DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2016

It depend on DAZ offer meta-data ... but at current some or many product not work as it expected,,

if it need all keyword about one word  ..  it seriously no useful to find content by product name.

that means now I serch "Cataye"  by input key words,, but it need to set keywords ,

"c" "ca" "cat" "cata"  to serch items smooth..   or you may need to remember which keywords is actually assgined with the file of product.

(c and C or ca and Ca sems work,, sorry byt need each keywords)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    barbult said:

OK I found what is wrong, I serched Cateye suit by A to Z in all and availabe section. with input "C" or "Ca" only in serch window.

it seems not work for the purpose. (though most of aprication serch system work, but daz studio is real gerat unique aprication, then

it shoud be my fault angel (or may need install product once by DAZ connect? or the meta-data is corrupt,, I do not know, simply it is un-useful for my purpose,, boooooooooooooooooooo,,)

And "ALL" show  product, firslt,,, already installed,,by A to Z order , then next show items "available" A to Z order.

I needed to expect so,, most of user may expect so.  it is my fault,,

I must needed to  serch items in available seciton without input anything,,  

Now I found solution, to install items by DAZ connect, which removed by DIM. thank you !! 

I have been asking and asking about the product search. I can't get an answer about how to search by product name. Even customer service cannot seem to understand what I am asking. It seems like a very simple question to me. I want to enter part of a product name and see a list of products that have that string in the name. It does not work that way. How do I search by product name?

I'm in the proccess of shutting down for the night so I can't check, but if you go to the Smart content tab, and then to the Products view, I think you should be able to search products that way.

That is what you would expect, but that is exactly what doesn't work. Of course you can sort A-Z and then scroll through the whole list of installed products and then through the whole separate list of uninstalled products after that. But if you want to search for all products with a certain string anywhere in the product name, I cannot find a way to do that. That is what I am trying to figure out.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,224

I have the same problems with my custom categories gone empty. And I'm NOT happy that a Daz Librarian set up a lot of categories there which I don't want and don't use, I prefer a totally different sorting system. Until recently I thought the categories would allow me control over the organisation of my content but it seems it doesn't, now it's organized by Daz.

I don't have time to sort out the database mess after each and every time I install a new version. For now I'm back to the normal file view in the Content Library. That's the only thing that always works.
    (Sorry for the rant, I'm really unhappy about all this right now.)

But I found this in the FAQ:

We have added the ability to create stand-in shortcut files for users who prefer to use folders and files to organize content instead of categories.

How does this work? This might be the solution I'm looking for.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited January 2016

Has anyone got a solution to getting the folders in Content Tab in Alphabetical order? I can't use 4.9 until this is sorted as it is such a time waster trying to find anything. I do NOT use Smart Content.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited January 2016

I hope,, there should be wild card,, eg Cat* or Cat_ to serch items (product) .

Actually  "cate" can not work, but "catey" can work of "cateye suit"    it is too strange for me. Is there hidden rule to serch keywords?

or maybe some files of the product  are tagged as "Catey" without intention?

===========

and I found,, if I set userwords in meta-data,, it may keep these change and can export it as new product meta-data,, but it may be overwritten when I up-date the product data,, and daz do not recommend to modify product data,, but user_data can keep these change too? I can not work in content library>product,, to modify meta-data?

ca12.PNG
    736 x 623 - 50K
    ca13.PNG
    757 x 822 - 124K
    ca14.PNG
    732 x 691 - 90K
    ca15.PNG
    797 x 843 - 103K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

-esha-  there seems way, drug and drop files from smart content, and content library folda (file path )

like my pic,, it produce short cut file. If you have file structure, or may need new directory. so you may try these things all about daz connect

product again? ^^;?  (it may need only about daz connect contents I think)

drugdrop.PNG
    1416 x 835 - 275K
  • Wilmap said:

Has anyone got a solution to getting the folders in Content Tab in Alphabetical order? I can't use 4.9 until this is sorted as it is such a time waster trying to find anything. I do NOT use Smart Content.

Do you have a screenshot example?

Wilmap said:

Do you have a screenshot example?

Of What? Everything is out of order and refresh won't put them into Alphabetical order.

• Wilmap said:
    Of What? Everything is out of order and refresh won't put them into Alphabetical order.

I just wanted a snapshot of your non-alphabetic content so that I have an idea of your problem.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

what to do with local user products ?

skamotion products give me that

cannot categorize them

Here's a snapshot of part of my Contents Tab.

Capture.JPG
    556 x 961 - 59K

is there a way to show smart content list ?

not all the thumbnails

Wilmap said:

is this your daz formats folder ?

you have view as list checked ?

Ruphuss said:
    Wilmap said:

is this your daz formats folder ?

you have view as list checked ?

Yes it's the Daz Format Folder and that is how I always have the view.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,224

-esha-  there seems way, drug and drop files from smart content, and content library folda (file path )
    like my pic,, it produce short cut file. If you have file structure, or may need new directory. so you may try these things all about daz connect
    product again? ^^;?  (it may need only about daz connect contents I think)

Thank you!

@Wilmap: Does it help when you switch from database view to file view? (The little icon at the top that looks like a round bin, that's the database icon)

No difference at all.

To be honestly said,, new ds 4.9 actually things more difficult to serch contents (mainly if it has no product meta-data with category)

without installing DAZ connect version. 

Some product which installed by DIM, can not be shown in content library >Product name.

even though I re-import meta-data of the package of DIM, and up-date meta-data (not content) by DAZ connect.

about both case,  it seems only make "product" with the name as  empty.

but I celar remember, in ds 4.8  , I could see at least gathered files about same prroduct

(but no category, no compatiblity, if the meta-data not filled)

then I can find in the product..  

But in ds 4.9, these product (mainly for V4 or A3)  just make product name,  there is no files in the product. (in content library)

and files in cluded in the product never be shown  in smart content too. untill  I install DAZ connect version package.

(but I can find each files with read-me,, with file path in content library clearly)

eg Aliya,, or Blood bound , please check these in smart content, or content library>product,

you may not find any file which assgined with these product name, untill you actually install daz connect package.

and it may not change,, you try te re-import these prodcut meta-data, or up-date meta-data by daz connect .

If it was my data-base corruption problem, I do not care, I must try reset DB and re-organize as same as before,

but Now I can see 95 product, in Lost and section as "available" product.

But these  product are actually installed by DIM with only product name meta-data.

these were un-useful, after all I could not use any category, untill I manually assign them,

and could not find them with compatiblity. 

But at least In ds 4.8 I could see  files of each prodcut,  in smart content>product  or content library product.

then I could access and load or apply them in the product. and I can serch mapped directory with r-cilck option in ds 4.8 If I need.

and I could categorize each files from the Product.   Gatherd files in one product helped me to categorize easy.

Now in ds 4.9  these product  icon just for installing  DAZ connect package.  then treat these product  as not-installed product.

and I may never see any files grouped by  product name about these 95 products,  in content library, and smart content.  there seems no way to serch these content without using real file path with read me.  or I must need to install them by DAZ connect.

is it case which happend only for me?  

lostproduct.PNG
    1378 x 873 - 411K
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

So..I've got a bunch of stuff in my cart this morning.  And I am seriously debating wether or not to buy because I know I am not going to get these items via Connect (3 of the items in the cart are Connect Only) in a timely manner or without fiddling with launching the beta (which I would have to re-install since I got rid of it in hopes it would cure my DB problems --but it didn't). And the ticket I opened on Saturday has gotten nothing but a perfunctory response...perhaps I am being too polite.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Just bit the bullet (just a .22 so far ... wink) and upgraded my little laptop to 4.9.

For some background ... I have 2 laptops with DS on, this littl'un and a main one.  I also have an external USB HDD which I use to dowloan products onto via DIM (I also move stuff from other sites to sub-directories on it so it acts as a wholesale backup of my content).  I install from this USB HDD, usually in offline mode (for DIM).  The main laptop has a SSD C: so I manually install programs (including DS on to it, to a location of my choosing) and content goes to a secondary HDD.  The little laptop is a simple 'use DIM and all the defaults' so acts as a good test-bed for stuff.

I suspected that I woudl eb going forward with 4.9, whatever I feel about other things as, eventually, DS 5 will be here and I really don't think there's goign to eb any backward or sideways steps in how stuff is done.

I am NOT going to use Connect so I wanted to see what happens to an install with that in mind.

Thus far all I can see is that it did something to the underlying database (as DAZ_* have informed/cautioned/warned about multiple  times), but I did not back anything up.  It creates a new Content format type (DAZ Connect content) and a path where I expected it to appear under My Documents, and apart from a data folder that is empty, nothing else.  On startup I selected the 'work offline' and 'do not show this again' options, and thus far all seems to be as before, but 4.9-ish where obvious (such as the Filter chack box and sort dropdown).

For my main computer (which I do this via the manual install) I will create a 'Connect/cloud' directory on my D: drive somewhere and point the content manager there before deleting the one it will (presumably) create on my C: drive.

• And the ticket I opened on Saturday has gotten nothing but a perfunctory response...perhaps I am being too polite.

That is the usual procedure I suspect, some kind of acknowledgement while it is being investigated.

So..I've got a bunch of stuff in my cart this morning.  And I am seriously debating wether or not to buy because I know I am not going to get these items via Connect (3 of the items in the cart are Connect Only) in a timely manner or without fiddling with launching the beta (which I would have to re-install since I got rid of it in hopes it would cure my DB problems --but it didn't). And the ticket I opened on Saturday has gotten nothing but a perfunctory response...perhaps I am being too polite.

First you get a "request received" email. Then you get "We strive to answer all e-mail support requests as soon as possible." email. Then a couple days later you get an actual person responding with comments related to your question or problem.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    barbult said:

First you get a "request received" email. Then you get "We strive to answer all e-mail support requests as soon as possible." email. Then a couple days later you get an actual person responding with comments related to your question or problem.

And then my team gets it, or the Content team gets it, etc. (depending on what it is) if Customer support can't help you. Note that this entire process can take less than 24 hours, or if a weekend/holiday intervenes a little longer.

The more information included the faster things get resolved. So please include things like steps to reproduce, log files, system specs, etc. :) 

barbult said:

And then my team gets it, or the Content team gets it, etc. (depending on what it is) if Customer support can't help you. Note that this entire process can take less than 24 hours, or if a weekend/holiday intervenes a little longer.

The more information included the faster things get resolved. So please include things like steps to reproduce, log files, system specs, etc. :) 

I included quite a bit of information.  Its the same issue that others seem to be having with SQL throwing an error, but appearing to work. Except it doesn't, quite, work with Connect and I don't see new products for days or at all, unless I load the Beta where I don't get the error... then I might see the products in 24 hours or so.

barbult said:

I included quite a bit of information.  Its the same issue that others seem to be having with SQL throwing an error, but appearing to work. Except it doesn't, quite, work with Connect and I don't see new products for days or at all, unless I load the Beta where I don't get the error... then I might see the products in 24 hours or so.

I am not saying you didn't. I am saying that is the normal procedure, and more information means we have less questions to ask, so things get resolved faster. 

You submitted on a Saturday, shortly after a DS launch, it is only Tuesday, the CS team is getting there. :) I expect to see it today, (If I haven't already.) 

barbult said:

I am not saying you didn't. I am saying that is the normal procedure, and more information means we have less questions to ask, so things get resolved faster. 

You submitted on a Saturday, shortly after a DS launch, it is only Tuesday, the CS team is getting there. :) I expect to see it today, (If I haven't already.) 

Wasn't trying to be argumentative. Maybe the frustration is showing through a little.  I NEVER have to open actual tech support tickets.

barbult said:

Wasn't trying to be argumentative. Maybe the frustration is showing through a little.  I NEVER have to open actual tech support tickets.

I wasn't reading it as argumentative. I was just trying to give you answers. :) 

barbult said:

I wasn't reading it as argumentative. I was just trying to give you answers. :) 

We know you are working really hard to resolve the issues. Thanks for being present in the forums, too.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

I am wondering how many people that are having issues installed the 4.9 beta (the previous one to what is in DIM now) as I found the PostgreSGL beta install messed with uninstalling the one for my 4.8 release version (which is the first time that it has happened when installing a beta) so much Smart content in 4.9 beta was a liittle screwed in that it wouldn't jump to where that content was mapped to in the Content Library Pane, plus I had a large number of orphaned files. I haven't unpgraded yet due to work commitments but I do intend to uninstall the old beta the beta PostgreSQL before I update. I have no idea if that could be the cause or not.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Ahh well, I was going to revert to 4.8 in the morning. This however has brought it forward. It can't find a file that quite clearly does exist.

I'm not using and haven't used beta on this computer/OS; I have never logged into Daz Connect.

Cant find file.jpg
    2557 x 1340 - 542K