-
Looking for Miku Miku Dance enthusiasts that like using DAZ as an MMD platform
Outlaw,
So, is the normal being reversed just the way the creator package it as PMX file or is something that most likely happen during my export process. I did use DS geom editor to remove parts and export as OBJ. also when you say size scale and rig, does rig mean send through the transfer utility? Lastly how do I prep these objects to be used with Dforce. Whenever I try to run a sim DS tells me I need to add a Dforce modifier.
Wearables vs Support AssetsThis is a new figure, so you save it as figure/prop asset.
A wearable preset loads existing figure/prop assets. If you converted several pieces you can save a wearable preset to load all the pieces once you’ve saved all the converted items as assets.
As for morph asset, it’s an add-on for another asset which stores data on how the morph should alter that asset. You use that when you want to save a new custom morph for the original asset (not a character using the morph, the actual morph data), or if you need to alter some technical parameters of an existing morph, like changing the default value.
Wearables vs Support AssetsA "wearable" preset is a preset that will load several clothing items at the same time, eg the various parts of a complete outfit.
As for your fit morph, when you autofitted the garment you basically created a new figure asset, the G8F version of the clothing item (and unless you saved the G8F version explicitly as an asset it only exists in that scene). The fit morph you created is a morph of the G8F version, not a morph of the original item, which is why it doesn't appear when you reload the G3F item.
Thanks for the explanations. I know that I have successfully completed that process of saving a morph for G3 garment as a G8 Garment previously so I must have done it as you suggest. I just didn't remember how, so thanks for the reminder. What's the best option to take when saving the autofitted G8 version?
Is there any advantage to saving the garment as a "wearable" or a Figure/prop asset or a morph? I'm still not quite sure on when to use each.
Wearables vs Support AssetsA "wearable" preset is a preset that will load several clothing items at the same time, eg the various parts of a complete outfit.
As for your fit morph, when you autofitted the garment you basically created a new figure asset, the G8F version of the clothing item (and unless you saved the G8F version explicitly as an asset it only exists in that scene). The fit morph you created is a morph of the G8F version, not a morph of the original item, which is why it doesn't appear when you reload the G3F item.
Wearables vs Support AssetsCan someone explain exactly what a "wearable' is? Aren't all clothing items "wearable"? When should I use the "wearable" save-as option?
When I make a morph to fix a clothing problem, I normally save as Support Asset > Morph Asset but I have noticed that in some tutorials we are advised to use Figure/Prop Asset or Wearable. I don't understand the differences.
Also, if I fit a G3F garment to G8F and then make a morph to adjust the fit on G8F and save as a Morph Asset, it does not appear when I load the garment again. Without fitting to G8F, I can save a morph and it will always be available.
(Released) HeadShop 11 Macintosh on DAZ (Commercial)HeadShop 11 is a Standalone software used to automatically create 3D heads from a single photo. It works as a plug-in inside Daz Studio with all Genesis figures, and outputs a modified morph OBJ file and 4096 x 4096 texture files.
HeadShop 11 works with the following figures:
- Genesis 2 Male and Female
- Genesis 3 Male and Female
- Genesis 8 Male and Female
HeadShop 11 requires a Macintosh personal computer or laptop with the following minimal requirements:
System requirements:
- Required Hardware:
- 8 Gb of RAM
- Monitor with a screen of a resolution at least 1024 x 768
- 800 MB free disk space
- Required Software:
- IOS Mojave or later
- Daz Studio 4.9 or later, 64-bit version
Watch Video at: https://youtu.be/8su5584NiE8
Easy Environments: Wuxia Mountains (Daz Studio) [Commercial]Thank you flip mode. lol. I added the god-rays and the sun lens flare with my free panes http://www.sharecg.com/v/92902/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ivys-Magic-Pane-prop to make the scene more dramatic. it was a good effect for this render and a time saver not having to do them in Photoshop in post work , I like to do things outside the box .. that s why i though this would be a good scene for a huge panoramic scene.
i love the morph dials on the trees that going to be a nice feature when it comes time to use them in animation. the hdr is as beautiful as your other set;'s sky domes. & I really appreciate you making the 3dl version for this set . like i mentioned before I will get lots of use form th set you never disappoint
have you ever heard of MAC? Do you know that DAZ Studio does nThe product pages list what's in the product. Anything not listed is not included.
You need to use morphs that were made for a particular figure. Morphs are merely a change in the mesh of a particular mesh to create a different looking nose or other body part. You can't use a morph from mesh on another. There are ways to transfer the morphs, but that's a completely other topic, as Leana says.
You need to learn how DS is set up. At the moment, you're not used to it and used to another way of working. If you can let go how you think it should work and just learn how it does, you'll be less frustrated. Feel free to ask questions and there are plenty of people who will be willing to help. We all had to learn how to work DS.
have you ever heard of MAC? Do you know that DAZ Studio does nYou can’t use morphs from one figure on another figure, you need to use a conversion program (like GenX2, or the G3 to G8 character converter) to transfer the morphs to the figure you want to use.
Kaye Kaye - Learning Through PlayThe gown looks gorgeous! Including the materials!
I think her skin looks a little bit waxy. Or perhaps it's her expression/morph... I think she should either look more like a doll, or less like a doll. Right now it's weirdly in between.
Anatomical Elements
Unofficially, of course. I have the torso UV, but not any geoshell for additional texture. I can't find it. But I generally don't have issues with GP. It poses better than what 3FW's did. Even clothes work decent with GP, as something like a bikini will normally cover it fully, sometimes with a bit of smoothing modifier.Don't forget this very important point, that official Daz gens need a genital texture map specific to their character to work. Not all character models include this texture, some PAs just don't do them. The 'rotica gens can color match any character model. So on this one point alone, the 3rd party options are better. The gold palace ones in particular have way more features, and are far, far superior to what Daz offers. Its not even close.
Honestly, I just don't see any good reason why one should bother with Daz's gens at all. Plus the sky high price of a pro bundle for the gens. Though I do admit at this point I have bought some pro bundles, I still think its a very stupid practice that doesn't do anybody any good. It doesn't matter what the excuse is, its not good enough. This is a site that sells 3D ART content.
For those characters without Anatomical Elements textures, there's a free "Torso UV" for both the Male and Female Daz gens. You use the Torso surface, and the UV makes it work with the gens. It does provide a perfect color match..
There are also shells to add color and texture to the Daz gens.
As for why? In my experience, the Daz gens work better across a broader range of motion. While the Daz gens have fewer options than third party gens even with morph packages, simplicity isn't always a problem. You can set it up faster and pose it in a much simpler way. This might not work for close-range shots, but most of the time, you're not doing gynocological detail work if you're actually producing images at the end of the day.
Yes, third party gens are generally better, but there are reasons to use the Daz gens. (Moreso on the male side, IMO, but the female gens are also good if you use them to their strengths.)
Anatomical ElementsIt would be cheaper to go 3rd-party if that's all you're after. Plus you get more flexibility, in more ways than one.
yeah i will likely get the 3fleetwolf or meipe one. From what i could tell is that the first one gets the most support in pose packs but i will look into them both before deciding.
I've got both of those for both G3 and G8, and while they're both quite good, I generally find the 3DFleetwolf ones to be both a little simpler to use and more widely supported in terms of add-ons..
I felt that way also until recently with the new expansions for the Meipe one, it's now my goto.
how do you mean, "supported in terms of addons" as I have never seen an addon for either one in any character package.
Hmm. How to put this while dancing around the forum's restrictions? I'm specifically talking about morphs, hair, and third party support. And, really, the two product lines are currently pretty equally supported if you're looking at it just in terms of G8F. Where the difference comes in is G3F, which I still use quite heavily, as Fleetwolf's product has been around almost as long as G3F herself, with the G8F version being simply an add-on update to the G3F version. By comparison, Meipe's Palace product is the total inverse, starting out as a G8F item that was then retro converted to also support G3F. That makes for a two year difference in time on the market, so while 3rd party product support for G8F is split fairly evenly, third party products for G3F tilt overwhelmingly in support of Fleetwolf with Sledgehammer's product being the next closest rival. This is why we have things like full character sets sold at CGBytes that include textures done specifically for NGV7 and an expansion morph set from Zev0 that integrates perfectly with his other G3F morph sets.
In the end, though, the hair options are where I see the biggest difference. I've bought quite a few of those and, IMHO and experience, the best and most versatile, um, hairstyling products for this purpose are those made by MIKE1954, which are available for just about every thrid party anatomical product that exists, and the ones made by 3DFleetwolf, which are, needless to say, only available for his own G8F and G3F sets. To be fair, I don't use the shaders included with either of those sets, and I haven't bought Meipe's most recent expansion set in that vein either. However, from reading the promotional text, Meipe's clearly lacks the "barbershop" capability of changing shapes and growth patterns by altering the transmap that makes both Mike and Fleetwolf's products so versatle, and, at the current time, Meipe's set is only available for his G8F version.
Anatomical ElementsDon't forget this very important point, that official Daz gens need a genital texture map specific to their character to work. Not all character models include this texture, some PAs just don't do them. The 'rotica gens can color match any character model. So on this one point alone, the 3rd party options are better. The gold palace ones in particular have way more features, and are far, far superior to what Daz offers. Its not even close.
Honestly, I just don't see any good reason why one should bother with Daz's gens at all. Plus the sky high price of a pro bundle for the gens. Though I do admit at this point I have bought some pro bundles, I still think its a very stupid practice that doesn't do anybody any good. It doesn't matter what the excuse is, its not good enough. This is a site that sells 3D ART content.
For those characters without Anatomical Elements textures, there's a free "Torso UV" for both the Male and Female Daz gens. You use the Torso surface, and the UV makes it work with the gens. It does provide a perfect color match..
There are also shells to add color and texture to the Daz gens.
As for why? In my experience, the Daz gens work better across a broader range of motion. While the Daz gens have fewer options than third party gens even with morph packages, simplicity isn't always a problem. You can set it up faster and pose it in a much simpler way. This might not work for close-range shots, but most of the time, you're not doing gynocological detail work if you're actually producing images at the end of the day.
Yes, third party gens are generally better, but there are reasons to use the Daz gens. (Moreso on the male side, IMO, but the female gens are also good if you use them to their strengths.)
What differentiates all these 2080 ti cards?I have benchmark results from my 2070/1080ti combo on 4.11 and 4.12. Enabling RTX definitely sped up the pair.
I thought that was the case, but its good to know. So in the future I could get a 3080ti and pair it with the trusty 1080ti.
Ended up grabbing a 2080 super, I can't believe I just spent 1500 on a single PC component. This better not be DOA, and better last a few years, yeesh lol.
You can sometimes buy extended warranties on these if you are concerned. If you bought EVGA, they offer a 5 year and a 10 year plan. The cost is based on price, but it caps at US $500. The 5 year plan caps at $30, and the 10 year plan caps at $60. The time length includes the standard 3 year manufacturer warranty, so the 5 year plans adds an extra 2 years, the 10 year plan adds 7. You are covered for the full term, meaning that you can get your card repaired/replaced as many times as it may need. I have dealt with EVGA's RMA process before thanks to a lightning strike killing my 1080ti, and I was very happy with them. You want to know the best part...I bought the GPU used from ebay. It still has a warranty on it, and EVGA's warranties will transfer to second hand buyers. Basically whoever owns the card, if the card is under warranty, it is still covered.
I know I probably sound like I am paid spokesperson here, but I just think that this warranty is genuinely fantastic deal that is unmatched by anybody else. You can add the warranty to almost any EVGA product purchased from any retailer. Just go to the EVGA website within I think 2 weeks and you can purchase the warranty there when registering the product.
Also, just a note, EVGA power supplies now include a 10 year warranty as standard. I thought that was pretty interesting.
Issue with EJ Body Shape and Detail Morphs for Genesis 8 FemalesJust bought this product and installed but can't see the morph dials anywhere. Under Content Library/Product I can see presets for the full body morphs but nothing in the Parameters or Shaping tabs. Have de-installed, re-installed, shutdown and restarted and refreshed content DB but no access to the morphs.
Any ideas?
Stranded WhiskersHi guys :) - sorry no movement morphs.
Fibermesh files get really big, the more morphs the more things get weighed down and I wanted to provide a more versatile product.
I can do movement morphs but what I would need to do is design lets say specific long beard, something like a Wizards Beard.
Also sorry if the name Stranded was confusing. All of my previous works only allowed for a single UV map across every fiber, the only way in the past I could create the salt and pepper look was to create add-on fibers as a separate figure. This time I managed to get various strands (hence the name) into the same figure, BUT that also came at a price, the whole process of morph creation changed too.
If you like the idea of a single look beard but with more movement morphs and some limited style options, this can be done and I'm certainly open to any feedback or criticism. This will help me make better products in the future.
User tip for Stranded Whiskers: pending on your lighting source, play around with the Glossy Roughness settings and Translucency function, it can help create a softer look.
Cheers Laticis
HH Werewolf [Commercial]Now we're talking. I am so glad that it isn't a T-Rex. Awesome figure and since it's stand alone you need to add 3 things to it, Poses,Poses,Poses .
Great work Herschel I'll be buying it.
Thanks and 10 full-body poses are included. I was going to include a handful of partials but didn't see the need except for the hands. If you think it needs a larger library of poses just let me know.
This will be an insta-buy! I've been waiting for a more "wolf-like" werewolf model for a long time! My only hope/wish is that there would also be some morph dials for a more lithe/feminine figure (not like female female with breasts, etc but just a bit more delicate...if that makes any sense at all)
Think could be a possible morph expansive product in the future.
Finally a werewolf that is more wolf than man. This was on our wish list for the longest time. Thank you. I can only hope that it is out before Halloween!
I, too, will cross fingers to get it in time for some Halloween renders !
It's just waiting on a release date to be given. I suspect it will hit the store in the upcoming weeks, well ahead of Halloween.
is there a Face Transfer threadI am using beta 4.12.0.47 and I cannot find where this plugin is run from. Can anyone help?
You have to update your DS PB 4.12.0.47 to DS PB 4.12.0.73 & upgrade the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Female & Genesis 8 Starter Essential Male before 'Face Transfer' is available.
After you do:
Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus
You can then do:
Window - Panes (Tabs) - Face Transfer
There you will have a tab (pane) that you can dock or keep floating. On that dock are tutorial videos on how to use it but if you read the UI elements on that tab they are pretty clear. It's easier to use than FaceGen.
Morph creation tutorials?I'd like to try creating a morph for the Daz Housecat to look more like a bobcat, but I'm not even sure how to start.
Wouldn't have to be Hexagon specific. I've had good luck watching videos for Blender or something else and adapting. It's more the concepts of creating it, loading it back into Studio as a morph, etc.
Zbrush Core 2018 with DAZ products?I had totally forgotten that I had purchased Zbrush Core until today and wondered if there were any additions to the 2018 update that made it easier (or possible for that matter) to bring in a Genesis 8 figure or other products, morph them, and send them back to Studio. I know about the issues with mesh resolution differences and such, but if anyone has a simple step-by-step guide or can share a link to a video that might explain it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.














