• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    there isn't one, the best one can do is use the geograft products by Cayman  or transfer using vertex painting

    https://www.daz3d.com/cayman-studios#index=6&filtered=1

    if you have Autodesk Maya I believe you can transfer UV mapping but the surfaces between G1 and G8 are different 

    and for this the geometry(shape) should not match as much as possible? 

    and I didn't find the product for genesis 1 in the link you sent

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    there isn't one, the best one can do is use the geograft products by Cayman  or transfer using vertex painting

    https://www.daz3d.com/cayman-studios#index=6&filtered=1

    if you have Autodesk Maya I believe you can transfer UV mapping but the surfaces between G1 and G8 are different 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • dForce - fp16, fp32 or FP64 ?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    I don't think this has been stated. Have you tried running some tests, just draping a fairly high division plane over another primitive for example?

      Hi, thanks for replying, yes, though I was hoping someone from Daz would chip in and give a definitive answer.
      Not their first line support, because I know they don't know their software that well from a technical point of view, they seem to be more there for usage questions -  I had some interaction with them, where I could see luckily I am an IT person and was even a DBA, or I would have spent literally weeks to do everything they told me, when actually the problem I had was simply related to a morph (and the hint in the right direction was actually in the fora here on the web site, given by an user).
       Someone who is more deeply in the inner details/specifications or development could have answered giving direclty the answer.

       I tried to run some scene through the different cards, and the results are definitively.... inconclusive ! :-D
       There is a slight difference, but we are talking in general of about 2.5 minutes over 157 minues (the other runnings had similar results, in one way or another), less than 2% - even considering that between optimal testing, and real use (I did not have only Daz running on the computer, though the cards I used for the sims where not the one connected to the screen) there is always a distance, this does not reflect the difference between the theoretical card performances, in any area.
       If it was FP16 the older card would be faster, if it was FP64 the older card would be hugely faster (like 8 times the speed), if it was F32 the newer card would be faster, but in a much more visible way (like 30% or so).
       Both cards support OpenCL 3.0, that is why both can be used for dForce.
       OpenCL is meant so that one can run the same application on GPU and CPUs of different makers (Nvidia, AMD, Intel), and can even parallelise between different GPUs and CPUs in the same computer, even from different makers,. It is logical it was used for Daz Studio, so it could work whether there was no GPU acceleration, Nvidia GPU, AMD GPU or Intel GPU.
       There are three ways to parallelise OpenCL, hence take full advantage of having multiple cards and multiple CPUs: 1) the software is made considering parallelisation; 2) the software is made with "standard" OpenCL but uses a parallelisation library that deals with the parallelisation (linked at compilation time); 3) the software uses a tool that allow OpenCL parallelisation at execution (though that was an academic article, I have to check how it was implemented, it may not be possible to use it at all, both for technical and possibly legal reasons).
       But the results, and the fact one can select only one card for dForce, mean Daz Studio is using none of these methods.
       The difference between the non-parallelised Daz Studio OpenCL and the parallelised Iray, is visible in the  fact that the same scene I used needed 1h57-1h55 for the simulation, but Iray rendering takes a couple of minutes, because it uses all three card at once.
      It is true that a physics body simulation is not exactly the same as rendering, but even with the optimisations of the newer cards, rendering with raytracing is anyway actually a physics simulation (simulating the path or rays of light).
     
      I guess I will have to see if the old trick of starting a second instance still works, so I can have one instance doing dForce on one scene using one card, while I use another instance to work on another scene, and eventually render (excluding from Iray rendering the card used for dForce, just to be on the safe side),  in parallel, that can also be a way of being able to work faster and take advantage of CPUs and GPUs in the machine.      

         

    By

    alofaro alofaro March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    I have a special addon in blender that can transfer textures and morphs from one model to another by uv

    I want to transfer data from genesis 1 to genesis female 8.

    I know about Genesis Generation X2 but it doesn't work for me.

    please share uv for genesis 1 and 8

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • G8M body hairs to G8.1M

    vwrangler said:

    What puzzles me is, what's different about body hair and head hair? There doesn't seem to be an incompatibility issue with the dForce head hair that exists. I wonder if the skull cap that they all use prevents this issue from happening. 

    The difference is that head hair is grown on a haircap, while body hair is grown directly on the skin. That makes it dependent on the surface names, which don't match between 8 and 8.1. What I've done in the past is load the density map on a G8.1 using G8 UVs, map transfer torso to head and body, then apply the maps to their respective surfaces on the hair.

    By

    Gordig Gordig March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger thread

    I like Cinnabar's morphs, but their textures don't really suit my style. I was curious how Finley would look with other textures, and I like the result. (Morph is 100% Finley, but with VO Mariko proportions at 50% to shorten him a bit, some teeth morphs from NG Build Your Own Smile Orthodontics, and iris morphs from Natural Eyes II. Texture is Dexon3D's Cody from RenderHub with Nathan 9's eyes; eyebrows are Finley's; lashes are Soto's Lashes Utilities for Genesis 9; hair is XYZ's Modern Undercut; brows, lashes, and hair use Revolution Omni Shader; t-shirt is OOT's Masculine Modern Shirt Collection; and the light is one of the iRadiance HDRIs.)

    By

    Zaarin Zaarin March 2025 in The Commons
  • Smoothing Belly

    Easy Shape Master and Vinme Morphs for Genesis 9 both have morphs for Belly Smoothing (ss1). But if you know Blender, you can quickly smooth the belly (by using smooth brush and import as a morph to G9) for free ~~ (ss2)

    By

    crosswind crosswind March 2025 in New Users
  • Smoothing Belly

    I don't think there would be a simple solution since the definition is probably being supplied by a custom-sculpted figure morph. If the figure has a split head and body morph (as many figures do) you can dial the body down to zero and perhaps recreate the parts you did want from other morphs? If you still wanted the rest of the body morph then there is the Shape Splitter product in the store but I don't have experience with that so not sure how easy that is or whether it will do what you want.

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen March 2025 in New Users
  • Issues with Eyebrow Animation and Motion Transfer from Daz Studio to Cinema 4D

    Hello,

    I created multiple animations using the Genesis 9 figure in Daz Studio. Some of these animations include eyebrow movements, which were created using the Pose Controls. However, when I transfer the animation to Cinema 4D using Daz to C4D, all other motions transfer correctly, but the eyebrow movements do not.

    Even when I export the animation as an FBX file, the eyebrows remain static in Cinema 4D. In fact, I’ve noticed that some other animations from Daz Studio also don’t import correctly into Cinema 4D.

    Is there a way to fix this issue? Or is it a known limitation that Daz animations don’t fully transfer to Cinema 4D? I would appreciate any advice or solutions.

    Thank you.

    By

    dydgnsska81 dydgnsska81 March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    Cozy said:

    Thank you so much for the explanation and interpretation!

    Once you have applied all your HD morphs onto your character in Daz Studio and dialled up viewport SubD, then you have created a HD character shape whch you can export via diffeomorphic.  Note that the HD 'shape' will appear in Blender on the modifiers tab as a multiresolution modifier. It wont be a shapekey aka "morph" in Blender but rather an HD sculpt that is baked into the multires modifier.

    By 'applied all your HD morphs', do you simply mean using the dials? Sorry to ask, but I just wanted to make sure.

    If I see the effects in the viewport, do I still need to increase the SubD? Right now, 'SubDivision Level' is 2 and 'Render SubD Level (Minimum) is 3, and these are unchanged from default but still show the desired results.

    Understood on the multires.

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/wiki/Export/High-resolution Export To Blender

    Please note that the HD information is baked from the viewport, so in daz studio you need to set the viewport subdivision to the desired level before exporting.

    If you think Subd2 level of 2 is enough, then thats enough. Some vendors make HD morphs at like higher levels though. Up to you what level of detail you want.

     

    If you want to have a HD shapekey or HD "morph" in Blender, i.e., something that you can dial up and down, then you can't do that unless you bake into a Displacement Map (i.e., by using the Xin HD addon to do this). Blender doesnt have any such thing as an HD shapekey/HD Morph system. The closest thing we have is dissolving between or layering on different displacement maps. Xin's addon can convert HD morphs from Daz Studio into displacement maps and then hook them up to drivers so you can dial them up and down in Blender.  Doing it manually would be very tedious.

    So i think what Padone is getting at is (using their own definitions)

    "HD Shape" = your HD character shape from Daz Studio (which could be constituted from 100s of various HD morphs) that Diffeomorphic bakes into the multires modifier in Blender. The multires modifier can only be set to either on or off, by turning on the Modifier in your modifier stack in Blender. It cant be dialled up or down in Blender.  In this way it is a baked shape and you cant dial in the various HD morphs like HD glutes or HD cellulite.  The whole HD cahracter shape is either on or off depending if you have the multires on or off.

    "HD Morph" = something more dynamic that can be dialled in/out as needed in Blender. You have to bake these component HD morphs from Daz to displacement map using Xin's HD addon because Blender doesnt support multires shapekeys.

    Understood on Blender not having that. The main confusion I had was over the dials and Padone's definitions. Since I don't want to dial them up and down, I don't need to use Xin's, is that right? As such, all I need to do is follow Diffeo's HD Tools' documentation found here: https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2020/09/high-resolution-meshes.html Is that correct?

    Thanks again for the help!

    In daz studio, there are some things like HD correctives and HD facial expression morphs which would be useful to have set up with drivers using Xin's HD addon, but up to you if you want those additional features.

    If you just want your HD character from daz studio viewport, then diffeo's export HD option will put that on the multires modifier.

    By

    lilweep lilweep March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    Thank you so much for the explanation and interpretation!

    Once you have applied all your HD morphs onto your character in Daz Studio and dialled up viewport SubD, then you have created a HD character shape whch you can export via diffeomorphic.  Note that the HD 'shape' will appear in Blender on the modifiers tab as a multiresolution modifier. It wont be a shapekey aka "morph" in Blender but rather an HD sculpt that is baked into the multires modifier.

    By 'applied all your HD morphs', do you simply mean using the dials? Sorry to ask, but I just wanted to make sure.

    If I see the effects in the viewport, do I still need to increase the SubD? Right now, 'SubDivision Level' is 2 and 'Render SubD Level (Minimum) is 3, and these are unchanged from default but still show the desired results.

    Understood on the multires.

    If you want to have a HD shapekey or HD "morph" in Blender, i.e., something that you can dial up and down, then you can't do that unless you bake into a Displacement Map (i.e., by using the Xin HD addon to do this). Blender doesnt have any such thing as an HD shapekey/HD Morph system. The closest thing we have is dissolving between or layering on different displacement maps. Xin's addon can convert HD morphs from Daz Studio into displacement maps and then hook them up to drivers so you can dial them up and down in Blender.  Doing it manually would be very tedious.

    So i think what Padone is getting at is (using their own definitions)

    "HD Shape" = your HD character shape from Daz Studio (which could be constituted from 100s of various HD morphs) that Diffeomorphic bakes into the multires modifier in Blender. The multires modifier can only be set to either on or off, by turning on the Modifier in your modifier stack in Blender. It cant be dialled up or down in Blender.  In this way it is a baked shape and you cant dial in the various HD morphs like HD glutes or HD cellulite.  The whole HD cahracter shape is either on or off depending if you have the multires on or off.

    "HD Morph" = something more dynamic that can be dialled in/out as needed in Blender. You have to bake these component HD morphs from Daz to displacement map using Xin's HD addon because Blender doesnt support multires shapekeys.

    Understood on Blender not having that. The main confusion I had was over the dials and Padone's definitions. Since I don't want to dial them up and down, I don't need to use Xin's, is that right? As such, all I need to do is follow Diffeo's HD Tools' documentation found here: https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2020/09/high-resolution-meshes.html Is that correct?

    Thanks again for the help!

    By

    Cozy Cozy March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    Once you have applied all your HD morphs onto your character in Daz Studio and dialled up viewport SubD, then you have created a HD character shape whch you can export via diffeomorphic.  Note that the HD 'shape' will appear in Blender on the modifiers tab as a multiresolution modifier. It wont be a shapekey aka "morph" in Blender but rather an HD sculpt that is baked into the multires modifier.

    If you want to have a HD shapekey or HD "morph" in Blender, i.e., something that you can dial up and down, then you can't do that unless you bake into a Displacement Map (i.e., by using the Xin HD addon to do this). Blender doesnt have any such thing as an HD shapekey/HD Morph system. The closest thing we have is dissolving between or layering on different displacement maps. Xin's addon can convert HD morphs from Daz Studio into displacement maps and then hook them up to drivers so you can dial them up and down in Blender.  Doing it manually would be very tedious.

    So i think what Padone is getting at is (using their own definitions)

    "HD Shape" = your HD character shape from Daz Studio (which could be constituted from 100s of various HD morphs) that Diffeomorphic bakes into the multires modifier in Blender. The multires modifier can only be set to either on or off, by turning on the Modifier in your modifier stack in Blender. It cant be dialled up or down in Blender.  In this way it is a baked shape and you cant dial in the various HD morphs like HD glutes or HD cellulite.  The whole HD cahracter shape is either on or off depending if you have the multires on or off.

    "HD Morph" = something more dynamic that can be dialled in/out as needed in Blender. You have to bake these component HD morphs from Daz to displacement map using Xin's HD addon because Blender doesnt support multires shapekeys.

    By

    lilweep lilweep March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    How can I tell if something is an HD shape as opposed to an HD morph?

    You state 'The HD shape must be visible in the daz viewport when we export', and I see the desired shape on the character. However, this was done via HD morphs.

    In the products' own words, they are:

    Body Diversity Morphs for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Included Morph Dials (.DSF):
    Partial Lower Body Dials:
    Cellulite HD

    and

    Glutes Utilities HD Morph:
    Cellulite HD

    Looking into the files, they both have .dhdm files, so I assume this confirms that these are HD morphs? Does this mean the character mesh is now an HD shape or is 'HD shape' referring to the fact that more geometry is needed?

    Also, when you say 'HD morphs imported without the Xin addon do work, but will only affect the base mesh, not the HD layer.', what is the difference between the base mesh and the HD layer?

    Is the HD layer a means of improving performance rather than relying on the geometry of the base mesh or are both affected regardless when using Xin's?

    I don't know if this is relevant, but I don't plan on changing the morph once the desired look is present in Blender since it isn't an expression if that influences whether I should use the HD tools in Diffeo as opposed to Xin's.

    Thanks again for any answers you can provide!

    By

    Cozy Cozy March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    It is important to distinguish between HD shapes and HD morphs.

    The HD shape must be visible in the daz viewport when we export, so you may want to set the desired subd level. Then it is imported as multires, not visible in the blender viewport by default for performance reasons, but visible in render.

    The HD morphs are those morphs affecting the HD shape, that we want to import as morphs in blender. For example the HD facial expressions. In this case we need the HD addon by Xin to convert the HD morphs to a blender displacement map, then the addon also sets up a driver for the morph to work.

    Diffeomorphic / import_daz / wiki / Features / HD Tools — Bitbucket

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/1862/

    note. HD morphs imported without the Xin addon do work, but will only affect the base mesh, not the HD layer.

    By

    Padone Padone March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Willow 9

    3Diva said:

    A request for anyone with some extra time - is it possible to see Willow 9 mixed with a couple of other characters - maybe some creatures? It's not a big deal if people don't have the time or the figures/characters to do so. :) Was just curious how she might "toon-ify" creatures or less human characters.

    It would be interesting to see somebody turn her into "Dr. T'Ana" (the grumpy foul mouthed Caitian from "Lower Decks") by blending Willow with one or another of the G9 "cat people" morph sets.

    By

    Redfern Redfern March 2025 in The Commons
  • Who is the character used in the promo for "Coquette Tattoos for Genesis 9"?

    Hi everyone!

    I’m trying to identify the character used in the promo images for the product Coquette Tattoos for Genesis 9 (by 3D Sugar Stardust Angel). (https://www.daz3d.com/coquette-tattoos-for-genesis-9)

    She has a super cute and expressive look, and I’d love to know which character or morph was used — whether it’s a custom morph, a specific Genesis 9/8.1 character, or a product available in the store.

    The product page mentions a few outfits and poses (like the Sunny Days Outfit and Coquette Pose Set), but not the figure or skin used.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

    By

    magiciancraft88 magiciancraft88 March 2025 in The Commons
  • Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

    I just picked up the Ranger Bundle for Genesis 2 Female - it had been on my wishlist for ages but when I saw I could nab it for just over $3 I had to finally grab it! I'm glad I did! It does nicely with Filatoon. The gloves were a bit fiddly to transfer to Filatoon, but I finally got it worked out. The rest of it did great "out of the box" with the FilaToon settings. 

    By

    3Diva 3Diva March 2025 in The Commons
  • DS 4.23 "forgets" that my Premier Plugins are registered

    Yes. I do. And I had used the shape transfer tool once (well, twice. It errored on one model. But it was the same session), before this weekend. I don't know when the tools stopped showing up exactly because I hadn't had need for them in the few days in between.
    Still not there on a new load today. 

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Shadowdream said:

     Yeah, it still isn't working. I have fully logged out and closed the program, left it for five minutes, reloaded the program (which logs me back in) and then closed and restarted it again. Multiple times. Still no Premier tools.
    I'm also one of those people who was hit with my remaining membership time not showing correctly since the annual memberships have been re-added. I've put in a ticket for that, but maybe it's related? I claimed my free month of Premier, it said my renewal date would be 4/28, and now it says it's 3/28 again. Maybe, even though I still have the coupons and the program still says Premier, something isn't quite right, and some parts of the system aren't crediting that month? Just a theory.
     

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Shadowdream said:

    I'm having the same issue. My account is always online, and Daz Studio seems to recognize that I have premier, as it says Premier on the splash screen and up at the top of the screen. I had the tools exactly once since I have had a premier account (I have only had it for a few days). I don't see geometry sculptor under tools or the tools settings pane. There is no "manage" on the simulation settings pane, no queue tab on the render settings pane, etc.
    I have restarted the program a few times today and I've logged out and back in, and it's still not showing up.

    There was an issue, fixed in a recent beta, that meant if authorisation expired while DS was connected then it wouldn't revalidate until the next start or log-in - but if you restarted the application that should have revalidated, but a second restart would be needed for the plug-ins to be available. However, two restarts, the first logged in, should have revalidated and enabled everything.

    You do have DS Pro, though - with the serial number, showing the content creation tools (e.g. Tools>Geometry Editor, Joint Editor, etc.)?

    By

    Shadowdream Shadowdream March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic and HD Morphs Question

    I wanted to doublecheck and ask people more familiar with Diffeomorphic and models with HD morphs.

    I'm trying to import a character that uses the cellulite morphs in Glutes Utilities for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Body Diversity Morphs for Genesis 8 Female(s) into Blender, but after manually importing, it looks like the morphs are not appearing.

    I looked into the Diffeo manuals saw the post 'DAZ HD Morphs and Xin's Addon' but wanted to make sure that is up-to-date/if this is the right thing I need to do to transfer these morphs over. Edit: Also, if that's correct, I assume I'll need to make an HD mesh of the character to use the HD morphs as per Xin's addon's instructions?

    Any help would be appreciated!

     

    By

    Cozy Cozy March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • K-Pop Female Character

    Mattymanx said:

    crosswind said:

    More or less just a Base head morph needs to be generated, it doesn't have to be perfect. Blending / tweaking with partial head morphs (or plus the head morphs from other characters) as per the idol picture is the key ~~

    Here's an example of my Korean characters that I ever made with the similar way. Well... plus some sculpting I have to say ~~

    Looks really good!!!

    SNSD Genie fan art ? ?

    Thank you Mattymanx, you know K-Pop well !  Unfortunately she's not... but just a virtual girl ~~ blush

    By

    crosswind crosswind March 2025 in Product Suggestions
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.