-
Rolling up something
Thanks. I'll see if I can find that...
My attempt was a bust.... I asked on the Z Central forums so got my fingers crossed for some help from the pros there!
LicensingHi,
I was just wondering if there is any sort of planned movement towards more permissive lincenses for realtime 3D applications / video games. Ultimately this is central to whether or not I continue to invest in Daz content. Personally I would rather see one figure to license all content (rather than 2k per artist where available) so I can better understand the value, budget for my licenseing accordingly and be left to the business of 'creating experiences'. Failing that including 3D licenses for a cost percentage of the model may also work - at least you know that once you've paid you're licensed. Some combination of the above would be great as well but where you can only obtain licenses for a fraction of the content and you need to license your hair from one artist and your boots from another at 2k a pop its just too convoluted and expensive...
Is anyone in a position to indicate whether Daz intends to continue to focus on 2d or if they will be moving with the times and competeing with the likes of adobe/mixamo?
Thanks for any insight.
Only non-commercial use for 3-D printing: ho-humthere's always Zbrush central too for models, and Sculptris forum, many make them for just for printing not 3D art
iClone pipeline another posibility can put your friends faces on them too.
I have an XYZ printer, it is crap
August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!
Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?
As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7.1. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.
That is awesome! LOL! Yeah... we guys can be a little obtuse... very practical... but obtuse!
Scene isolation for LOD visualization and speed while editing.As the camera has a "focal point" indicator, I would love to have the ground-plane indicate the LOD-zones, with the ability to adjust them.
Settings for the editor LOD being unique to the scene-render LOD, by isolation of the controls bound to "A camera", for the render, and bound to "General settings" for the viewports. Optionally, having the ability to "Isolate scenery to current LOD". So everything beyond the LOD at our working location is just hidden, not the scenery LOD which we are obviously editing.
Okay, don't call it LOD for the viewport, call it draw-distance, since that isn't actually used here. (Well it is, the grid disappears, but not the objects beyond the grid. This should turn the grid into adjustable levels, without disturbing the grid-scale. White for the current LOD zone, medium grey for the middle LOD zone, and near-black for the far LOD zone, if we had three viewport LOD's setup. Objects beyond those points would not draw while editing, if we isolate to the central work area, which is the area close to what we are looking at, not just under our camera-view. (Half the intersect of the camera-angle to the floor, up to a limit-distance? Or just the center of the "focal point" of the camera, for an actual camera.)
When selecting an actual "camera", in the viewport (not the camera-view viewport only), we should be able to see the LOD models as they would appear in the render, as we get closer, they remain LOD detailed to the selected camera, not the viewport LOD adjustment. That would just determine which models we see on the screen, not the LOD level of the model seen on the screen.
I hope some of that makes sense... (I believe 3DSmax does the LOD thing in the view-port, and this might too... But not the camera-view thing, which would let us see if we need to adjust the LOD levels for that camera, for more or less detail, for faster renders or memory savings with renders. As opposed to viewport LOD drawing which is intended for editing-speed. Here, with the ability to HIDE, without having to keep selecting each individual item and "hide them", would be a big time-saver, especially for the live-IRay view.)
Oh, and one more thing... With the LOD stuff... Some Scene-Calculator or estimation of "Memory size required", would be nice to know, in advance... (Obviously not the same for every camera, and still just a quick evaluation estimate of the sceen, with the LOD accounted-for, and hidden objects from rendering, not counted in the estimate.)
August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!
Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?
Where do I find the condiments and the large food items?
August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!
Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?
As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7.1. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.
After I stopped laughing I did get roond to checking out the links
Good to go Entry Accepted
August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!
Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?
Love it! Everything looks just right! I don't know that T'oie loved it, though. By that look on her face, Louie better watch his step...or she might be his bestest ex-goil!
Great work!Dana
August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!
Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?
1.) Moustache 19th Item from Top.2.) Mitch Hair
3.) The Fedora. Registration Required.
4.) 8 TShirts for Genesis. Registration Required.Texture Changed.
5.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh. Registration Required.
6.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3. Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right
7.) M4-B-Boy Set. Shorts.
Paid For: M4 Skin Texture.Stuff for Thoie:
8.) Gnetho for Genesis. Registration Required. Character Morph.
9.) Francisca for V4.2. Registration Required. Texture Only.
10.) August Hair. Note: This is a Direct Link to a Zip File.
11.) Textures for Neftis August Hair. Registration Required.
12.) Genesis Summertime Dress. Registration Required.
13.) Genesis Buttoned Heeled Shoes. Registration Required.
Props 'N' Stuff
14.) Basket 3D Model
15.) Japanese Parasol. Registration Required.
16.) Retro Picnic Jug. Registration Required.
17.) Ritz crackers prop for Poser/DAZ Studio. Registration Required.
18.) Rusty junk set 2. Registeration Required.
19.) Hot Dog. 7th Item From Top
20.) Drink Can.
21.) Fence. 3DS Model
22.) Tree. Go to Enter Button, Click on Poser PP2 (2nd Row, 2nd Button). 2nd Row, 3rd Item
23.) Rubble. Registration Required
...and, of course, dat %@#! mutt Boston! 24.) 4th Item from Top.
The 3DS items in this render were converted to the .obj format using Poseray, available at this link. Free and easy to use.As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7.1. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadI got lost in my own dream last night... No clue where I was... Then I realized it's a dream and I have no clue where I am in any other one of those, I just never feel lost in them.
It's all in your head, you have no idea where you really are, because you are never in the same place twice and we are all moving at the speed of light... Just the opposite direction, obviously.
(You stand on the Earth surface, the Earth spins at what speed on it's own axis? You are traveling that fast too.)
Add that to...
(You are on the Earth, the Earth spins around the sun at what speed? You are traveling that speed + earth-surface-speed, unless you are traveling that speed - earth-surface-speed as it rotates around to the inside edge of the circle.)
Add that to...
(The solar-system is in the Milky-way galaxy, it spins at what speed around the central black-hole that is sucking us into the core? You are traveling that speed + earth-solar-orbit + earth-surface-rotation speed, or all minus, or a combination of + and -.)
Add that to...
(The milky-way galaxy is in orbit with other galaxies as we hurdle through space as a whole, towards or away from other large-mass collections of galaxies, orbiting around a super-dense volume of unbound blackness called dark-matter, the space between galaxies is not empty, as the space between me and you is not empty, as the space between the things between the space of the things between you and I are not devoid of matter. You are traveling that speed + galaxy-speed + solar-system-speed + earth-speed... And you could be completely still, relative to the earth or me!)
This is why anti-gravity and time-travel is impossible. If you go back into time, HERE ten seconds ago.. the earth was not HERE yet, in space... it will be in a few seconds, and it will hit you traveling trillions of miles an hour, turning you into a comet as you enter the earths atmosphere, if you could have held your breath for those ten seconds in space, and you didn't travel the same speed as the earth, after you teleported. You can't anti-gravity, because gravity is relative to the surface of the earth. Mass-attraction is gravity, you would have to negate the MASS of the entire universe to NEGATE gravity. Then, you would not have anything holding you to earth, and you would become stationary in space, while earth flew away at trillions of miles an hour, or it impacted you at millions of miles an hour, without your gravitational/centrifugal-force to balance-out the throw-off that keeps you upright on the surface and stops you from squishing into the depths of the planet's core itself.
I don't even eat sandwiches!
....interesting I had a discussion along similar lines this past Sunday with this one fellow who volunteers at the local Railway Museum.
...save for the sandwiches.
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadI got lost in my own dream last night... No clue where I was... Then I realized it's a dream and I have no clue where I am in any other one of those, I just never feel lost in them.
It's all in your head, you have no idea where you really are, because you are never in the same place twice and we are all moving at the speed of light... Just the opposite direction, obviously.
(You stand on the Earth surface, the Earth spins at what speed on it's own axis? You are traveling that fast too.)
Add that to...
(You are on the Earth, the Earth spins around the sun at what speed? You are traveling that speed + earth-surface-speed, unless you are traveling that speed - earth-surface-speed as it rotates around to the inside edge of the circle.)
Add that to...
(The solar-system is in the Milky-way galaxy, it spins at what speed around the central black-hole that is sucking us into the core? You are traveling that speed + earth-solar-orbit + earth-surface-rotation speed, or all minus, or a combination of + and -.)
Add that to...
(The milky-way galaxy is in orbit with other galaxies as we hurdle through space as a whole, towards or away from other large-mass collections of galaxies, orbiting around a super-dense volume of unbound blackness called dark-matter, the space between galaxies is not empty, as the space between me and you is not empty, as the space between the things between the space of the things between you and I are not devoid of matter. You are traveling that speed + galaxy-speed + solar-system-speed + earth-speed... And you could be completely still, relative to the earth or me!)
This is why anti-gravity and time-travel is impossible. If you go back into time, HERE ten seconds ago.. the earth was not HERE yet, in space... it will be in a few seconds, and it will hit you traveling trillions of miles an hour, turning you into a comet as you enter the earths atmosphere, if you could have held your breath for those ten seconds in space, and you didn't travel the same speed as the earth, after you teleported. You can't anti-gravity, because gravity is relative to the surface of the earth. Mass-attraction is gravity, you would have to negate the MASS of the entire universe to NEGATE gravity. Then, you would not have anything holding you to earth, and you would become stationary in space, while earth flew away at trillions of miles an hour, or it impacted you at millions of miles an hour, without your gravitational/centrifugal-force to balance-out the throw-off that keeps you upright on the surface and stops you from squishing into the depths of the planet's core itself.
I don't even eat sandwiches!
There's also hickory bacon, and maple-cured bacon! At least those, perhaps more.
Dana
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadI got lost in my own dream last night... No clue where I was... Then I realized it's a dream and I have no clue where I am in any other one of those, I just never feel lost in them.
It's all in your head, you have no idea where you really are, because you are never in the same place twice and we are all moving at the speed of light... Just the opposite direction, obviously.
(You stand on the Earth surface, the Earth spins at what speed on it's own axis? You are traveling that fast too.)
Add that to...
(You are on the Earth, the Earth spins around the sun at what speed? You are traveling that speed + earth-surface-speed, unless you are traveling that speed - earth-surface-speed as it rotates around to the inside edge of the circle.)
Add that to...
(The solar-system is in the Milky-way galaxy, it spins at what speed around the central black-hole that is sucking us into the core? You are traveling that speed + earth-solar-orbit + earth-surface-rotation speed, or all minus, or a combination of + and -.)
Add that to...
(The milky-way galaxy is in orbit with other galaxies as we hurdle through space as a whole, towards or away from other large-mass collections of galaxies, orbiting around a super-dense volume of unbound blackness called dark-matter, the space between galaxies is not empty, as the space between me and you is not empty, as the space between the things between the space of the things between you and I are not devoid of matter. You are traveling that speed + galaxy-speed + solar-system-speed + earth-speed... And you could be completely still, relative to the earth or me!)
This is why anti-gravity and time-travel is impossible. If you go back into time, HERE ten seconds ago.. the earth was not HERE yet, in space... it will be in a few seconds, and it will hit you traveling trillions of miles an hour, turning you into a comet as you enter the earths atmosphere, if you could have held your breath for those ten seconds in space, and you didn't travel the same speed as the earth, after you teleported. You can't anti-gravity, because gravity is relative to the surface of the earth. Mass-attraction is gravity, you would have to negate the MASS of the entire universe to NEGATE gravity. Then, you would not have anything holding you to earth, and you would become stationary in space, while earth flew away at trillions of miles an hour, or it impacted you at millions of miles an hour, without your gravitational/centrifugal-force to balance-out the throw-off that keeps you upright on the surface and stops you from squishing into the depths of the planet's core itself.
I don't even eat sandwiches!
An insightful and valid analysis of problems of time travel if you still subscribe to the idea that space and time are separate and immutable. However, all current evidence is that they are two aspects of a flexible, maleable, single combined concept called "space-time". I'm not saying that time travel of the type you described is actually possible but it's not necessarily impossible for the reasons given. And to quote myself again: "In the realm of eternity, anything that is not forbidden is inevitable."
And don't worry about where you are in dreams or in what you think of as reality, because you are always here and now. Just deal with your situation, whatever you perceive it to be.
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadI got lost in my own dream last night... No clue where I was... Then I realized it's a dream and I have no clue where I am in any other one of those, I just never feel lost in them.
It's all in your head, you have no idea where you really are, because you are never in the same place twice and we are all moving at the speed of light... Just the opposite direction, obviously.
(You stand on the Earth surface, the Earth spins at what speed on it's own axis? You are traveling that fast too.)
Add that to...
(You are on the Earth, the Earth spins around the sun at what speed? You are traveling that speed + earth-surface-speed, unless you are traveling that speed - earth-surface-speed as it rotates around to the inside edge of the circle.)
Add that to...
(The solar-system is in the Milky-way galaxy, it spins at what speed around the central black-hole that is sucking us into the core? You are traveling that speed + earth-solar-orbit + earth-surface-rotation speed, or all minus, or a combination of + and -.)
Add that to...
(The milky-way galaxy is in orbit with other galaxies as we hurdle through space as a whole, towards or away from other large-mass collections of galaxies, orbiting around a super-dense volume of unbound blackness called dark-matter, the space between galaxies is not empty, as the space between me and you is not empty, as the space between the things between the space of the things between you and I are not devoid of matter. You are traveling that speed + galaxy-speed + solar-system-speed + earth-speed... And you could be completely still, relative to the earth or me!)
This is why anti-gravity and time-travel is impossible. If you go back into time, HERE ten seconds ago.. the earth was not HERE yet, in space... it will be in a few seconds, and it will hit you traveling trillions of miles an hour, turning you into a comet as you enter the earths atmosphere, if you could have held your breath for those ten seconds in space, and you didn't travel the same speed as the earth, after you teleported. You can't anti-gravity, because gravity is relative to the surface of the earth. Mass-attraction is gravity, you would have to negate the MASS of the entire universe to NEGATE gravity. Then, you would not have anything holding you to earth, and you would become stationary in space, while earth flew away at trillions of miles an hour, or it impacted you at millions of miles an hour, without your gravitational/centrifugal-force to balance-out the throw-off that keeps you upright on the surface and stops you from squishing into the depths of the planet's core itself.
I don't even eat sandwiches!
Help me build my new DAZ computerI strongly suggest to put your library on another drive and just the programs themselves on the SDD. The fuller a harddrive gets, the slower it becomes and since your entire system is only as fast as it's slowest part...
Depends, SSDs get faster, whereas mechanical get slower as the fuller it gets the more the central parts of the platters are used which spin slower.
I use SSDs; I have mechanicals for backups. I make lots of backups.
NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6Something new for the thread-
I'm going to periodically surf the galleries and give you an ultra fast way to surf through. For me, when I click on one from the "most popular" scroller, when I go back the scroller has disappeared, which meant refreshing. What a pain, and the scroller starts back at the beginning. So these are from that scrollbar and you can click easily, it opens a new window, then you X out and you'll be here to click the next one. Easy! This first group are some of the top rated. If you like them, be sure and click Like!
There Is Beauty Still Oviya Winter Meowl Lovely Winter Sightseeing With Mommy (Alessandro's Koala model!)
Mental Clarity (Dimension Theory) Raid Lazyday Souseiji 0 - Never Lose Heart (Ippotamus)
Blueberry Aram Nikkia (Refresh) Awesome Trek Lavender Fields
Now for some I've found that I think you'll like- and if you do, it only takes a second to Like (thumbs up) it. I'm going back to comment on these, for right now I want to get you the links. This goes through the first 3 pages of what is currently showing, and as you know, things get added quickly so wanted to point these out. It's 6am here (Central Time) so by the time some of you get online, these might be buried.
Hope Sleeping The Deep Eidolon: Alexander
Goodbye Cruel World (created by mistake!) Balance
Celestial Space Mountain Cathedral Valley of the Wild Horses
My Saviour (TOO adorable!) Proximity (equal opportunity!)
C-1 Goddess (interesting, no matter how many times I make this a _blank window, it won't do it. So be sure and click your back button!)
150616 Dragon Child Still 118 Beast
Diamonds? Girl's Best Friend Burn Baby Burn Amtiger-3dl
Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part IVAn upscale residential street in Central London at night. (The buildings are Ness Period Reproductions Townhouse, with new textures and a number of details added).
What Prompts Your Decision To Buy (Or Not Buy) A Figure?At the moment, the only reason I'd buy V7 would be if M7 looks good and I want to crossdress him with unisex style clothing made for V7. I don't see the benefit of G3 yet. Things like knee bends don't looks better, the flesh still doesn't self-collide and you'd need to buy a 'beautiful bends' package (which is usually only made for female figures) to get a good look
...good point about "beautiful bends" like morphs, why dio they not make them for males?
I can't speak for the vendor, but I would imagine it would be additional work to make the morphs looks good on a male body and they just don't feel the effort is worth the reward.
..leg, foot, arm, torso, and hand bends shouldn't be any more difficult to create for male characters than for female. In some ways I would think less so. Male characters are more likely to have the upper body bared, so fixes to arm arm and torso bends are just as important to avoid "crimping" (particularly in the underarm and inner elbow( as well as hip joint, back of the knee, wrist and ankle.
If it's the same amount of work and only a fraction of the people buy them, it's far less profitable. Not to mention that the male figures are far more likely to be used with clothing that covers up the potentially afflicted areas. I've always got the impression that, even for a for a lot of people who do buy the male figures, they're treated more like props than the central characters in many renders.
..bad joint posing aflects the look of clothing fits.
Yes, they do. But not as badly as the shrinking wrapping effects of auto-fit, and look at the relatively small number of products that have been introduced to combat that. The last I heard, neither Sickleyield or Zev0 have their own personal jets, so it's not a matter of whether a product will make something look better, but whether enough people will pay for it.
What Prompts Your Decision To Buy (Or Not Buy) A Figure?At the moment, the only reason I'd buy V7 would be if M7 looks good and I want to crossdress him with unisex style clothing made for V7. I don't see the benefit of G3 yet. Things like knee bends don't looks better, the flesh still doesn't self-collide and you'd need to buy a 'beautiful bends' package (which is usually only made for female figures) to get a good look
...good point about "beautiful bends" like morphs, why dio they not make them for males?
I can't speak for the vendor, but I would imagine it would be additional work to make the morphs looks good on a male body and they just don't feel the effort is worth the reward.
..leg, foot, arm, torso, and hand bends shouldn't be any more difficult to create for male characters than for female. In some ways I would think less so. Male characters are more likely to have the upper body bared, so fixes to arm arm and torso bends are just as important to avoid "crimping" (particularly in the underarm and inner elbow( as well as hip joint, back of the knee, wrist and ankle.
... I've always got the impression that, even for a for a lot of people who do buy the male figures, they're treated more like props than the central characters in many renders.
Don't visit many gay sites do you?
No, but the words I used were "for a lot of". The current statistics suggest that 10% of the general population is gay, which, from a marketing standpoint, is a small portion of the total market. That's not to say that people who produce that kind of work don't buy a larger than proportional percentage of the male oriented product out there, as they most likely do, but given that the overall amount of male 3d items produced and sold is much smaller than that produced and sold for the female market, there's going to be a point where the amount of work involved makes the ROI impractical. And given that there are only a handful of artists who even make smoothing morphs and the fact that none of them are currently making male products, it would seem that they don't believe that the tipping point has been reached.
What Prompts Your Decision To Buy (Or Not Buy) A Figure?At the moment, the only reason I'd buy V7 would be if M7 looks good and I want to crossdress him with unisex style clothing made for V7. I don't see the benefit of G3 yet. Things like knee bends don't looks better, the flesh still doesn't self-collide and you'd need to buy a 'beautiful bends' package (which is usually only made for female figures) to get a good look
...good point about "beautiful bends" like morphs, why dio they not make them for males?
I can't speak for the vendor, but I would imagine it would be additional work to make the morphs looks good on a male body and they just don't feel the effort is worth the reward.
..leg, foot, arm, torso, and hand bends shouldn't be any more difficult to create for male characters than for female. In some ways I would think less so. Male characters are more likely to have the upper body bared, so fixes to arm arm and torso bends are just as important to avoid "crimping" (particularly in the underarm and inner elbow( as well as hip joint, back of the knee, wrist and ankle.
... I've always got the impression that, even for a for a lot of people who do buy the male figures, they're treated more like props than the central characters in many renders.
Don't visit many gay sites do you?
What Prompts Your Decision To Buy (Or Not Buy) A Figure?At the moment, the only reason I'd buy V7 would be if M7 looks good and I want to crossdress him with unisex style clothing made for V7. I don't see the benefit of G3 yet. Things like knee bends don't looks better, the flesh still doesn't self-collide and you'd need to buy a 'beautiful bends' package (which is usually only made for female figures) to get a good look
...good point about "beautiful bends" like morphs, why dio they not make them for males?
I can't speak for the vendor, but I would imagine it would be additional work to make the morphs looks good on a male body and they just don't feel the effort is worth the reward.
..leg, foot, arm, torso, and hand bends shouldn't be any more difficult to create for male characters than for female. In some ways I would think less so. Male characters are more likely to have the upper body bared, so fixes to arm arm and torso bends are just as important to avoid "crimping" (particularly in the underarm and inner elbow( as well as hip joint, back of the knee, wrist and ankle.
If it's the same amount of work and only a fraction of the people buy them, it's far less profitable. Not to mention that the male figures are far more likely to be used with clothing that covers up the potentially afflicted areas. I've always got the impression that, even for a for a lot of people who do buy the male figures, they're treated more like props than the central characters in many renders.
..bad joint posing aflects the look of clothing fits.












