3d Art Freebie Challenge----January: The Day After ---Main Thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    RCTSpanky said:

And Trash Pandas...

looks like you havn't seen a Panda before ... that's a Racoon.

And it seems that you are not cognisant of urban slang   

trashpanda

A term for a racoon.

Those damn trashpandas are in my garbage can again

Trash Pandas are known for washing their food before eating it. The German name for the Trash Panda is Waschbär for this behavior.

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 977
    Chohole said:
    RCTSpanky said:

And Trash Pandas...

And it seems that you are not cognisant of urban slang   

trashpanda

A term for a racoon.

Those damn trashpandas are in my garbage can again

Trash Pandas are known for washing their food before eating it. The German name for the Trash Panda is Waschbär for this behavior.

Have you seen the panda washing a Cotton Candy and it disappearing in the water?

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,217
    edited January 2016
    RCTSpanky said:

And Trash Pandas...

This reply cost $14. Just think how many trash cans that could have bought for roving gangs of destitute trash pandas :(.

TrashPanda.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by KindredArts on

Someone help please? I don't know where to ask this or if I shoul/can... :/ I'm trying to download this Ninja Turtle but it never goes until the end. I even tried with a downloader, in case it would not even begin the download... Can someone help me please? http://www.sharecg.com/v/66255/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/TrtlPWR

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It downloaded for me (albeit slowly) -- have you tried with a different browser?  What problems are you having?

taemimun said:

Someone help please? I don't know where to ask this or if I shoul/can... :/ I'm trying to download this Ninja Turtle but it never goes until the end. I even tried with a downloader, in case it would not even begin the download... Can someone help me please? http://www.sharecg.com/v/66255/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/TrtlPWR

Dowloaded fine for me, do you want me to upload it to dropbox for you?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    taemimun said:

You couldn't do that without Joe's permission.

taemimun said:

Good point, it worked for me and mike anyway. Could be worth rebooting your modem or trying a different browser?

edited January 2016

It downloaded for me (albeit slowly) -- have you tried with a different browser?  What problems are you having?

Thank you! I tried with Chrome and Firefox. None finishes the download, and when I click to continue after it crashed, it doesn't accept.

taemimun said:

Good point, it worked for me and mike anyway. Could be worth rebooting your modem or trying a different browser?

Thank for offering :) I do understand it's no possible to send via Dropbox... Well, I tried downloading yesterday and today haha. The modem was restarted between the days... :( I tried using Free Download Manager as well to try to avoid it crashing, but didn't work...

Post edited by Cherubit on
    taemimun said:

Thank you! I tried with Chrome and Firefox. None finishes the download, and when I click to continue after it crashed, it doesn't accept.

taemimun said:

Thank for offering :) I do understand it's no possible to send via Dropbox... Well, I tried downloading yesterday and today haha. The modem was restarted between the days... :( I tried using Free Download Manager as well to try to avoid it crashing, but didn't work...

Hmm i don't know what else to recommend really. You could contact joe and ask if someone could host it for you, on the other hand though, Can you download other large files successfully? Or does your connection usually tank half way through?

taemimun said:

taemimun said:

Hmm i don't know what else to recommend really. You could contact joe and ask if someone could host it for you, on the other hand though, Can you download other large files successfully? Or does your connection usually tank half way through?

Usually I have no problem, this is why I thought it could be the file... Usually I download files that are even 180 MB, and always work pretty well. Thank you for checking for me! I will try to find his contact and see if it's possible... I really need that Ninja Turtle for my entry... :(

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

taemimun said:

Usually I have no problem, this is why I thought it could be the file... Usually I download files that are even 180 MB, and always work pretty well. Thank you for checking for me! I will try to find his contact and see if it's possible... I really need that Ninja Turtle for my entry... :(

I just sent him a pm on daz, hopefully he'll let me proxy it for you or even do it himself.

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

taemimun said:

I just sent him a pm on daz, hopefully he'll let me proxy it for you or even do it himself.

Thank you! :')

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2016

Here is my first WIP Day After render:

WIP DAY AFTER THE PARTY.jpg
    800 x 494 - 79K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

You cannot trust affluent, fruitarian, goth, mimes to be responsible pet owners. Case in point.

I know you're still working on it, but I'd say add a few more lights, maybe an uber light? Just to draw back the sharp contrast.

You cannot trust affluent, fruitarian, goth, mimes to be responsible pet owners. Case in point.

I know you're still working on it, but I'd say add a few more lights, maybe an uber light? Just to draw back the sharp contrast.

Thanks for the great advice KA I am still working on the lighting I used UE and now trying to get a good lighting in my lamp that I also added to this render so as soon as it is done rendering I will be posting it then it is to find all the places I got all the Freebes!!!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited January 2016

Here is my entry finaly :). It started with morphing room prop. I was trying to make a chest with a book of spells for a wizard, but it seems I got carried away...

Adventurers

This is the day after of two inexperienced adventurers that have before probably sitting in the comfortable and warm inn, having conversation like this:

Adventurer 1: "We could be rich ..."

Adventurer 2: "But there might be monsters there too ..."

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Michael 4 figure

Freebies:

1.)* Release 2 Poser Stone Shader And Room Prop

2.)* Deep Sea Tresure for Deep Sea Diver

3.)* Crockery Series: Amphora

4.)* Posable Treasure Chest

5.) Treasure Chest

6.)* Crockery Series: Green Vase

7.)* Crockery Series: Goblet

8.)* Crockery Series: Plate

9.) Jamie Hair Model & Textures

10.) Michael 4 Hair Refits

11.)* Textures for April YHS's Jamie Hair

12.) Jamie Hairstyles for M3 & M4

13.)* M4 Short Dreads Hair

14.)* Crown for M3

14.)* M4 Studded Leather Outfit

15.) Textures for The Mage - Earth

16.)* Beard 4 Michael 3 & David 3

17.)* H4_Yukihiro (for H4/M4Base)

18.) Gheftir morphs, textures and poses M4

19.)* Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Rendered on Insane)

Various free shaders I haven't listed but will try to do it next time.

Paid 1:
    The Mage

Paid 2:
    Valiant for Michael 4

Paid 3:
    DLD Stone Shaders for DAZ Studio

Adventurers.jpg
    1076 x 1076 - 632K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 298

Rules didn't really say, does items (besides base figures) bundled with the Daz Studio count as free or paid (or are they neither)?

I'd like to post an entry and I'd like to know how to list couple of items used in my render (if I need to list them at all).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

They count as no count

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 298
    edited January 2016
    Chohole said:

They count as no count

Thank you! In that case, here's entry.

I actually made this few weeks ago, but I've been too busy to post this until now. I went through many versions with this render (like the filename suggests).

My render is a more traditional "The Day After..." picture, where a guy has partied maybe a bit too hard the previous day and wakes up without any memories from the previous day, in a strange motel room, with a strange woman and to top it all, also finds out they're married to each other (well technically all this happens after the pictured moment, where they are still asleep).

Not counting items: Genesis Male and Female, WildMane hair (used on the male character) and Multiplane Cyclorama - Beach (used in the wedding photo).

1) The room and furniture: The Castle Motel, Part 1 (Free registration required)
    2) Pizza box: Pizza Night (Free registration required)
    3) Pizza: Pizza (pretty down on the page, 3rd download link from where it says Food)
    4) Shirt the male is wearing: Genesis Male Underwear (Free registration required)
    5) Bottles: Add ons for the Bar Eleganza (Free registration required)
    6) Clothes pile: Piles of Cloth (Free registration required)
    7) Wedding veil (under the female and in the wedding photo): V4/A4 Wedding Veil (Free registration required)
    8) The blanket: Morphing Blanket (Free registration required)
    9) Quilt Square shader used on the blanket: Assorted Fabric Shaders 2 (Free registration required)
    10) Crushed beer can: Crushable beer can (Free registration required)
    11) Ring on female's finger: V4 Ring (Free registration required)
    12) Texture used for the cloth pile and the suit itself in the wedding photo: Genesis Pinstripe Suit (Free registration required)
    13) The picture frame for the wedding photo: Spring Bedroom Scene (Free registration required)
    14) The suit female is wearing and the helmet on the floor: First Order Stormtrooper Armor (V4)
    15) The ring male is wearing: Wedding Bands (Free registration required)

Paid: Dream Home Great Room Sunny Environment

Disclaimer: The female in the picture/render is an uber geek and a cosplayer and is not meant to be an actual stormtrooper.

thedayafter13.png
    1009 x 879 - 2M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited January 2016

The Day After, NAE, (okay not so orginal title but hey it works). Post work to add the smoke, amibeance and signature. Rendered in DAZ Studio using 3Delight. Both post and pre work images are attached.

My take on the theme this month. I have been working on a project I call Victoria 2. Generating images using DAZ's Victoria 2. Just putting the Victoria 2 figure through her paces. She has lots of cool stuff. I really love what Roxanne adds to the figure for additional looks. Proof that no mesh is to old to use and let fall to the side, especailly one like this. Sure she has ber drawbacks but she is still fun to take a spin with. Her imperfections just add to her charm and make me a better user of 3D software.

Freebies:
    Environment: City * Dystopia City Blocks 001-010 (Poser) by Ajax billy home Moebius87.
    Environment: City * Dystopia City Blocks 011-020 (Poser) by Ajax billy home Moebius87.
    Environment: City: Traffic Dystopia SkyTraffic by Stonemason. Down on the lower edge of the window you will see Downloads. Click on this. Click on first picture in first row.
    Environment: Ground * Dirt Road Land Prop For Daz Studio 4.6 by fictionalromance. The dirt road on the other side of the rifle
    Environment: Lighting * UberEnvironment2 Light-set5 (for SkyDome Exp5) by glaseye.
    Environment: Rubble * Rubble by Mortem Vetus .
    Environment: Rubble * Old pickup and rubble by nonoko.
    Environment: Sky * Sky dome by glaseye.
    Environment: Sky: Texture * SkyDome expansion 2 by glaseye.
    Environment: Tree Psytree4 by Dreampaint.
    Shader: Warrior: Hair * Shader Pack 1 for Daz|Studio 3 by Groovemaster.
    Warrior: Cigarette "ask for the link of this set and I will PM it to you" by hideout.
    Warrior: Clothing: Gee String * Zip_String for DAZs Victoria 1 by Goblin Desgin.
    Warrior: Earring * Morgan Raven Mohawk by Arki.
    Warrior: Morph Roxanne for V2 by Capsces. This is a direct link to the download.
    Warrior: Rifle * TheBeast by DarkEdgeDesign.
    Warrior: Shoes * HighLander clothing+props V4 by Mint3D.

Freebies: MIAs
    Warrior: Corset RDNA Hunter by Traveler.
    Warrior: Clothing RDNA Psiberia Vol 1 by Traveler.
    Warrior: Texture Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan. I added the paint to the skin for the Indian look.
    Postwork: Smoke Brushes Smokey by Amaranth Dreams. Her site needs to be reactivated so maybe in a week or two you might have access to the brushes.

No Counts:
    Warrior: Base * Victoria 2 by DAZ 3D. No longer available

Paid Fors:
    Environment: Rubble * Rubble 1: Urban Ruins by Stonemason. Concrete rubble under the tree

* - free registration is required.

TheDayAfter.jpg
    600 x 971 - 363K
    TheDayAfter-nopw.jpg
    600 x 971 - 391K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Here is my entry finaly :). It started with morphing room prop. I was trying to make a chest with a book of spells for a wizard, but it seems I got carried away...

Adventurers

This is the day after of two inexperienced adventurers that have before probably sitting in the comfortable and warm inn, having conversation like this:

Adventurer 1: "We could be rich ..."

Adventurer 2: "But there might be monsters there too ..."

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Michael 4 figure

Freebies:

1.)* Release 2 Poser Stone Shader And Room Prop

2.)* Deep Sea Tresure for Deep Sea Diver

3.)* Crockery Series: Amphora

4.)* Posable Treasure Chest

5.) Treasure Chest

6.)* Crockery Series: Green Vase

7.)* Crockery Series: Goblet

8.)* Crockery Series: Plate

9.) Jamie Hair Model & Textures

10.) Michael 4 Hair Refits

11.)* Textures for April YHS's Jamie Hair

12.) Jamie Hairstyles for M3 & M4

13.)* M4 Short Dreads Hair

14.)* Crown for M3

14.)* M4 Studded Leather Outfit

15.) Textures for The Mage - Earth

16.)* Beard 4 Michael 3 & David 3

17.)* H4_Yukihiro (for H4/M4Base)

18.) Gheftir morphs, textures and poses M4

19.)* Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Rendered on Insane)

Various free shaders I haven't listed but will try to do it next time.

Paid 1:
    The Mage

Paid 2:
    Valiant for Michael 4

Paid 3:
    DLD Stone Shaders for DAZ Studio

Validated, you can post in entry thread!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    jonttex82 said:
    Chohole said:

They count as no count

Thank you! In that case, here's entry.

I actually made this few weeks ago, but I've been too busy to post this until now. I went through many versions with this render (like the filename suggests).

My render is a more traditional "The Day After..." picture, where a guy has partied maybe a bit too hard the previous day and wakes up without any memories from the previous day, in a strange motel room, with a strange woman and to top it all, also finds out they're married to each other (well technically all this happens after the pictured moment, where they are still asleep).

Not counting items: Genesis Male and Female, WildMane hair (used on the male character) and Multiplane Cyclorama - Beach (used in the wedding photo).

1) The room and furniture: The Castle Motel, Part 1 (Free registration required)
    2) Pizza box: Pizza Night (Free registration required)
    3) Pizza: Pizza (pretty down on the page, 3rd download link from where it says Food)
    4) Shirt the male is wearing: Genesis Male Underwear (Free registration required)
    5) Bottles: Add ons for the Bar Eleganza (Free registration required)
    6) Clothes pile: Piles of Cloth (Free registration required)
    7) Wedding veil (under the female and in the wedding photo): V4/A4 Wedding Veil (Free registration required)
    8) The blanket: Morphing Blanket (Free registration required)
    9) Quilt Square shader used on the blanket: Assorted Fabric Shaders 2 (Free registration required)
    10) Crushed beer can: Crushable beer can (Free registration required)
    11) Ring on female's finger: V4 Ring (Free registration required)
    12) Texture used for the cloth pile and the suit itself in the wedding photo: Genesis Pinstripe Suit (Free registration required)
    13) The picture frame for the wedding photo: Spring Bedroom Scene (Free registration required)
    14) The suit female is wearing and the helmet on the floor: First Order Stormtrooper Armor (V4)
    15) The ring male is wearing: Wedding Bands (Free registration required)

Paid: Dream Home Great Room Sunny Environment

Disclaimer: The female in the picture/render is an uber geek and a cosplayer and is not meant to be an actual stormtrooper.

Validated , please post in the entries only thread.

I am having a really big issue with my render it is only getting to 57% each time I go to render it not sure what is going on with it but the little spin wheel I call it (The cursor spin) is still going around and around but it has not moved since it got to 57% can someone help me plz?

edited January 2016

I am having a really big issue with my render it is only getting to 57% each time I go to render it not sure what is going on with it but the little spin wheel I call it (The cursor spin) is still going around and around but it has not moved since it got to 57% can someone help me plz?

Has DAZ crashed? Ctrl-alt-del and check daz's memory and cpu usage, if they're stuck it's probably crashed. If they are still ticking away, the render might be stuck. Have you added anything heavy to the scene (refractive/reflective)? 

Post edited by KindredArts on
    edited January 2016

Has DAZ crashed? Ctrl-alt-del and check daz's memory and cpu usage, if they're stuck it's probably crashed. If they are still ticking away, the render might be stuck. Have you added anything heavy to the scene (refractive/reflective)? 

Doing Ctrl-alt-del just brings my to a log off page and so I do not know if daz crashed it is still doing the spining thing and you could still see the pixels going along before 57% but after no movement at all, the thing is all along I have been adding to and taking away things to see if that is what could be the problem the only thing I have added but not taken away is the UE lighting do you think maybe the lighting could be the problem?

THIS IS AS FAR AS IT GETS

this is as far as it goes.png
    800 x 494 - 325K

On that log off page, can you see task manager? That's where you can monitor cpu and memory usage.

On the UE light, have you set it to occlusion with soft shadows or something else?

Also, can you hear your computer still chugging away loudly or does it quiet down once it reaches 57%? My advice would be to use the draft preset for UE to make sure your settings arent locking up the render.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited January 2016

Awake to Dream

"Here," she said. "Have a drink of this. I swear, best trip ever."

Freebies

1. MatCreator's The Empire* (ground plane) with Tomashta's Grass Shader*

2. Sofa from Wilmap's Furniture (Part 1, Part 2) * with one of Redeyecat's Steampunk Materials

3. Skip1871's Ether Bottle* (with a retextured label)

4, Optitex dynamic Elephant Bell Bottoms (last item, bottom row)

5. Optitex dynamic Eiderdown (first item, top row)

6. Boots from Ghastly's Mechanized Infantry Girl*

7. Kozaburo's Messy Hair with the Vacasoft New Year's Celebration* texture

8. Findlay skin texture for Genesis 1 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)* by Bouncing Dog Graphics

9. Aziqo's FukanzenH tank top (originally for M3)

10. Wilmap's Genesis Swimwear 2* trunks

11. Joe Kurtz's Chedi*

Paid Items

Dreamlight's Light Dome Pro-R

Gen3 Shapes for Genesis (for converting that one shirt)

No Count

Genesis 1 & Genesis 1 Evolution

TrekkieGrrl's Morphing Pillow -- you can only see a corner of this, so I didn't count it. It's the top item on the linked page.

--

Rendered in DazStudio, postworked in the GIMP. I've included raw and postworked versions below. Thanks for the fun challenge!

WakeDream.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 964K
    ControlRender.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 896K
    Post edited by katfeete on

On that log off page, can you see task manager? That's where you can monitor cpu and memory usage.

On the UE light, have you set it to occlusion with soft shadows or something else?

Also, can you hear your computer still chugging away loudly or does it quiet down once it reaches 57%? My advice would be to use the draft preset for UE to make sure your settings arent locking up the render.

ohhh okies I will check the settings I have it on to see if that is what is getting it stuck and it s still chugging away (The Lappy) not real loudly but the usual loudness when rendering.

edited January 2016

Okies you were so right on the last one KA, it was the UE settings that was causing it to stop rendering at 57% it was on indirect lighting with soft shadows.

So finally here it is:

No Count things: Micheal4 figure and outfit, Lamp I made myself from shape magic program and textured myself

Guard Dog

Ferrett

Fish N Chips  #14 down the page

Hammer #9 down the page

Macaw

Pile of Clothes #14 down the page

Mask

Barrel, Box of Still whiskey bottles, Jug, box of Beer Bottles called: Bootlegers not sure where I got these if anyone knows where can you PM me with the link plz?

soccer ball

Mic #9 down the page

Glass Of Whiskey #10 down the page

Bloody Sickle

The Day After The Party 2.jpg
    800 x 494 - 73K