Nigel for Genesis-M5....

2»

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited September 2012

Gedd said:
    ... Santo and Ryuu will be addons for their original products (so if you don't have 'em, get them today

Ok, not sure about what this means. If we purchase Santo/Ryuu for Gen/M4 and want to just use the Genesis version we still need to have/install the M4 version?

Those versions have both the M4 and Genesis installers. You don't need to install the M4 versions if you don't want to; however there is an issue with Ryuu where the genesis material presets are calling the M4 files. There's a update for that (nudges FW again ;) ) that fixes it and also adds DS 4.5 compatibility and has better HSS settings. Santo will be getting a similar update. These updated installers will be needed for the M5 addons, as they will have new M5 morphs and textures for the M5 gens.

Edit: Santo has a Genesis only version, so you don't need to install the M4 version.... But the genesis files and the bundle will be updated for Genesis to set up the materials for the addon.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited September 2012

Thank you, hopefully a forum post when the update gets posted so I can reset dl.

Btw, I really like how you have multiple characters in one at a good price (and excellent quality from the promos.) I wasn't planning on buying any characters but couldn't pass them up. I ended up buying 4 and will probably go back and get Nigel bfr the sale ends. :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I'm having problems with Nigel for M5 product. I think maybe part of the product was left out of the installers. I installed the DS 4.5 PC version (14966_NigelForM5DS45Pt1_1.0_trx.exe and 14966_NigelForM5DS45Pt2_1.0_trx.exe).

When I try to apply either body texture (00 Default Body Bald.duf or 00 Default Body Hair.duf), it cannot find textures for Displacement, Spec, or SSS. If I look at the path specified, there are only two directories (1. Color and 2. Bump). There is no folder 3, 4 ,or 5 for the other textures.

There also seem to be no textures at all for the eyelashes. If I start with a plain Genesis, and apply the Nigel materials, I get solid lash arcs. If I start with M5, I get some eyelash maps left over from the default M5 Phillip texture; they are not replaced with Nigel maps.

Does anyone else see these same errors?

Edit: Aha! I searched my hard drive and found some additional folders in the wrong place. This product evidently installed a second runtime folder under the real runtime folder. As in: ...\My Library\Runtime\Runtime\Textures\JSGraphics\Nigel M5. Perhaps if I move those to the real runtime where the program looks, it will solve these issues. I will try tomorrow when I have time.

Just a follow up...
    Yes, moving the files to the correct folder resolved the error messages and the eye lashes problem. I still puzzle over the strange metadata organization, though.
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

He is fantastic!

I would love to know, which of the charakter morphs is that in this picture?

http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/350x455/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/n/i/nigelmainpromo.jpg

Thank you!

edited September 2012

Juju said:
    He is fantastic!

I would love to know, which of the charakter morphs is that in this picture?

http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/350x455/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/n/i/nigelmainpromo.jpg

Thank you!

That's the Nigel Model morph.

And this is the older morph, Edmund:

Edit: PS.... My Avatar is the Chandler morph... since some of you have been staring at him for at least a month.

Nigel_M5_-_Edmund_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 740K
    edited December 1969

Have two more renders pre-promo renders:

Chandler and Miles:

Nigel_M5_-_miles_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 919K
    NigelM5_ChandlerFinal.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 920K
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much!!!

Edit: PS…. My Avatar is the Chandler morph… since some of you have been staring at him for at least a month.

Yes!!! I remember I have seen Chandler on DeviantArt! He is so handsome!:red:
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

Great looking guys...can't wait til the mat presets get fixed for the DS 4.5 version...Bald Hairy, Armpit Hair, etc.

edited December 1969

So enchanting! If I may say this ;o)

I love the whole bundle, the morphs and the textures!

Kevin002.png
    776 x 862 - 816K
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Could someone please do me a favour and post a render of Nigel using the hairy body option, as well as Man Fuzz? I wanna see how well the two co-operate with each other. :3

edited December 1969

@Juju: Nice, I like the way the dynamic pants fits.

Took a bit to respond to the thread, I had to make icons and mats for the armpit hair and sent it off to be tested (Don't complain about the icons... it's close but icons definitely aren't my thing). Didn't know about the hair until I saw the promos. ;) Hopefully the update to the product will go out either today or tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Ok, if you haven't checked, the updated files for Nigel should be available for download.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited September 2012

Thanks.
    A word of caution: The 1.0 Nigel uninstaller removed parts of the Genesis base figure from my files...I had to reinstall Genesis for it to work properly again.

Post edited by alken on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Do you have reset the downloads to get the update?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    ... Santo and Ryuu will be addons for their original products (so if you don't have 'em, get them today

Ok, not sure about what this means. If we purchase Santo/Ryuu for Gen/M4 and want to just use the Genesis version we still need to have/install the M4 version?

Those versions have both the M4 and Genesis installers. You don't need to install the M4 versions if you don't want to; however there is an issue with Ryuu where the genesis material presets are calling the M4 files. There's a update for that (nudges FW again ;) ) that fixes it and also adds DS 4.5 compatibility and has better HSS settings. Santo will be getting a similar update. These updated installers will be needed for the M5 addons, as they will have new M5 morphs and textures for the M5 gens.

Edit: Santo has a Genesis only version, so you don't need to install the M4 version.... But the genesis files and the bundle will be updated for Genesis to set up the materials for the addon.

Is the Ryuu update available now, or is this an upcoming fix? Just wanted to mention that I have both Ryuu and Santo, and they are both excellent. Definitely lots of bang for the buck; I love the multiple heads & bodies.

edited September 2012

They're upcoming updates; I'll let you know when you can reset your downloads to get 4.5 update. Ryuu should be the next thing to be updated... The M5 addon has to go through the dreaded promo making\acceptance thing. ;)

edited December 1969

This day went quick!

I'm almost done with the Ashley update (after struggling making decent icons) and since I have Nigel updated, it wouldn't be right not to update his counterpart, Abigail. It's nothing major (since female morphs aren't my strength) but i upgraded her from the genesis female to V5 as a free bonus for the update for DS 4.5. I slightly tweaked her morph as well and uses a custom shape based on the V5 supermodel.

I'll probably have to make a different main promo for her, since the focus was on the V4, which to be honest, the genesis version was the way stronger morph and was the reason for the product (and why she was accepted). I think the V5 version pretty much blows the V4 morph in the dust, so I probably need to relegate V4 out of the promos.

I'm trying to have this stuff ready for checking Monday, but I'm heading out tonight, so there's no guarantee on how I feel tomorrow ;).

Anyway, here's the new Abigail V5 with Nigel..

Abigail_and_Nigel_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 996K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Handsome couple. Have a great time sir.! :coolgrin:

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

This day went quick!

I'm almost done with the Ashley update (after struggling making decent icons) and since I have Nigel updated, it wouldn't be right not to update his counterpart, Abigail. It's nothing major (since female morphs aren't my strength) but i upgraded her from the genesis female to V5 as a free bonus for the update for DS 4.5. I slightly tweaked her morph as well and uses a custom shape based on the V5 supermodel.

I'll probably have to make a different main promo for her, since the focus was on the V4, which to be honest, the genesis version was the way stronger morph and was the reason for the product (and why she was accepted). I think the V5 version pretty much blows the V4 morph in the dust, so I probably need to relegate V4 out of the promos.

I'm trying to have this stuff ready for checking Monday, but I'm heading out tonight, so there's no guarantee on how I feel tomorrow ;).

Anyway, here's the new Abigail V5 with Nigel..

I noticed that Nigel and Abigail went back on sale at 50% off today as part of the Forbidden Whispers sale, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought her. I have to admit, now that I actually went through and looked at all the images, I like Abigail a lot more. I understand why DAZ used the promo they did -- that's easily the most dramatic and striking of the promo images, but (in my own opinion) it doesn't necessarily show her to her best advantage. I'm not sure how much I'm going to use her, but I can figure something out, I'm sure.

(Though I will admit that my One Trooo Luuuuv of your female characters is Leena.)

edited October 2012

vwrangler said:

I noticed that Nigel and Abigail went back on sale at 50% off today as part of the Forbidden Whispers sale, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought her. I have to admit, now that I actually went through and looked at all the images, I like Abigail a lot more. I understand why DAZ used the promo they did -- that's easily the most dramatic and striking of the promo images, but (in my own opinion) it doesn't necessarily show her to her best advantage. I'm not sure how much I'm going to use her, but I can figure something out, I'm sure.

Well I'm glad you got Abigail. I think she has a more spunky look with the regular genesis female shape, but the new V5 one is a lot better. If you haven't checked out the other thread on our 4.5 updates, she passed QA so she should be close to ready to download later this week. Also a few hours left on getting Nigel or anything else for our store with the sale discount.

(Though I will admit that my One Trooo Luuuuv of your female characters is Leena.)

I like Leena a lot as well, if i wasn't so keen about fighting to get her V5 counterpart in the store I would have updated her by now. :( However, (cross your fingers), you may see what she looks like now if her updated boyfriend makes it into the store.

... and if you thought Nigel had problems keeping top billing with those new guys, you should see what this guy had fend off... ;)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

I like Leena a lot as well, if i wasn't so keen about fighting to get her V5 counterpart in the store I would have updated her by now. :( However, (cross your fingers), you may see what she looks like now if her updated boyfriend makes it into the store.

... and if you thought Nigel had problems keeping top billing with those new guys, you should see what this guy had fend off... ;)

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with him if you get him into the store. I've been using Christopher and Tony a fair amount lately, and even Axel himself -- along with Leena -- snuck into something I did lately (although so far into the background that you can't really tell).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

alken said:
    Thanks.
    A word of caution: The 1.0 Nigel uninstaller removed parts of the Genesis base figure from my files...I had to reinstall Genesis for it to work properly again.

I just got around to updating Nigel to 1.1. I had this same problem. Thanks to having read you message a few weeks ago, I wasn't surprised, and I reinstalled Genesis Starter Essentials to recover.