-
New store software before the end of the year
and Australia because we grow so much sugar and can only make so much Bundi Rum to mix it with
Hmm. I usually drink the diet or zero stuff so I've never thought to try regular Coke in Oz... well, except when it's an added-flavor version we don't have in the States like Razzberry. Usually I'm too busy sampling all of the other local brews like Solo or the variants of Lift...
I'm a fan of vanilla coke (don't judge me) but I'd rather go Wimmers - unfortunately the only place in this tiny stupid town that sold it cold, no longer does - and the supermarket only stocks three flavours on the hot shelves. Although have to admit River Port's portello is still the best - but only available in Victoria, not up here, and even tho it's tempting to move to Victoria just so I can have my beloved portello again, right now I'm kinda glad we moved further north when we bought a place instead of Victoria.
A&W root beer ftw! I wish we got diet in Perth though, I want to try that.
Watch the australians keep this off topic lolNew store software before the end of the yearI'm a fan of vanilla coke (don't judge me) but I'd rather go Wimmers - unfortunately the only place in this tiny stupid town that sold it cold, no longer does - and the supermarket only stocks three flavours on the hot shelves. Although have to admit River Port's portello is still the best - but only available in Victoria, not up here, and even tho it's tempting to move to Victoria just so I can have my beloved portello again, right now I'm kinda glad we moved further north when we bought a place instead of Victoria.
and Australia because we grow so much sugar and can only make so much Bundi Rum to mix it with
Hmm. I usually drink the diet or zero stuff so I've never thought to try regular Coke in Oz... well, except when it's an added-flavor version we don't have in the States like Razzberry. Usually I'm too busy sampling all of the other local brews like Solo or the variants of Lift...
Daz studio can´t find the path to my old files/scenes.Those are native files created from Poser-format Victoria 4 when saving in DS 3. It isn't the content installation that is the issue, as those files are not installed but were generated by Daz Studio. Do you have your old content directories? If not do you have a copy of Daz Studio 3 that you can install?
Favorite characters, hair, etc?Hi all,
I'm looking to build up a collection of assets to use exclusively in Carrara. I already have a pretty sizable library for DAZ Studio, but most of it won't work in Carrara.
So, I'd like to create a similar library specifically for C3D.
I've browsed through the shop a lot and, frankly, there's so much that I feel a bit paralyzed by choice. Not a *bad* conundrum, really, but one nonetheless.
I'd like some suggestions for figures/accessories/hair, people have found the easiest to work with, have produced the most favorable results for them, etc.
Could be Victoria 4. Could be Genesis 2, etc. I'm interested in flexibility and availability of props, accessories, hair, clothing, etc.
I'm not aiming for photo-realism, so that's not a concern, though not a "bad thing", either.
Thanks so much!
[Released] Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 FemaleHi!! I would like to show you my new product coming soon in Daz store:
"Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Female" brings you over 100 morphs to change your genesis 8 body in shapes never seen before, modifying feet, legs, torso, arms, hands, head and face.
You can get unlimited shapes in seconds when you change the intensity of the morphs or when you mix them, trying different body part combinations for your characters.You can use materials for Genesis 8 Female such as Victoria 8, Teen Josie 8, etc. these morphs don't affect them.
Get Shapeless Morphs for Genesis 8 Female and start creating!Question on Pro models come with male/female's anatomical elements also question on licenseGenesis models are very modular in nature, particularly the Genesis 8 series. If you buy Micheal 8 Pro Bundle, then you have the genital prop. The gen prop can be used on any other Genesis 8 male who has the gen textures. Just check the store page description details for a reference to anatomical elements materials.
You can also use any Genesis 8 male skin on any other G8 Male model. The same goes for morphs. If you have a long nose morph, you can use that on anybody, like Michael 8. And so on. Pretty much everything is interchangeable. The same goes for clothing, most clothing for G8 male will work on all G8 males.
If you get comfortable enough, you can customize your own content, too. You can alter textures. Does a character have a mole or something that you just hate? You can open the texture in photoshop and remove that mole. Or maybe you want more moles? You can alter skin color and a lot more. You can also create your own shaping morphs in a modeling program if you learn how. And of course, you can buy almost anything premade, too, that is what the Daz store is all about.
I would maybe start with some morph packs, these can have a variety of specific morphs that can help you dial in the unique character you want. There are tons of them, but one I like is Rarestone's 200 shaping morphs pack. This pack has a ton of stuff, after all, its 200 morphs, and it lets you tweak small details that most other packs might overlook. You can also buy a character for their skin, and use it on another model. Its all up to you.
You are exactly right, I'm still learning about Daz's frame work so didn't know about this till today, I bought my first Pro Olie bundle yesterday and realized that the genital feature included in pro was actually a prop that can be used on other tones, that solved my problem. And for the female, I tried Gordig & servin's advice and bought a $12 geograft from an external site and it worked out like a wonder as well, that is a much economically friendlier option, though require a lot manual work.
Yeah, for females that 3rd party option should be fine. Though the official one can sometimes work better, so I would consider picking up a female pro bundle when one comes along super cheap. Just a few weeks ago they offered Victoria 8 and Michael 8 pro bundles for like $2 each on a one day only sale. So keep an eye out.
For males, the official one may be better, since every male that has the gen mat will support it correctly. 3rd party ones all have to do some tweaking to make it work right. That and most 3rd party ones look completely ridiculous, unless that is what you are going for. You can find additional morphs for the official Daz prop at that 3rd party site, too. And like I said earlier, if you learn how, you can even make your own morphs for that prop.
Speaking of keeping an eye out, I would suggest getting the Daz Deals Browser Add On to help. You can notified when stuff goes on sale. That includes your wishlist, as well as the top discounts for the whole store, and a whole lot more. The add on is a 3rd party browser extension and there are versions for numerous browsers. One of its many features is a price history of items on their store page, which lets you know how often it goes on sale, and if it has been cheaper. It is the single best tool you can have for this place, I absolutely recommend it.
PoserDAZ Freebie Wiki - Image Creation Party 2020So I was hunting old freebies and found a texture for the Vicky2P4 actor that comes with the Victoria 2 package. So this actor is Victoria 2 with the shape of Poser 4 Female body. Kind of the beginings of a clone. Not bad for beinging 17 years old. Rendered in iray. A homage to the classic complaint that all Vicky ever got was skimpwear so she was forced to go fight at the temple.
,,,,,,,Naaah, that 'complaint' would be NVIATWAS

, but we can't show that here, or at the Wiki 


Dear Nice Doggie but you did not see that outfit before I doctored it up. Oh my there was stuff showing everywhere! Would have made Gypsy Rose Lee's mom blush.
Victoria Generations Event : Show me your best Victoria renders!
(image from https://www.daz3d.com/classic-fantasy-warrior-princess by Blondie9999)Hi folks,
I'd very much like to create a live webinar event (it would be free entry - allowing anyone to participate) celebrating the versatility and longevity of the Victoria 4 (and beyond) 3D figures. I think it would be a fun AND a nostalgic event, but it would also underline the fact that some artists are still using this older generation figure and content for a few purposes. For example older generation characters are good for background figures and animation for example (less resource hungry).Widening the subject matter to ANY generation figure of Victoria (we're looking at 20+ years of history) could be good, since looking at some of the very earliest "Millenium Woman" artwork is quite a "blast from the past". Widening the topic like this could help us see the evolution of 3D character figures over the years and also see what artists are creating with current Victoria 8.
I will most likely run this event on Saturday the 1st of August.So here's some questions for you :-
- Do you still use Victoria 4?
- What are some of you favourite Victoria 4 (or later generation) Vicky vendors?
- Do you have some nostalgic or up to date Victoria artwork that we could help celebrate this particular generation character?
Would love to see some of your nostalgic artwork as well as your thoughts on this.
Help Identifying Older V4 Product [Solved ...but Sad]The old RDNA site had a bunch of unique looking helmets by Maveris. This one is called 8509_HelmetS2V3. I believe the name means Sci Fi 2 for Victoria 3, though the readme refers to "Victoria 3, Victoria 2, Stephanie and Stephanie Petite characters"
Good memory! Thank you for solving the mystery @pwiecek ! Oh man... I would have loved that helmet! I'm so sad that it's not available anymore. :(
I did some digging (Google did NOT want to cooperate so it was a bit difficult), but I managed to find a few more images of Maveris's helmets. Such unique stuff! What a talented individual!
Cool stuff. I wish they were still available.
Help Identifying Older V4 Product [Solved ...but Sad]The old RDNA site had a bunch of unique looking helmets by Maveris. This one is called 8509_HelmetS2V3. I believe the name means Sci Fi 2 for Victoria 3, though the readme refers to "Victoria 3, Victoria 2, Stephanie and Stephanie Petite characters"
PoserDAZ Freebie Wiki - Image Creation Party 2020So I was hunting old freebies and found a texture for the Vicky2P4 actor that comes with the Victoria 2 package. So this actor is Victoria 2 with the shape of Poser 4 Female body. Kind of the beginings of a clone. Not bad for beinging 17 years old. Rendered in iray. A homage to the classic complaint that all Vicky ever got was skimpwear so she was forced to go fight at the temple.

Naaah, that 'complaint' would be NVIATWAS

, but we can't show that here, or at the Wiki 
PoserDAZ Freebie Wiki - Image Creation Party 2020So I was hunting old freebies and found a texture for the Vicky2P4 actor that comes with the Victoria 2 package. So this actor is Victoria 2 with the shape of Poser 4 Female body. Kind of the beginings of a clone. Not bad for beinging 17 years old. Rendered in iray. A homage to the classic complaint that all Vicky ever got was skimpwear so she was forced to go fight at the temple.
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret [figures].
most men prefers real womans with curves.
so whats the best skin for large [breasts] that doesnt look like an moon landscape with craters on it?
i guess you need another type of UV mapping?
Last time I looked, women came in various curvy shapes - not a sharp angle in sight.
Any character that has large breast should have had the texture painted on with that shape applied, which should then eliminate the texture stretching; if merchant resources were used then there can be issues.
Textures stretch IRL, too.
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret [figures].
most men prefers real womans with curves.
so whats the best skin for large [breasts] that doesnt look like an moon landscape with craters on it?
i guess you need another type of UV mapping?
Any character that has large breast should have had the texture painted on with that shape applied, which should then eliminate the texture stretching;
That only solves the problem of using that character's textures, though.
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret [figures].
most men prefers real womans with curves.
so whats the best skin for large [breasts] that doesnt look like an moon landscape with craters on it?
i guess you need another type of UV mapping?
Last time I looked, women came in various curvy shapes - not a sharp angle in sight.
Any character that has large breast should have had the texture painted on with that shape applied, which should then eliminate the texture stretching; if merchant resources were used then there can be issues.
LIE Wound pack for Victoria 4 and Micheal 4 (spoiler, Graphic)https://www.daz3d.com/lie-wound-pack
A very cool product. Is there a way to make it work with gen 8 figures?
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret bitches.
most men prefers real womans with curves.
Womanhood is not defined by a body type, and you don't speak for men.
Some of us like smaller Tatas.
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret bitches.
most men prefers real womans with curves.
Womanhood is not defined by a body type, and you don't speak for men.
Whats the best skin for [full-figured characters]?its an shame that the default G8F skin is made for skinny Victoria secret [figures].
most men prefers real womans with curves.
so whats the best skin for large [breasts] that doesnt look like an moon landscape with craters on it?
i guess you need another type of UV mapping?
Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Converter?I see these two products
https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3
https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2
I hope they are the ones and there is a bundle too, maybe I will go for that one.
Yes, they're the ones I was talking about. There's no bundle AFAIK.
I already have the character converter from Genesis 2 to Genesis 8
https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-2-male-to-genesis-8-male-
and the character converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8
https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-3-male-to-genesis-8-male
I think I will be able to master this with a lot of practice.
Is it better to convert M4 to Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 before converting to Genesis 8?
There's no set rule. Sometimes it works a bit better if you go to G2, other times converting from G3 works better, it depends on the character.
Also,
Now there is the question of: La Femme Pro - Female Poser Figure, La Femme Base Figure - Included in Poser Pro 11
Before I got really working a lot in Daz Studio I bought Poser 11 and the Noah L'Homme figure which is based upon the La Fem Pro figure
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/noah-lhomme/140673
Is this La Fem figure based upon any of the Victoria figures?
No, it's a totally different figure.
Is there a way to convert Noah to Genesis?
Not that I know of.




















