• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Beta testers for DAZ Studio metadata plugin

    I don't have the experience you require, but if your solution is easy to use with clear concepts that make it obvious what metadata is and does, I'd buy it on day one.

    Edit: And if it can make content purchased in other stores appear as "first class citizens", even better...

    By

    TheMysteryIsThePoint TheMysteryIsThePoint January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How to manage thousands of products ?

    PPehrson said:

    Nice tool. It has flaws, though:

    - Importing product data from DIM export csvs result in a .NET exception, no matter how you choose to export (Windows 11 22H2).

    @PPehrson I think I know what you mean now with the CSVs - it's the Tools > Manage File Data feature you have tried.  That is actually an experimental feature currently supposed to be hidden which I somehow forgot to hide after working on it.  Now that it's been exposed here's some documention for its current features and how to import data correctly:

    https://taosoft.dk/software/pm-daz/help/Manage File Data/index.htm

    By

    Taoz Taoz January 2023 in The Commons
  • Beta testers for DAZ Studio metadata plugin

    SofaCitizen said:

    What kind of experience are you looking for? I have fixed a few lost+found items before but I am sure that most people that use Smart Content have also done that. I've also "hacked" a few dsx files to fix the categories at source (since in my use case with both a Mac and Windows machine I "re-import metadata" quite often).

    Also, if you are making a script/plugin/tool for sorting the Metadata mess are you open to feature suggestions? For example, I am sure that several of the lost+found items can be auto-categoried (or atleast auto-suggested) based on the pathname. In addition, I still have a bunch of Female figures incorrectly categoried as Male - this is probably my fault as they were third-party products installed via Content Wizard and no doubt I messed something up - however, having a tool that can pick them out and offer to fix them for me would be nice.

    That's just the kind of experience I'm looking for, thank you.

    My main goal has been user productivity/efficiency, so I'm keen to get feedback on that but I'm definitely open to suggestions (within reason). If you can PM me your details I'll respond there.

     

    By

    cridgit cridgit January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Beta testers for DAZ Studio metadata plugin

    What kind of experience are you looking for? I have fixed a few lost+found items before but I am sure that most people that use Smart Content have also done that. I've also "hacked" a few dsx files to fix the categories at source (since in my use case with both a Mac and Windows machine I "re-import metadata" quite often).

    Also, if you are making a script/plugin/tool for sorting the Metadata mess are you open to feature suggestions? For example, I am sure that several of the lost+found items can be auto-categoried (or atleast auto-suggested) based on the pathname. In addition, I still have a bunch of Female figures incorrectly categoried as Male - this is probably my fault as they were third-party products installed via Content Wizard and no doubt I messed something up - however, having a tool that can pick them out and offer to fix them for me would be nice.

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Beta testers for DAZ Studio metadata plugin

    Since DAZ Studio first shipped with metadata in late 2011 many of us started using Smart Content and organizing our own content with custom metadata. But there is the issue of inconsistency, errors and that infernal Lost and Found category. As you know metadata for older products will unlikely be udpated, and there are occasional errors coming through for new products.

    The DAZ Studio metadata editor can be a bit clunky at times, so I've been working on a more powerful metadata editor with automated error checking. I'm looking for a few folks with some metadata editing experience to beta test. Please DM me if interested.

     

    By

    cridgit cridgit January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DS library overflow - how to fix?

    clivewil2 said:

    i'd really like to be able to browse an entire folder if possible.

    You can, but not with 'smart' content.

    The Content Library->DAZ Studio Formats shows you the files in their actual (real world) locations, and if they don't fit on one page, you get more pages 

    Whatever the 'smart' content shows, is a virtual representation based on metadata (which can also be faulty)

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Why Genesis 9 JCMs are so unrealistic ?

    HighElf said:

    kervala said:

    nakamuram002 said:

    On Nov 16, 2022, I submitted a Service Ticket regarding G9F's shin, thigh, and elbow bending deficiencies (there are probably others, but those were obvious and a good place to start).  So far, no word on my Ticket.  I will not use G9F unless it is equal or superior to G8F in basic joint bending - I do not want a model that is only good for portraits.  Maybe it is better if DAZ leaves G9F the way it is, that way I will not have to spend any $$$ on it.

    These are the bend shots that I submitted with my Ticket.  In each shot, G8 is on the left and G9 is on the right.

    Yep, I agree with you. I could understand they wouldn't create JCMs for Genesis 9 base, but for official sold characters such as Victoria 9...

    Btw I uploaded my screenshots on my server and put a link to them in my first post :)

    I think I'll have to create my own JCMs for G9 :(

     

    What does JCM stand for, and how do you do that? I have generally trouble creating morphs and such in Blender. For some reason, the scaling goes nuts in DAZ when I reimport with the morph loader.

    JCM stands for Joint Corrective Morphs, they are morphs that are applied to fix the deformations when some members are rotated, some of them are more realistic than other ones.

    Zev0 even improved them for Genesis 8 (see https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-8-female-s-46267) but there are not yet equivalent for G9 :(

    When you import with Morph Loader Pro, are you sure you have "Reverse Deformations" on ? It should revert the pose and other morphs you enabled :)

     

    By

    kervala kervala January 2023 in The Commons
  • Remixing your art with AI

    outrider42 said:

    This is from Stability's FAQ page:

    "Can artists opt-in or opt-out to include their work in the training data?

    There was no opt-in or opt-out for the LAION 5b model data. It is intended to be a general representation of the language-image connection of the Internet.

    In the future, for other models, we are building an opt-in and opt-out system for artists and others that services can use in partnership with leading organisations. This model learns from principles, so the outputs are not direct replicas of any single piece."

    Thus they explicitly verify that their training data contains images used without permission. Plus Stability is based off of Stable Diffusion, which also documented this fact. LAION 5b was trained on 5.8 billion images without any consent or knowledge of the artists. 5 billion is what the "5b" stands for in case anybody was wondering. This is the exact same model that Stable Diffusion uses, and a lot of the AI generators are based on this.

    And that is another difference between a human and AI. No human can realistically consume 5.8 billions images and then replicate the style of every single artist those images come from.

    Besides that, local laws will always supersede any EULA or terms from a contract. Like in the EU, regardless of what global return policy a company has, you can return almost any item because of their consumer laws. So Stability can say anything they want about it being public domain. Local law can override this, and they have admitted their training data contains unauthorized images.

    Keep in mind that Stability AI has a paid subscription fee. So while you may not monetize the images you create, Stability AI absolutely does monetize their platform. This fact could very well cause them trouble soon.

    This, all of it.

     

    Did you seek consent from living artists or work still under copyright?

    No. There isn’t really a way to get a hundred million images and know where they’re coming from. It would be cool if images had metadata embedded in them about the copyright owner or something. But that's not a thing; there's not a registry. There’s no way to find a picture on the Internet, and then automatically trace it to an owner and then have any way of doing anything to authenticate it.

    David Holz, CEO of Midjourney, quoted from Forbes interview (source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2022/09/16/midjourney-founder-david-holz-on-the-impact-of-ai-on-art-imagination-and-the-creative-economy/?sh=28ede0f62d2b )

    I don't care what AI users tell themselves to justify this and feel better about what they're doing, it's wrong and there's no way to make it right other than scrape the whole current database and start over. I found a lot of my pre-2019 Daz renders in the LAION-5B database searching "HaveIBeenTrained" by searching for nothing but Daz, Daz3d and DazStudio and then following the trail of images similar to results (never entered my name or uploaded an image), it didn't take long before my own images showed up, and all of them with my logo and copyright info on them. From what i can tell by quoted links most of them were lifted off Deviantart/Wix. It only makes me not want to create and post online anymore. Who are the victims? Every single artist who got overrun by the influx of AI spam online, every single person whose images are in the databse. We can't be so warped out of sense of ethics and morals that even consent means nothing in 2022/2023 anymore.

    By

    valzheimer valzheimer January 2023 in Art Studio
  • Been a while

    Beware a new MacBook Pro comes with the latest macOS, currently Version 14 "Ventura". 

    Hexagon will not run on macOS 10.15+ ( "Catalina" and above )  More info in the Hexagon forum. ( https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/599861/hexagon-alternative-on-mac-as-it-is-no-longer-supported-compatible-with-mac#latest )

    Carrara 8.5 Pro does run on macOS 10.15+ as has been reported on several threads in this forum. However there are compatibility issues e.g. with the OpenFileDialog. ( https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/589456/mac-catalina-and-later-image-import-script#latest )

    Also AFAIK it does not run on a mac with a M1 or M2 processor. ( https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/603596/installing-on-macbook )

    The advice is to stay on macOS 10.14 "Mojave" or use it as a guest OS in a VirtualMachine (e.g. Parallels)

    By

    RuudL RuudL January 2023 in Carrara Discussion
  • Import body morphs from DAZ Studio to Blender

    3WC said:

    Yes, that would do it. A Genesis 3 morph won't work on Genesis 8.

     I tried to import a Genesis 3 Female DSF but it's the same thing, it still doesn't work..

    By

    Cornelius Cornelius January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Import body morphs from DAZ Studio to Blender

    OK in the "Browse Mesh Data" section it says Genesis 3 Female, which is the origin of the figure.
    The OBJ file to import and take morphs from is for Genesis 8 Female. Maybe this is the cause?
    Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I've always used DAZ Studio and I've only recently known Blender..

    By

    Cornelius Cornelius January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • How do I make custom morphs for higher sub division levels?

    Gordig said:

    lilweep said:

    unless youre a PA you have to bake the high res detail into a displacement map

    How does one do that? I'm utterly failing at Google right now, and all the results I'm finding are how to do the reverse.

    Im no expert but i guess just do these two things:

    1. sculpt whatever detail you want at high res (there is no limit here so can go high as you want) in sculpting software like Blender etc

    2. Use xnormal (it is easier to use and faster than blender tbh) to bake these high res details into a map to use in Daz:

    1. Import your high res sculpt obj (as High Definition Mesh)
    2. Import your genesis figure obj (as Low Definition Mesh).  Note: you might have to use a high SubD genesis when baking displacement, unless you can figure out how to smooth a low subd base mesh in xnormal, which i was never able to figure out how to do.
    3. run the ray distance calculation which will cast rays to see what min and max distances are between the high res sculpt and the genesis base
    4. copy those distances and then add some extra wiggle room on top of them
    5. Bake out a height map (I usually use the Raw FP values, and use 32 bit EXR). Afterwards, i would add a 50% gray on top to get a mid-gray level displacement map to use in Daz Studio.

    I kind of skipped a step between 1 and 2 as it is usually best to make a 'combined UV' for texture baking (i.e., where you cram all the relevant genesis UDIMs onto a single UV). This 'combined UV' will allow you to do one bake for the whole figure and i guess it might help with artefacts at the UDIM seams.  Afterwards, e.g., in Photoshop, you can split out the combined UV into separate UDIMs.  Of course, becuase you will be splitting the combined UV into individual UDIM tiles, you would need to arrange the 'combined UV' such that it would allow you to easily split it up afterwards, so in other words stacking each UDIM one after each other etc.

     

    By the way, this process described is for baking high-res detail.  For any macro details, that should really be done by morph loader pro.

    By

    lilweep lilweep January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • The file that broke the customers back. going for a custom library

    marcus.ames said:

    All the time you spend bickering and micromanaging Daz folders could just as easily be spent editing the metadata of your third-party content so that it, too, shows up in smart content - which your arguments about the excessive advertisement, labirynths, and misspellings in the file structure
    also apply to, in some cases even worse.

    Considering the state that metadata usually is in and that logging in to work with DAZ does wonders - just not the good version - to my workflow, bickering and micromanaging feels the easier way to solve those problems, thank you very much.

    By

    maikdecker maikdecker January 2023 in The Commons
  • Import body morphs from DAZ Studio to Blender

    Padone said:

    shape keys > join as shapes

     Sorry but I think some steps are missing. From where should I select and import my morphs which again are OBJ and DSF files?

    By

    Cornelius Cornelius January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • The file that broke the customers back. going for a custom library

    Daz makes software and character framework.

    Vendors are separate small businesses that have to build followings and compete with one another, and that necessitates brand recognition beyond just Daz.

    Every store you go to, brands are clumped together within their categories. Everything around your house has a logo and offers sponsorships, buys up stadium names, throws ads on every web page, paper page, and TV program you see. You'd think some names in the folder structure would be the least intrusive advertising you're subjected to on a daily basis, especially given that the file structure is invisible if you use smart content correctly.

    All the time you spend bickering and micromanaging Daz folders could just as easily be spent editing the metadata of your third-party content so that it, too, shows up in smart content - which your arguments about the excessive advertisement, labirynths, and misspellings in the file structure also apply to, in some cases even worse.

    By

    Korpin.Sulat Korpin.Sulat January 2023 in The Commons
  • Is anyone using Nvidia's Omniverse yet?

    LFA said:

    Luv Lee said:

    LFA said:

    Hello everyone,

    I've learned from a YT user that a 'connector' was announced during CES 2022 in January.

    At present time, the basic workflow is the use Omniverse 'Create' to convert fbx assets to USD. In that application, it is possible to assemble and render a complete scene using DAZ assets and Iray shaders. As Wintoons said, there is no issue with DAZ shaders, except for the cornea, as it is the only shader that need a fix by setting Opacity as 0 (You find all surfaces inside the 'Looks' node). From there, you can import into any Omniverse application. In this scenario, still renders will work perfectly with either RTX, Iray or Path Tracing. Also from my tests, animations are not there yet. The matter of fact, I am currently testing DAZ body and facial animations in Machinima, and I have found a small issue. DAZ body animations work fairly in both Create and Machinima, only if the animation file is saved correctly. What I mean by that is, in Create, there are noticeable minor deformations from the original animation file, such as arms rotations may be slightly different. To accomplish that, I have just found out that, in Create, save the (FBX) animation file as *USD using the option: 'Save Flattened As...' instead of 'Save As...'. The USD file will work in both Create and Machinima with slight deviations in the arm joints.

    Below is a short video showing my very first scene in Create, a very basic one. 

     

    Regards,

    Luciano

    That looks amazing-- I have had great success with iClone--I just wish we had straight access from DAZ into it as I know not everyone wants to splurge on that--physics too, although I am be getting greedy. Here's an iClone Daz/Omniverse render:  https://vimeo.com/748574758

     

    https://vimeo.com/748574758

    Beautiful render, good work.

    RL products are fully compatible with Omniverse and Real Time rendering. The biggest flaw with DAZ figures is the JCM feature that only works in DAZ. Limbs will become slightly misaligned in Omniverse.

    I hope that announcement to be released next week will reveal something cool in this direction.

    Sorry for the late response, for some reason I f don't get notifications when people reply, even when I check the box for it :-)  and thank you -- fingers are crossed they will give us real access in 2023.

    By

    Luv Lee Luv Lee January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Import body morphs from DAZ Studio to Blender

    Hello everyone! I don't know if the topic has already been addressed in other discussions but I still felt the need to post my request here.
    So, I have a model of a female figure for Blender to which I would like to make a modification to the body to make it more curvy. I have some OBJ and DSF format morphs that work well in DAZ Studio and I wondered, if it is possible to transfer one of these morphs into Blender and apply it on the model's body shape.
    I hope you can give me a hand..! Thanks in advance!

    By

    Cornelius Cornelius January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • How to manage thousands of products ?

    PPehrson said:

    Taoz said:

    Here's an offline database (Windows) for all your DAZ products with DS Product Library integration (locate any installed DAZ product with a couple of clicks).  DS Library integration requires DS 4.12.1.117 or later and that your products are installed with DIM, currently no Connect support (may possibly come later).  Free up to 250 products.

    http://taosoft.dk/software/pm-daz/

    A couple of demo videos:

    (this is from the current build, with improved search (AND plus EXCLUDE), not released yet)
    https://www.screencast.com/t/kQ4u0UF4ohD
    (current public release, showing DS integration)
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ofZEsVpkwyN

    Nice tool. It has flaws, though:

    - Importing product data from DIM export csvs result in a .NET exception, no matter how you choose to export (Windows 11 22H2).

    It doesn't import DIM CSVs, but the manifest files generated by DIM when installing your products (those in DIM's ManifestFiles folder).  And you only have to import them if you want to store them in the database also, otherwise you just set the path to the ManifestFiles folder once, and that's it. 

    As for the rest, yes it has its limitations, but it does the job for me which mainly is collecting data, so take it or leave it.  But after my experiences with the DAZ and the Renderosity product managers I think I'm done with writing software that depends on other people's websites or software.  It's a nightmare of constant updating (in 8 years now) when they do something that breaks the programs, perhaps unrecoverably.  Not to mention the staggering lack of data consistency in the 3D content world which can drive you nuts sometimes. 

    So I'm seriously considering stopping selling the DAZ and Renderosity product managers, and then refund or compensate those who already have purchased them in some way. 

    Instead I'm considering writing a general content database which can import data from the other programs and other sources, as well as manually.  Mostly because I need one myself, to have all my stuff in one database (I agree that's how it should be).  I practically never use free content anyway and the small amount of content I have from other sites than DAZ and Rendo isn't a big deal to import manually.  But no collection of data from websites, too much of a hassle with getting that to work and maintain it (which is probably why the other programs you mention are no longer being updated).

    By

    Taoz Taoz January 2023 in The Commons
  • [Solved] How to rig and save new clothes for GF9 AND Victoria 9?

    SOLVED

    After some final tests with "dialed" and saved GF9 models, I would like to thank all participants in this thread - especially barbult - for their suggestions and tips!

    As promised, I have created a .pdf file on the topic (hope the upload as attachment works)

    For the curious, here is an excerpt of the file:

    -----------------------------------------

    The whole problem ultimately boils down to 2 points that you need to consider:
    1. Avoid the "gender trap"
    The best and easiest way to model clothing that will later fit the GF9 Base, Victoria 9 and all "dialed" GF9 shapes is to use the Genesis 9 Base character. (i.e. the one that shows up once you open the "Genesis 9" folder). When you have created your garment for Genesis 9 Base, you can import the object and use the "Transfer Utility" in the usual way to rig your work. Once you have saved the garment as a "Follower" you can use it with any GF9 character and shape you want.
    Step by Step:
    • Modell your garment to fit the Genesis 9 base character
    • Load the Genesis 9 base character and import your garment
    • Be sure that nothing is selected in the "Scene" pane and open the "Transfer Utility" (Main menu ➔ Edit ➔ Object ➔ Transfer Utility ...)
    • Select "Genesis 9" as source and choose "Current" as "Item Shape" (Source). You maybe can use "Default" as "Item Shape", but the "Current" works for me well.
    • Select your garment as "Target" ("Default" shape).
    • Select a "Projection Template" like "Bodysuite Loose Template" or "Bodysuite Tight Template"
    • Mark the option "Add Smoothing Modifier" and hit "Accept"
    • Save your garment as a "Follower".
    2. Avoid the G9 Bug (DAZ Version 4.21.0.5)
    Make sure that nothing is selected in the "Scene" pane before you start the "Transfer Utility"! The Studio App freezes or crashes when the imported garment is selected. This may be fixed in future Studio versions.

     

    If you follow these two pieces of advice, you should have no problems creating your own clothes for GF9 models and Victoria 9.

    -----------------------------

    I'm leaving this thread open in case anyone wants to comment or has questions.

    Once again, thank you all!

     

    By

    Pushee-Ri Pushee-Ri January 2023 in The Commons
  • Cannot Export/Import OBJ for Clothing Morph - "Geometry Does Not Match"

    Have you checked the Blender import settings? I'm betting that was the first thing you checked but sometimes we forget.

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.