• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Who said Blender was hard?

    Does anyone happen to have the correct import/export settings handy for sending a Genesis 8 figure out of Studio to Blender and importing it back to Studio after making a morph in Blender? I followed a tutorial and everything seemed to go OK until it got imported back into Studio and I got the "wrong geometry" message. Probably just a simple setting, but there are additional options in 2.8 that weren't in the tutorial that might be causing the issue.

    I'm using latest Studio, Blender 2.80. Thanks in advance.

    I sometimes get that message if I forget to set to base resolution before exporting from DAZ Studio.

    Or you forget about the eyelashes, as they need removing.

    By

    nicstt nicstt September 2019 in Blender Discussion
  • Who said Blender was hard?

    Does anyone happen to have the correct import/export settings handy for sending a Genesis 8 figure out of Studio to Blender and importing it back to Studio after making a morph in Blender? I followed a tutorial and everything seemed to go OK until it got imported back into Studio and I got the "wrong geometry" message. Probably just a simple setting, but there are additional options in 2.8 that weren't in the tutorial that might be causing the issue.

    I'm using latest Studio, Blender 2.80. Thanks in advance.

    I sometimes get that message if I forget to set to base resolution before exporting from DAZ Studio.

    By

    marble marble September 2019 in Blender Discussion
  • HH Werewolf [Commercial]

    I really wish it had been built on a genesis chassis so I could do a transmation sequence and mix it with my other werewolf morphs. 

    This was to be designed from the ground up to be a quality Werewolf design not restricted by the topology of a morph. There's already some good morph wolf morphs in the store but they are restricted (since they are a morph) to venture to far into looking like a wolf. The head, mouth, and feet would not look the same if this was a morph otherwise I would have. I wish Daz would come out with a Genesis Creature base figure with the same rig as the other figures, but with more balanced topology in the head, hands, and feet to be used for morphs.

    Oso3D said:

    Are you using dForce hair, or is that fibermesh?

    Fibermesh.

    By

    Herschel Hoffmeyer Herschel Hoffmeyer September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • IS it possible to sculpt over Daz models in Zbrush and still use Daz skins in Maya like arnold,vray?

    As long as you don't change the UVs, yes - but note that increasing the mesh resolution will stop you from using the shape as a morph, it will work only as a static model (unless you bake the high resolution detail to displacement or normal maps).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Who said Blender was hard?

    Does anyone happen to have the correct import/export settings handy for sending a Genesis 8 figure out of Studio to Blender and importing it back to Studio after making a morph in Blender? I followed a tutorial and everything seemed to go OK until it got imported back into Studio and I got the "wrong geometry" message. Probably just a simple setting, but there are additional options in 2.8 that weren't in the tutorial that might be causing the issue.

    I'm using latest Studio, Blender 2.80. Thanks in advance.

    By

    SnowSultan SnowSultan September 2019 in Blender Discussion
  • Gianni 8.1

    I think I would be happy if someone just did a Gianni 6 for Genesis 8 Male morph and skin. He is such a great character. They did a Heroes product https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes way back when. It would be really cool to have something like this for G8M, but the Gianni 6 wasn't very convincing, but I'm not complaining. I suppose if push came to shove I could do a Genesis 3 morph of Gianni 6 from Heroes and morph him with Zev0's upcoming Xtransfer product, which looks really promising. 

    By

    Fungible User Fungible User September 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICI

    Io ormai sono più interessato a plugin utili che altro!

    Sono pieno di "figure", non avrò utilizzato nemmeno 1/4 delle texture e la lista dei morph è così lunga che senza "search" non trovo nulla, immagino capiate la sensazione xD

    By

    LenioTG LenioTG September 2019 in The Commons
  • Creating clothing in Blender for Daz Studio using snap

    I have been using Daz for a couple of years now, but I still consider myself a noob. I'd say the same for my Blender experience. I started to dabble in clothing, and can create meshes for armor etc. I understand rigging at a basic level, and what the Transfer Utility does.

    I have created a mesh using the "snap" option in Blender so it matches the figure closely, but I then remember that clothing is not always skin-tight. When creating an item, is it necessary to differentiate between parts of the clothing that would fit closely, eg waistline, so Autofit would adjust them as appropriate, and parts of the clothing that would remain "unfitted", such as pant legs or skirt. If so, how?

    By

    neverstoplearning neverstoplearning September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • used mac for final cut pro

    i browsing the refurbed mini macs.  none of come with a dvd drive 

    can you get an external one? or load to a flashdrive and transfer

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz September 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Apply the smoothing modifier on a limited area

    I was collapsing the process - turn the smoothing into a morph, then remove deltas. There isn't any way of directly editing a Smoothing Modifier, it has to be baked out in soem way first.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Apply the smoothing modifier on a limited area

    Thank you four your answer Richard... sorry for the late reply, work floods me.

     

    I've been testing, but how do you remove deltas with the Geometry Editor exactly? I understand how to do that with a morph (select vertices you want to remove, Edit mode in the params tab, fav your morph, right-click in the viewport->morph Editing->Clear Selected deltas from favorites), but if I do that selecting one of the smoothing modifier params instead of a morph I get an error message asking for a morph...

    By

    meipe meipe September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • MS rubble

    Ms Rubble, the ultimate rock chick!

    Well... you asked for it...

     

    WARNING: Nudity ahead....

     

     

    Okay, not really. I couldn't get a convincing breast morph for G8M so I just got two rocks from the Rock Collection and... well, do the math. *chuckle*

    By

    RKane_1 RKane_1 September 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • mcjTeleBlender:Daz Studio scenes/animations w/Blender's Cycles Engine

    Blender eevee render of a Daz Studio scene

     

    next i'll see if i can let teleblender do the transfer from daz studio with just 1 button, i just have to learn how to make Blender import an FBX file via script

     

    maybe i'll have a teleblenderFBX and a teleBlender new-old-school that uses waveFront .obj

     

    By

    mCasual mCasual September 2019 in Blender Discussion
  • Is the new Iray Uber Shader backwards compatible?

    Thank you L'Adair, but I'm a beginner, so this sounds like Greek to me. Sorry about that. Are you saying the new and improved Iray Uber Shader for Genesis 8 can be applied to my Victoria 7 HD model?

    The Victoria 7 HD model loads the Victoria 7 Iray materials for me.

    The HD is an addon morph for the base figure, and requires V7 for both the shape and the materials. If it's loading without, check to see if you have the base. If not, you can apply any Genesis 3 female materials to the figure, but the shape isn't going to look much like Victoria 7.

    Select your G3 female figure, (V7 or any other,) Open Surfaces. There are tabs across the top of the pane. Make sure the one labeled Presets is selected. In the right column, drill-down to Default > Materials > Iray > Feminine. With Feminine open, you will see a list of all the characters you own for Genesis 3 that include Iray materials. Select one and open to locate the presets to apply the various materials and options.

    I hope this helps.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair September 2019 in New Users
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I’ll keep building Gen 8. I’ll probably start Gen 9 during the holiday sales. Only if enough content is out. It’s not useful until a ton of characters, clothes and sets/vehicles with interactive poses are out. It would probably start with the right pro bundle on sale.

    But I won’t avoid it. Plenty of G3. I can probably skip G8M. G8F is just getting built here.

    ...for me it's the opposite, I find G8M more interesting because of several nice more "everyday" characters and a better variety of clothing than the G3 version. 

    For the female side, I'm content with G3F as I have invested so much in resources for development of my main female characters. Were G8F more of a marked  improvement over the previous iteration, I may have considered it, however I have to draw the line somewhere, partly due to finances, partly due to having to take the time to rebuild all my characters all over again, and the aforementioned investment I already have.

    That quote from me must have been awhile ago, so it’s slightly out of context. Since then I’ve slowly been building both G8F and G8M. As far as everyday people, I can really shape great everyday women using several morph packs for G8F. The ‘Wicked’ pack.. A few weight shaping sets. One can add all sorts of minor variations, including such subtle differences for weight and older faces. I see a slight difference with minor details, even with having a big library for both generations. 

    G8 is also starting to release very diverse textures for both genders. I do build G3F as well and am getting more G3 stuff with this sale. So I see how 3 is useful. Don’t forget hair and clothes also work for G8, so I buy certain things for both.

    But let’s not be misleaded about how diverse and unique G8F can be. Especially since G9 has been pushed back again. I was right to slowly build on G8 since then, as opposed to waiting and skipping or trying to jump in all at once. 

     

    Again?

    I was only aware of the once, stating not this year (2019).

    By

    nicstt nicstt September 2019 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I’ll keep building Gen 8. I’ll probably start Gen 9 during the holiday sales. Only if enough content is out. It’s not useful until a ton of characters, clothes and sets/vehicles with interactive poses are out. It would probably start with the right pro bundle on sale.

    But I won’t avoid it. Plenty of G3. I can probably skip G8M. G8F is just getting built here.

    ...for me it's the opposite, I find G8M more interesting because of several nice more "everyday" characters and a better variety of clothing than the G3 version. 

    For the female side, I'm content with G3F as I have invested so much in resources for development of my main female characters. Were G8F more of a marked  improvement over the previous iteration, I may have considered it, however I have to draw the line somewhere, partly due to finances, partly due to having to take the time to rebuild all my characters all over again, and the aforementioned investment I already have.

    That quote from me must have been awhile ago, so it’s slightly out of context. Since then I’ve slowly been building both G8F and G8M. As far as everyday people, I can really shape great everyday women using several morph packs for G8F. The ‘Wicked’ pack.. A few weight shaping sets. One can add all sorts of minor variations, including such subtle differences for weight and older faces. I see a slight difference with minor details, even with having a big library for both generations. 

    G8 is also starting to release very diverse textures for both genders. I do build G3F as well and am getting more G3 stuff with this sale. So I see how 3 is useful. Don’t forget hair and clothes also work for G8, so I buy certain things for both.

    But let’s not be misleaded about how diverse and unique G8F can be. Especially since G9 has been pushed back again. I was right to slowly build on G8 since then, as opposed to waiting and skipping or trying to jump in all at once. 

     

    By

    Bluefox25 Bluefox25 September 2019 in The Commons
  • Victoria 4 in Carrara?

    well, not unexpectedly,  no bat file means no channels to load the morphs into ...

    dunno how that power loader works, can it do anything in carrara,  the plot thickens

    It runs the bat file and loads all the ticked morphs instead of you having to manually inject them, it's a DZscript

    scripts.  Thanks.

    and every morph set has one.

    The main Gen4 figures do

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz September 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • The following files could not be found........

    have you looked in the log file?

    clear the log file to start fresh.

    start a new scene and load Victoria 7.  log file should give a clue

    guessing is an erc that froze the morph in it.

    By

    Mistara Mistara September 2019 in The Commons
  • The following files could not be found........

    scenes/ is an unusual file path for a morph,

    i would guess i's looking in the wrong place

    By

    Mistara Mistara September 2019 in The Commons
  • Victoria 4 in Carrara?

    well, not unexpectedly,  no bat file means no channels to load the morphs into ...

    dunno how that power loader works, can it do anything in carrara,  the plot thickens

    It runs the bat file and loads all the ticked morphs instead of you having to manually inject them, it's a DZscript

    scripts.  Thanks.

    and every morph set has one.

    By

    Mistara Mistara September 2019 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.