• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Mirroring JCMs from Left to Right

    lilweep said:

    crosswind said:

    You may use mcasual's mcjMirrorMorph script to mirror a JCM. Not fast but could be done~

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjmirrormorph

     By the looks of things, that script will just make a symmetrical morph on either side, but it wont set up the JCM's ERC links.  So... if i have to do each morph separately and still have to create all JCM links anyway then might as well just do it using Morph Loader Pro mirror options.

    The mirrored import thru Morph Loader Pro cannot automatically create the ERC link and needed controller either, you still have to manually set up one by one~

    By

    crosswind crosswind January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • What building asset is this?

    kyoto kid said:

    ...Wendy, what did you use to animate that with?  The motion, particularly the walk cycles, looked very good.  

    as I said, Twinmotion

    those people, cars and bike riders are included and follow paths

    and no sadly you cannot import animated DAZ people (or any other animated files)

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz January 2023 in The Commons
  • Will the Animation side of DAZ ever get attention?

    Dartanbeck said:

    I second this. It was easier for me to overcome the shortcomings of DS's lack of proper anim tools than to continue dicking around trying to figure out what to do. Blender is truly amazing but you have to admit that it has a lot of its own absurdity to overcome.

    Blender has potential as a DAZ animation tool, but as I said earlier, I want to drive the car, not become a mechanic. Cascadeur looks like it's a bit more targeted to this job. Right now I'm trying to get a grip on the basics. Personally I find iClone's pose tool to be easy enough to use, but iClone's not ideal at import/export.

    By

    laststand laststand January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • about sculpting in Blender

    Masterstroke said:

    If I want to import a mesh from DS into Blender and sculpting new details into it, does this mesh will loose its UV coordinates? 
    Iknow, it does happen in zbrush.
    So what about Blender?

     

    Good question and something I had also wondered about because I am clueless when it comes to creating UV maps. I have often thought that I would like to add details to clothing such as shirts that open or zips that unzip. We often get shirts with buttons but most of them do not open - same for zips. However, this kind of modification causes a whole new world of complexity what with UV re-mapping and transferring rigging, etc.

    Whether it is ZBrush or Blender or Marvelous Designer we are faced with the same problems.

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic: Python Error Saving G8 Pose Preset *SOLVED*

    Padone,

    Hope you can help me with this one.

    I get Python errors in the Diffeomorphic scripts folder whenever I try to save a G8 figure's pose (Rigify) to a preset file. I see this happen for both G8M and G8F, and also with G8.1F. I started seeing this after moving to the Differomorphic 1.7 version.

    To recreate the problem:

    1. Export G8F to Diffeomrophic (as DBZ) with Daz 4.21.0.5 64-bit version.
    2. In Blender, load via Easy Import. Select Rigirify system.
    3. Save to a new Blend file.
    4. Diffeomrophic -> Save Pose Preset (use default settings).
    5. Blender displays a log error window.

    Relevant file attachments:

    • G8F Daz DUF
    • G8F_EasyImport.jpg (import settings)
    • G8F_SavePose (default settings)
    • SavePosePreset_Error.txt
    • SavePosePreset_SystemInfo.txt

    Cheers!

    By

    csaa csaa January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Daz's not treating the door as a hole in the mesh [SOLVED]

    pretty much, that's my problem!

    any ideas why there's no door opening in Daz, like there is in Blender?

    Blender

    DAZ

     

    Is it the odd geometry i wonder?

    tried to make it with as low quads as possible. 

    These are my OBJ Export Settings:

    These, my OBJ Import Settings (in Daz)

    By

    RichardM RichardM January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Gen 8 items don't show when filter by content is checked

    No, the issue that has affected a few people was a newly isntalled product that took the place of Genesis 8 Female as the base of the compatibility, instead of marking itself compatible with as it should have. If you haven't installed anything (or updated metadata) since this started then it probably isn't the issue.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Gen 8 items don't show when filter by content is checked

    If the compatibility is failing try reinstalling the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials - it may be that something with bad metadata chnaged the figure's identity, reinstalling should generally fix that.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Iris Flower ?

    felis said:

    Would this work?

    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/3d-iris-flowers/104607?AID=4987

     

    I saw that, was a bit concerned that it was originally made for DAZ 3. A bit old. In the end I bought a couple iris bouquets on CG trader. Of course, now I have to import the fbx files and manually apply the textures to every flower, but they look pretty good.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper January 2023 in Product Suggestions
  • Iris Flower ?

    memcneil70 said:

    @lou_harper, I have the Water Iris also.

    Did a search in the store and one of HowieFarkes Carrara Sets has an Iris in it, https://www.daz3d.com/maple-meadows it is old, SKU 8138 and I don't know if you could render it in Carrara and import it into DAZ or not?

    Finally found a DAZ Iris in a package by Gendragon3D and JeffersonAF, https://www.daz3d.com/variety-of-beautiful-plants-vol-2

    I tried to see if there was another name or something for the common Iris, but no luck. I did find out that the complete plant, petals to bulb is poison. Didn't know that. Pretty flower though, but absolutely would not have around kids or pets.

    Mary

     So many plants are not safe around pets.

    Not exactly what I was looking for but it is very useful. I don't know how you found it because I couldn't. Thank you.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper January 2023 in Product Suggestions
  • Encapsulation in Daz3D scenes

    Hello,

    I have been exploring Daz3D Studio and have a question. I have a character which I would like to use across multiple scenes.

    1) I would like to be able to design my character then save it (e.g. add hair, and clothes).

    2) Import my design into several scenes where I can pose it

    3) Be able to update the original character design (e.g. change hair for another hair) and then open up my scenes (and scene subsets) that I have imported the original character design into and see the new hair style reflected in there immeadiately.

    Is this something that is possible in Daz3D Studio? I have heard about scene subsets, however when testing this out by changing the hair style, I did not see that reflected in another scene subset that imported the original one. Is there another feature that can do what I am looking for, or am I using scene subsets wrong and it should be possible, or is this something that is just not possible in the software and I have just wishful thinking?

    By

    j1993rendering j1993rendering January 2023 in New Users
  • Iris Flower ?

    @lou_harper, I have the Water Iris also.

    Did a search in the store and one of HowieFarkes Carrara Sets has an Iris in it, https://www.daz3d.com/maple-meadows it is old, SKU 8138 and I don't know if you could render it in Carrara and import it into DAZ or not?

    Finally found a DAZ Iris in a package by Gendragon3D and JeffersonAF, https://www.daz3d.com/variety-of-beautiful-plants-vol-2

    I tried to see if there was another name or something for the common Iris, but no luck. I did find out that the complete plant, petals to bulb is poison. Didn't know that. Pretty flower though, but absolutely would not have around kids or pets.

    Mary

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 January 2023 in Product Suggestions
  • Issues with OBJ importing

    felis said:

    You are reading the surfaces, but if DS don't include them, so there might be some mismatch in obj forrmat.

    But if you are happy with the FBX import it is good.

    Else I would try to import it in blender and see how it is there.

    You can even request Blender conversion on CG Trader, but I've never used Blender before. I feel that between DAZ and Photoshop I'm spending enough time on the compter already. :P  Anyway, I'm content with this solution. Thanks for all the advices.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Issues with OBJ importing

    You are reading the surfaces, but if DS don't include them, so there might be some mismatch in obj forrmat.

    But if you are happy with the FBX import it is good.

    Else I would try to import it in blender and see how it is there.

    By

    felis felis January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Issues with OBJ importing

    This is the obh import settings I used.

    When I imported as fbx it all loaded as a big jumble but all the flowers and the vase are separated objects with all the appropriate surfaces. So I'm going with that.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Issues with OBJ importing

    I bought a bouquet if Irises on CG Trader. I've had mixed experiences in the past but it was cheap.

    I can import the obj file fine, but have trouble applying the textures. There are only two texture zones and one of them is the inside of the vase. Meanwhile, the texture files are several separate images. If I apply one of them, like a petal, to the Base Color, it applies to all the surfaces.

    Is there any way to fix this?

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • about sculpting in Blender

    Cris Palomino said:

    Masterstroke said:

    If I want to import a mesh from DS into Blender and sculpting new details into it, does this mesh will loose its UV coordinates? 
    Iknow, it does happen in zbrush.
    So what about Blender?

    As with ZBrush, you need to use methods and tools that do not add geometry and only reshape it. 

    In fact, my purpose is to add geometry, not just doing morphs.

    So will UV coordinates get lost then as in zbrush?

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • about sculpting in Blender

    Masterstroke said:

    If I want to import a mesh from DS into Blender and sculpting new details into it, does this mesh will loose its UV coordinates? 
    Iknow, it does happen in zbrush.
    So what about Blender?

    As with ZBrush, you need to use methods and tools that do not add geometry and only reshape it. 

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • about sculpting in Blender

    If I want to import a mesh from DS into Blender and sculpting new details into it, does this mesh will loose its UV coordinates? 
    Iknow, it does happen in zbrush.
    So what about Blender?

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • New computer using old Daz library possible?

    If you want to backup your modified metadata you need to go to the hamburger menu in Smart Content, click Content DB Maintenance, click the export option and accept. This will export all that into a UserData.dsx file that will be exported to the runtime/Support folder of your primary base folder.

    Then you should be able to take that drive, pop it into the new computer and set the base folder which should mean that you can see all your installed products via the other content pane. In order to add the Smart Content to the new machine you would go into that Content DB Maintenance section again but this time pick "Process metadata queue" and "Re-import metadata". This will then give you a list of all your known products (that have been installed correctly) as well as the "UserData" from before sitting at the top. Everything should be checked by default so just hit accept and it will go through all those DSX file and re-add everything to the Smart Content on your new machine.

    Depending on your hardware and number of products it may take a while. As a very rough guess based on your library size and the use of an internal HD it'd probably be no more than 6-8 mins.

    Don't forget to also hook up the correct drive/folder target(s) in DIM on the new PC also.

     

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.