Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.61! (Release Candidate 2)

Comments

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited January 2016

If it shows up on the Installed tab, uninstall it. It should then show up as an available download.

Sadly that doesn't work.  I've even moved the relevant folder in Appdat/Roaming in case there are files in there that relate and only DS 4.8 shows up in the Registry.

Post edited by LeggyBlond on
  • What are your Download Filters set to (Ready to Download tab in DIM)?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited January 2016
    jestmart said:

Try running it as administrator.

That changes the user and will always cause the error. 

Note Daz Studio is not designed to be "run as administrator" and there is no need to do so. 

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited January 2016

Also, why is the head tilting forward and the left hand moving forward as well?

GET REAL! Just pin the translate and rotation of the feet after posing your character, then grab the hands with the mouse and move them. In most cases the feet will move despite pinning them. In any other 3d software, ik works as it should. In the examples below, I grabbed the right hand and translated it straight forward. The entire upper body follows before the arm straightens out. Right foot also moved up a little. If you tell me I have to pin the shoulders too then this IK doesn't work as it should. With the same setup in Blender, the upper body doesn't move until the arm is straight and the feet stay put until the leg has straightened out fully.

That is not a small movement. 

What do you mean? The only thing that should move is the hand until the arm straightens out fully. even still the head and left arm started moving as soon as the right hand begain translating. So large move or small move. IT'S BROKEN! In this pose, the foot didn't move until I got to a certain point but again the leg should have straightened out fully before the pinned foot popped into the position on the second pic and yes i did say pop because there was nothing smooth about it.

You said small movement, that is not a small movement. 

The hand and arm should move, not just the hand, they are connected. Note do it to yourself, put your hand on your hip, and have a friend pull it horizontally out to the side, how far can it be pulled before your shoulder is forced down? 

If you want to limit the effect on other parts of the body, use pins. And note that like most IK systems, and real life, the pins will only hold until you reach the limits of movement.Then the pins have to give or the skinning breaks. (In real life you get a a sprain, or muscle tear or even break bones.) 

Could the IK system be improved? Yes.

Is it improved in this version of Daz Studio? No. 

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • What are your Download Filters set to (Ready to Download tab in DIM)?

Problem Solved Thanks

• I have a V4 texture I need to apply to G2F.

The procedure supplied by the vendor does not appear to be able to be done in DS4.9.

Please tell me how to apply a V4 texture to the Genesis 2 female using DS4.9, which used to be obvious but now appear to have been removed from the product.

Thanks,

Martin

I have a V4 texture I need to apply to G2F.

The procedure supplied by the vendor does not appear to be able to be done in DS4.9.

Please tell me how to apply a V4 texture to the Genesis 2 female using DS4.9, which used to be obvious but now appear to have been removed from the product.

Thanks,

Martin

I don't know how you were converting before, but you can apply the material set to V4 then save as->material preset. (As a different name where you can find it in your content library.) That new material preset will now apply to V4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, presuming you have the V4 UV set for Genesis 2 Female.
  • jestmart said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but it still pops up the Configuration message. :-(

Hopefully the nexr RC will correct it.

• jestmart said:

It will pop up that message the first time you run it as admin. Log in and it shouldn't appear the next time you run DS as an admin.

• jestmart said:

It will pop up that message the first time you run it as admin. Log in and it shouldn't appear the next time you run DS as an admin.

Ok, I just tried it and no Configuration message this time. Just the unwanted  DAZ Connect logon window. Thanks for the tip.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861
    edited January 2016

Call me crazy but I think something is up with the translucency slider.

No matter how small the number you type in is, the figure is still super translucent.

Post edited by Toyen on
  • I don't know how you were converting before, but you can apply the material set to V4 then save as->material preset. (As a different name where you can find it in your content library.) That new material preset will now apply to V4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, presuming you have the V4 UV set for Genesis 2 Female.

Thank you, you spoke the unspoken words. How do I acquire the V4 UV set for the Genesis females?
  • Actually, I have all Genesis people and V4.2. The Genesis 1 female has the V4.2 UV map. So, how to I get the G2F to use the G1F UV map that I already have?
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Toyen said:

No matter how small the number you type in is, the figure is still super translucent.

Were you possibly looking for the Opacity slider, to make the object partially or fully transparent (not to be confused with the translucency slider)? 

Here's an old thread where I asked about translucency (although I've long since forgotten what I learned there, I'd have to read through it again to refresh my memory), perhaps there is some useful information in there or one of the links within it that will help you with translucency: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20638/ubersurface-subsurface-scattering-and-translucency

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Despite what DAZ_Spooky says about not being designed to be run as administrator I have found that there are certain settings that will not stick if they are not done when running as administrator.

• jestmart said:

Despite what DAZ_Spooky says about not being designed to be run as administrator I have found that there are certain settings that will not stick if they are not done when running as administrator.

Could you name them, please. Are you using Windows 10?

• jestmart said:

Run as Administrator or run normally using an Administrator account?

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Toyen said:

If you mean Iray Uber, try adjusting the distances in the SSS group. I can't use Iray on this particular machine because of crashes, but to get rid of backlight making a whole figure look like jelly and only have it affect the ears (all that without using any "translucency strength" maps, of course), I found that one of those distances should be in the single numbers like 3, and the other in the hundreds like 300. Sorry I can't recall ATM which one should be which.

I don't know how you were converting before, but you can apply the material set to V4 then save as->material preset. (As a different name where you can find it in your content library.) That new material preset will now apply to V4, Genesis and Genesis 2 Female, presuming you have the V4 UV set for Genesis 2 Female.

Thank you, you spoke the unspoken words. How do I acquire the V4 UV set for the Genesis females?

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

• jestmart said:

I frorgot to add that one does not need to run DS as an Admin, it wasn't designed to.

jestmart said:

Run as Administrator or run normally using an Administrator account?

The first can be problematic because that is not how Daz Studio is designed to work. The second is the same as running it on a non-admin account, since DS does not need Admin access. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Postgre is one area where 'run as admin' will cause problems...

For Genesis, it by default, has V4 included.  The link Spooky posted is for providing the V4 UVs for Genesis 2.

mjc1016 said:

For Genesis, it by default, has V4 included.  The link Spooky posted is for providing the V4 UVs for Genesis 2.

Yes. My fault for not specifying. The original question was about Genesis 2 Female, but that doesn't get carried over in the thread for those following along. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Has there been any progress on that script to fix the database in DS 4.9 beta? I submitted help request #208705 12 days ago, but I haven't gotten any reply other than that it was submitted as a bug. I really want to get that fixed so I can use DS 4.9 Smart Content and categorization.

barbult said:

Has there been any progress on that script to fix the database in DS 4.9 beta? I submitted help request #208705 12 days ago, but I haven't gotten any reply other than that it was submitted as a bug. I really want to get that fixed so I can use DS 4.9 Smart Content and categorization.

I'm testing it. It took longer than anticipated to get it to work. 

barbult said:

OK, I'm glad to hear that it is still a possibility. I realize I accepted the risk of problems by trying a Beta release. If it turns out that I have to reset the database or something, so be it. If I can avoid something that drastic, all the better.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited January 2016

The DAZ Connect version of Genesis Starter Essentials is in an endless state of being in the "Updates" subtab of the DAZ Studio Smart Content tab.

Can anyone else confirm this?

related product:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

Only the DAZ connect version is installed on this workstation. The DIM version is not installed.

I was able to observe this issue for weeks now. For a time I just assumed that this product is updated very frequently but that does not seem to be the case.

- - -

Steps tried to resolve the issue (without success):

- right click and uninstall Genesis Starter Essentials in the Smart Content tab

- close DAZ Studio

- manually delete the folder 14812 in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud

- reboot workstation

- start DAZ Studio

- reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials from the smart content available tab

Result:

Genesis Starter Essentials shows up in the "Updates" subtab of the DAZ Studio Smart Content tab again.

- - -

Certainly not a high priority issue.

But one of those things that just have me puzzled because I cannot figure out why this is happening.

Genesis Starter Essentials remain constantly in the Updates subtab.jpg
    Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited January 2016
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

OK, I'm glad to hear that it is still a possibility. I realize I accepted the risk of problems by trying a Beta release. If it turns out that I have to reset the database or something, so be it. If I can avoid something that drastic, all the better.

I got the script attached to a response to my help request. I have run it and it seems to have improved things a lot. Thank you. It did not reimport any of the products that I had created myself from non-Daz content, like ShareCG freebies. I reimported the metadata for those products and now they too show up in my Content Library/Products section. I can create a new product and categorize its assets. I have seen a couple strange things:

1) When I open the Content Library and go to a Product that I created and right click on an asset icon and select Show In->Mapped Folder, it does not open the mapped folder. It just keeps displaying the product in the Product section. (This still works correctly in DS 4.8, but fails in DS 4.9) If I try the same thing with a Daz product, it works correctly.

2) In the Content Library, some assets are showing up both in LOCAL USER and in the product that I created to contain them. When I use Smart Content, those assets are displayed twice. If I go to the LOCAL USER product and right click on the duplicated asset and select Remove Reference, it does NOT remove it. How can I get things out of LOCAL USER?

Edited to add another problem:

3) I have a material preset that I created. It is showing up in Smart Content under Unassigned, so I right clicked and selected categorize. I assigned a category. However it still shows up under Unassigned, even after refreshing everything. If I right click and select categorize again, I can see that the category I assigned has an orange check mark, but Unassigned is still shown. If I drill down on the Unassigned to the end of the category chain, it has a gray check mark, and I cannot unselect it. So, I tried checking Remove from All Categories. That didn't remove it from Unassigned or from my assigned category - it didn't seem to do anything at all. So, how do I get an asset out of Unassigned?

4) I wanted to add the material preset that I created to an existing Daz product. I right clicked on the material preset in the Content Library mapped folder and selected Copy. I went to the Product in the Content Library and right clicked, but it would not show an option to Add Reference. How can I add an item I created to an existing Daz product so I can find it easily later?

Post edited by barbult on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Has there be

3) I have a material preset that I created. It is showing up in Smart Content under Unassigned, so I right clicked and selected categorize. I assigned a category. However it still shows up under Unassigned, even after refreshing everything. If I right click and select categorize again, I can see that the category I assigned has an orange check mark, but Unassigned is still shown. If I drill down on the Unassigned to the end of the category chain, it has a gray check mark, and I cannot unselect it. So, I tried checking Remove from All Categories. That didn't remove it from Unassigned or from my assigned category - it didn't seem to do anything at all. So, how do I get an asset out of Unassigned?

I'm not sure if you are seeing the same thing, but there's a bug that has been around for a while that, for me at least, keeps one thing stuck in the unassigned category most of the time.  It doesn't appear to be related to the content, as periodically during either version updates or database installs it will change to be a different stuck item, with the previously stuck one working normally again.  If that's what you are seeing you will have to just ignore it (you can delete it from unassigned, but it will just reappear the next time you scan for content.). 

Hopefully that will get fixed eventually, but if you install a lot of content you'll probably start to recognize which item is currently stuck, making it easier to ignore.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

I got the script attached to a response to my help request. I have run it and it seems to have improved things a lot. Thank you. It did not reimport any of the products that I had created myself from non-Daz content, like ShareCG freebies. I reimported the metadata for those products and now they too show up in my Content Library/Products section. I can create a new product and categorize its assets. I have seen a couple strange things:

1) When I open the Content Library and go to a Product that I created and right click on an asset icon and select Show In->Mapped Folder, it does not open the mapped folder. It just keeps displaying the product in the Product section. (This still works correctly in DS 4.8, but fails in DS 4.9) If I try the same thing with a Daz product, it works correctly.

2) In the Content Library, some assets are showing up both in LOCAL USER and in the product that I created to contain them. When I use Smart Content, those assets are displayed twice. If I go to the LOCAL USER product and right click on the duplicated asset and select Remove Reference, it does NOT remove it. How can I get things out of LOCAL USER?

Edited to add another problem:

4) I wanted to add the material preset that I created to an existing Daz product. I right clicked on the material preset in the Content Library mapped folder and selected Copy. I went to the Product in the Content Library and right clicked, but it would not show an option to Add Reference. How can I add an item I created to an existing Daz product so I can find it easily later?

Please file a ticket on these so they don't get lost. :)