Genesis 3 Male anatomical elements Help (Gray Texture)

asmronly24asmronly24 Posts: 25

Hi, I have loaded in the genesis 3 male genitalia, but it comes up gray (untextured) and I have no idea how to fix it and match it with the skin town of my character. How am I able to get that done?

I don't see anything shown as "materials" when selecting anatomy in the left tab like I usually do when added specific textures to items.

Would love some help with this. Thanks

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

have you gone into your specific characters material files and applied the gen texture? If it's m7 you're after, it should be in the generic materials folder.

• have you gone into your specific characters material files and applied the gen texture? If it's m7 you're after, it should be in the generic materials folder.

Oh, I'm pretty dumb. Yep I found it, but my original character was just the generic genesis 3 model. These textures for the genitalia does not match up with my characters skin tone. Is there way to fix this? Would love to NOT have to do my character again with a premade one. Thanks

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

I'm pretty sure the stock g3m character (eddie?) doesn't come with a genitalia mat, sorry bud. 

• ah ok guess i have to start over :/

Thanks for the help!

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited January 2016

You can sometime get away with applying the hip texture to the gens,

1) First apply subsurface base to gens (\Shader Presets\Age of Armour\Subsurface\!Subsurface Base Shader.duf) This is important because it creates the proper channels for copy/paste in the next step.

2) Then use surface selection tool to copy the torso (or hip) texture and paste it into gen textures. (It will look bad with nipples and belly button)

3) Open the body texture in Photoshop (or whatever) and crop a square area below the navel and above the crotch. SaveAs careful don't overwrite the old texture. It will look something like the square below. (Sorry, it might get removed)

4) Substitute cropped square of the into the diffuse channel and subsurface channel. It's not great for closeups, but it can work.

5) You sometimes also have to sub the bump and specular maps from a similarly cropped area of those maps too. Look at all the maps. Sometimes they're used more than once.

Subsurface Shader Base

http://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-shader-base

Details

The DAZ Subsurface shader adds new3D mode subsurface scattering strengths to DAZ Studio. This base product includes automatic back-scattering and two diffuse methods allowing for both heavily translucent materials and life-like human skin.

This product is included FREE as a separate download with DAZ Studio 4.6.)

Note: You can do something similar with iRay and other shaders, just set the base to the appropriate shader (use surface selection tool to figure it out).

edit: spelling and details

RyEddie_gen_1002.jpg
    598 x 598 - 241K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • DrazedyDrazedy Posts: 4
    edited August 2016

How can we tell what figures come with gen textures?

Post edited by Drazedy on
  • SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

kids characters never come with a gen texture as far as I know

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    SF-Design said:

kids characters never come with a gen texture as far as I know

Correct, no underage characters come with anatomical elelments, nor textures for them.

• Drazedy said:

How can we tell what figures come with gen textures?

If you're figure shopping at Daz3D, it'll be listed in the "What's Included and Features" description. Renderosity provides simiar information but I don't use the site a lot. The product descriptions seem pretty complete, usually. 

• Hi everyone,

Sorry for necroposting, I just figured out that I don't have the Genesis 3 Male Genitalia and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find this element? I do have the female genitalia though, that's the reason I'm asking. I also have textures for them, that's not the problem (I purchased Michael 7 Pro bundle).

Thanks in advance for any help smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Anatomical elements only come with the character figure pro packs.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

If he has M7 Pro, he should have the G3M gens, though. 

With M7 selected in your scene tab, in your Smart Content select Anatomy and you'll see Genesis 3 Male Genitalia there. 

You can also load it in the Content Library tab under People\Genesis 3 Male\Anatomy

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

All this time, I never knew the G3M Anatomy doesn't even come with a texture? Really?? The base G3 Male does have a texture - why not his 'parts?'