• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Epic Games acquires Quixel

    It is possible to import Daz models into Unreal.

    I do think that Daz should be very seriously looking at ways to make that process as easy and painless as possible. It is in Daz's best interest to have as much of a bridge as possible to Unreal, which would directly translate to more sales. Unity would work as well, but I personally think that Epic's aggressive moves will lead to more people using it long term, plus Epic is constantly reinvesting in their engine to make it better. If Epic is lacking something, they WILL go buy it. The way they do business is sort of like Amazon, in that they do not necessarily chase after pure profit, they are constantly doing more stuff to grow and expand. They are also willing to cut margins thin to entice people to use their products, like this example right here of just giving away Quixel content for free when using their Epic engine.

    So they are not just offering Epic for free, they are even offering a bunch of content for free. That would be like Daz offering Victoria for free, no stacking sale needed, just free all the time as long as you use Daz Studio to render her.

    Ok, I get that but what can I do with my DAZ character or scene once I have imported it into Unreal? The reason I downloaded Unity was because I am told it has a VR viewer and I have just bought a VR headset but when it comes to doing anything in Unity, I seem to run into the need to do some coding, which is just not going to happen. I avoided coding in a long career in computer support and don't intend to start now. My son is a senior software engineer so I could ask him to help but he sees DAZ Studio as some kind of Ken & Barbie game and thinks it is funny that his old man is playing with dolls.

    Ha ha, it may be as easy as drag and drop but the results are professional quality and character is a custom character also vs. who make a custom character from scratch by investing lot of time.

     

    I can do little bit modeling with Blender but gave up, who will invest time to make a model when all models are ready for me and sometimes just need custom morphing if my goal is just the end result.

     

    Time is very important. Therefore rendering is becoming faster day by day, e.g. Ray Tracing GPU, Realtime rendering etc.

    By

    Galaxy Galaxy November 2019 in The Commons
  • Epic Games acquires Quixel

    It is possible to import Daz models into Unreal.

    I do think that Daz should be very seriously looking at ways to make that process as easy and painless as possible. It is in Daz's best interest to have as much of a bridge as possible to Unreal, which would directly translate to more sales. Unity would work as well, but I personally think that Epic's aggressive moves will lead to more people using it long term, plus Epic is constantly reinvesting in their engine to make it better. If Epic is lacking something, they WILL go buy it. The way they do business is sort of like Amazon, in that they do not necessarily chase after pure profit, they are constantly doing more stuff to grow and expand. They are also willing to cut margins thin to entice people to use their products, like this example right here of just giving away Quixel content for free when using their Epic engine.

    So they are not just offering Epic for free, they are even offering a bunch of content for free. That would be like Daz offering Victoria for free, no stacking sale needed, just free all the time as long as you use Daz Studio to render her.

    Ok, I get that but what can I do with my DAZ character or scene once I have imported it into Unreal? The reason I downloaded Unity was because I am told it has a VR viewer and I have just bought a VR headset but when it comes to doing anything in Unity, I seem to run into the need to do some coding, which is just not going to happen. I avoided coding in a long career in computer support and don't intend to start now. My son is a senior software engineer so I could ask him to help but he sees DAZ Studio as some kind of Ken & Barbie game and thinks it is funny that his old man is playing with dolls.

    Whatever you want. Unreal is a game engine, but it can be used for animating or even taking single frame shots. Being a game engine, it is designed to render quickly, that is big difference between Unreal and Iray. With any half decent GPU you can render in real time. It does support ray tracing, but without a RTX card that is not is a good idea to try. But you can still create fairly realistic renders if you know what you are doing. You do not need to know coding so much. Its like Daz in that a GIU can handle most things. Coding is an option if you want to dig deeper into the finer workings for full control, but not absolutely necessary. Just like Daz, you can buy or import assets you have bought and take the easier path. That includes animations, plus you can buy things like physics simulations, music, and more in the Unreal asset store. If you just want to take pictures, then you don't need to know too much about how things work. Again, since this is a game engine, those pictures can be rendered nearly as fast as you can press the button. I believe there are options for more photo real effects, which do take longer, but not Iray long. Game engines can be super versatile.

    There are video tutorials on importing Daz characters to Unity. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=daz+to+unreal   There are also some sold here in the Daz store.

    Just found this clip on youtube of somebody messing with Daz to iclone to Unreal.

    So you can do stuff like that.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 November 2019 in The Commons
  • Epic Games acquires Quixel

    It is possible to import Daz models into Unreal.

    I do think that Daz should be very seriously looking at ways to make that process as easy and painless as possible. It is in Daz's best interest to have as much of a bridge as possible to Unreal, which would directly translate to more sales. Unity would work as well, but I personally think that Epic's aggressive moves will lead to more people using it long term, plus Epic is constantly reinvesting in their engine to make it better. If Epic is lacking something, they WILL go buy it. The way they do business is sort of like Amazon, in that they do not necessarily chase after pure profit, they are constantly doing more stuff to grow and expand. They are also willing to cut margins thin to entice people to use their products, like this example right here of just giving away Quixel content for free when using their Epic engine.

    So they are not just offering Epic for free, they are even offering a bunch of content for free. That would be like Daz offering Victoria for free, no stacking sale needed, just free all the time as long as you use Daz Studio to render her.

    Ok, I get that but what can I do with my DAZ character or scene once I have imported it into Unreal? The reason I downloaded Unity was because I am told it has a VR viewer and I have just bought a VR headset but when it comes to doing anything in Unity, I seem to run into the need to do some coding, which is just not going to happen. I avoided coding in a long career in computer support and don't intend to start now. My son is a senior software engineer so I could ask him to help but he sees DAZ Studio as some kind of Ken & Barbie game and thinks it is funny that his old man is playing with dolls.

    By

    marble marble November 2019 in The Commons
  • Epic Games acquires Quixel

    It is possible to import Daz models into Unreal.

    I do think that Daz should be very seriously looking at ways to make that process as easy and painless as possible. It is in Daz's best interest to have as much of a bridge as possible to Unreal, which would directly translate to more sales. Unity would work as well, but I personally think that Epic's aggressive moves will lead to more people using it long term, plus Epic is constantly reinvesting in their engine to make it better. If Epic is lacking something, they WILL go buy it. The way they do business is sort of like Amazon, in that they do not necessarily chase after pure profit, they are constantly doing more stuff to grow and expand. They are also willing to cut margins thin to entice people to use their products, like this example right here of just giving away Quixel content for free when using their Epic engine.

    So they are not just offering Epic for free, they are even offering a bunch of content for free. That would be like Daz offering Victoria for free, no stacking sale needed, just free all the time as long as you use Daz Studio to render her.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 November 2019 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8 HD + Vertigo Ponytail -> 2 black spots on forehead.

    Hi.

    New user here. (Started a couple of days ago).

    Bought the Vic 8 pro bundle and the HD pack.

    I get black spots when rendering with the HD addon if the Ponytail is added. Without hair the forehead is fine.

     

    I have tried:

    • Adding drawing dome.
    • Only adding the HD figure and hair, meaning no background, clothes, make up etc.  

     

    Without the HD addon things looks fine.

    Please advise.

    By

    GardenTurtle GardenTurtle November 2019 in New Users
  • Confusion over Figures, Models, Genesis 1-2-3 to 8, Victoria models and so on

    So if I already have Genesis 8 I don't need Victoria 8 for clothing that states that I need Victoria 8?

    Almost certainly not. Very occasionally a piece might work with only the named character, though the only example I can think of was for one of the teen figures, but geenrally fitted items will work on the base. Characters wil probably use the named character shape as part of their shape, so using those without the named character will be more or less different in shape - but the materials should still be OK.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2019 in New Users
  • Confusion over Figures, Models, Genesis 1-2-3 to 8, Victoria models and so on

    So if I already have Genesis 8 I don't need Victoria 8 for clothing that states that I need Victoria 8?

     

    By

    budrudesill budrudesill November 2019 in New Users
  • Confusion over Figures, Models, Genesis 1-2-3 to 8, Victoria models and so on

    Victoria 8 is here: https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8

    The base figure for Victoria 8 is Genesis 8 Female, available from the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials (free with Daz Studio): https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-starter-essentials

    By

    Leana Leana November 2019 in New Users
  • Confusion over Figures, Models, Genesis 1-2-3 to 8, Victoria models and so on

    I'm still confused. Many costumes and such state that Victoria 8 is a required procuct. I don't see in the DAZ catalogue anywhere to buy the basic Victoria 8 figure/ character or whatever it's called. Where is it in the catalogue and what is the very specific name/SKU?

    By

    budrudesill budrudesill November 2019 in New Users
  • Are there any Bouffant hairstyles from the 50's , 60's or 70's ?

    I was probably thinking of oen of these

    https://www.daz3d.com/pina-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/josina-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/gwen-hair-for-genesis-3-and-2-female-s-and-victoria-4

    though that's not quite the picture I had in mind.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2019 in The Commons
  • Remakes of Old Victoria & Michael Clothing

    maybe it didn't sell well to warrant a remake. I know I would have no interest in it

    This is the link to the dress: https://www.daz3d.com/blue-moods

    Firstly, there are thousands of products that I and all other Daz customers have no interest in, but that doesn't mean that any one won't be exactly what other customers are looking for. I'm currently planning some period compositions, some of which will be 30s and art deco based, so I've been collecting suitable items re which the above dress and headpiece are perfect. But these latter could be given variant shapes and a series of materials which would make the costumes great for sci-fi nobles and priestesses, and also for fantasy nobles and sorceresses. Having always loved art deco this costume is ideal for some of my planned compositions despite that there's only the one colour, but being for Victoria 3 I can't use it. There are also other old costumes for V4 & M4 or earlier re which at least to me are nicer designs than current parallels for G2-G8 characters, so I can't see remakes not being popular, or in some cases even more popular than current parallels. There also seem to be more period pieces for the earlier models than for the later, and I've often seen requests for such in this forum.

    By

    Prince Wao Prince Wao November 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Daz Studio is neglecting to export a specific morph, but only when I export it as a .dae file.

    I've tried that, which you would think would make sense, but it's giving me an error that I don't understand. Please note that the error I'm getting is with both my model and in this screenshots' case, it's just the basic victoria 8 model.

     

     

    By

    kimmeey kimmeey November 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Exporting FBX from DAZ, rig comes out messed up in Blender?
    Psyckosama, the link you provided is Diffeomorphic. I tried Diffeomorphic before, and it also didn't solve my problem. I discussed it earlier in this topic. glossedsfm, pre/post rotation puts the bones in place, but doesn't move the character. Force automatic children did absolutely nothing. Automatic bone rotation also didn't affect it any. andya_b341b7c5f5, I've attached a picture of the Diffeomorphic error. Richard Haseltine, I'm exporting a character model. For the Diffeomorphic error, I used the Victoria model with all of the default DAZ settings, so it's not a problem with my model.

    By

    llastffirst1234 llastffirst1234 November 2019 in New Users
  • Bluejaunte's Amala

    Bluejaunte, like the people who have applied human eyes and skin to the character, I am another who thinks the alien character deviates a bit too much from the human characters. Of the not-quite-human characters, my favorite is the original Cheetara from an 80's cartoon called Thundercats. She doesn't have cat ears or a round black nose or a tail or anything. She doesn't have any non-human parts. But she has a cat-themed texture. And she has what I consider to be a very good shape for a female character. I'd buy a well-made character like that even though I wouldn't spend money on any of the "Catfolk" or Manga styled characters.

    Also, I didn't waste any time paying for a character called Atalya for Genesis 8 Females by Xile3D at Renderosity. The character has blue skin, but they didn't just make a blue character. A lot of effort had been put into the skin to make it very appealing to people like me. I'd pay money for good red, yellow, or green characters if they had good, convincing skin textures like that, with dark and light areas and all.

    So I'd personally be more interested if the alien-ness of the character were more about the texture than the shape. Especially the head shape was not quite my style. But I am a person who tries to render realistic humans, so I guess I'm not the target audience for an alien character anyway. But maybe an artist who is known for realistic human characters isn't going to have a target audience full of people looking for characters who don't look like realistic humans.

    Inaru is one of my favorites. I'd personally like to see what you can do with a darker skinned character like Raiya's Tessa for G8 or Jazmine HD for Victoria 7. And that smile you've come up with is the best I've seen for one of these characters. I'd like to see somebody do the same with a look of fear or sadness. But I'm just creepy like that. Anyway, good luck with your future projects.

    By

    NylonGirl NylonGirl November 2019 in The Commons
  • IRAY Photorealism?

    For the past little while now I've been trying some different things in my renders. Maybe not totally realistic, but at the very least I try to avoid the Daz look, if that makes any sense. Still learning a lot. Wish I would have found this thread sooner.

    By

    00qisq00 00qisq00 November 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.52, Now Available!

    I've switched back to DIM install only and things are working much smoother now, but one thing is missing. I can't find Victoria 6. She doesn't show up in DIM at all. I've tried searching by SKU even. She still shows as purchased in my product library but is no where to be seen in DIM. I wonder what else is missing from DIM now.

    By

    FrankTheTank FrankTheTank November 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.52, Now Available!

    Nevermind last post. I figured it out, in DIM Victoria 6 only has the "connect available" tag. They left off the tag: "Daz Studio 4.5+", so she wasn't showing up because I had filtered out all "connect available" products. I guess I can't use the tags in DIM for filtering as it puts too much trust in updated tags. 

    By

    FrankTheTank FrankTheTank November 2019 in The Commons
  • Remakes of Old Victoria & Michael Clothing

    I'm always amazed at how many good outfits there are for old models which I don't use. This V3 add-on along with a full outfit done as a primary outfit would be excellent:
    https://www.daz3d.com/blue-moods-head-dress

    By

    Prince Wao Prince Wao November 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.52, Now Available!

    Items installed through Connect can be uninstalled by right-click on the product (in the Products tab of Smart Content or in the list in the Content Library) and selecting Uninstall. Connect and DIM are separate and don't install to the same place or in the same way (Connect uses the /data/cloud folder, and has a separate folder for each product - the Daz Connect list in Daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats is a virtual folder, a composite of the actual install folders).

    ah ok, that explains it. I see it starts to create a real mess if installing from both methods. All my assets are disorganized now and difficult to navigate. I think I'm going to have to uninstall all the connect stuff and reinstall it the old way as I just can't get used to it.

    If you installed from Connect, and then uninstalled it, does it leave anything behind on the laptop? (the way DIM potentially can if you don't check delete after install)

    I just want to make sure I reclaim all space on the drive when uninstalling.

    If you install and uninstall via Connect everything will go - it places the files from each product in their own folder (/data/cloud/1_SKU/) and removes that on uninstall. Avoiding potential overlaps/conflicts is one of its benefits, though it's also the reason that ExP figures (such as Victoria 4) can't use Connect

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2019 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Platinum Club+ For a Day

    PC+ MEMBERS: ALL ITEMS JUST $1.99

    Buy 4 or more Debut New to get an EXTRA 10% OFF*

    Does not work.

     

     

    I see this working. This does not for you?

    With 3 debut new and 4 debut new the same PC for a day. Adding the 4th debut new does not change the PC for a day price.

    But as it's the end of day.... no chance to solve it and I'm not interestersed in the debut new items, I'm just pointing out an error.

     

     Shopping Cart

    • Amaris HD for Victoria 8

      Amaris HD for Victoria 8new   

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $18.95

      $1.69

      91%

    • The Orangery

      The Orangerynew 

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $16.95

      $2.41

      86%

    • Earthtones Iray Shaders

      Earthtones Iray Shadersnew  

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $14.95

      $1.91

      87%

    • Z Glute Shapes Pose Partials Mega Set

      Z Glute Shapes Pose Partials Mega Setnew 

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $16.95

      $8.17

      52%

    • Luxury Pool House and Garden

      Luxury Pool House and Garden

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $22.95

      $11.07

      52%

    vs 

    Shopping Cart

    • Amaris HD for Victoria 8

      Amaris HD for Victoria 8

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $18.95

      $1.69

      91%

    • The Orangery

      The Orangerynew   

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $16.95

      $2.41

      86%

    • Earthtones Iray Shaders

      Earthtones Iray Shadersnew  

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $14.95

      $1.91

      87%

    • Z Glute Shapes Pose Partials Mega Set

      Z Glute Shapes Pose Partials Mega Setnew 

       Move to Wishlist Remove Item

      $16.95

      $8.17

      52%

     

     

    By

    Xellosz Xellosz November 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.