-
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE TREDICI
Kainjy said:
Oltre a rimuovere i prodotti necessari (cosa che odio perchè su molti vecchi prodotti non si capisce una mazza.. quelli nuovi è scritto nel titolo ma quelli vecchi no), hanno fatto anche un casino con l'algoritmo di ricerca:
- se premi su shop (in alto a sinistra) ti appare il classico sistema di ricerca,
- se usi la search bar in alto a destra ti appare un motore di ricerca nuovo ma con la metà delle opzioni. Inoltre tale sistema è buggato perchè se gli chiedi di ordinare per prezzo (dal più basso al più alto) gli oggetti vengono sì ordinati ma non in base al prezzo attuale, ma a quello base.... dunque se un oggetto è scontato esso magari apparirà molto più in là nei risultati solo perchè il suo prezzo pieno è più alto (vedete i fast grab a 2,99 € di oggi dove sono...)
Non capisco poi a cosa è servito mettere le iconcine sotto le miniature se non c'è la possibilità di filtrare nella ricerca per tipologia di prodotto... (tra l'altro alcune mi sembrano messe ad cazzium) perdi 15 minuti a scervellarti nelle descrizioni solo per capire se stai acquistando asset, pose, vestiti o morph perchè le icone non sono chiare (mettere una legenda era difficile ?) e non è chiara neanche la descrizione a volte.
Se ti fermi con il puntatore su una delle icone ti dice di che si tratta, da quel punto di vista è un aiuto.
Il nuovo motore è grazioso ma come dici tu è lacunoso di molte funzioni che il vecchio aveva. Stessa cosa che hanno fatto con Central, un sacco di disegnini ma nessuna funzione utile.
Welcome to the loneliest thread ever… (or maybe not)Fair point. However...
Quote. "In order to add this block to the blockchain, this miner must race against time—and other miners—to solve a cryptographic puzzle."
That is a feature of the way one or two current cryptocurrency firms are doing particular blockchains. It is not a necessary feature of distributed ledgers. It is very misleading to imply that that is an inherent feature of NFTs and contracts cleared through blockchains. It is not the way that the firms using the Fintech "sandboxes" under the supervision of the financial regulators are managing their Blockchains. Now, on the other hand, financial firms have far more settlement and clearing transactions than the art world, so the total clearing need is far greater. When financial firms transact on behalf of clients, they must act quickly, but they are already acting as the agents on behalf of the their customers and their payment is already assured. Just one of the many payment systems coordinating transactions through the Bank for International Settlements needs to clear over 26 billion contracts annually.
https://stats.bis.org/statx/srs/table/t13?c=US&p=2019
There are many such central counterparties that predate blockchain using an older electronic technology. So, compare the clearing requirement of a distributed ledger for the 26 billion annual FCC contracts cleared by BIS as a distributed ledger compared to traditional central counter party clearing. In this case, both electronic. The distributed ledger is more efficient and more transparent for all users. In a world of contracted intermediaries (agents) , no, there is no need to have an artificial race to drive payments that would drive the CO2 calculation in that chart. The race (and CO2) is not necessary for the ledger.
My points about the spread of distributed ledgers (blockchain under a different name) across many industries (NFTs) in the future remains the same.
Here is an example of Blockchain application in medical research. I am going to excerpt the author's statement about when it is appropriate to use a blockchain ledger and when it is wasteful. Notice the reference to vulnerability to fraud, and which direction that leads the authors to.
"Although there can be many applications of blockchain technology, it is necessary that blockchain be an appropriate technical solution to a particular problem. If there are no incentives for data tampering and all writers can be trusted, blockchain technology is not necessary. On the other hand, if there are incentives for data tampering and it costs a lot to use a trusted third party, such as the Clinical Research Organization, using blockchain makes sense. Due to the frequent occurrences of misconduct in clinical trials and the large consumptions of clinical trial budgets and time by current SDV practices, blockchain is an appropriate technical application in the data management of clinical trials to solve these problems."
https://www.jmir.org/2020/6/e18938/
Data Validation and Verification Using Blockchain in a Clinical Trial for Breast Cancer: Regulatory Sandbox
Published on 2.6.2020 in Vol 22, No 6 (2020): June
Tomonobu Hirano 1
; Tomomitsu Motohashi 1
; Kosuke Okumura 1
; Kentaro Takajo 1
; Taiyo Kuroki 1
; Daisuke Ichikawa 1
; Yutaka Matsuoka 2
; Eisuke Ochi 2, 3
; Taro Ueno 1
Uninstall Daz CentralIf you uninstall Daz Central you will not be able to uninstall the applications or content (until you reinstall), but they will still work. However, you will free up very little space.
Uninstall Daz CentralSorry if it's a stupid question, but can I uninstall Daz Central without losing Daz3d? Searching for Daz in my list of programmes gives me only Daz Install Manager -32.0 MB) , Daz Install Manager (64 bit) 39.1MB, and Daz Central (64 bit) 262MB. I'm looking to free up disk space.
New install"Duplicate formula found linking Ying Body & Ying Tai Apply in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/redz/ying tai/Ying Tai Apply.dsf."
Sounds like "Ying Tai" has a problem with herself... Unless you also have a character called "Ying" - Fix; uninstall "Ying Tai""Duplicate formula found linking PBMNavel & KyndelHead in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/hotlilme74/kyndel/KyndelHead.dsf"
Kyndel is in conflict with "PBMNavel" - Fix; uninstall "Kyndel""Duplicate formula found linking G2F_MCMPBMPregnantFwd & G2F_PBMPregnant in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis 2
Female/G2F_MCMPBMPregnantFwd.dsf."
Have you converted G2F figures to G3F?
I would remove them, as they are creating problems (remove everything inside the folder "...\D3D Gen X\...")": Syntax error - expected '{' or '['"
These you should download again and reinstall, the decoding of the files has been botched by the installer you have used - Which method
of installing did you use?
(DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect (inside DS)/Manual installation)When you have removed "Ying Tai" and "Kyndel", re-downloaded the ones with "Syntax error" and re-installed them (the syntax error ones), you should get far shorter list to continue.
Welcome to the loneliest thread ever… (or maybe not)My 2 cents, and many more 2 cents.
Like the past, I predict the future will have bleakness and awesomeness. Even though there has been lip service paid to the difference between an NFT, a blockchain, and a cryptocurrency, the discussion has generally linked all of the above - and the legal rights accompanying those.
Some related financial history
What is being called a blockchain is just a ledger of recorded transactions. There is nothing inherently good or evil, futuristic or traditional, legal or illegal about a ledger. All of those attributes are really about what the ledger records (including rights), who gets to review the ledger, and when. Blockchain ledgers have the advantage of being simultaneously observable by all members in real time - or kept concealed. In contrast, during the banking panics in 1933, nobody knew what the financial ledger of Bank of Bumficc really looked like until they could get an opportunity to send an auditor in person to review a physical book. In a panic, that sucks.
Any medium of exchange can be used to purchase and clear the transactions recorded in a ledger. It doesn't have to be a cryptocurrency. In ante-bellum New England, a private bank called Suffolk maintained a payments and clearing ledger for notes of other private banks that served as currency, so the US had hundreds of NON-FUNGIBLE bank notes circulating as currency. Think bank note currency is odd? Consider Bank of England notes in Around the World in 80 Days. The Suffolk system failed with the Panic of 1857 and New England experienced a deep recession. After the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency was created in 1863, federally sponsored clearinghouses maintained similar ledgers for all federlly chartered banks and used a single FUNGIBLE federal bank note for payments and clearing. The clearinghouses provided emergency clearinghouse certificates to OCC-regulated members to each other to avoid a repeat of the aftermath of the Suffolk system collapse. The Panics of 1893 and 1907 exposed the problems of the Clearinghouse system and a commission was formed, which resulted in... (wait for it)... the Federal Reserve, which to this day maintains the payments and clearing system for fungible Federal Reserve Notes (look closely at your dollar bills). The banking panics in 1933 exposed the vulnerability of the Federal Reserve System. So the US has had periods of fungible and non-fungible payments and clearing.
What is the point? A ledger isn't the problem or the solution. A currency (private bank notes, federally regulated bank notes, federal reserve system notes) isn't the problem or the solution. Instead, fraud is a problem in any system. Short term panic is a problem in any system. Flights to safety caused by uncertainty are problems in any system. The potential failure or conflicted priorities of the ledger-keeper and clearing institution is a problem in any system. Potential for fraud, short term panics, flights to safety, and conflicting priorities of central clearing institutions exist for all ledgers, all currencies, and all clearing systems. Simultanously observable ledgers like currently offered blockchains can increase transparency and reduce fraud (or kept concealed) in a way that the physical limitation of traditional account books could not.
You can record any rights you want, or not, in the ledger. In the South Pacific, for large transactions such as land, people used giant stones as the medium of exchange. It was extremely rare to actually move a stone between islands. The entire payment and clearing system relied on maintaining agreement of who owned which stones without moving them very often. Reportedly, when a stone being transported sank to the bottom of the ocean, the ledger keepers just agreed that that stone still existed, still marked new ownership of the transaction which caused the sinking, and was still capable of being used as the medium of exchange for future transactions. Is a no longer observable stone at the bottom of the ocean a crypto-stone?
Blockchains are just ledgers. Ownership of tokens (fungible and non-fungible) are just some of the classes of items whose ownership can be recorded in the ledgers. Cryptocurrencies (currently fungible but don't have to be) are just some examples of mediums of exchange which can be used for payment and clearing.
I predict that the hostility to finance in general, and Bitcoin, blockchains, and NFTs in paticular, will result in these names being abandoned. But like it or not, blockchain ledgers combined with 'smart contracts' are likely to be the future of some industries. Consider book publishing (article linked below). Authors, publishers, and distributors are still searching for means for authors to get royalties for used book sales, especially college textbooks. A ledger that records all of the subsequent purchasers of Finance 101 by David Ricardo, with royalties for future sales flowing to David Ricardo, is one way for property rights to be enforced - the opposite of fraud. There is no reason that these transactions can't be recordd in a blockchain and paid and cleared in US dollars, Euros, Yen, etc. instead of a cryptocurrency.
So, they won't call David Ricardo's Finance 101 an NFT, they will call it something else. And they won't call the ledger used to track changes in ownership and royalties rights a Blockchain, they will call it something else. And the means of payment won't be a cryptocurrency dependent on computer processing mining, it will be something else.
Whether there is a corresponding role for ledgers in art ownership that can benefit creators that there is in literature, I encourage everyone to consider for themselves. What rights and contract terms need to be recorded in the ledger to ensure that creators are compensated? And purchasers are not cheated? Whatever those answers are, stick it in the ledger. You are being just as 'futuristic' as pre-industrial Pacific Islanders and ante-bellum New Englanders.
And whatever people end up choosing to call these ledgers, and items being transacted in them, and whatever currency they choose to use to pay and clear, they will still have to cope with fraud, panic, flights to safety, and ill-defined missions of central banks. That is because those fundamental problems are caused by the human condition, not by NFTs.
200 Plus Puppeteer Interface for Genesis 8 & 8.1 (Commercial)Richard Haseltine said:
zabihassan02 said:
Hello! Id appreciate support regarding the tool. It was installed by Daz Central and it seems to be opening just fine. The problem is that it doesnt affect the Genesis 8 and 8.1 model at all. On preview mode/edit/render doesnt matter, just doesnt change anything on the model.
Thanks,Z
You do have the 200 Plus morphs installed too?
I have the same problem and after unnistall and install back it goes like this....
You can't get daz studio by itself anymore? I have to download central?Sorry, was DC Daz Connect or Daz Central? I think I was assuming the former previously.
June 2021 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Scenes, Landscapes, and Working ModularlyAlias52 said:
Alewis478 said:
Beginner Challenge (landscapes)
Above the clouds
Daz studio
I'm going to try a couple different things on the mesa, instead of the city, but this is what I'm working on.
I love the clouds and mountains - is that a backdrop? The little tower works very well but the Forsaken Keep doesn't quite look right in all its entirety. Perhaps try just the central Keep and Tower bit. I also like this particular set Dark Tower | Daz 3D - I could see it being up high for your Gargoyles.
The clouds and mountains are from the HDRI I chose. https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-ibl-above-the-clouds-hdri
I've withdrawn this entry though. I realized choosing a good HRDI isn't quite in the spirit of the competition and doesn't exactly teach me anything.
Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge - Meet the Teamscobb3_60a649a03a said:
Where can I find older versions now? This new update won't work at all for me.. probably because DAZ Central wont install it, but manually installed the plugin is not finding the exported files.
If you do have the time it would be great if you could open a ticket so we can get the Daz Central installation fixed if it is a bug. For now though for the newest version to work you do need to update the Daz side and the cinema 4d side as both have changed drastically.
Here are all the old versions. There is only one version before the newest version which is 1.1.
https://github.com/daz3d/DazToC4D/tags
This is the newest version
https://github.com/daz3d/DazToC4D/releases/tag/1.2.0
Github is the best spot to get the newest updates and any bug fixes we make before the public release.Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge - Meet the TeamWhere can I find older versions now? This new update won't work at all for me.. probably because DAZ Central wont install it, but manually installed the plugin is not finding the exported files.
Daz Studio Install IssueTwo new error are creeping in. Daz Central Does show that Daz Studio is installed and now getting the second error message when trying to launch asset from daz central
Daz Studio Install IssueThat is correct after I did the reinstall it installed everything back to the C drive as I had issues getting it to go onto the e-drive which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and left as default and get help because when I messed up. I created a folder on my E: drive called E:\Daz 3d and I want to have all my assets to go here so when I install a new asset I can manually install it if I get a third party or if I download from Daz Central I want it to install there.
Daz Studio Install IssueWhere is your content installed exactly? You say your files are showing on E: drive but DS preferences and paths in both DIM and Central in your screenshot point to C: so that would explain why you can't open them.
Daz Studio Install IssueHopefully someone can give me some guidance.
I did an install of daz3d the other day and today i wanted to install some of the content that I purchased. Originally I had the install of the daz program and central on the c drive. Today I uninstalled everything for Daz as I wanted to move everything including the install files to 2TB Drive. I did the uninstall viz Daz Central and then I uninstalled DAZ central. I noticed that all the install directories were still on my system. So I wiped everything for Daz off my PC to do a fresh clean install. Rebooted my system and redid the install moving everything to the external drive. The install went fine and daz and Central reinstalled fine.
Here is where the trouble started, So I started to redownload the assets in central and I open daz with no issues but I noticed that none of the assets were installed. But in central they showed open. So I clicked open and I got the error message resource error could not open file (path name appdata/roaming/DAZ3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa) File does not exist. I did change my content manager because I have 3party asset on the e drive that i purchased for my project. I tried to add the asset in to the directory and it did not show up so I removed the line for external drive, I have it set back to default. In Searching the forums for the error message I download DIM to see if I can install them that way and I kept getting file could not be installed. So I figured I would wipe everything again and leave it as default and try and still running into the same issues. I am not sure why a company would not allow for a clean up of all it assets. I really want to use Daz as I will be looking to create the characters and then plan to import into Unity once I have the look of my characters.
I have attached all screen shot of where all the directories are pointing to, the only program right now that installed into the correct place is Daz Central, all the files are showing on the E- Drive. I want to get everything onto the E-Drive as that is what I plan on using this includes all assets. any help would be great.
Folder Placement QuestionDAZ Studio sets up a default library folder (C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library), which you can use, or not. You can make another wherever you want (many use a separate internal or external drive). There will be a folder in Program Files for the DAZ Studio program, and associated files, that you do not touch, and do not use to store files. Plugins and scripts might go there, but not manually, there will be a standalone installation program to deal with that.
All of your content can go in one library. Some users choose to create a separate library to keep third-party content that doesn't install with one of the automated methods (DIM, Central, Connect). Whatever you choose, the Library will have a structure that you must respect when adding content manually. Basically, maintain the entire folder structure from the zip file under any "Content" or "MyLibrary" folders so that the files fall into their proper place. Attached is how an idealized folder structure would look like for a content library with both DAZ Studio and Poser formats.
Correction Needed for Zeddicuss ProductsIf you have not installed and/or updated the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials within DS ("Smart" Content/DAZ Connect), but used DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation to install it;
Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading.
The dummy/placeholder files are located in;
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.
The "..." is the root folder of your content library.
Gypsy Exonymangelikmayhem said:
I noticed that Daz supports the exonym "Gypsy" for some of its products. For what it's worth, that label is considered offensive by most Romani. The term "Gypsy" was a slur used in Ancient Rome to denegrate Egyptians--who the Romans saw as inferior--that continued beyond the fall of the Western Roman Empire. It's the equivalent of "Mic" to describe the Irish or "Munt" to describe Central Africans.
Most, if not all, of the products that had gypsy in their names were renamed. I assume it's still there so people searching on the old name can find the products.
Gypsy ExonymI noticed that Daz supports the exonym "Gypsy" for some of its products. For what it's worth, that label is considered offensive by most Romani. The term "Gypsy" was a slur used in Ancient Rome to denegrate Egyptians--who the Romans saw as inferior--that continued beyond the fall of the Western Roman Empire. It's the equivalent of "Mic" to describe the Irish or "Munt" to describe Central Africans.
Filter Forge 10 ProDaz Central is not an option - if you see a product that lists only Daz central as an available emthod then it doesn't have any downloads.
The lack of downloads is being investigated, I'm sorry it hasn't been fixed yet.




