Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.61! (Release Candidate 2)

1235»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Has there been any progress on that script to fix the database in DS 4.9 beta? I submitted help request #208705 12 days ago, but I haven't gotten any reply other than that it was submitted as a bug. I really want to get that fixed so I can use DS 4.9 Smart Content and categorization.

I'm testing it. It took longer than anticipated to get it to work. 

OK, I'm glad to hear that it is still a possibility. I realize I accepted the risk of problems by trying a Beta release. If it turns out that I have to reset the database or something, so be it. If I can avoid something that drastic, all the better.

I got the script attached to a response to my help request. I have run it and it seems to have improved things a lot. Thank you. It did not reimport any of the products that I had created myself from non-Daz content, like ShareCG freebies. I reimported the metadata for those products and now they too show up in my Content Library/Products section. I can create a new product and categorize its assets. I have seen a couple strange things:

1) When I open the Content Library and go to a Product that I created and right click on an asset icon and select Show In->Mapped Folder, it does not open the mapped folder. It just keeps displaying the product in the Product section. (This still works correctly in DS 4.8, but fails in DS 4.9) If I try the same thing with a Daz product, it works correctly.

2) In the Content Library, some assets are showing up both in LOCAL USER and in the product that I created to contain them. When I use Smart Content, those assets are displayed twice. If I go to the LOCAL USER product and right click on the duplicated asset and select Remove Reference, it does NOT remove it. How can I get things out of LOCAL USER?

Edited to add another problem:

3) I have a material preset that I created. It is showing up in Smart Content under Unassigned, so I right clicked and selected categorize. I assigned a category. However it still shows up under Unassigned, even after refreshing everything. If I right click and select categorize again, I can see that the category I assigned has an orange check mark, but Unassigned is still shown. If I drill down on the Unassigned to the end of the category chain, it has a gray check mark, and I cannot unselect it. So, I tried checking Remove from All Categories. That didn't remove it from Unassigned or from my assigned category - it didn't seem to do anything at all. So, how do I get an asset out of Unassigned?

4) I wanted to add the material preset that I created to an existing Daz product. I right clicked on the material preset in the Content Library mapped folder and selected Copy. I went to the Product in the Content Library and right clicked, but it would not show an option to Add Reference. How can I add an item I created to an existing Daz product so I can find it easily later?

Please file a ticket on these so they don't get lost. :) 

I have submitted it as Request #209663.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Has there been any progress on that script to fix the database in DS 4.9 beta? I submitted help request #208705 12 days ago, but I haven't gotten any reply other than that it was submitted as a bug. I really want to get that fixed so I can use DS 4.9 Smart Content and categorization.

I'm testing it. It took longer than anticipated to get it to work. 

OK, I'm glad to hear that it is still a possibility. I realize I accepted the risk of problems by trying a Beta release. If it turns out that I have to reset the database or something, so be it. If I can avoid something that drastic, all the better.

I got the script attached to a response to my help request. I have run it and it seems to have improved things a lot. Thank you. It did not reimport any of the products that I had created myself from non-Daz content, like ShareCG freebies. I reimported the metadata for those products and now they too show up in my Content Library/Products section. I can create a new product and categorize its assets. I have seen a couple strange things:

1) When I open the Content Library and go to a Product that I created and right click on an asset icon and select Show In->Mapped Folder, it does not open the mapped folder. It just keeps displaying the product in the Product section. (This still works correctly in DS 4.8, but fails in DS 4.9) If I try the same thing with a Daz product, it works correctly.

2) In the Content Library, some assets are showing up both in LOCAL USER and in the product that I created to contain them. When I use Smart Content, those assets are displayed twice. If I go to the LOCAL USER product and right click on the duplicated asset and select Remove Reference, it does NOT remove it. How can I get things out of LOCAL USER?

Edited to add another problem:

3) I have a material preset that I created. It is showing up in Smart Content under Unassigned, so I right clicked and selected categorize. I assigned a category. However it still shows up under Unassigned, even after refreshing everything. If I right click and select categorize again, I can see that the category I assigned has an orange check mark, but Unassigned is still shown. If I drill down on the Unassigned to the end of the category chain, it has a gray check mark, and I cannot unselect it. So, I tried checking Remove from All Categories. That didn't remove it from Unassigned or from my assigned category - it didn't seem to do anything at all. So, how do I get an asset out of Unassigned?

4) I wanted to add the material preset that I created to an existing Daz product. I right clicked on the material preset in the Content Library mapped folder and selected Copy. I went to the Product in the Content Library and right clicked, but it would not show an option to Add Reference. How can I add an item I created to an existing Daz product so I can find it easily later?

Please file a ticket on these so they don't get lost. :) 

I have submitted it as Request #209663.

Thanks. 

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

So... with release imininent, are we going to start seeing faster speeds out of Connect? Biggest issue for me has been Connect not showing me products for 24 hours or more after purchase, and sometimes being very selective about what products to show me (like not showing me a texture set was available until I actually had the item loaded and the context filter set).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Have to say I'm anxiously awaiting the release but I'm impressed about the team taking their time with this release.  Not sure if this is the last release of the 4.X but in any case take your time, I want it as bug free as possible. 

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited January 2016

So... with release imininent, are we going to start seeing faster speeds out of Connect? Biggest issue for me has been Connect not showing me products for 24 hours or more after purchase, and sometimes being very selective about what products to show me (like not showing me a texture set was available until I actually had the item loaded and the context filter set).

hmm I wonder if this is related:

I noticed that for some reason I do not automatically login after starting DAZ Studio.

In some past Beta version the login window was displayed at start after the welcome window.

Now I always seem to have to manually click on "login" in the upper right corner of the Smart Content Tab.

Because of that it happend a few times that I was searching for updates or available products without actually noticing that I was still in the "work offline" mode...

I did search around in the preferences but I could actually not find any

Settings to choose if you automatically log in at start up or not

Is there such a setting allready and I simply am looking in the wrong place?

Or

Is that option not (yet) available?

Manual log in.jpg
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • When trying to load G3F in a new scene recently I got a odd error message.
    "Error reading file, see log for more details". message.

But when looking in log to see the details, it just says "Error reading file, see log for more details".; which is not helpful. angry

This happened after I updated the Beta to 4.9.0.61. G3F always loaded fine before.
    Oddly when I load G3M it loads ok.  Both load ok in 4.8. And worked prior to 4.9.0.61.
    I suspect it has something to do with DAZ Connect/cloud, which has been more aggrevating than useful so far.

BTW, Win 7 64 bit ; Nividia GT 730

I submited a ticket #209466 and got some suggestions to try from the support person, but they have not worked so far.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It was working in an earlier DS4.9 beta?

• When trying to load G3F in a new scene recently I got a odd error message.
    "Error reading file, see log for more details". message.

But when looking in log to see the details, it just says "Error reading file, see log for more details".; which is not helpful. angry

This happened after I updated the Beta to 4.9.0.61. G3F always loaded fine before.
    Oddly when I load G3M it loads ok.  Both load ok in 4.8. And worked prior to 4.9.0.61.
    I suspect it has something to do with DAZ Connect/cloud, which has been more aggrevating than useful so far.

BTW, Win 7 64 bit ; Nividia GT 730

I submited a ticket #209466 and got some suggestions to try from the support person, but they have not worked so far.

If it is any help, tho not the same. I get that when I go to put a material preset on something, and Not notice that Nothing is selected in the scene tab.

Oddly, we have the same specs. I have 4.9.0.61 Public Build, and G3F loads fine in that. I did install G3F using DIM (I did not use that 'Connect' thing for anything), tho I'm not sure if that matters or not.

Oh, thought. That 'Content Directory Manager' thing. The order that the listings of paths is in, is that important or not?

• Oh, thought. That 'Content Directory Manager' thing. The order that the listings of paths is in, is that important or not?

It makes no difference.

• RainbowArtistRainbowArtist Posts: 101
    edited January 2016

It was working in an earlier DS4.9 beta?

YES. as I said " And worked prior to 4.9.0.61."

I suspected that somehow the G3F duf file had become corupted, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the G3F Starter Essentials via DIM. That didn't help. 

I haven't heard anymore from DAZ support yet. And since 4.9.0.63 has been released as the General release I guess that this issue may seem irrelevant now.  But I don't feel secure in overwriting 4.8 with this 4.9.0.63 because of the problems first users are reporting.

Edit: I did recieve more responses from DAZ CS but nothing suggested worked. However I was able to resolve the problem by finding corrupted G3F files in the cloud folder. Deleting those fixed the problem. Apparently they got corrupted during the DAZ Connect download and the files were only partially downloaded and never removed causing that weird error message.
    Now, G3F loads fine from both cloud and locally. But there are still issues with Smart Content not working very well as many other people are also reporting in the Forums.

Post edited by RainbowArtist on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

I noticed that a new set of 4.9 Beta files appeared in my DIM a couple of hours ago. What version is this? Is it a real update?

MelanieL said:

I noticed that a new set of 4.9 Beta files appeared in my DIM a couple of hours ago. What version is this? Is it a real update?

Same as the release version. (4.9.0.63)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    MelanieL said:

Thanks for the speedy reply - excellent news for me as I'd like to upgrade my Beta installation to try out the new Iray version etc, but I'm not keen (yet) to wipe out my DS4.6 till I'm sure all my plugins and 3Delight light sets are working in 4.9.

• MelanieL said:

So this gives us the equivalent of having both release versions of 4.8 and 4.9 at the same time on the PC? Yes?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MelanieL said:

So this gives us the equivalent of having both release versions of 4.8 and 4.9 at the same time on the PC? Yes?

Yes, this way you can have both installed.

• MelanieL said:

Well, that's nice but doesn't help the people who already overwrote their 4.8 version to upgrade (not me). And why would they put an identical version in the Beta DL spot unless it is to respond to the clamor over the problems some people are having. A Beta is supposed to be a hypothetical improvement over the previous version, not the same ( altho, as we know all too well, newer is NOT always better).

MelanieL said:

Well, that's nice but doesn't help the people who already overwrote their 4.8 version to upgrade (not me). And why would they put an identical version in the Beta DL spot unless it is to respond to the clamor over the problems some people are having. A Beta is supposed to be a hypothetical improvement over the previous version, not the same ( altho, as we know all too well, newer is NOT always better).

It is done so that, regardless of what channel (release, public beta, private beta) you have, you have the latest for that channel.