Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.61! (Release Candidate 2)

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

The problem is I haven't been able to recreate it. I might have an idea, but I am still looking. 

It appears you got caught by an early bug before the tables were corrected, and therefore have bad data which is messing things up, so that is the direction I am now looking. I'll have to get back to you on if that is it and how to fix it. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,127

The problem is I haven't been able to recreate it. I might have an idea, but I am still looking. 

It appears you got caught by an early bug before the tables were corrected, and therefore have bad data which is messing things up, so that is the direction I am now looking. I'll have to get back to you on if that is it and how to fix it. 

Thanks, I hope you can track it down.

Ruphuss said:

tried both cms

cannot categorise how i can in 4.8

material saves

pose saves etc

does not work

non dim files the same

I believe it is the same problem. Please also file a support ticket. 

barbult said:

Please file a support ticket. We, almost, have a script that should clean it up for you. We do not expect it to be a widespread problem, so it will be dealt with on a case by case basis. :) 

barbult said:

barbult said:

Please file a support ticket. We, almost, have a script that should clean it up for you. We do not expect it to be a widespread problem, so it will be dealt with on a case by case basis. :) 

I have submitted my help request:

#208705 DS 4.9.0.61 will not let me edit metadata on my saved presets

• I have been experiencing some difficulty with spot rendering. The background rendering process occassionally continues after spot renders are manually canceled. Although it does not happen every time, the issue occurrs frequent enough that I am able to repeat the problem (approximately every 1-out-of-5 to 1-out-of-10 times). When this happens build 4.9.0.61 does not freeze up, and I am able to save my work, but the process continues even after closing Daz. After closing the program the rendering process is visible in the task manager, and MSI Afterburn shows video card usage (Titan X x2) still at full tilt until the process is force quit. 

This only occurs using the Spot Render Tool, and have experienced no issues with regular renders. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited January 2016

Holy crap, but you guys are moving FAST! We're this close to version five! Congrats on the progression to the next version, I may grumble negatively about the changes, but that's mostly that idiotic emotion called fear!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • That is assuming we don't get 4.10, 4.11...

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

That is assuming we don't get 4.10, 4.11...

Well, of course we'll be getting 4.10-90, it is that the beta is moving faster than 4.8's beta...At least it seems that way for me! ;^)

• dramenondramenon Posts: 52
    edited January 2016

The navigation tools in 4.9.0.61 on the Mac builds are broken, they all just "orbit" the camera. 

Workaround is to use the Window > Pane/Tab "View"

But the Window > Pane/Tab "View" has really bad sticky behavior, on the Mouse Up event. It does not release the camera for a good second causing you to consistently keep moving the camera after you assume it is off that tool.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 11.39.05 PM.png
    570 x 402 - 73K
    Post edited by dramenon on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,978
    edited January 2016

I know that this is still beta but this build is a load of junk.. I have never had so many 3Delight render errors pop up so often that it is getting infuriating and interrupting my workflow.. Such as after waiting for it to optimize images it would then go screw you and pop up a render error.. Then I would have to exit Studio wait for it to remove itself from the Processes List which can take some time..  I then start it up again load the file and try to render only to have it crash again with the same render error.. Have gone back to 4.8 hopefully have better luck with that version..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • ghosty12 said:

I know that this is still beta but this build is a load of junk.. I have never had so many 3Delight render errors pop up so often that it is getting infuriating and interrupting my workflow.. Such as after waiting for it to optimize images it would then go screw you and pop up a render error.. Then I would have to exit Studio wait for it to remove itself from the Processes List which can take some time..  I then start it up again load the file and try to render only to have it crash again with the same render error.. Have gone back to 4.8 hopefully have better luck with that version..

Have you tried a different scene?

ghosty12 said:

For me can be any scene that throws up this error and have no idea what is causing it, it can be so random one minute it will render the next it will crash and say nothing as to what caused it..  Just that after every time it throws up that error it has to reoptimize the scene..  And even after that there is no guarantee that it will render, so I have no idea eitherway went back to 4.8 and so far no hassles..

• dramenon said:

The navigation tools in 4.9.0.61 on the Mac builds are broken, they all just "orbit" the camera. 

But the Window > Pane/Tab "View" has really bad sticky behavior, on the Mouse Up event. It does not release the camera for a good second causing you to consistently keep moving the camera after you assume it is off that tool.

Could you please explain a little more in detail, i.e. steps to try and replicate. Thanks.

dramenon said:

I am going to need a ticket on this one, please. Please include specs on your Mac, and what OS you are running. 

Thanks. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I'm not sure how to nail down this bug, but I'm finding in latest release some of my MDLs aren't functioning properly (in Iray).

Specifically, I'm using perlin noise bricks, and the scale of the result is now wildly different before. I've had to go from tiling around .1 or .2, to 5+ (so, 1/50th scale or something)

Notably, perlin bump noise bricks don't have the same result.

I don't know if this is a bug specifically with perlin noise brick or some broader issue.

edited January 2016

Pose filtering in DS 4.9.0.61 does not work the way it did in DS 4.8.0.59. This seems like a bug to me.

In DS 4.8.0.59 I can select a specific model, like Eva 7, in the Posing pane and only poses for Eva 7  will be displayed.

In DS 4.9.0.61, when I select a specific model, like Eva 7, in the Posing pane, I still see all poses for Genesis 3 Female. The filter seems to do nothing.

DS 4.8 pose filtering.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    DS 4.9.0.61 pose filtering.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ghosty12 said:
    ghosty12 said:

For me can be any scene that throws up this error and have no idea what is causing it, it can be so random one minute it will render the next it will crash and say nothing as to what caused it..  Just that after every time it throws up that error it has to reoptimize the scene..  And even after that there is no guarantee that it will render, so I have no idea eitherway went back to 4.8 and so far no hassles..

What is the render error it is throwing? I assume it's not a missing shader - if this is your first beta then shaders installed before the beta will generally need to be reinstalled as they place files in the application folder, and the beta's application folder wasn't there when they were initially installed (this is also true of some scripts and of plug-ins, though not all of those support beta versions of DS).

edited January 2016
    ghosty12 said:
    ghosty12 said:

What is the render error it is throwing? I assume it's not a missing shader - if this is your first beta then shaders installed before the beta will generally need to be reinstalled as they place files in the application folder, and the beta's application folder wasn't there when they were initially installed (this is also true of some scripts and of plug-ins, though not all of those support beta versions of DS).

All I get is a little retangular window with the words Error During Rendering popup and that is it nothing about what caused it and it would render that scene without issue before hand or even after..  This is the issue it is so random and no idea what is doing it..

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Sooo it's not 4.9 but more like 4.09? Or are my ideas about build/version numbering all off.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Sooo it's not 4.9 but more like 4.09? Or are my ideas about build/version numbering all off.

It's like an IP address, the periods are separators, not decimal points.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

I see, thanks. I was taught to use a more "decimal-like" numbering system, but it was in the 90s and in Russia. So I guess it's obsolete.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Every time we get an update the version numbering is questioned...and it's like this.: As long as the devs can understand whatever numbering system they use, it doesn't really matter.  It's when they are as confused as the rest of us that we need to start worrying.

• The quality of this latest build seems to be on par with some of the other public Builds, and fairly stable for me.

The big issue I see is the quality between Windows Daz Studio and Mac Daz Studio. Bugs that are present on the Mac would never last long on Windows (I think) because users would revolvt. And it seems features like "Smart Content" on  Windows show more content than "Smart Content" on Mac. The Mac is missing quite a bit older content. The Install Manger must begoing away with this Smart Conent behavior (yeah!) because the Install Mangaer has has had a Mac launch bug forever.

The Daz Studio product is one of the most marvelous pieces of technologes that I use for work and play.  But I belive the team is likely undertsaffed (areen't we all) and the Mac gets a lot less testing.

edited January 2016

I think I might have an idea of what is causing my issue "maybe"..  And that is every time I have a Error During Rendering popup was when using AoA's Advanced Spotlights and Advanced Ambient Lights, but again I am "not" 100% sure, but it seems when I use the lights that come with Studio I seem to not have this issue..  So have no idea what is happening but it is annoying to not really know what is going on.. :(

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

can you change aoa lights into photometrics or are they useless in iray ?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

AoA light are VERY 3Delight specific.

• DS 4.9.0.61 - Has anyone else seen this issue?

Create new metadata for a product, the [Product_Name].dsa and [Product_Name].dsx files are properly created in the runtime/support folder as expected, however the Smart Content tab will not recognize or display the image with the same name. [Product_Name].png also found in the runtime/support folder...

I have followed the same process for creating metadata in all versions of DS that have supported the feature and this is the first build that I have seen this problem in.

I tracked down a solution that involves directly editing the product.thumbnail_path field in the CMS DB via pgAdmin III, the field is simply not populated after creating the new metadata. I doubt that many users would now how to accomplish that and I doubt that DAZ really wants us directly editing the table contents...

Has there been some change that requires a different process or procedure to accomplished this task?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

I see, thanks. I was taught to use a more "decimal-like" numbering system, but it was in the 90s and in Russia. So I guess it's obsolete.

No, of all the programs I've used, this is the only company that does this, confuses everybody. So we tend to go by what is in the Product Library is the latest edition. We've tried explaining it to them but hay, it's their way so ...

JDStrider said:

DS 4.9.0.61 - Has anyone else seen this issue?

Create new metadata for a product, the [Product_Name].dsa and [Product_Name].dsx files are properly created in the runtime/support folder as expected, however the Smart Content tab will not recognize or display the image with the same name. [Product_Name].png also found in the runtime/support folder...

I have followed the same process for creating metadata in all versions of DS that have supported the feature and this is the first build that I have seen this problem in.

I tracked down a solution that involves directly editing the product.thumbnail_path field in the CMS DB via pgAdmin III, the field is simply not populated after creating the new metadata. I doubt that many users would now how to accomplish that and I doubt that DAZ really wants us directly editing the table contents...

Has there been some change that requires a different process or procedure to accomplished this task?

I tried to reproduce your problem. I THINK I have the same problem, but it is hard for me to tell, because my database for 4.9.0.61 is so messed up, it won't save or recognize categories or metadata that I create in 4.9.

I was able to create a product and it showed up in the list of products with just the framed triangle exclamation mark icon. I loaded one of the props from the product and rendered a 91 by 91 icon png with the same name as the product I created. I put it in Runtime/Support with the product dsa and dsx files. My product icon will not get displayed, even if I refresh or close and reopen DS 4.9.0.61. This sounds just like what you described.