GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

rusty9073 said:
    I successfully upgraded to DAZ studio Pro 4.5, but unfortunately my genesis evolution body and head morphs are no longer visibly present in DAZ studio.

I uninstalled and re-installed these items, but the morphs still aren't showing. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Did you check for updated installers? If you're looking in the Shaping tab, do they show up in the Parameters tab?

• Johnny RicoJohnny Rico Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

rusty9073 said:
    I successfully upgraded to DAZ studio Pro 4.5, but unfortunately my genesis evolution body and head morphs are no longer visibly present in DAZ studio.

I uninstalled and re-installed these items, but the morphs still aren't showing. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Did you check for updated installers? If you're looking in the Shaping tab, do they show up in the Parameters tab?

Ok, this is good news. They ARE showing in the parameters tab.
    ...so is there a way to get them to show in the shaping tab again?

I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean by "updated installers". I did use my original installers that I initially purchased to uninstall and reinstall the morphs.

Thank you for your help

edited December 1969

Update:

I now understand what you mean by updated installers. I went back to my order history and reset my downloads for the morphs and reinstalled the updated versions and that fixed the issue (had trouble finding them initially in my order history since they were purchased under the "Photoshop 3D Model Pro Suite").

Thank you so much for helping me resolve this issue.

I know several items are mentioned in this thread, but by chance is there a comprehensive list of items that must/might need to be re-installed with the 4.5 upgrade?

Thanks again

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

*Sigh*. Well a simple reinstall worked for both of the two products I tested that on that wouldn't load before. So I suspect that I'm going to be spending most of tomorrow reinstalling Genesis characters. I may just go ahead and reinstall all of them rather than plow through the list to see which load and which don't. Given that the two I reinstalled were only installed the first time at the beginning of the PA sale it's clearly the way 4.5 reads the installed information. Clearly wants it fresher than it is.

edited December 1969

rusty9073 said:
    Update:

I now understand what you mean by updated installers. I went back to my order history and reset my downloads for the morphs and reinstalled the updated versions and that fixed the issue (had trouble finding them initially in my order history since they were purchased under the "Photoshop 3D Model Pro Suite").

Thank you so much for helping me resolve this issue.

I know several items are mentioned in this thread, but by chance is there a comprehensive list of items that must/might need to be re-installed with the 4.5 upgrade?

Thanks again

There's a thread listing updated Genesis products. I don't know for sure whether non-Genesis content is having similar problems.

Warning: it's a *long* list.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...OK so decided to install 4.5P just to see how it would react to my "ancient" system (did not install the Genesis Starter Essentials as the installer was over 400MB).

Also loaded and applied the Darkside UI.

First a few pluses.

The application loads much faster
    Scenes load much faster
    And yes,, the new 3Delight is very fast compared to 3A.

Managed to rework the scene in question so it finally rendered. Lighting used was a UE preset. Size 800 x 800. Had to substitute a default V4 Map on Leela for the Tindra one (nothing I did seemed to correct the facial and leg Map errors). The scene rendered in 1 min 22sec + about 25 sec for the shadow mapping. In 3a (with a basic "non UE" light set), It took nearly 8 minutes plus another 1:10 for shadow mapping.

(while originally created in 3A the scene was saved in 4.0.3).

Rendered scene attached below.

OK now a couple things that didn't work.

Tried to open a version of the same scene created in 3A (which wasn't saved in 4.0) and discovered the maps of the Baroque Grandeur set and Harpsichord were totally messed up (see attached SS below) . Reloading the textures in 4.5 did nothing so apparently apparently there is a conflict with the UV mapping between 3A and 4.5.

Deleting an item and reloading a fresh version in 4.5 presented the same UV mapping error.

All directory mapping was preserved in the update so not sure how this occurred.

Saving a .daz scene in 4.5 apparently corrupts the original scene file as apparently the only format option for saving a scene is .duf. While reloading the saved 4.5 version (after closing the application down and reopening it to clear memory), there were multiple ""clearing scene" messages, and when the load was complete, parts of the set (like the window glass and some frame details) were missing. Not sure if this has to do with the fact that my content is all installed to my 3A runtime rather than the 4.5 Library, but supposedly 4.5 should be able to read from all runtimes mapped under Preferences/Content Management.

Leela_harpsichord_scene_4-5.jpg
    600 x 441 - 177K
    leela_and_momma_4-5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 453K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FT7HKFS
    I added in the blank field: update of older products like the LDP2
    If enough people tell him ...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Thank you!
    Maybe it helps ...

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

So did I.....but I don't hold up much hope, since he said somewhere in the forums (in answer to someone asking him if LDP2 was getting an update) that he was now concentrating on training, and he didn't seem interested currently in updating any plugins. :( Guess it would be too much work for too little return......

edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

So did I.....but I don't hold up much hope, since he said somewhere in the forums (in answer to someone asking him if LDP2 was getting an update) that he was now concentrating on training, and he didn't seem interested currently in updating any plugins. :( Guess it would be too much work for too little return......

Well - that will mean that I will tell everybody not to buy things from Dreamlight!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2012

Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Well - that will mean that I will tell everybody not to buy things from Dreamlight!

Lux is you're friend...

For those who may not be interested in Reality / Lux Latinos & Dimension Theory have pretty killer lights

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Have to admit that I'm beginning to feel that way also.......:(

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Lux is you're friend...

For those who may not be interested in Reality / Lux Latinos & Dimension Theory have pretty killer lights

I did try to use Reality for a while, right before the update to DSPro 4.5, but I can't say I got any really good renders out of it - guess I need a LOT more practice.........:red:

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    edited December 1969

When I reset my Mac Pro Suite to Download again, for installation in DS4.5Pro, there are the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and the Genesis Evolution Body Morphs. Are these the ones that were uninstalled and then replaced by the Genesis Essentials?

In other words, are there any downloads that a user of version 4.5 should NOT install in that version? What do the Genesis Essentials replace?

edited September 2012

Cymbidium said:
    Bobvan said:
    Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Lux is you're friend...

I did try to use Reality for a while, right before the update to DSPro 4.5, but I can't say I got any really good renders out of it - guess I need a LOT more practice.........:red:

Really is not that complicated and one can really get nice renders. One of my fans commented recently "You are really getting good at this everything looks so real" Some of my renders http://fav.me/d5drfel http://fav.me/d5dhr30 I really like the dramatic lighting I can get and its not much different then when I was using UE a few well placed lights and adjustments. Even though Lux renders can take longer one can queue them so you can start 3 or 4 then fire em up in 2 hour cycles and lit err rip! The adjustment of lighting and film response settings can give some nice results. But I also had gotten alot of decent renders with LDP2...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

I need a little help with install.

I have a new machine in my office, it has win 7 64 bits, a SSD with free 60 Gb (Disk C with OS only for programs) and a HD with 500 Gb (Disk D for content).

I want install DAZ Studio pro 4.5 in this machine, but content must go to disk D, if it is possible, I want also DS4.5 program files in D. Yesterday I was trying to install in this way, but nothing in content was installed. DS4.5 worked, but it hadn't genesis figure or content. Content folders aren't created in C nor D.

If I search rute for genesis.duf in edit/preference this point to documents folder in disk C. When I install I don't costumize CMS, but clearly declare rute in disc D for all install.

I had a previous install of DS4.5 in C, but I uninstall with recommended procedure: Uninstal CMS, Uninstall DS4.5. Also I erase all DAZ 3D folders in folders "Archivos de Programas"(spanish version for program files), "program files", "Documents" and user/adpdata/roaming after restart PC, after uninstall.

I know there is a extra intaller with content, but I supose that genesis is installed with the program, not with extra. If I'm wrong please, you say me. Is there some important advice on configure install in secundary disk?, please.

edited December 1969

Did you point the content files to the drives in your directories?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,192
    edited December 1969

Genesis Essentials is just the content, with tweaks, that has been in the main DAZ Studio installer previously. The content is expected to be more stable (not to need as many updates) going forward, so it was split out to reduce download sizes next time the application is updated.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Did you point the content files to the drives in your directories?

Yes. I set "Program files" as "D:\Program files\..." and so, and I cut "content files" as "D:\DAZ 3D\Studio4\My Library"

edited September 2012

Genesis Essentials is just the content, with tweaks, that has been in the main DAZ Studio installer previously. The content is expected to be more stable (not to need as many updates) going forward, so it was split out to reduce download sizes next time the application is updated.

Ok. This say that Genesis isn't in program install, but it is in essentials. Program and essentials must be installed to beging the party.

I hadn't notice this. First DS4.5 ofitial install was over DS4.5 candidates. In home machine (Win 7 32 bits) wardrobe and another conten was erased, I used essentials, but in office (Win 7 64 bits) nothing was erased and I didn't need essentials install.

Thanks.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

For I what I see so far, DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro runs slightly faster than the previous version,and with the same qualities. How about you other users of this latest update?

edited December 1969

Well I reinstalled all of my DAZ character content. I'll probably have to reinstall the stuff that was freebies or from Rendo as well.

I get the missing file alerts on things, but they load anyway, and I get the duplicate file alert when I launch now, but the program seems to just tell me and then go on running. I may need to download some updates at some point, but it doesn't appear to be a critical need right at the moment.

The log file claims that Decimator, GoZ and Dynamic Clothing control are disabled. I had reset my download on the Dynamics and the others were fresh downloads after having "purchased" the program. So I don't know what the problem is.

I've not yet got a serial number from DAZ, and the program hasn't asked for one. Nor have the plugins.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

There is a strange lag in while it's first coming up. Used to be faster starting up. BUT a fresh Genesis loads very fast now....

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited September 2012

I found this to be content path related. EG if the last content I loaded came from a huge runtime, it takes longer to startup because it must populate the content list before starting up. Now before I quit I make sure my content browser is pointed to Genesis instead of my poser runtime and it starts up fast eveytime.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Ah, well I'm not going to remember yet another thing I have to do before shutting down the program. But glad to know there seems to be a solution!

edited December 1969

Sorry, I'm a little confused about updated genesis installers.

If I have installed previous versions of genesis installers, and have now upgraded to 4.5, and there is a newer genesis installer versions...do I need to download these newer versions and reinstall all these products in all these cases?

Also, I'm getting a lot of "duplicate IDs found" on products since the upgrade. What is causing this and can it be resolved?

Thanks

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...Richard thanks. So installing this should have no impact on the application's actual performance then.

So as to the texture map issues and scene corruption after saving, does this mean I need to re-map all my directories again?

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Lux is you're friend...

No, I am not interested in Lux.
    And I prefer vendors who are updating their things to vendors who just say they are not interested anymore.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Bobvan said:
    Kerya said:
    Cymbidium said:
    Kerya said:
    For those missing LDP2:
    Mr. Belwon made a survey

I did the same

Lux is you're friend...

Its really not that complicated and one can really get nice renders. One of my fans commented recently "You are really getting good at this everything looks so real" Some of my renders http://fav.me/d5drfel http://fav.me/d5dhr30 I really like the dramatic lighting I can get and its not much different then when I was using UE a few well placed lights and adjustments. Even though Lux renders can take longer one can queue them so you can start 3 or 4 then fire em up in 2 hour cycles and lit err rip! The adjustment of lighting and film response settings can give some nice results. But I also had gotten alot of decent renders with LDP2...

Thanks for the links - very nice renders! Yes, I have seen lots of great renders with Reality, and it doesn’t seem that complicated, but I guess I’m just too darn impatient to wait a couple of hours for a render….. :lol: That said, I will most probably try again soon - I have downloaded the updated Reality. ;)