-
SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3
nonesuch00 said:
As usual I was lazy getting started and so was delayed getting another ticket for us customers wrote; but that is done now and the it is Request #381366. I included 3 images to illustrate how to produce the error. I used the latest & greatest DO character the bug happens to, Tate for G8.1M.
I explained that it doesn't happen to female characters from 8 or 8.1, at least regarding turning into 3DU Toon Generations Baby. Those G8F/G8.1F characters however don't zero figure to the character you loaded correctly but to a mish-mash of the character you loaded and the generic Base G8F or G8.1F so I consider that logic kind of broken as well because if you load Victoria for G8.1F or Africa for G8F, as examples, then when you zero the character you expect it to zero to Victoria for G8.1F or Africa for G8F not to Base G8.1F, Base G8F or a weird mish-mash of the loaded character and the base character. I did not, however, complain about that G8F/G8.1F problem in the ticket. One thing at a time.
Thanks Nonesuch! I sure appreciate it. Sounds like you did a thorough job explaining it.
SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3As usual I was lazy getting started and so was delayed getting another ticket for us customers wrote; but that is done now and the it is Request #381366. I included 3 images to illustrate how to produce the error. I used the latest & greatest DO character the bug happens to, Tate for G8.1M.
I explained that it doesn't happen to female characters from 8 or 8.1, at least regarding turning into 3DU Toon Generations Baby. Those G8F/G8.1F characters however don't zero figure to the character you loaded correctly but to a mish-mash of the character you loaded and the generic Base G8F or G8.1F so I consider that logic kind of broken as well because if you load Victoria for G8.1F or Africa for G8F, as examples, then when you zero the character you expect it to zero to Victoria for G8.1F or Africa for G8F not to Base G8.1F, Base G8F or a weird mish-mash of the loaded character and the base character. I did not, however, complain about that G8F/G8.1F problem in the ticket. One thing at a time.
Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic - WIP thread.UnifiedBrain said:
Carmen summons the Caduceus to save her beloved Harry
The Caduceus is the magical staff of Hermes, the messenger of Olympian Gods. It is an ancient symbol for healing, characterized by twin snakes and angel wings.
The render style is supposed to be a pulp magazine cover.
Carmen - Victoria 3, using the Firedancer outfit.
Harry - David 3
The other main props are the Giant Fantasy Snake, and Epic Wings for Genesis (no longer in the Daz store)
Carrara process include lens flare, aura, blur, and text. As usual, GMIC was used for color adjustments (and general noise).
No postwork.
Another great render by you UB !!!
3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2021-"Dream Vacation" -Entries Thread Only3D Art Freebie Challenge June 2021 "Dream Vacation"
This is my third (and last) render for this month, because what's a dream vacation without at least one day at the beach? :)
[Best watched at full size for details.]
"Dog tags..."
Starring: Tiana, Walther and Walther 2.0
The tale:
Before Tiana lost her right leg on a secret mission in Iraq, her dream (vacation) was to surf in Maui, Hawaii. She was one of the best female surfers, but after the loss of her leg it was no longer possible to surf independently. Now that she's on vacation in Maui after years of rehab, she would love to try to get back on the water on a surfboard...
Walther has been suffering from PTSD since he returned from Iraq, he has the feeling that he will never be able to feel affection and love again because of the things he has seen there and that leads him to severe depressions. Until today, when he saw Tiana and immediately noticed that she also wears dog tags, he felt an enormous connection and warmth for her inside and after years a smile appeared on his face again...Soundtrack:
Tiana's choice:
Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (© 1958) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8
And Walther picked:
Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams (© 1988) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGdPQPD7p8
COUNTABLE FREEBIES: (Alphabetic order)#01! 33 Eyes Materials for the Genesis 8 + 8.1 people by LevKornowska
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88372/33-eyes-materials-for-the-genesis-8-81-people **#02! Bad Hair Day GM8 by MysticArtDesign
https://sharecg.com/v/97548/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Bad-Hair-Day-GM8 **#03! Beach-Pant for G8M by kalhh
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88738/dforce-beach-pant-for-dazstudio-iray-genesis-8-male **#04! Crushable Can by TrekkieGrrrl
https://www.sharecg.com/v/18196/poser/Crushable-beer-can **#05! Dante DMC5 Free Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Male by InTheFlesh
https://sharecg.com/v/94753/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Eyebrows-for-Genesis-8-Male **#06! Drinks by klausdbg
https://www.sharecg.com/v/74240/gallery/5/3D-Model/Summer-IV-Drinks **#07! ED's Brick Shader (Iray) by Edheldil3D
https://www.deviantart.com/edheldil3d/art/Freebie-ED-s-Brick-Shader-Iray-788871766 **#08! G8M Walther 2.0 by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97276/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/G8M-Walther-2.0 **#09! Hawaiian Floral Prints Seamless by RedEyeCat
https://redeyecat.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/its-a-tile-lollapalooza/ (First item)
[Used on String Bikini for Victoria 6]#10! Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
https://www.deviantart.com/tom2099/art/Iray-car-related-shader-presets-megapack-539622361 **#11! Leg Prosthetics Pack G3F by MinaBlanche
https://sharecg.com/v/91248/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Leg-prosthetics-pack **#12! LT Blade Outfit G3F by UltimateClash
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82554/lt-blade-outfit **
[Dog Tags]#13! Private Beach by Redviper2012
http://viper2012.s602.xrea.com/x/ (item 8)
[Beach ball, Watergun]#14! REAL Hairy for Genesis 2 Male ***FREE*** by MikeyFTL
https://www.deviantart.com/mikeyftl/art/REAL-Hairy-for-Genesis-2-Male-FREE-859328094 **#15! Seagulls clipart by HiClipart
https://www.hiclipart.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-ybvkw#16! Side Swept ROse Hair (G3F,G8F) Part 1&2 by zoro_d
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-1/79533 **
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-2/79534 **#17! STRONG for G8M Character Morph & Pose by Mar3D
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/strong-for-g8m-character-morph-amp-pose/82833 **#18! SY 200 Morphs for Genesis 8 Head and Body by SickleYield
https://sharecg.com/v/91888/view/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body **#19! Tiana for G8F by RenderGuyNY
http://www.sharecg.com/v/88548/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Tiana-for-G8F-%5Bsome-nudity%5D **#20! Walther 2.0 simple hair for G8M by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97283/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Walther-2.0-simple-hair-for-G8M **
NO-COUNT ITEMS:++ Basic Wear G8M by Daz Originals
--- Bone Earrings for G8M by TwiztedMetal
++ DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments by DimensionTheory [Maui used]
--- Free Iray Outdoor Lights by Dreamlight
++ String Bikini for Victoria 6 by Mada, Sarsa
++ Surf's Up Outfit and Board by SarsaPURCHASED/PAID FOR ITEMS: None 100% Freebies
*1 E-mail address required
** Registration required
#x! Countable Items (Bold ones are used by me for the first time I think.)
--- No longer available freebies
++ Free with DAZ Studio (or the Essentials)
$x. Purchased/Paid For Item
Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)Other free software used: GIMP v2.10.24 and Irfanview 4.57
Postwork: used the AltaLux Image Enhancement Filter (Effect) by Stefano Tommesani that comes with Irfanview and some filters (oa) that come with GIMP.

"Dog tags..."
Want to load 8.1 without "all" of 8's morphs? minitutCatherine3678ab said:
JackyBrown said:
When I load a (new, default) Genesis 8.1 figure none of the Genesis 8.0 morphs show up, which is really unwanted. What could be the issue that causes that? (I actually thought it was supposed to be like that, but here I learned differently.)
One needs to be using the latest release of Daz Studio - and possibly reinstall the Genesis 8 Starter package.
Hi @Catherine3678ab, thank you so much for your quick answer! I thought I was smart by just reinstalling the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials... ;) I remember that with the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 figures you can choose which morph packages you want to load or not, that was very handy.
Catty 8.1 Gender Fluid Bundlerickrocker00 said:
I'm going to pass on this bundle.
One question I have is what do DAZ customers do with the content they purchase? My guess is people use the content for: (a) a personal library, (b) commercial products like book covers, or (c) content for games. I know I must be missing something so please feel free to share. I'm not against gender fluid characters, but none of the categories I listed have a huge demand for them.
I know lots of LGBTQIA people that would be interested in Caty as is. I love Caty's face, her body, and her sense of style. She seems like someone I might actually meet (and she is). Her face is interesting and seems very real. Even as a mix, I bet she could add depth to scenes. And like others have said, you don't have to use any of this as it is marketed. You can put the club outfit on a victoria's angel and so on.
As far as all this inclusive content being released lately goes: lots of straight people that just want to see beautiful people would be interested in someone like Rio, who is trans and gorgeous. Peopling your scenes with diversity can make them more interesting- stand out from all the hot white chicks. Want to show a really cool bar scene with interesting characters that come from all walks of life? This kind of content can help with that. Another use for the trans morphs, for example, is to make a feminine version of any male character you have who happens to have a face you really like, or vice versa going from female to male. Or that monster character that only comes for men or women (not both) as is fairly common? You can now make both genders out of that one monster morph. One more: You want to show a family resemblance across sexes/genders? Now you can pretty easily. I'm pretty stoked about all of this.
And last but certainly not least, economically speaking, you have to consider pron. Gender bending, swapped parts, and all sorts of stuff you might not think is popular, is actually pretty huge in some circles, with lots of people both making thier own fantasy content and doing commissions for others.
the skimpiest skimpwear in store?ANGELREAPER1972 said:
SickleYield said:
People are being so nice to me in this thread! Thanks, you guys. <3
Gemling is by me and Fuseling, too. :D And so is Body Studs. The G2 period was a great time for high concept, low coverage fantasy and sci fi outfits. Rigging was easier than with Victoria 4 and fitting was easier than with Genesis (and indeed, easier than it would be with G3/G8 after the switch to dual quaternion rigging). Daz was taking, and people were buying. Clothes were faster to make than they had ever been before or ever would be again. So it was a special time when we had that leeway to bring the weirdness.
that's because everyone likes you and you always give so much oh and happy 10th anniversery here
@AngelReaper1972 Aw, thank you. :) It might seem like someone who's a relatively prominent PA gets all the kudos all the time, but most of the contact or feedback I get from customers is when they have issues with products. The more effusive the praise at the beginning of the message, the more outré the request further down the message is likely to be.
@Nemesis10 Looks like maybe it was for Clother plus some add on bits? I probably would have bought it if I was around for V3. :D
Character used for Rarestone's female skin merchant resources?The face and shape overall looks like Victoria 8.1 to me.
Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic - WIP thread.UnifiedBrain said:
Carmen summons the Caduceus to save her beloved Harry
The Caduceus is the magical staff of Hermes, the messenger of Olympian Gods. It is an ancient symbol for healing, characterized by twin snakes and angel wings.
The render style is supposed to be a pulp magazine cover.
Carmen - Victoria 3, using the Firedancer outfit.
Harry - David 3
The other main props are the Giant Fantasy Snake, and Epic Wings for Genesis (no longer in the Daz store)
Carrara process include lens flare, aura, blur, and text. As usual, GMIC was used for color adjustments (and general noise).
No postwork.
gah wow!! that's a masterwork! Bit saucyy be careful !!! Lovely texture and glow on the woman's skin - and a lively looking Spanish Fly glow in the nether regions. Any lessons on the GMIC ? How did it effect the render??
3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2021-"Dream Vacation" -Main Thread OnlyJackyBrown said:
3D Art Freebie Challenge June 2021 "Dream Vacation"
This is my third (and last) render for this month, because what's a dream vacation without at least one day at the beach? :)
[Best watched at full size for details.]
"Dog tags..."
Starring: Tiana, Walther and Walther 2.0
The tale:
Before Tiana lost her right leg on a secret mission in Iraq, her dream (vacation) was to surf in Maui, Hawaii. She was one of the best female surfers, but after the loss of her leg it was no longer possible to surf independently. Now that she's on vacation in Maui after years of rehab, she would love to try to get back on the water on a surfboard...
Walther has been suffering from PTSD since he returned from Iraq, he has the feeling that he will never be able to feel affection and love again because of the things he has seen there and that leads him to severe depressions. Until today, when he saw Tiana and immediately noticed that she also wears dog tags, he felt an enormous connection and warmth for her inside and after years a smile appeared on his face again...Soundtrack:
Tiana's choice:
Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (© 1958) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8
And Walther picked:
Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams (© 1988) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGdPQPD7p8
COUNTABLE FREEBIES: (Alphabetic order)#01! 33 Eyes Materials for the Genesis 8 + 8.1 people by LevKornowska
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88372/33-eyes-materials-for-the-genesis-8-81-people **#02! Bad Hair Day GM8 by MysticArtDesign
https://sharecg.com/v/97548/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Bad-Hair-Day-GM8 **#03! Beach-Pant for G8M by kalhh
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88738/dforce-beach-pant-for-dazstudio-iray-genesis-8-male **#04! Crushable Can by TrekkieGrrrl
https://www.sharecg.com/v/18196/poser/Crushable-beer-can **#05! Dante DMC5 Free Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Male by InTheFlesh
https://sharecg.com/v/94753/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Eyebrows-for-Genesis-8-Male **#06! Drinks by klausdbg
https://www.sharecg.com/v/74240/gallery/5/3D-Model/Summer-IV-Drinks **#07! ED's Brick Shader (Iray) by Edheldil3D
https://www.deviantart.com/edheldil3d/art/Freebie-ED-s-Brick-Shader-Iray-788871766 **#08! G8M Walther 2.0 by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97276/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/G8M-Walther-2.0 **#09! Hawaiian Floral Prints Seamless by RedEyeCat
https://redeyecat.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/its-a-tile-lollapalooza/ (First item)
[Used on String Bikini for Victoria 6]#10! Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
https://www.deviantart.com/tom2099/art/Iray-car-related-shader-presets-megapack-539622361 **#11! Leg Prosthetics Pack G3F by MinaBlanche
https://sharecg.com/v/91248/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Leg-prosthetics-pack **#12! LT Blade Outfit G3F by UltimateClash
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82554/lt-blade-outfit **
[Dog Tags]#13! Private Beach by Redviper2012
http://viper2012.s602.xrea.com/x/ (item 8)
[Beach ball, Watergun]#14! REAL Hairy for Genesis 2 Male ***FREE*** by MikeyFTL
https://www.deviantart.com/mikeyftl/art/REAL-Hairy-for-Genesis-2-Male-FREE-859328094 **#15! Seagulls clipart by HiClipart
https://www.hiclipart.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-ybvkw#16! Side Swept ROse Hair (G3F,G8F) Part 1&2 by zoro_d
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-1/79533 **
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-2/79534 **#17! STRONG for G8M Character Morph & Pose by Mar3D
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/strong-for-g8m-character-morph-amp-pose/82833 **#18! SY 200 Morphs for Genesis 8 Head and Body by SickleYield
https://sharecg.com/v/91888/view/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body **#19! Tiana for G8F by RenderGuyNY
http://www.sharecg.com/v/88548/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Tiana-for-G8F-%5Bsome-nudity%5D **#20! Walther 2.0 simple hair for G8M by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97283/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Walther-2.0-simple-hair-for-G8M **
NO-COUNT ITEMS:++ Basic Wear G8M by Daz Originals
--- Bone Earrings for G8M by TwiztedMetal
++ DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments by DimensionTheory [Maui used]
--- Free Iray Outdoor Lights by Dreamlight
++ String Bikini for Victoria 6 by Mada, Sarsa
++ Surf's Up Outfit and Board by SarsaPURCHASED/PAID FOR ITEMS: None 100% Freebies
*1 E-mail address required
** Registration required
#x! Countable Items (Bold ones are used by me for the first time I think.)
--- No longer available freebies
++ Free with DAZ Studio (or the Essentials)
$x. Purchased/Paid For Item
Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)Other free software used: GIMP v2.10.24 and Irfanview 4.57
Postwork: used the AltaLux Image Enhancement Filter (Effect) by Stefano Tommesani that comes with Irfanview and some filters (oa) that come with GIMP.

"Dog tags..."
All freebies approved, please move to entries!
the skimpiest skimpwear in store?SickleYield said:
People are being so nice to me in this thread! Thanks, you guys. <3
Gemling is by me and Fuseling, too. :D And so is Body Studs. The G2 period was a great time for high concept, low coverage fantasy and sci fi outfits. Rigging was easier than with Victoria 4 and fitting was easier than with Genesis (and indeed, easier than it would be with G3/G8 after the switch to dual quaternion rigging). Daz was taking, and people were buying. Clothes were faster to make than they had ever been before or ever would be again. So it was a special time when we had that leeway to bring the weirdness.
that's because everyone likes you and you always give so much oh and happy 10th anniversery here
3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2021-"Dream Vacation" -Main Thread Only3D Art Freebie Challenge June 2021 "Dream Vacation"
This is my third (and last) render for this month, because what's a dream vacation without at least one day at the beach? :)
[Best watched at full size for details.]
"Dog tags..."
Starring: Tiana, Walther and Walther 2.0
The tale:
Before Tiana lost her right leg on a secret mission in Iraq, her dream (vacation) was to surf in Maui, Hawaii. She was one of the best female surfers, but after the loss of her leg it was no longer possible to surf independently. Now that she's on vacation in Maui after years of rehab, she would love to try to get back on the water on a surfboard...
Walther has been suffering from PTSD since he returned from Iraq, he has the feeling that he will never be able to feel affection and love again because of the things he has seen there and that leads him to severe depressions. Until today, when he saw Tiana and immediately noticed that she also wears dog tags, he felt an enormous connection and warmth for her inside and after years a smile appeared on his face again...Soundtrack:
Tiana's choice:
Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (© 1958) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8
And Walther picked:
Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams (© 1988) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGdPQPD7p8
COUNTABLE FREEBIES: (Alphabetic order)#01! 33 Eyes Materials for the Genesis 8 + 8.1 people by LevKornowska
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88372/33-eyes-materials-for-the-genesis-8-81-people **#02! Bad Hair Day GM8 by MysticArtDesign
https://sharecg.com/v/97548/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Bad-Hair-Day-GM8 **#03! Beach-Pant for G8M by kalhh
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88738/dforce-beach-pant-for-dazstudio-iray-genesis-8-male **#04! Crushable Can by TrekkieGrrrl
https://www.sharecg.com/v/18196/poser/Crushable-beer-can **#05! Dante DMC5 Free Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Male by InTheFlesh
https://sharecg.com/v/94753/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Eyebrows-for-Genesis-8-Male **#06! Drinks by klausdbg
https://www.sharecg.com/v/74240/gallery/5/3D-Model/Summer-IV-Drinks **#07! ED's Brick Shader (Iray) by Edheldil3D
https://www.deviantart.com/edheldil3d/art/Freebie-ED-s-Brick-Shader-Iray-788871766 **#08! G8M Walther 2.0 by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97276/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/G8M-Walther-2.0 **#09! Hawaiian Floral Prints Seamless by RedEyeCat
https://redeyecat.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/its-a-tile-lollapalooza/ (First item)
[Used on String Bikini for Victoria 6]#10! Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
https://www.deviantart.com/tom2099/art/Iray-car-related-shader-presets-megapack-539622361 **#11! Leg Prosthetics Pack G3F by MinaBlanche
https://sharecg.com/v/91248/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Leg-prosthetics-pack **#12! LT Blade Outfit G3F by UltimateClash
https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82554/lt-blade-outfit **
[Dog Tags]#13! Private Beach by Redviper2012
http://viper2012.s602.xrea.com/x/ (item 8)
[Beach ball, Watergun]#14! REAL Hairy for Genesis 2 Male ***FREE*** by MikeyFTL
https://www.deviantart.com/mikeyftl/art/REAL-Hairy-for-Genesis-2-Male-FREE-859328094 **#15! Seagulls clipart by HiClipart
https://www.hiclipart.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-ybvkw#16! Side Swept ROse Hair (G3F,G8F) Part 1&2 by zoro_d
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-1/79533 **
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-2/79534 **#17! STRONG for G8M Character Morph & Pose by Mar3D
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/strong-for-g8m-character-morph-amp-pose/82833 **#18! SY 200 Morphs for Genesis 8 Head and Body by SickleYield
https://sharecg.com/v/91888/view/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body **#19! Tiana for G8F by RenderGuyNY
http://www.sharecg.com/v/88548/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Tiana-for-G8F-%5Bsome-nudity%5D **#20! Walther 2.0 simple hair for G8M by Ruslanomar
https://sharecg.com/v/97283/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Walther-2.0-simple-hair-for-G8M **
NO-COUNT ITEMS:++ Basic Wear G8M by Daz Originals
--- Bone Earrings for G8M by TwiztedMetal
++ DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments by DimensionTheory [Maui used]
--- Free Iray Outdoor Lights by Dreamlight
++ String Bikini for Victoria 6 by Mada, Sarsa
++ Surf's Up Outfit and Board by SarsaPURCHASED/PAID FOR ITEMS: None 100% Freebies
*1 E-mail address required
** Registration required
#x! Countable Items (Bold ones are used by me for the first time I think.)
--- No longer available freebies
++ Free with DAZ Studio (or the Essentials)
$x. Purchased/Paid For Item
Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)Other free software used: GIMP v2.10.24 and Irfanview 4.57
Postwork: used the AltaLux Image Enhancement Filter (Effect) by Stefano Tommesani that comes with Irfanview and some filters (oa) that come with GIMP.

"Dog tags..."
Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic - WIP thread.Carmen summons the Caduceus to save her beloved Harry
The Caduceus is the magical staff of Hermes, the messenger of Olympian Gods. It is an ancient symbol for healing, characterized by twin snakes and angel wings.
The render style is supposed to be a pulp magazine cover.
Carmen - Victoria 3, using the Firedancer outfit.
Harry - David 3
The other main props are the Giant Fantasy Snake, and Epic Wings for Genesis (no longer in the Daz store)
Carrara process include lens flare, aura, blur, and text. As usual, GMIC was used for color adjustments (and general noise).
No postwork.
the skimpiest skimpwear in store?SickleYield said:
People are being so nice to me in this thread! Thanks, you guys. <3
Gemling is by me and Fuseling, too. :D And so is Body Studs. The G2 period was a great time for high concept, low coverage fantasy and sci fi outfits. Rigging was easier than with Victoria 4 and fitting was easier than with Genesis (and indeed, easier than it would be with G3/G8 after the switch to dual quaternion rigging). Daz was taking, and people were buying. Clothes were faster to make than they had ever been before or ever would be again. So it was a special time when we had that leeway to bring the weirdness.
Well, you've made some of the most fun content we've gotten! All of my favorite G2 male underthings, that's for certain (especially the aforementioned clamp brief). I really miss that kind of stuff, where it looks so damn cool that you just can't bring yourself to care if it makes sense realistically, and the G2 era was the golden age for that. Characters had a very appealing and aesthetically pleasing balance between realism and stylized appearance, and if rigging and fitting were suddenly the easiest they'd ever been or would be for the people making clothing, it's no wonder we got such an explosion of great sci-fi and fantasy things. The aesthetic of the characters themselves was ideal for going absolutely ham with the low-coverage fantasy look for the girls and particularly in your case, for the guys, too. As someone who'd far rather have beefcake than cheesecake, I'm eternally grateful for that.
It was all glorious and huge part of why I'll never be able to leave G2 behind, that was by far my favorite aesthetic period that Daz has had for both the male and female models. As much as I like more photoreal stuff, the push towards it feels like it bled a lot of the creativity out of things and we started getting the exact same outfit over and over with minor variations (obviously there's still lots of creativity around, but that's still how it can feel sometimes when I'm shopping). Meanwhile the entire G2 era was like, "We couldn't decide whether to market this guy as a Monk or a Barbarian, so we thought, hey, why not both? Also, add more spikes. What? Of course there's no such thing as too many spikes, only too much fabric!"
the skimpiest skimpwear in store?People are being so nice to me in this thread! Thanks, you guys. <3
Gemling is by me and Fuseling, too. :D And so is Body Studs. The G2 period was a great time for high concept, low coverage fantasy and sci fi outfits. Rigging was easier than with Victoria 4 and fitting was easier than with Genesis (and indeed, easier than it would be with G3/G8 after the switch to dual quaternion rigging). Daz was taking, and people were buying. Clothes were faster to make than they had ever been before or ever would be again. So it was a special time when we had that leeway to bring the weirdness.
How do I make solid object morphs in Blender?@MarcosG A morph is a different shape of the original (base) prop or figure. It has exact the same count of vertices but these are "pushed" to another place in 3d space. For example: every character is a morph of the Genesis Base figure. Victoria 8 is a morph of the G8F Base. Every slider in the Shaping tab uses morphs for dialing in different values of the morph.
You can make your own morphs of anything: save the thing in base resolution as an .obj and bring it into the modeling software you like, there you can change the shape, but don't change the count of vertices, save again as .obj and bring it back to Daz via Morph Loader Pro. This action will create a new slider for the thing and you can dial in the shape you created in the other software... there are lots of tutorials.
Genesis 8.1 Skins/Textures on Genesis 3 Possible? New G8.1 Skin Resource in Store TodayWell... I saved Victoria 8.1's stuff as "Shaders" in my own Content Library.
When I've accidentally double clicked without CTRL, they apply onto Genesis 3 Female without grumping at me... but the Neck/Head for 8.1 has no real equivalent for G3F (because the UV is different, as noted above), so that's an issue unless you figure out how to transfer and remap them. (Someone could write a script once they figure all that out, but that someone would not be me.)
Daz Connect Library SOLVEDWhen I am testing clothes, characters, hair, shoes, Genesis 3F, Genesis 3M, Genesis 8F and Genesis 8M, I have all those characters shapes in the shaping tab, which makes it difficult to test.
All I want to see in the shaping tab are, for example, Victoria 8, Darcy 8, The Girl 8... but with all the other character shapes in the shaping tab, it makes it very difficult.
I have all the above and of course more in a * tester * folder so that they do not get mixed up.
When I am testing I unhook all other libraries that I usually use and have only the * tester * folder hooked to Daz studio.
My question is, can I unhook the Daz connect folder?
If it was not sometimes needed I would get rid of the smart content, but when I did that in the past some characters did not work as they should, like materials, lip textures...
So, can I unhook the Daz connect folder, and, could I hook it back up to Daz studio again once I finished testing?
Problem with RiverSoft's character convertersCan someone please explain to me why this distortion on the head happens every time I use one of RiverSoft's character converters? It doesn't matter what figure I use or what generation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scripts through DIM. It happens whether I press "Convert Items" or "Force Convert Items". I need a converted Victoria 7 for something I'm working on, and this is very frustrating. I'm not new to DAZ Studio, but I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.
Aiko4 Load ErrorYou need to run the /Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzExPCreateFiles-v4.bat file, or install the Power Loader files for Victoria 4 (and, ideally, for the morph expansions).


















