Contest~~Because I Said So!~~December 2015

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2016

Okay, will do wink  EDIT: Done.

Post edited by Novica on

Voting is now open! You have until midnight, DAZ time, on the 23rd of this month, to get your votes in. Please remember to vote for the best/funniest render (you'll need to have 4 winners, one for 1st-4th place) and then in the next section, the Shape Magic render winner. (One vote.) 

The new contest is up. I didn't forget the wonderful suggestions, you are all going to have a lot of fun with those, and we're adding Mad Libs!

I voted already for this contest. Man, you people make it difficult!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Thanks for all the work you put into this Novica! I'm trying to decide where to put my votes now. It's definitely not easy!

Just a note- Sapphirewild's last minute entry seems to be missing from the main voting. It's selectible in the shape magic drop down though.

I noticed that about five minutes ago, apparently I didn't hit "Save." Thanks for proofchecking! Fixing it now.

It's fixed. It gets a bit confusing, each section has it's own Save and when I hit the Save for the Shape Magic, I assumed it saved the page changes. I knew better than that, had a "duh" moment. 

And it's my pleasure. Have fun with the new contest too!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Just voted! Great images by all - made it hard to select once again. Thanks Novica for all your hard work organizing this contest.

• Okay, it was tough, but my votes are in.  Thanks Novica.  I already have a few ideas for the new contest.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648

I voted too. Thanks, Novica for sponsoring. I read your post about your vet bills and am sorry to hear that your cats are ailing. We all get to that sometime. The next contest looks like fun and I will definitely do at least one fot it. 

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

I also voted.  And just noticed that the new contest has started.  Thanks Novica for all your work making everything come together so seamlessly.

Thanks luci45! The cats are holding their own, medical results stabilizing, meaning not getting any worse so meds are working. $90 just for methimozale last week though (thyroid)

I may be able to render something for the contest since I got the new computer. I could not complete the one I wanted to do for this past one (December) so I'll have it for next year, it's rather humorous. One render run it was over 11 hours and not anywhere near finished, on the old computer, so I had to cancel it. 

So look out world, here I come...maybe..

And btw, huge congrats to barbult winning the Raining Men contest and Luci45 2nd place (same post, scroll down)  in the Repurposed (wonderful lighting!) 

Gopherus said:

I also voted.  And just noticed that the new contest has started.  Thanks Novica for all your work making everything come together so seamlessly.

My pleasure. You make me laugh...a LOT.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have finished my voting and you sure r right about it being hard to vote this time around omg!!!!

Thank you so much Novica for having this great challenge for all of us you are the tops!!!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

voted, Novica can you see if I voted twice I forgot something and foted again blush

I'll check :) If you did, do you want the second time counted or a combination of the two? It should have only let you vote once, I check that anyway and it's never happened. I'm headed out to run an errand but will be back in a few hours and I will look then. Not a problem!

• LyamLyam Posts: 137

Got my votes in.  Thank you Novica.  This was fun.  I'm glad to hear your pets are doing as well as can be. 

Sasje said:

voted, Novica can you see if I voted twice I forgot something and foted again blush

Would you see if you can vote again, I'm not seeing anything at all. If you can't, PM me with your choices and I will do it manually for you. 

Novica said:
    Sasje said:

Would you see if you can vote again, I'm not seeing anything at all. If you can't, PM me with your choices and I will do it manually for you. 

Done laughNow I know what I did wrong, smiley

Novica said:
    Sasje said:

Done laugh

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949

I also have voted efore 2 days. I am hoping that everything is good and that I don't have to vote again, sorry for not posting before.

You're fine Milos! Thanks for voting.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    Novica said:

Thanks luci45! The cats are holding their own, medical results stabilizing, meaning not getting any worse so meds are working. $90 just for methimozale last week though (thyroid)

I may be able to render something for the contest since I got the new computer. I could not complete the one I wanted to do for this past one (December) so I'll have it for next year, it's rather humorous. One render run it was over 11 hours and not anywhere near finished, on the old computer, so I had to cancel it. 

So look out world, here I come...maybe..

And btw, huge congrats to barbult winning the Raining Men contest and Luci45 2nd place (same post, scroll down)  in the Repurposed (wonderful lighting!) 

I'm glad to hear the cats are good for now, also glad that you got a new computer. I bought one in April with a Titan GPU because I fell in love with Iray. Anyway, I look forward to your render. It's fun when they don't take so long. 

Thanks for the congrats. IG Light Probe lighting and Parrotdolphin's wonderful textures made it fun. 

Congrat from me too, barbult. Both of your renders were wonderful, the guys and their clothes. 

Voting ends at midnight, Daz time, tonight. As usual, we have several renders that are very close for first place, and second place! If you haven't voted and have an entry (and I haven't checked that yet, I'm just reminding you "just in case,") your entry won't be eligible to even get mentioned.  So definitely vote if you entered, and please vote if you didn't enter. If you know some other folks, please mention it to them too. Thanks!

edited January 2016

Well, very well done! The winners are here, and it was the closest race ever! A single point determined the difference between 3rd and 4th place. (Two points separated 4th and 5th places, with a lot of renders in that group!)  Every render got votes in different places, and eight all received first place votes. Seven got second place votes, and some of these had overlap.

First Place: It's Not The Usual Mannequin (Isidorn)   "I want it NOW!" 

Second Place: Rats  (Sasje)  "I don't care how much you saved!" 

Third Place: It's Mine! (RGcincy)  "I want it NOW!" 

Fourth Place: He Just Wants To Play (Sasje)  "Give it back." 

Fourth Place: Special Gifts  (Lyam)  "Give it back." 

While "He Just Wants To Play" officially won the fourth place prize, there is a one prize limit per person in the regular competition, as noted in the Guidelines. Shape Magic was not included in this limitation as it's a separate competition.  Our fifth place moves up to fourth, and there was only one POINT difference!  Interesting to note they both used the same statement!  Therefore, sharing the fourth place placement, but receiving the prize money, will be "Special Gifts." 

I think it's important for folks who did not get in these slots to remember many of you had MULTIPLE first and second place votes, and that was true with the Shape Magic entries as well. (See next post.) 

For those who didn't officially win, (all the renders are winners, I had a lot of laughs!)  I will be PM'ing you with a unique number. I will be asking SereneNight to pick a number, but NOT YET. I had an emergency last night with my horse and was not able to do anything until this morning, fortunately I tallied all the votes yesterday as they came in, did the few from last night this morning. This post was my first priority to tell you the winners. And yes, the horse is FINE, it wasn't colic but was life threatening. After treatment, an hour later, per the vet's instructions,  he was eating the small amount of warm, soaked hay we gave him (to be on safe side) and loving every minute of it. Nuzzled me as I left wanting more- he's doing great! 

So we'll do the number drawing later this afternoon,right now I will do the list of those who I need to PM, etc, then SereneNight will post the random draw winner. I will be sending the winners via PM the gift card codes, please let me know immediately if you have any trouble with those. Customer service always has to tell me the codes as I get sent 3 codes for every 1 that I buy, and only 1 is correct. (Wish they'd get that fixed, been six months now!)  So EVERYONE should get a PM from me within the next two hours (it's 11am) then watch here for the winning random draw winner.

Next post will showcase the Shape Magic winner!

Also, it's fun to see the variety of statements which won.   "I want it NOW!" was suggested by XaatXuun and got a first place and third place win, helping two people.  Way to go XaatXuun!  Also interesting- those adorable bots who the vendor had to really promote to DAZ (they didn't want to publish them initially) have snuck into the winner's circle AGAIN. What's that say about the bots? (and the artist, of course!) 

I'd like to thank everyone for participating, and it was great to have MilosGulan participate for the first time! 

because1stDec2015NotMann.jpg
    1020 x 600 - 415K
    because2ndDec2015Rats.jpg
    775 x 600 - 387K
    because3rdDec2015ItsMine.jpg
    600 x 600 - 377K
    because4thDec2015HeWantsPlay.jpg
    774 x 600 - 288K
    because4thDec2015SpecGift.jpg
    513 x 600 - 270K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

For the Shape Magic competition, congratulations! That lovely hour glass is made with Shape Magic.

The Collection (Sasje)  "Oh, you shouldn't have. REALLY." 

RGcincy will be PMing the gift card code, please watch for it!  Thanks to everyone for trying Shape Magic, I'm sure you'll find it has many uses. All the renders received multiple votes, it was spread very evenly. And thank you Rich, for offering your support to the contest and for also participating on a regular basis!

becauseShapeMagicTheCollection.jpg
    792 x 600 - 451K
    Post edited by Novica on

I have sent all the winners their gift card codes, and the other entry artists have been sent a unique number. You know the number, I know the number, SereneNight does not and will DRAW the winner number. (She doesn't pick a number randomly.) I am off to contact her now to ask if she can do that sometime today, as soon as possible. She might not be home as it's a weekend, so bookmark the thread and you'll know when the result is in. Good luck everyone! 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

The winning number is 29! Congratulations to the lucky winner.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Congratulations Sasje for your wins! I'm especially glad to award you the Shape Magic gift certificate - I enjoyed seeing how you incorporated the objects into your scenes. I've PM'd you the gift card code.

Congratulations to Isidorn and Lyam for their winning entries and thanks to all those who participated. Fun to see how the different statements were interpreted. 

Thanks Novica for allowing me to be one of the sponsors and for all the hard work you put in organizing and sponsoring the contest.

• Congrat to all the winners!! All really great renders!! yes

Number 29 is Saphirewild!