a Google search I get things like R clip bonnet catches for cars (which I presume are not what you meant), or, and I quote, things referred to as 'dreads for white girls' illustrated by images of grumpy young women having a seriously bad hair day and an excess of ironwork stuck through every bit of their faces (OK, I admit that'd make me grumpy too). Which, in all honesty, doesn't clarify a thing for me..

    Regards,

    Richard.

    Loose hair strands (locks) that can be placed around the edges of a hood (or hat) to make it clear that there is hair under there without having to fit a whole hair model in.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • So what forum section do you frequent and why?

    Ascania said:

    This one: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussions

    Me too. I don't care what forum it is in, if it is a new thread about something I am interested in, I will look at it. Who has time for all those mouse clicks? And what if you miss something?

    By

    3WC 3WC November 2022 in The Commons
  • Hair locks for hoods ?

    I don't even know what one is. So may have seen one without knowing. And, yes, fashion & I are completely unaquainted with each other. 

    When doing a Google search I get things like R clip bonnet catches for cars (which I presume are not what you meant), or, and I quote, things referred to as 'dreads for white girls' illustrated by images of grumpy young women having a seriously bad hair day and an excess of ironwork stuck through every bit of their faces (OK, I admit that'd make me grumpy too). Which, in all honesty, doesn't clarify a thing for me..

    Regards,

    Richard.

     

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy November 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • Do you ever...

    yes and yes

    tend to topic search my product library to find what I own and then to know what I have to search for in my content to actually find it

    By

    Linwelly Linwelly November 2022 in The Commons
  • Easy way to delete manually installed files?

    qq_81ee1a28 said:

    I installed most of my files manually, is there any convinient way of uninstalling them? or do I have to track down every file from a specific asset and delete them one by one?

    Basically, yes. Might help to download a zip just to see how it was packaged, go to those places and delete the files and/or folders. {have D/S closed when messing about in these folders}

    Sometimes using the computer's search feature helps too.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab November 2022 in The Commons
  • Saved Custom Morph Changes Reverting Back

    Richard Haseltine said:

    It sounds as if the chnages are not being saved to the saem content directory as the original, and that the one with the chnages is later than the one with the original - Daz studio therefore finds and loads the old one first. The new morph worked because it is going to the same directory both on first save and update. If that is the case, find the older .dsf files and remove them.

    I'm afraid that's not the case. I have performed a thorough manual search through my directories. These morphs only exist in one of them. And I've saved and resaved with extra vigilance more many times already. I assure you, I'm saving them all to the right directory.

    By

    Tamuna Tamuna November 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Other People's Files

    I would think that if people shared files publicly or in the forum, that you would then be allowed to make renders and to modify them. If they shared personally (which you may not remember), they may have indicated whether it is allowed to use them. But you don't know that. If you have stolen them, however, ..... devil

    By

    Hansmar Hansmar November 2022 in Bryce Discussion
  • Weird search results - please donate

    If I go to this page:

    https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-genesis-8-poses

    Which are poses for an interior set which is not listed in required products.  If I search for USS Horizon from that page, It says three results in the top left but I get only one showing:

    https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon

    However, if I open a new tab and go to the top store page and search for USS Horizon I get all three results:

    https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon

    https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-interior

    https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-genesis-8-poses

    I'm on: Firefox 106.0.5 (64 bit) with the DAZ-Deals plugin 3.1.1 - Win 10 Pro

    By

    eric susch eric susch November 2022 in The Commons
  • So what forum section do you frequent and why?

    takezo_3001 said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    yesCarrara rocksyes

    I still find it a crying shame that it was put on Daz's back burner, as it's one of the most unique programs that I have come across with this hobby!

    If only they had better figure support and an updated renderer/shaders it would rival even daz studio… wait, I think that's why they left it behind.

     

     takezo_3001,

    I haven't been around long enough to track what software has been orphaned, but from the reactions I've seen regarding Hexagon, I suspect it falls into that category. In any case, I forget to mention that I do visit the Hexagon Discussion forum too, apart from the Commons, Art Studio and Blender ones. Like I said, I haven't been around long, so it amazes me how a left behind modeling software like Hexagon can actually produce pretty good results.

    A special shout out goes to Nova who continues to cool post archiviz scenes. See Please Do Not Forget Hexagon and the Hex Gallery in general too.

    Cheers!

    By

    csaa csaa November 2022 in The Commons
  • New nVidia Game and Studio driver (526.98) released to fix dForce issue

    Link to nVidia forum driver discussion

    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/504470/geforce-grd-52698-feedback-thread-released-111622/

    By

    IceCrMn IceCrMn November 2022 in The Commons
  • Best skins for Blender?

    Krys Kryngle said:

    I've spent a lot of time experimenting with skin in Cycles and Renderman.  I'll throw out my opinions in an effort to help save you some time and money but I admit that I never got skins to look awesome in Cycles.  If you take a gander at Artstation and look at the most realistic portraits, you'll see mostly Arnold and Unreal.  I played around with Renderman and got good results but it is so complex I didn't want to put any more time into trying to learn it and get better at it.  I've since switched over to Unreal.  There are some good studio renders in Cycles, but I haven't really seen any in an environment with real world lighting.  I'm sure there are some out there somewhere.

    I don't think anyone uses the 3-layer system the dermis-shader is promoting.  If you check out the video below, this artist is using Arnold in Maya (17:16 to about 18:50).  One skin layer with correct SSS depths for red, green, and blue, and the correct scale.  I think the old cycles shader I used was set up just like the video; sss depths were set to red=1, green=.33, and blue=0.20.  Subsurface was set to a value of 1 and diffuse was set to 0.  I put a big spotlight behind the character's head and adjusted the scale until I saw the ears glow the color red that I liked.  I can dig up a shot of my node setup if you want it.

    I agree with Padone 100% that the DAZ materials are optimized for DAZ and unfortunately need some work when being used anywhere else (blender, maya, unreal, etc).  One way to adjust is to take a DAZ skin and adjust the color using the method in the video below.  The target skin color can be a real life photo, a skin from the 3dscanstore.com, or search for 'Pantone skins' and experiment with those colors.  This might get you closer to real world skin tones and then you can adjust further in Blender. 

    Hope this helps a little bit. 

    ps, the reason I posted a video using maya and arnold was because the dermis-shader advertises that their shader system is based on Arnold somehow.  Arnold does not use a 3 layer system as far as I know and that is what I was trying to illustrate.  I think all the big engines use a similar setup which is in the video I posted.

    Thanks for the information. There are so many options for making skin with Cycles and everybody seems to take a different approach. I'm aware that doing realistic skin in Cycles from Daz figures requires some extra work. My goal is to take the Daz figures and textures as base for modification in Photoshop and Blender.

    I found some ideas for baking details in this tutorial. They do characters from scratch but this tutorial is not free. Nevertheless I learned some things about pores, wrinkles and peach fuzz, as well as hair.
    I still have to digest it. 

    I also found this video interesting about the future of the Principled shader and the explanation about the purpose of the actual one.

    Arists tend to use the shader in their way, without really knowing what the implementers intended. We will come to a certain degree of realism, but I also try to create a set of assets to tell stories and define a personal workflow and I always have to keep myself from always trying to be perfect.

    By the way, Krys, you tutorials for Diffeo have been a great help and Padone does an awesome job as well. Thanks to both of you and of course to Thomas for the plugin.

     

     

    By

    Singular3D Singular3D November 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Holsters?

    Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/595506/in-search-of-side-arm-gun-holster/p1
     

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2022 in Product Suggestions
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.