Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.61! (Release Candidate 2)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It's like an IP address, the periods are separators, not decimal points.

I see, thanks. I was taught to use a more "decimal-like" numbering system, but it was in the 90s and in Russia. So I guess it's obsolete.

No, of all the programs I've used, this is the only company that does this, confuses everybody. So we tend to go by what is in the Product Library is the latest edition. We've tried explaining it to them but hay, it's their way so ...

This is pretty standard -- ever use Java or Firefox?

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Does anyone know how to create a custom action? I want to create one for the Iray Optimized Genesis 2 Male MAT but contextual menu doesn't offer that choice.

Thanks in advance.

jag11 said:

Does anyone know how to create a custom action? I want to create one for the Iray Optimized Genesis 2 Male MAT but contextual menu doesn't offer that choice.

Thanks in advance.

In the Content Library pane or in Smart Content?

Both, please.

I have that option in the context menu in the Content Library pane, but not in Smart Content.  I've never done it from Smart Content, so I don't know if it's always been like that.

Thanks

• jag11 said:

Thanks in advance.

Select the item you want and right-click.

Custom Action.jpg
    234 x 328 - 26K
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

you can categorise pose presets etc

they are all there but no link/thumbnail to click on

• masterjinnmasterjinn Posts: 50
    edited January 2016

Holy cow. Can't you guys make this easy? I see these long lines of instructions, and I just want to uninstall the whole thing!

Post edited by masterjinn on

Holy cow. Can't you guys make this easy? I see these long lines of instructions, and I just want to uninstall the whole thing!

What long line of instructions?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Not sure ifI'm te only one hving this problem, but when restoring the content of the database with a backup created by 4.9, even though all my self-created category folders were created, but just a fragment of them were repopulated with the content sore in there.

Fortunately, I had done a backup with 4.8 just the day before, and restored that using 4.8. So, after resetting the database, it then restored all my categories properly.

By the way, restoring the database helps solving the "can't categorize" problem.

• When will you fix your buggy IK???? So far, all I see in this upgrade is to make it easier for me to spend my money. It's very frustrating to make a small movement of a limb only to see the rest of the character moved too and have to re do it again.

• When will you fix your buggy IK???? So far, all I see in this upgrade is to make it easier for me to spend my money. It's very frustrating to make a small movement of a limb only to see the rest of the character moved too and have to re do it again.

Please give an example.

• GET REAL! Just pin the translate and rotation of the feet after posing your character, then grab the hands with the mouse and move them. In most cases the feet will move despite pinning them. In any other 3d software, ik works as it should. In the examples below, I grabbed the right hand and translated it straight forward. The entire upper body follows before the arm straightens out. Right foot also moved up a little. If you tell me I have to pin the shoulders too then this IK doesn't work as it should. With the same setup in Blender, the upper body doesn't move until the arm is straight and the feet stay put until the leg has straightened out fully.

• Also, why is the head tilting forward and the left hand moving forward as well?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

GET REAL! Just pin the translate and rotation of the feet after posing your character, then grab the hands with the mouse and move them. In most cases the feet will move despite pinning them. In any other 3d software, ik works as it should. In the examples below, I grabbed the right hand and translated it straight forward. The entire upper body follows before the arm straightens out. Right foot also moved up a little. If you tell me I have to pin the shoulders too then this IK doesn't work as it should. With the same setup in Blender, the upper body doesn't move until the arm is straight and the feet stay put until the leg has straightened out fully.

That is not a small movement. 

• Maybe I am alone (or a minoity) on this but since I use both Mac and Windows version 4.9.0.61 (Release Candidate 2) > the MAC version is not a Release Candiate. The Transform tools are all broken/selection is broken > it makes this build practically unusable. 

This should have been addressed more quickly because if you want feedback on the Mac side it's gotta work.

Anyone else unable to use the tools? Even the others like "Surface selection" tools do not work.

• Also, why is the head tilting forward and the left hand moving forward as well?

GET REAL! Just pin the translate and rotation of the feet after posing your character, then grab the hands with the mouse and move them. In most cases the feet will move despite pinning them. In any other 3d software, ik works as it should. In the examples below, I grabbed the right hand and translated it straight forward. The entire upper body follows before the arm straightens out. Right foot also moved up a little. If you tell me I have to pin the shoulders too then this IK doesn't work as it should. With the same setup in Blender, the upper body doesn't move until the arm is straight and the feet stay put until the leg has straightened out fully.

What do you mean? The only thing that should move is the hand until the arm straightens out fully. even still the head and left arm started moving as soon as the right hand begain translating. So large move or small move. IT'S BROKEN! In this pose, the foot didn't move until I got to a certain point but again the leg should have straightened out fully before the pinned foot popped into the position on the second pic and yes i did say pop because there was nothing smooth about it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Also, why is the head tilting forward and the left hand moving forward as well?

What do you mean? The only thing that should move is the hand until the arm straightens out fully. even still the head and left arm started moving as soon as the right hand begain translating. So large move or small move. IT'S BROKEN! In this pose, the foot didn't move until I got to a certain point but again the leg should have straightened out fully before the pinned foot popped into the position on the second pic and yes i did say pop because there was nothing smooth about it.

+1

It's been broken a while and Daz seem to be happy with it. So not really a 4.9 issue.

• I installed some Windows 10 updates the other day and now on launching the beta I get the following error:

---------------------------
    Configuration Error
    Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.
    OK   

I have not installed anything using Daz Connect so I'm not sure why it is telling me about this.

• Yah! I know it's been broken for a long time. I'm just pissed they didn't fix it in this update. If their broken IK was costing them money they'd fix it in a heartbeat. I just get so bent out of shape because they have no problem pumping out newer and better figures to keep us poring that money in but then again, if their fbx export worked and I could bring the character over to Blender with all the weight maps, rigging and materials, and I wouldn't be so concerned either. OH! is that broken too?...

I installed some Windows 10 updates the other day and now on launching the beta I get the following error:

Configuration Error
    Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.
    OK   

I have not installed anything using Daz Connect so I'm not sure why it is telling me about this.

I would expect that it's just a warning.  After you hit okay, do you have any trouble using your content?

• No issues I've noticed so far, but it looks like it pops up every time I launch DAZ Studio 4.9.

If you log into Daz Connect once (it will take a few minutes to update the metadata if you never have before) does the message still show up the next time you launch DS?

• barbult said:
    JDStrider said:

DS 4.9.0.61 - Has anyone else seen this issue?

Create new metadata for a product, the [Product_Name].dsa and [Product_Name].dsx files are properly created in the runtime/support folder as expected, however the Smart Content tab will not recognize or display the image with the same name. [Product_Name].png also found in the runtime/support folder...

I have followed the same process for creating metadata in all versions of DS that have supported the feature and this is the first build that I have seen this problem in.

I tracked down a solution that involves directly editing the product.thumbnail_path field in the CMS DB via pgAdmin III, the field is simply not populated after creating the new metadata. I doubt that many users would now how to accomplish that and I doubt that DAZ really wants us directly editing the table contents...

Has there been some change that requires a different process or procedure to accomplished this task?

I tried to reproduce your problem. I THINK I have the same problem, but it is hard for me to tell, because my database for 4.9.0.61 is so messed up, it won't save or recognize categories or metadata that I create in 4.9.

I was able to create a product and it showed up in the list of products with just the framed triangle exclamation mark icon. I loaded one of the props from the product and rendered a 91 by 91 icon png with the same name as the product I created. I put it in Runtime/Support with the product dsa and dsx files. My product icon will not get displayed, even if I refresh or close and reopen DS 4.9.0.61. This sounds just like what you described.

Well I found a "work Around" for my issue that is slightly less work than editing the database directly. Once I have completed the process of creating the meta data and I know that image is in the runtime/support folder with the correct file name, I can re-import the meta data that I just created and the entry is added to the database for me. Not really any less effort, but at least I don't have to open another program to get the problem solved. Still a few qwirks in this RC..., but overall I think it is getting closer, at least in Windows, I am sorry for the MAC users based on the posts I have today.

• If you log into Daz Connect once (it will take a few minutes to update the metadata if you never have before) does the message still show up the next time you launch DS?

Yes, I keep getting that 'Configuration of system has changed' message every time I startup DS 4.9. after I boot up my PC. Even after I have logged on to the DAZ server previously, it still comes up the next time I start 4.9. Is this a bug or normal for DAZ Connect? Which ever, it is annoying.     BTW, I am on Win7 64bit.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If you log into Daz Connect once (it will take a few minutes to update the metadata if you never have before) does the message still show up the next time you launch DS?

Yes, I keep getting that 'Configuration of system has changed' message every time I startup DS 4.9. after I boot up my PC. Even after I have logged on to the DAZ server previously, it still comes up the next time I start 4.9. Is this a bug or normal for DAZ Connect? Which ever, it is annoying.     BTW, I am on Win7 64bit.

Bug...and this is still beta software, so bugs are to be expected.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Try running it as administrator.

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited January 2016

Help!

Can anyone assist?

I have had a total (non-recoverable) date loss of both my DS 4.8 and DS 4.9 Instalations.  DS 4.8 is not problem but having reinstalled Install Manager it still thinks I have DS 4.9 so it doesn't show in available downloads.

Any Ideas?

Post edited by LeggyBlond on
  • If it shows up on the Installed tab, uninstall it. It should then show up as an available download.