-
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread
oh gawwd bad girl eating the pie filling. >.<
felt guilty not making it from scratch anyhoos
Didn't you buy the brand that's guilt-free? *snort*
Pie filling omg yummy!
the most guilt ever
godivaguilt driven visions of aiko-diva on horsies
Godiva is worth being guilty over! ;-P
Best chocolate I ever had was in Paris, a little no-name shop next to the hotel I stayed in. Every bite made me swoon and made my toes curl *blush*
Before Godiva went plebeian and started displaying their product in chain department stores and drugstores all over the US, it was hard to find their chocolates. Back in the '80s and '90s we lived in downtown Washington DC and there was a tiny Godiva store in Union Station (the grand old train station that had been converted to a hoity-toity shopping mall as well as a modern train & bus & subway (Metro) station) We used to take a Metro sidetrip to Union Station just to grab a few Godiva goodies by the piece 'cause that was the only way we could afford them.
Union Station: Washington DC https://www.amtrak.com/stations/was
When I lived in Greenbelt, MD the closest place for Godiva was Needless Markups (Neiman-Marcus). I haven't had Godiva in a long time but I do understand it's not as good as it used to be, which is sad.
Ah, the Netro. Used to take it downtown to the Mall and visit the Smithsonian.. years ago. I love light rail!
...you'd like our system, five lines (including one to the airport) with a sixth in the planning stage. One of the lines travels through a 3 mile long tunnel with one of the deepest underground stations in the world.
Back in the '80s and '90s when I lived in the Washington DC area there was always talk of extending the Metro system out to Dulles airport (25 miles NW of WashDC, outside the "Beltway") but it never happened. But now I've learned that they have finally got (or are building) that extension. That would have been great for me when I lived out it Reston, VA I could have walked to the station. But back when I lived there I had to drive several miles to Falls Church, VA inside the beltway to try to find a parking spot in the always too small parking areas for the Metro. But if doing the Washington DC downtown shopping or Smithsonian museum scene, Metro is the best way to go. Quiet, clean and efficient.
Except for the 4th of July ceremonies on The Mall. Speaking from experience, you don't want to wait until the fireworks are over before heading to the Metro station. You want to leave about half-way through the fireworks to reach the Metro station well before the crowd gets there.
Otherwise you'll have to wait for 3 or 4 (or more) trains to get aboard. And another trick is to head for the station a couple blocks off the Mall, not the one right on The Mall (but make sure you get on a train that is heading TOWARD the mall, not coming FROM it. Duh!!! The situation isn't as bad as Tokyo during rush hour but close. 
...some of the trains here during the commute times are almost getting to Tokyo like crowding (we don't have transit system personnel hired to push people on the trains...yet). People here have taken to using transit instead of driving (thanks in part to many narrow streets in the central neighbourhoods, little if any free parking in the city centre, only three roads across the West Hills to the burbs on the west side, and for some the cost of keeping a roof over your head that takes most of your income).
Just saw the first "3700 series" bus on Friday so another new batch of buses has apparently arrived. Big plans for next year to improve service system wide and lay the final plans for the proposed southwest LRT line. Transit may be the only way to get around the inner area of the city in a few years as they are expecting big population gains here, mostly through migration.
Question about Subway Train by PolishI did a short render and i thinks now it was the central district subway station
You can try these:
https://www.daz3d.com/the-central-district-subway-station
https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-subway-stationThe No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Threadcommuter nightmare comin hope
big flakes falling, my bus skidded, bus! skidded!
i'se paler than a hospital sheet.

...I was on a bus during a sleet and freezing rain storm back in the 60s. When we approached a light that just turned red, the driver hit he brakes and the bus began sliding sideways right towards a railway underpass with bridge supports in the middle of the street. He hit the accelerator and steered into the skid getting the bus to point forwards again narrowly missing the central bridge supports.
There was another time when I was something like 11 or 12 and we had a heavy snowfall. School was called off at mid day and I remember the city bus I was on (one of the old gas powered ones they had - see below) getting stuck in deep snow at a stop and several older passengers got out to help push it actually getting us out and going again.

that is a cute bus.
...yeah we used to have a lot of them they were used on the route that went through my neighboruhood. Actually kind of stylish looking for the day (Milwaukee's fleet entered service in mid to late 40s) and they had real leather seats. Last ones were retired from service in 1967.
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Threadcommuter nightmare comin hope
big flakes falling, my bus skidded, bus! skidded!
i'se paler than a hospital sheet.

...I was on a bus during a sleet and freezing rain storm back in the 60s. When we approached a light that just turned red, the driver hit he brakes and the bus began sliding sideways right towards a railway underpass with bridge supports in the middle of the street. He hit the accelerator and steered into the skid getting the bus to point forwards again narrowly missing the central bridge supports.
There was another time when I was something like 11 or 12 and we had a heavy snowfall. School was called off at mid day and I remember the city bus I was on (one of the old gas powered ones they had - see below) getting stuck in deep snow at a stop and several older passengers got out to help push it actually getting us out and going again.

that is a cute bus.
Released: Easy Teeth for Genesis 8 Males - Morphs and Controls + MR (commercial)https://www.daz3d.com/easy-teeth-for-genesis-8-male-s-and-merchant-resource
The teeth of humans never look exactly the same. Unique characters have different teeth.
Give your Genesis 8 Male based characters some more individuality with adjusting the shape and look of their teeth.
This morph pack contains 122 morph control dials to adjust the teeth. You can adjust each tooth individually. Make them longer, shorter or completely gone to have gaps or adjust their volume. With these morphs you can get many different looks of the teeth for more individuality of your characters.
Included are also morph dials for all teeth, like one to get childish looking teeth or irregular teeth. Morphs to make the upper canines sharp (vampire teeth) are included too.
Rounded up is this product by the included 10 material presets for Iray. Unclean and yellowed teeth, different teeth tones like slightly stained or bleached white teeth, bloody teeth and one preset with gold teeth.
You can of course save all your teeth adjustments as your own shape presets as well to be able to quickly apply your favorite settings later.Overall a very versatile product to make your characters more unique.
This product works with all Genesis 8 Male based characters.This product is also a Merchant Resource you can use to create morphs for your character products.
Merchant Resource Usage:
You may bake your own morphs using the morphs (also mix them) included in this products to include them with your own commercial character products. You may also include the morphs directly (altered or unaltered) to your commercial character products. This product is not a requirement.
Resource Usage should be stated in your product Readme. The image maps/materials of this resource may be used alike (unaltered or altered).
You may not create another merchant resource using this resource or a similar product like another teeth morph/control or teeth material only product.
Using this resource for free products is not allowed as well. The main purpose of this resource is character creation. The usage of this MR is limited to Genesis 8 Male based characters.
- Easy Teeth
- Morph Dials (.DSF):
- All Teeth Irregular
- All Teeth Length Reduce
- Boys Milk Teeth
- Vampire Teeth
- Lower/Upper Teeth Length Reduce
- Lower/Upper Central Incisors Gap
- Upper/Lower Central Incisor L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Lateral Incisor L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Canine L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower First Premolar L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Second Premolar L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower First Molar L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Second Molar L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Third Molar L/R Length Reduce
- Upper/Lower Central Incisor L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Lateral Incisor L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Canine L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower First Premolar L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Second Premolar L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower First Molar L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Second Molar L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Third Molar L/R Longer
- Upper/Lower Central Incisor L/R Rotate L/R
- Upper/Lower Lateral Incisor L/R Rotate L/R
- Upper/Lower L/R Central Incisor Width
- Upper/Lower L/R Lateral Incisor Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R Canine Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R First Premolar Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R Second Premolar Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R First Molar Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R Second Molar Volume Reduce
- Upper/Lower L/R Third Molar Volume Reduce
- Shaping Presets (.DUF):
- Reset Easy Teeth Morphs
- Teeth Irregular
- Boys Milk Teeth
- Vampire Teeth
- Material Options (.DUF):
- 10 Easy Teeth Materials
- 03 Gloss Options
- MR Useage Document (.PDF)
- Textures Include:
- 30 Texture, Bump and Normal Maps (2048 x 2048 up to 4096 x 4096)
- Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)
https://www.daz3d.com/easy-teeth-for-genesis-8-male-s-and-merchant-resource
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Threadcommuter nightmare comin hope
big flakes falling, my bus skidded, bus! skidded!
i'se paler than a hospital sheet.

...I was on a bus during a sleet and freezing rain storm back in the 60s. When we approached a light that just turned red, the driver hit he brakes and the bus began sliding sideways right towards a railway underpass with bridge supports in the middle of the street. He hit the accelerator and steered into the skid getting the bus to point forwards again narrowly missing the central bridge supports.
There was another time when I was something like 11 or 12 and we had a heavy snowfall. School was called off at mid day and I remember the city bus I was on (one of the old gas powered ones they had - see below) getting stuck in deep snow at a stop and several older passengers got out to help push it actually getting us out and going again.
Can someone help me find a chariot?Another progress report - can you let me know which of the holes (left/small or right/big) you prefer? (I'm planning to smooth out the kinks a little so don't worry about those).
I haven't redone the hitch yet so ignore that (and the way I went nuts with the shaders :p )
On the hitch subject - do you want a central t-shape like in the later pic? And I asked earlier but: moveable like in the demo, or fixed to the undercarriage like in the later pics?
WOW!!! That is really looking awesome! OMG! I love it so much!
I like the one on the right!!!! The one with the larger holes. And to be honest... I kinda LIKE the kinks. I think it looks more like it's been "used" and made by ancient people to me or something. I like it.

And on the hitch -- I wasn't sure what you were asking last time and I'm not sure now! LOL But the hitch should probably run under the carriage and be a bit "thicker" to support the size/weight of THIS carriage... Get what I mean? Like in this pic:
But everything looks amazing so far! Great job!
I really can't wait! This is so nice of you!!! Thank you so much!!! Gotcha - should be able to get this done today, but no promises - depends on baby's schedule (still waiting) ;)
Can someone help me find a chariot?Another progress report - can you let me know which of the holes (left/small or right/big) you prefer? (I'm planning to smooth out the kinks a little so don't worry about those).
I haven't redone the hitch yet so ignore that (and the way I went nuts with the shaders :p )
On the hitch subject - do you want a central t-shape like in the later pic? And I asked earlier but: moveable like in the demo, or fixed to the undercarriage like in the later pics?
WOW!!! That is really looking awesome! OMG! I love it so much!
I like the one on the right!!!! The one with the larger holes. And to be honest... I kinda LIKE the kinks. I think it looks more like it's been "used" and made by ancient people to me or something. I like it.

And on the hitch -- I wasn't sure what you were asking last time and I'm not sure now! LOL But the hitch should probably run under the carriage and be a bit "thicker" to support the size/weight of THIS carriage... Get what I mean? Like in this pic:
But everything looks amazing so far! Great job!
I really can't wait! This is so nice of you!!! Thank you so much!!! Can someone help me find a chariot?Another progress report - can you let me know which of the holes (left/small or right/big) you prefer? (I'm planning to smooth out the kinks a little so don't worry about those).
I haven't redone the hitch yet so ignore that (and the way I went nuts with the shaders :p )
On the hitch subject - do you want a central t-shape like in the later pic? And I asked earlier but: moveable like in the demo, or fixed to the undercarriage like in the later pics?
Iray Ghost Light Kit 2: Render and Support Thread [Commercial]I mostly use the dome and sphere props from Ghost light 2, for lighting a central figure in a scene or throwing more light into dimly lit parts of mid-sized sets.
So, where's that content guide again?Hi folks,
So, I'm setting up DAZ/Carrara on a fresh install of Windows, and am having trouble finding a guide I'd seen on here in the past.
My goal is to basically keep one central location for all my Genesis characters and related content that can then be 'shared' between DAZStudio and Carrara. In the past, I've ended up having redundant copies of it on my system because I'd install it through DAZ but then was unable to get it to load correctly into Carrara, or vice-versa.
There's so much information regarding content in DS and Carrara that it's become difficult (for me anyway) to parse out the bits that I actually need
.
Thanks!Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"It was 60 on Wednesday here in central Massachusetts, and there are 4-6" of snow forecast for tomorrow...
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread...bugger, how'd I miss this?
Rezca, Happy belated 27th trip around our central main sequence stellar primary.
Invite suggestions for character sets for people of Central American heritageHate it when prices change when assembling my cart! I think a vendor or two must have rotated off the sale list while I was searching around. Here is a product that I thought I might be able to use as a base, or blend with other products, or otherwise help with my project. Then the price skyrocketed after I had loaded it in my cart.
That's a shame. Personally think those two make great starting points for Central American characters, especially if you drop their V/M7 component down to about 50%
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10Apparently the person who did the glitches a few days ago is still employed. As mentioned in the Sale thread, it's glitch city again. (No not free, but just as bad. It's the new releases that are affected this time.) Edit- oh man, and in the cart, some of them are going to 82% depending on what is tested.
Yeh, most of our stores are going for next to nothing right now. It must be a glitch or reset.

Several of us are frankly wondering if the person actually did get fired, and others don't know what to do. Why on earth would they be messing with the store at around 7:30-8pm (central time) anyway? None of this makes sense.
Invite suggestions for character sets for people of Central American heritageThis https://www.daz3d.com/mayan-adventure-bundle is about as close as it gets to anything Central American in the daz store. And it is woefully inaccurate.
Invite suggestions for character sets for people of Central American heritageThank you for the pics, Diva and nonesuch. Wonderful! I was actually hoping for character suggestions from the Daz store, like we have for people whose heritage is from East Asia and Sub Saharan Africa. However, the pic suggestions are also most welcome.
Many ethnic groups wear folk costumes for the St. Patrick's Day parade near me, including people from Central and South America. When I get this project done, I'd love to revisit some of them. The yet-to-do list just keeps growing. Here is one of my favorites from St. Patrck's Day. Too cute!
Invite suggestions for character sets for people of Central American heritageI don't know anything about the region, really, but the "traditional dress" of the Panama area looks really interesting and fun. :)
Invite suggestions for character sets for people of Central American heritageHave a project that includes several people of Central American heritage. While the region has had migrations from all over the world, the particular characters in this project are primarily descended from people residing in the region before 1492 even though they don't live there during the setting of the project. Think Guatemala, but includes Central America more generally. Curious to hear suggestions for character sets, shaping morphs, skin materials, and other resources in the Daz store. Suggestions welcome for both females and males.
Iray Light Probe Kit - Support and render thread (Commercial)Late last year, I released my unidirectional diffuse lighting kit (Iray ghost light kit). I put together this kit to bridge a problem that heavy duty path tracing render engines, and that's heavy duty render times. ILPK is geared towards the same purpose, in a slightly different way. Even with my previous sets, large areas are very difficult to light evenly, often resorting to countless duplications and a lot of separate elements to keep track of.
ILPK is a collection of spheres, rigged to one central hub, forming a small network. These spheres can be dotted around your scene by hand, or with the help of preset poses. Once the ILPK network fills out your scene, it will bathe it in balanced ambient light. Each probe can be controlled manually, or the probes can be changed uniformly. With only one central lighting hub to worry about, you can change your scene colour and intensity all in one place.
If you have questions, need support, or as always, want to post some snaps!? Please do so here. You can also PM me privately or contact the email address given in the documentation if you prefer.














