It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Don't you just love those Hackers anonymous or wahtever they call themselves

THousands of small businesses hit, they ain't hurting the big people now, but going for the little men, the ones that could go under because of something like this.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Here is the notice I just copied from the GoDaddy site:

NOTICE... .
    At 10:25 am PT, GoDaddy.com and associated customer services experienced intermittent outages. Services began to be restored for the bulk of affected customers at 2:43 pm PT. At no time was any sensitive customer information, such as credit card data, passwords or names and addresses, compromised. We will provide an additional update within the next 24 hours. We want to thank our customers for their patience and support.

Thought I better check this out because my domain and website are with GD and have been for years. My site is up and running.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I had a domain name from Madd Dogg for my bulletin, but I let it get parked last year. No idea what to do with it anymore.

edited December 1969

Um, does anyone know how to convert my shirt design from a PNG to vector format? I talked to ac local screen printing place today and they told me the image has to be in vector format for it to be printed on a black shirt.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Um, does anyone know how to convert my shirt design from a PNG to vector format? I talked to ac local screen printing place today and they told me the image has to be in vector format for it to be printed on a black shirt.

It's not easy. Or at least it's not easy to get good results.

I think Inkscape might be able to do it, but I don't know what the results will be like. I chose Inkscape firstly because it's free and secondly because in my past I have used it and know it's fairly easy to get to grips with.

Just checked the website and yes, Inkscape can do it. You'll need to use the Trace Bitmap command, but I haven't used Inkscape for years as I don't do much with vectors. It was VERY good though, so hopefully you'll get decent results.

http://inkscape.org/ <-- get it here :D</p>

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,709
    edited December 1969

I want it OMG I want it sooo badssssssly
    but do I reallly NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it?
    so pretty

I have the damned Le villiage bundle from last year an STILL have not rendered even one item!!! :roll:
    so
    maybe I should play with THAT instead :roll:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I want it OMG I want it sooo badssssssly
    but do I reallly NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it?
    so pretty

I have the damned Le villiage bundle from last year an STILL have not rendered even one item!!! :roll:
    so
    maybe I should play with THAT instead :roll:

Oh YES!! Beautiful Set. But then I would need some ships to add to it as well. They are EXPENSIVE.
    edited December 1969

good point, I managed to shut down my desktop after resetting and downloading the GenX DS4.5 update and not succumbing to buying those pretty docks that would look so nice with Carrara oceans and even in iClone!
    must get into that village!

edited December 1969

I'm all mad at myself. I forgot my alarm last night and slept way past my treatment today. Even made sure I went to bed and everything so I could go this morning. STUPID of me. I need to find an alarm I can set once for just those three days of the week. I do not want to get up at 5am everyday just to turn off an alarm. Any Ideas folks?

Also I think I know why I'm not rendering much any more. I boot up and get started with a idea and just stop because all the little steps are so repetitive on my arm and hand. The Arthur starts talking and I stop what I'm doing. By the time I feel like doing more work that Idea just seems so, I don't want to look at it anymore. Maybe it's my mind saying remember the pain and I just can't keep going. My Arthur is advancing pretty darn fast and I just can not work on a idea for hours at a time anymore like I used to.

edited December 1969

do not let Arthur win.
    The more you give in to him, the more ground he gains.
    use it or lose it!
    have a stress ball handy to squeeze now and again,
    (not one of those that looks like a boob!)

edited December 1969

I got one shaped like a kidney, used it to build up my fistula arm, needle place. I'm down to stuff I can do in one or two hours now. Much longer and I have to stop. I could go 4 or 5 hours just last year.

You can not get a GOOD render set up in just 2 hours, I can't any way.

edited December 1969

yeah, we will not discuss how I set up most of my silly videos in MINUTES!
    I actually do not spend all that much time on my 3D stuff! it just takes time to render.
    (and looks like it! :red: )
    I spend FAR too much time on this damned Android tab in bed!!!!
    I should be sleeping so I can get up and do stuff!!!

edited December 1969

Takes me a LOT longer than two hours to set up a render. Especially bearing in mind I start them, then start something else and forget everything.

Working on one now that's simply the Emotiguy with a happy smiling face, for my new happy blog. Which might or might not exist!

Why might it not exist?

Well, I'm glad you asked!

When I went to the cinema on Sunday, my first ticket payment was declined, even though I knew there was enough money in the bank, so they tried again and it succeeded. HOORAYYYYYYYYY. Except both payments have gone out of my bank, so my domain may or may not be paid for!

edited December 1969

Oooooh just noticed that Dark Star is on Fast Grab. Seriously guys, if you're ever likely to do a sci-fi render this set is bloody tremendous, I would go so far as to say it's a must-have. $8.69 is a bargain!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm all mad at myself. I forgot my alarm last night and slept way past my treatment today. Even made sure I went to bed and everything so I could go this morning. STUPID of me. I need to find an alarm I can set once for just those three days of the week. I do not want to get up at 5am everyday just to turn off an alarm. Any Ideas folks?

Not sure about your cellphone, but mine can set up a repeating alarm that can go off just on certain days. If your phone is too quiet to wake you, get some cheap pc speakers and connect it to those! WAKEY WAKEY!

I'm going to do the opposite of that now, and go to bed! Night night guys.

edited December 1969

Never thought about my cell phone. It's just a cheapy I carry in case I break down or something when I'm in my car. I'll look into that.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    just bought Petrina and Marielle hair? think that is right?
    names do not stick well in my brain, ( they are both twin piggy tails one braided the other baby doll spice)
    because with Daz, you ALWAYS can have a good hair day!!
    both looked soooooo pretty
    'cause I have no broadband left on my desktop dongle for two days I gotta weigh up digging out the craptop to use with my Android as a wifi modem as they are exe files ofcourse or just waiting.
    damn where is that extension cord, gonna fire up the kero heater, download my hairdos and render something!!!!

I could use these hairs, Wendy. I'll have to remember them.

Edit: Got them wish-listed now. Thanks.

Well, they WERE on my wishlist, but now they're not. I've spent several hours tonight shopping and adding items to my wishlist so I can start purchasing tomorrow. I just checked my wishlist and over half the items I selected tonight are not on my list.

edited December 1969

my phone IS my alarm clock!
    but I just overslept 3 hours because I thought I hit snooze but turned the alarm off.
    no time to use computer now!!!!

edited December 1969

Carole is my alarm clock! 6am every morning... poke poke poke! How rude!

edited December 1969

I was looking for documentation for Hexagon, and I can't find any, despite it saying there's updated documentation on its Daz Shop Page. Any ideas?

edited December 1969

Man, my brother got sick last night and I thought might end up calling 911, because he often ends up in the hospital when he gets sick. Thankfully, my brutha fom anutha mutha showed up to help. But my bro won't take any ibuprofen because he thinks pills are a lie. *SMH*

I now have 101 dalmatians...Oh, I mean, posts. :P

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    AtticAnne said:
    just bought Petrina and Marielle hair? think that is right?
    names do not stick well in my brain, ( they are both twin piggy tails one braided the other baby doll spice)
    because with Daz, you ALWAYS can have a good hair day!!
    both looked soooooo pretty
    'cause I have no broadband left on my desktop dongle for two days I gotta weigh up digging out the craptop to use with my Android as a wifi modem as they are exe files ofcourse or just waiting.
    damn where is that extension cord, gonna fire up the kero heater, download my hairdos and render something!!!!

I could use these hairs, Wendy. I'll have to remember them.

Edit: Got them wish-listed now. Thanks.

Well, they WERE on my wishlist, but now they're not. I've spent several hours tonight shopping and adding items to my wishlist so I can start purchasing tomorrow. I just checked my wishlist and over half the items I selected tonight are not on my list.

Share your wishlist with yourself silly but it does work or click the RSS feed button, that seems to give you a complete wish list, or so I am told.

edited December 1969

Man, my brother got sick last night and I thought might end up calling 911, because he often ends up in the hospital when he gets sick. Thankfully, my brutha fom anutha mutha showed up to help. But my bro won't take any ibuprofen because he thinks pills are a lie. *SMH*

I now have 101 dalmatians...Oh, I mean, posts. :P

Dalmations might be cooler than little green boxes, especially if they all had different spot patterns.
    edited December 1969

I only has two green dots. I am such a noob!

edited September 2012

I only has two green dots. I am such a noob!
    Naw, it says Active Member, makes you a Full fledged member in my book. ;-)

P.S. My phone will do the alarm thing. Thanks for the tip. Now I hope its loud enough.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

You should work towards that Number three box....it gives you Powers. ( just make sure no one sabotages you with Kryptonite)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You should work towards that Number three box....it gives you Powers. ( just make sure no one sabotages you with Kryptonite)

I'm sure it doesn't!

What's the threshold for that third green box anyway?

edited December 1969

edited December 1969

####

1001_logo.jpg
    191 x 131 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Holy mother of dog, might be a while yet then.

I'm in a situation where I have too many projects again. And I classify everything as a project, even cleaning the house, because it keeps things simple! Having a wash? It's a project. Making breakfast? It's a project!

But work-wise, yeah, I've got so many ideas that I'm accomplishing nothing at all again. So I am spending some time today setting up a proper plan. And you know what? I'm so pleased that I have. It's a lot simpler than I thought. Of course, each individual work project will be complex, but I can prioritise this way, and achieve something.

I woke up this morning unable to concentrate on anything, and that's when I decided that websites, Photoshop, 3D, just about everything else was too complex for me to get a grip with, so it was a good day to plan for those other days, when my brain is sharp.

And now, my brain is sharper! I'm up for some mischief!

This discussion has been closed.