GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well, I was weighing out my decision to install 4.5Pro based on what I have been experiencing with 4.0, so in a way this has been relevant.

When you mentioned the same operational issues exist with 4.5, to me it says there has been no real improvement to make it any more efficient and stable in 32 bit than it's predecessors. Therefore this validates my position that, in my case, there would be no advantage to upgrading.

No, just that the problems inherent in working under 32-bits with 2GB of RAM will be about the same. There are many bug fixes in 4.5, but it's still going to be limited if you run it under those conditions.

...exactly my point. 4.5 (and even 4.0) should only have been released as a 64 bit application. The limitations in 32 bit are just too severe for supporting the level of performance demanded today.

That comes across a bit selfish, you have problems so no one else should be allowed the advantages of the advancments?
    I ran on 32 bit up until a couple of weeks ago, I dealt with the limitations and did fine.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

If you have the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and Genesis Evolution Expressions from their initial release and you never updated them, and you still have the original installers, install them again with the uninstaller option selected, then uninstall them. Other content doesn't need to be uninstalled, you can jut install the updated version and it will overwrite.

You don't need to uninstall everything else.

Thanks for responding. I got them in a bundle I think. But not until the end of February and no Expressions (in a separate file anyway) so I don't think I have the originals. I'll install and uninstall anyway. Thanks.

Do you remember the last date all the Genesis stuff was updated? Or, maybe more simply, the last date I should reset stuff? And when did Genesis first appear? If I just reset between those dates I should be okay and could reset older files at my leisure since I'm not using CMS for stuff other than Genesis or DS4 specific.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Where is this new download??

Just go to the DAZ Studio 4.5 store and go to Software DAZ Studio. The update they are talking about is the update from RC3 (4.5.0.90) to Release (4.5.0.114).

Here is the link:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

Also, I don't own many plugins but the MimicLive Plugin has to be downloaded and upgraded seperately.

Also, the FaceShop EZ 7.02 plugin has to be upgraded by that company. I've sent an email to them already. Other might do the same to let them know we use their product.

Bobvan,

For WIN the fix is available for the last 4-5 weeks.
    To get new plugins visit http://abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well, I was weighing out my decision to install 4.5Pro based on what I have been experiencing with 4.0, so in a way this has been relevant.

When you mentioned the same operational issues exist with 4.5, to me it says there has been no real improvement to make it any more efficient and stable in 32 bit than it's predecessors. Therefore this validates my position that, in my case, there would be no advantage to upgrading.

No, just that the problems inherent in working under 32-bits with 2GB of RAM will be about the same. There are many bug fixes in 4.5, but it's still going to be limited if you run it under those conditions.

...exactly my point. 4.5 (and even 4.0) should only have been released as a 64 bit application. The limitations in 32 bit are just too severe for supporting the level of performance demanded today.

I also have to use a 32bit system and have 4.5 installed. I haven't had any problems running it on my system (amd athlon x2 dual core cpu 6000+, 3.01 ghz with a geForce 8400 GS graphics card). I've been using this system since Studio 2.0 without trouble. The only issue I really have is that dumb tdlmake.exe file when you load textures. If I try and do anything while that's running everything lags something awful but if I give it time to do whatever it is that it does everything goes back to normal.... For larger scenes, I piece things together in different files and then merge them when I'm ready for the final details and rendering to help prevent further lag or memory issues.

I also have my runtimes on a different drive too, by the way. The program is installed to my main drive and the runtimes are on a 1tb external usb drive. I've also done it this way since Studio 3something without problems :) I use my own custom tree setup and don't use the CMS though.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    edited December 1969

If you have the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and Genesis Evolution Expressions from their initial release and you never updated them, and you still have the original installers, install them again with the uninstaller option selected, then uninstall them. Other content doesn't need to be uninstalled, you can jut install the updated version and it will overwrite.

This is what I did, and everything seems to be working OK. I thought, from what I'd read, that it would be a big mess and I'd have to reinstall all kinds of things. Fortunately, that hasn't happened.

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I also have to use a 32bit system and have 4.5 installed. I haven't had any problems running it on my system (amd athlon x2 dual core cpu 6000+, 3.01 ghz with a geForce 8400 GS graphics card). I've been using this system since Studio 2.0 without trouble. The only issue I really have is that dumb tdlmake.exe file when you load textures. If I try and do anything while that's running everything lags something awful but if I give it time to do whatever it is that it does everything goes back to normal.... For larger scenes, I piece things together in different files and then merge them when I'm ready for the final details and rendering to help prevent further lag or memory issues.

I also have my runtimes on a different drive too, by the way. The program is installed to my main drive and the runtimes are on a 1tb external usb drive. I've also done it this way since Studio 3something without problems :) I use my own custom tree setup and don't use the CMS though.
    I just rename tdlmake.exe to xtdlmake.exe if I'm not using 3Delight, it's not needed if you use Reality/Luxrender. It throws errors at you on loading but other than that works fine (in 4.0 at least, haven't tried 4.5 yet).

Don't see why they can't put a switch in to allow running tdlmake at render time, like it always used to. Was done to make render times look faster I guess.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this was covered but it's a long thread. I'm using DS4 Pro and if I switch to 4.5 I understand I will need to upgrade my pulg-ins. Does Dynamic CLoth have an update and does it work with DS4 Pro 4.5?

THanks

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

bwise1701 said:
    Sorry if this was covered but it's a long thread. I'm using DS4 Pro and if I switch to 4.5 I understand I will need to upgrade my pulg-ins. Does Dynamic CLoth have an update and does it work with DS4 Pro 4.5?

THanks

The normal Lite version of the plugin is included in the main installer.

Yes, you will get the latest version if you reset your download for the paid for plugin.

All of the DAZ owned plugins have been updated as far as I know.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    edited December 1969

bwise1701 said:

THanks

If you're a Mac user, note that for the Paid Plugin, it indicates that there are known issues with OS 10.7, though I don't know what those are. I checked with tech support, because I'm using 10.8.1, and I wondered if there were also issues with 10.8x. I was told that if there are issues with 10.7, those issues probably have not been resolved with 10.8 either.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

Thanks for responding. I got them in a bundle I think. But not until the end of February and no Expressions (in a separate file anyway) so I don't think I have the originals. I'll install and uninstall anyway. Thanks.

Do you remember the last date all the Genesis stuff was updated? Or, maybe more simply, the last date I should reset stuff? And when did Genesis first appear? If I just reset between those dates I should be okay and could reset older files at my leisure since I'm not using CMS for stuff other than Genesis or DS4 specific.

Jay NOLA is maintaining a list of the current version numbers of Genesis products here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited September 2012

Does anyone know if Photoshop Bridge will work with Photoshop CS6, or if it will be updated to do so, if not?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I think you meant CS6.... I just figured out how to get it working.. it's there but you have to make sure you have the bridge installed to the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Photoshop (I only installed it to the 64 bit and forgot to install it to the 32 bit version so need to do that since so many plugins only work in the 32 bit version of PSCS). Then you will find your bridge under the File > Automate fly out menu. In DAZ Studio to set up for the Extended you will need to make sure the scene has the PS Bridge Camera running (I guess). You can set that up via the Edit > Customize menu. Invoke the Customize menu. Left pane, expand Bridges and you will see the Photoshop Bridge there. Right pane, the 3rd tab "Tool Bars" and expand. Expand the "Input Output" section. From the left pane drag and drop the PS Bridge to where your other bridges are. I have Hexagon, Bryce and ZBrush bridges showing. Hit Apply at the bottom of the dialog and then Accept. Your icon should be there on your Toolbar now....

Now actually using the Bridge I have no idea at this point. I need a tutorial! :P

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. I assume you have both versions of CS6 installed on the same OS - they won't allow you to install it on more than one machine, do they?

edited December 1969

Yes, I have both versions. Now something interesting that I hope that DAZ will figure out a way around. There is no way to use the PS Bridge with DS 64 bit. Now in my eyes it's a bridge so weather I'm using DAZ Studio 32 or 64 bit or PS 32 bit or 64 bit shouldn't matter in how I think of things. Say I'm using Photoshop 32 bit because I have more filters I can't use the bridge in DAZ Studio to access it. I have to have the 64 bit version of PS running in order to use the bridge. This is really a bit of a show stopper for me in using filters. :-(

edited December 1969

To be honest I doubt that DAZ will do that, they'll probably consider it a low priority issue. I also think it would be a better solution to have the filters updated to work with the 64 bit Photoshop, so you don't need to use the 32 bit version which generally is inferior to the 64 bit version.

edited December 1969

Well I've been waiting for years to have many of my fav filters upgraded to 64 bit with no joy so far. The Xero filters were an old fav of mine... Oh well!

edited December 1969

64 bit OS hasn't been that popular either until recently. Eventually everything will go 64 bit so I think there is a good chance that many filters will be updated.

edited December 1969

Yea, in touch with Flaming Pear right now. Seems their plugins DO work with CS6 64 bit. So waiting to hear back from Lloyd about downloads.

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited September 2012

I just downloaded the new 4.5 version and installed it successfully. But some items of the default Genesis content are empty. where can i download the default basic or starter content for Daz 4.5 Pro? Can you post a link?
    Also,when I double click on the visible smart content items, nothing happens no cloth load on to the figure.

Post edited by mjordy59 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You have to 'buy' DS4P from the Store for $0.0, and it is then added to your cart. The link you got it from is not much use really, and I don't know why it is still there. It is called genesis Starter Essentials, just run it and install to the My Library folder.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited September 2012

The current version still 4.5.0.114? Or has there been another update?

The main reason I'm asking is because I used a download link which downloaded it directly, and I don't think it went through my shopping cart, so I don't think it's in my purchase history.

So long as I'm asking, which plugins are going to need to be re-downloaded?

I see that my old DS4Advanced either shipped with, or I added Layered Image Editor and MorphLoader as separate items which needed to be installed individually. DS4Pro didn't. I'm assuming that those were built into Pro?

DS4Pro came with DS4_3DBridge, DS4_GoZ and Darkside. DS4.5 didn't. Are those all now built in (I have heard that Darkside is), or are they optional add-ns that we need to find and purchase separately?

Third Party plugins I know have to be updated by the developer. I've a number of those, but some of them I gather have been updated now. Such as the Dynamic clothing control and GenX. Anything else I'll just have to wait on, and since I'm not in the habit of using them yet, that can wait.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • edited September 2012

JOdel said:

I see that my old DS4Advanced either shipped with, or I added Layered Image Editor and MorphLoader as separate items which needed to be installed individually. DS4Pro didn't. I'm assuming that those were built into Pro?

DS4Pro came with DS4_3DBridge, DS4_GoZ and Darkside. DS4.5 didn't. Are those all now built in (I have heard that Darkside is), or are they optional add-ns that we need to find and purchase separately?

I reset my DS 4 Pro download some days ago (on August 31), and it came with
    - DS 4.5.0.114 (+ DS 4.0.3.47)
    - 3D Bridge 1.2 (+ 1.0)
    - Decimator 1.3
    - GoZ 1.2 (+ 1.0)
    - Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3
    Darkside is included in 4.5

GenX and its Gen.3 Addons have just been updated

edit:
    the Layered Image Editor has already been builtin in DS 4 Pro

Post edited by norbert.meier_6efa9019da on
    edited December 1969

My main concern is that since it downloaded bypassing my cart, I never got notice of a serial number. Will 4.5 accept my 4.0Pro serial number?

I don't have separate installers of any of that stuff but the program and the Genesis Starter Essentials. The version numbers are the same anyway.

• edited December 1969

Your serial numbers should be available in you account information.

edited December 1969

Well, mystery solved. I installed the direct download version and ti immediately took me to the page that says "Upgrade to Pro" and informs you of GoZ and Photoshop Bridge. From that page there's a button to "buy" the program all over again, which puts it in your cart and you can check out with it. I'm assuming I'll get the serial # in e-mail any time now. It's mildly irking that suddenly I have DS4Pro in my downloads as well (took a minute to realize that's what all those other files were. But no one says I have to redownload all those.

• NealerNealer Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

In the old itemized order history it was easy to search for the various packages to reset. but finding them in my 250 pages of 50 seems quite difficult. I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly....

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

nealstep said:
    I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly...
    It shows up in my Itemized Order History as Dynamic Clothing Control

Coldrake

DCC.jpg
    465 x 43 - 9K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

nealstep said:
    In the old itemized order history it was easy to search for the various packages to reset. but finding them in my 250 pages of 50 seems quite difficult. I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly....

If you're on Windows, http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/
    Free, downloads your history into a searchable database, reset right from the program.

• Johnny RicoJohnny Rico Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

I successfully upgraded to DAZ studio Pro 4.5, but unfortunately my genesis evolution body and head morphs are no longer visibly present in DAZ studio.

I uninstalled and re-installed these items, but the morphs still aren't showing. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Well, I finally did the install. It seems to be running anyway. But any character morph target with a 'new' label on it refuses to load, always claiming that there are missing files. The older stuff all seems to load all right, or at least the older stuff I tried. I'm assuming that I need to reinstallall of them. Some are a bit too new to really seem to need updates. but I'll first try reinstalling the copies that I've got on my backup drive, and it that doesn't do it, reset the downloads.