Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Oooooh - Favarel! OMG And Don Albert. It's going to take me all night to narrow it down.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

So will Surreality be back again later or what?

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited September 2012

What are the chance Favarel will stay on sale until the 14th? .... I get paid on Friday and was hoping to pick up about $300 worth of that artist's amazing stuff. Did I read somewhere there's a catch up sale? Otherwise I'll have to wait until items go on sale indifually I guess.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • edited December 1969

Are the Hero loaders for Predatron fixed yet? Tried later yesterday and it's still coming out as a DAZ Studio installer and not Poser.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

bohemian3 said:
    What are the chance Favarel will stay on sale until the 14th? .... I get paid on Friday and was hoping to pick up about $300 worth of that artist's amazing stuff. Did I read somewhere there's a catch up sale? Otherwise I'll have to wait until items go on sale indifually I guess.

I'd say odds are not good. Typically they've only lasted about 48 hours...

• edited December 1969

Perhaps DAZ will be gracious enough to throw all of this stuff back on for one day at the end of the month.

And then the servers will melt.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Yes... VERY sorry about that.

Taozen said:
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Thanks, no problem, better late than never... :)

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Yes... VERY sorry about that.

Taozen said:
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

The new stuff looks great! (I could probably say this every day)

I bought Faveral's Medieval Docks and Medieval City earlier this year (after failing to choose between them). Both are very cool and highly recommended. Medieval City's textures are grittier and (in my opinion) more realistic. Medieval Docks is a HUGE set that renders quickly and has many amazing buildings in it...not just docks, it's a whole town. You can tell these are great sets because DAZ 3D uses them in promo renders for other products all the time. :)

Also, in case you don't own it yet, Castle Creator (which is a DAZ Original by Faveral) is also on sale...as is the Fantasy Starter Bundle that includes it. I own the bundle and recommend that too.

Looking forward to Surreality Day, also...actually, can anyone who saw the new Surreality product confirm whether it was a PA item or DAZ Original? Thinking of spending my PC coupon today, but I'll wait if perchance it's a DAZ Original.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Day 12.5???
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-muses-summer

There is no cart button on this.
    How cruel is that!? :)

Aw, hinting at new Surreality stuff and then not delivering is mean. :( But with the new Faveral set, I feel magnanimous. ;)
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Ippotamus said:
    Day 12.5???
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-muses-summer

There is no cart button on this.
    How cruel is that!? :)

Aw, hinting at new Surreality stuff and then not delivering is mean. :( But with the new Faveral set, I feel magnanimous. ;)

Yes, it was a brutal witching hours to be sure.
    But I got some sleep and had a cookie.
    I feel better now. :P

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,328
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    @ Nigel for M5

•This product includes two installers for DAZ Studio 4.0 and two installers for DAZ Studio 4.5

I installed the two pc installers for DAZ Studio 4.5.

It seems the installers put all content in the runtime properly but for me the metadata seems to be missing.
    This means the product is not showing up in smart content or in the Surfaces Tab.

When browsing any Folder of the Nigel for M5 and selecting any files there are no entries at all showing in the Content DB Editor.

- - -

Did anyone install the version for DAZ Studio 4.5 Nigel for M5 and does have any metadata?

- - -

[...]

I installed the DS 4.5 version. It does have metadata, but it is extremely unconventional. The majority of the textures appear in the Smart Content tab under Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->EHHS and Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->Default. This is not under the Presets->Materials grouping where you would expect such materials to appear. Also, I expect EHHS is a typo for EHSS. The morphs appear in Shaping on the Smart Contant tab, not in Presets-> Morphs. If they don't issue a quick update to straighten that out and put things where they "should" be, I think I'll use the Content DB Editor to fix it myself.

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope this helps narrow it down where something went wrong.
    From my end it just seems as the metadata was either not complete or did not completly install.

I was able to find the different Nigel shapes in the "shapes" tab.
    But I was not able to find any options for Materials neither in file view nor in product view in smart content.
    (Not even in the path you desribed.)
    Maybe there is something else going on. I had another look at some more products I purchased during the sale.

For example:

I am not able to find any metadata entries for "Aquatic for Genesis".
    All values in the Content DB Editor for "Aquatic for Genesis" are missing.

Can anyone find any metadata there?
    Maybe something else is wrong with my DS4.5 installation if I can´t see the metadata.

To put it different there are no products called "Nigel" or "Aquatic for Genesis" showing up in smart content.

Personally I got used to haveing to tweak existing metadata from my end. But if there is not even a "Product" set up it is not a matter of tweaking but having to start from scratch and that will certainly lead to incompatibilites when addons are released that rely on the original naming (compatibility bases etc) that the DAZ team is using.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

The new stuff looks great! (I could probably say this every day)

I bought Faveral's Medieval Docks and Medieval City earlier this year (after failing to choose between them). Both are very cool and highly recommended. Medieval City's textures are grittier and (in my opinion) more realistic. Medieval Docks is a HUGE set that renders quickly and has many amazing buildings in it...not just docks, it's a whole town. You can tell these are great sets because DAZ 3D uses them in promo renders for other products all the time. :)

Noooo, I thought I was doing so well resisting, but now I have to get them.
    My credit card is weeping. WEEPING.

edited December 1969

PA Item.

, can anyone who saw the new Surreality product confirm whether it was a PA item or DAZ Original? Thinking of spending my PC coupon today, but I'll wait if perchance it's a DAZ Original.
  • edited December 1969

I'm on day 2 of AGAIN wrong loaders......

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Are the Hero loaders for Predatron fixed yet? Tried later yesterday and it's still coming out as a DAZ Studio installer and not Poser.

have you put in a bug report? can't be fixed if no-one knows about it. :D

• edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

Done. After dropping over $100 in 2 days....I want results....grrrrrr

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

I've lost track of how much money I've spent during the PA sale, but I think I'm going to need a bigger hard drive.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Day 14 is here! Enjoy :)

edited December 1969

If you can call customer support on this. We have checked and double checked and all associations appear to be correct. and we are getting the correct files at Download. We want to get you up and running ASAP, and so customer support would be the fastest way at this point.

jakiblue said:

Done. After dropping over $100 in 2 days....I want results....grrrrrr

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited September 2012

Very pretty indeed. But not Surreality. Wasn't her new character supposed to be named Summer?I'm sure that was the name the flap was over earlier today.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

The HDR Pro Sets Urban Recreation looks amazing. I hope DT continues with this as just looking at the promos I'm astounded!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/urban-recreation

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

Very pretty indeed. But not Surreality. Wasn't her new character supposed to be named summer?I'm sure that was the name the flap was over earlier today.
    That was my reaction too. Kind of strange. Valea's Summer looks great (and comes with hair...that's certainly a nice perk) and I'm sure surreality's is amazing too. I'll probably have to choose between them and wishlist the other.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Is Dee doing another Genesis character? I'd so love that but she's not very partial on DS so unless she's been hunkering down learning the program or got someone to do the mats for her I imagine anything from the house of Surreality will be Poser only for the most part.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

I really love Surreality's characters but Valea's Summer looks fabulous! And the hair looks even more fabulous!!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Would a V3 character work with Genesis and V3 shapes? I do actually have v3 by itself as well. Thinking of getting this one: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shadiyah-spirit-of-the-orient

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

You would need
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis
    and GenX (now updated for DS 4.5)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genx-addon-gen3-for-v3-and-m3
    or
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genx-addon-gen3-bundle

But you will only get the shape across, Genesis doesn't take the Generation3 uvmaps.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

On The Hunt (NSFW), featuring Stonemason's Urban Future 4. (Stonemason's PA sale day was expensive for me... heh. His stuff is great.)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Valea's Summer is the new Eve!! Sans the apple jewellery. Awesome, I like the new iteration better =) And not just because it's a bit cheaper and I can do without the jewellery...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/eve-character-and-hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/summer-character-and-hair

Now if only the wishlist got fixed... I do use the RSS to keep track of the sale, but it won't let me delete from said wishlist the items I already bought =)