Problem with making custom morph for V4 in poser using morph tool... pls help...

I have sculpted my custom character, it took me 3 days to shape. She is massive and the mesh is displaced quite a lot compared to standard V4... After i was satisfied with the shape, i wanted to pose her, and it seems that the joint zones cause some kind of issue... The shoulder seems to be shifting in one axis after i move the shoulder... I dont know what to do, and if i can salvage this model and fix it somehow, OR if there's a way to sculpt her again avoiding this result...

Comments

• TigersanTigersan Posts: 17
    edited January 2016

Tried playing with the weight maps, but they are smooth and "they act" as if everything is ok... I have no CLUE Why is this hapening??? If i turn the custom morph to 0 the problem dissapears. But I thought the morph tool is exactly made for that purpose?! To morph?! I dont know how to fix the problem please help...

03.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 102K
    Post edited by Tigersan on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2016

When making extreme morphs, you will have to adjust figure the joints for the figure for the new shape, and possibly add jcms to correct bending issues. You cannot do these types of morphs with weightmapping alone, especially with legacy figures. I forget what the name of the feature is for it in Poser, but you will need to set up the new joints for the new morph.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • TigersanTigersan Posts: 17
    edited January 2016

Ugh I was afraid of something like that, lol... Do you know any tutorials that explain how to do that step by step? And thank you for the reply :)

Post edited by Tigersan on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2016

I don't have any of that information, you may want to ask on the official forums at RDNA, but I think you're really in new territory as I doubt many have tried this with any figures in Poser.  I think Poser 11 makes the process easier, the earlier versions (Poser 2012 and 2014) you have to record and manually move the joint to the new position for each joint in the new shape.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on