-
use unreal content in DS?
what is an asset? an environment?
maybe could do:
Unreal -> Export as USD -> Blender (import USD) -> Export using Blender to DS addonNever tested that though.
use unreal content in DS?is like asking How long is a piece of string

I use Unreal assets in D|S
I often spend hours importing hundreds of Texture maps, deleting selections with the Geometry editor and saving stuff, adding bones and selecting and filling bits with the weight brush selected (so many doors made of so mamy bits) it does all import as one mesh after all

...and
grrrrrrr I cant even use Carrara because it truncates all the very long file names

Blender or Ultimate Unwrap 3D are possible go betweens
Diffeomorphic - Super slow import speedDiffeo is more like an approximation, or a translation than a typical import. Morphs are turned into shapekeys and those suckers get expensive. The more you have the longer it takes. I have a 3950x 64GB, a 4090, and I still try to limit things.DAZ Connect Question1stly check in DIM, if the metadata of the installed producs have been successfully imported into cms database. If they have, the color of Database icons should be in dark grey, see screenshot 1. If they are in light grey, it means metadata have failed to be imported.
Then if you ever logged on Daz Connect and checked the option of "Update Metadata", you would get those grey thumbnails in your screenshot, though you've already installed the products in DIM. Check screenshot 2.
Diffeomorphic - Super slow import speedHi,
Whenever I import a DAZ figure with a lot of morphs into Blender, it takes like 5 - 10 minutes to import.
All the while, my Ryzen 9 hovers at around 3% usage, 30% memory and no disk activity.Why does it take so long, when my rig doesn't seem to be doing much during import?
Shouldn't the CPU be at full usage during that time, cruching away at the import?
Just wondering.Devak For Genesis 8 FemaleHello everyone - I just wanted to share a Fix for Devak not loading in DAZ. I received this fix from Josh in Tech Support and it worked!!! Thank you for reaching out to us. When checking your log file, it appears that the product was installed via Daz Connect (Smart Content pane). It does appear that there might be something preventing the product from being loaded when installed through this install method. This might be due to the product being removed from the store or some other reason all together. However, when I installed the product via DIM, I was able to use the product without any issues. Please try the following steps below and let us know your results after: 1) In the Smart Content pane, right-click on the product and choose Uninstall. 2) In the Content Library pane, go to Products > and then find the product alphabetically. 3) Right-click on the main thumbnail and choose Delete. 4) Restart Daz Studio 5) Install the product through Daz Install Manager 6) In Daz Studio, right-click on the Content Library pane. 7) Click on Content DB Maintenance. 8) Choose Re-Import Metadata 9) ONLY check the box next to the broken product. Make sure all other checkboxes are unchecked. WARNING: DO NOT click accept if all products are selected. This will likely lead to major difficulties that can only be resolved with a complete reinstallation of all products. 10) Click Accept. 11) Does the product now work correctly for you?DAZ Connect QuestionAre the products showing metadata (e.g. the content type tags at top-right)? If their metadata wasn't inserted into the database then the system doesn't know you have them just from the presence of the files, and so offers the download option.
Applying Accessories to Opposite Limbssign.shop said:
crosswind said:
As for Smart Prop Accessories, there're different cases:
1) Smart Prop with Transforms: Select the Prop, Shift + Y, use the settings in SS1 ~ 2.
2) Smart Prop with no Transforms: manually manipulate it to the right....SS3As for rigged Accessories (figures):
1) Easiest and straight-forward way: use Mirror Geometry from Esha and RiverSoft Art (supports G3 - G9) https://www.daz3d.com/mirror-geometry-for-genesis-9
2) A bit complex way but free: mirror the figure in DS (by set negative value on X Scale) . Export / Import OBJ and rig it on the figure.Great information again 'crosswind', much appreciated...will have to look into this further once I get my head around it....lol

Hah, no problem !
List of Products Used - script [Commercial]MikeD said:
sidcarton1587 said:
I am trying script and noticing some weird behavior.
1. Start a new scene (but don't save the scene yet)
2. Load character and outfit
3. Run the script. Shows the products for the character and outfit
4. Save the scene
3. Run the script. Shows no products at all.
I've reset the database and re-imported metadata and get the same results.
Any ideas? Has anyone seen this behavior or can run a quick test on their setup to see if it's just me?
Edit:
Reading further up the thread I suspect that this same behavior would appear in MikeD's commercial script as with the free script if they're based on the same concepts. A little bit of digging uncovered an older thread that pointed out some differences in the way that Asset Manager and Content Manager "see" product information (the latter takes a disk based approaach for example). I wonder, given that the sample script primarily relies on Asset Manager, whether that could cause a problem once the scene is saved.
I suppose a simple test might be to add a character into an empty scene, save the scene, and add a new character to the scene but don't save the scene file again. Given the behavior I'm seeing, I would expect the sample script run at that point to show the product information for the new character but not the old one. I'll have to try that when I'm back in my workshop.
This is interesting ...
I'll take a look at the content manager and asset manager ...
I really apreciate if you link the tread here ...
Thanks in advance
Apologies for the late reply. The older thread was something I had stumbled across while Googling on this topic, and I unfortunately didn't bookmark it. I'll try to find it again and share if I find it.
Applying Accessories to Opposite Limbscrosswind said:
As for Smart Prop Accessories, there're different cases:
1) Smart Prop with Transforms: Select the Prop, Shift + Y, use the settings in SS1 ~ 2.
2) Smart Prop with no Transforms: manually manipulate it to the right....SS3As for rigged Accessories (figures):
1) Easiest and straight-forward way: use Mirror Geometry from Esha and RiverSoft Art (supports G3 - G9) https://www.daz3d.com/mirror-geometry-for-genesis-9
2) A bit complex way but free: mirror the figure in DS (by set negative value on X Scale) . Export / Import OBJ and rig it on the figure.Great information again 'crosswind', much appreciated...will have to look into this further once I get my head around it....lol
Daz Studio BETA - version 4.24.0.4!suffo85 said:
crosswind said:
suffo85 said:
I like the new color scheme, but thought I would mention since installing this beta all of my morphs now load in sideways.
Even Daz export straight to import loads in sideways. I've tried messing with the inverts, toggling any of them or a combination still results in a sideways import.
Anyone else having this issue?
In settings of Import Otpions dialogue, are Axis Conversion set as XYZ ?
Also check settings in Export options...
Thanks crosswind, yeah, I had figured it out as you were posting that. I compared my normal DS install to beta to see what was going on and one of the axis conversions had been changed, although I don't ever remember doing it. It must've been this way for months heh.
Ha, NP!
Daz Studio BETA - version 4.24.0.4!crosswind said:
suffo85 said:
I like the new color scheme, but thought I would mention since installing this beta all of my morphs now load in sideways.
Even Daz export straight to import loads in sideways. I've tried messing with the inverts, toggling any of them or a combination still results in a sideways import.
Anyone else having this issue?
In settings of Import Otpions dialogue, are Axis Conversion set as XYZ ?
Also check settings in Export options...
Thanks crosswind, yeah, I had figured it out as you were posting that. I compared my normal DS install to beta to see what was going on and one of the axis conversions had been changed, although I don't ever remember doing it. It must've been this way for months heh.
Daz Studio BETA - version 4.24.0.4!suffo85 said:
I like the new color scheme, but thought I would mention since installing this beta all of my morphs now load in sideways.
Even Daz export straight to import loads in sideways. I've tried messing with the inverts, toggling any of them or a combination still results in a sideways import.
Anyone else having this issue?

In settings of Import Otpions dialogue, are Axis Conversion set as XYZ ?
Also check settings in Export options...
Daz Studio BETA - version 4.24.0.4!I like the new color scheme, but thought I would mention since installing this beta all of my morphs now load in sideways.
Even Daz export straight to import loads in sideways. I've tried messing with the inverts, toggling any of them or a combination still results in a sideways import.
Anyone else having this issue?
Nevermind, fixed.
Loading times for some things seemed to have improved for me on this version also. Thanks whoever did that. :)
Applying Accessories to Opposite LimbsAs for Smart Prop Accessories, there're different cases:
1) Smart Prop with Transforms: Select the Prop, Shift + Y, use the settings in SS1 ~ 2.
2) Smart Prop with no Transforms: manually manipulate it to the right....SS3As for rigged Accessories (figures):
1) Easiest and straight-forward way: use Mirror Geometry from Esha and RiverSoft Art (supports G3 - G9) https://www.daz3d.com/mirror-geometry-for-genesis-9
2) A bit complex way but free: mirror the figure in DS (by set negative value on X Scale) . Export / Import OBJ and rig it on the figure.Lengthen Pant Legs of JeansIf you want to make it with Blender, yes, you need to export them both.
As for the export / import settings, I gave the correct ones in the above thread. If you still cannot make it, check this video: https://mega.nz/file/qeg10B5S#YYCh1mmeKcvL4IprIt0UJAP6eJsOZUIm4MRgaw0zU2M
saggy under-breast fabric?That depends on the clothing and G9's body + breasts shapes.... Well, the auto fit on G9 has been improved a lot. I personally see less saggy case ~~
Any screenshots ?
Some options:
1) If the garment is dForce ready, use a timeline to simulate with breast morphs change (small to big) in between keyframes;
2) Drastically crank up the value in Smoothing Iteration property on the garment. Then export / import OBJ to update Base Geometry or as a fix morph to avoid low performance of Smoothing modifier if needed.
3) Fix with external applications... import to update base geometry or as a fix morph.hair Genesis 9 to Cinema 4d problemPolygonal hairs can be directly exported but strand-based hair (SBH) can be only exported as polylines as default. If you want to have "polygons" from them, the simple way is:
Select the SBH node in Scene pane, in Parameters pane, turn on Preview PR Hair, set the value in Viewport Line Tessellation Sides as 2.
However, be noted, in this way, if you use Daz to C4D bridge, it will also take a long time to import the hairs because the generated hair polygons are usually heavy.
Dforce simulation starting from a morphed garmentcrosswind said:
3) Import OBJ on the garment with Morph Loader Pro with the settings in (screenshot 2). Dial the morph at keyframe 100. Simuate it with next animated range ~~
It seems I can't modify the existing settings in morph loader pro. This is what I get by default :
Dforce simulation starting from a morphed garmentWorkflow was not correctly processed ~ should be as below:
1) You don't need to unfit / refit at all. After simulation is finished at keyframe 100, export the garment to OBJ file with Base Resolution as you did before.
2) With the garment selected, clear its simulation result in Simulation Settings pane ! (screenshot 1)
3) Import OBJ on the garment with Morph Loader Pro with the settings in (screenshot 2). Dial the morph at keyframe 100. Simuate it with next animated range ~~







