DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.3.50 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Greymom said:
    WandW said:

Kerya said:

I have filed a support ticket for the ankle problem in February - got "we are looking into it" two days later ... added that there is no dent with the older DSON version ... two days later "thank you" ... and that was that.
    I doubt the DSON importer will be fixed nowadays ...

Me too, and I don't think it will be fixed either...

Well, in spite of the ads claiming Poser compatability via DSON for Genesis 2, it is now almost September and no bug fix.   I have invested serious money in Genesis 2 relying on that compatability.   The new Scott 6 character is claimed to be Poser compatible via DSON.   While I am glad to see continuing support for Genesis 2, how about fixing DSON before adding more content?

Wellllll .... maybe if enough people are filing support tickets for the problem ...

if it is just me, they think "only one person in thousands is interested, it's not worth the time" ...

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    Kerya said:
    Greymom said:
    WandW said:

Kerya said:

I have filed a support ticket for the ankle problem in February - got "we are looking into it" two days later ... added that there is no dent with the older DSON version ... two days later "thank you" ... and that was that.
    I doubt the DSON importer will be fixed nowadays ...

Me too, and I don't think it will be fixed either...

Well, in spite of the ads claiming Poser compatability via DSON for Genesis 2, it is now almost September and no bug fix.   I have invested serious money in Genesis 2 relying on that compatability.   The new Scott 6 character is claimed to be Poser compatible via DSON.   While I am glad to see continuing support for Genesis 2, how about fixing DSON before adding more content?

Wellllll .... maybe if enough people are filing support tickets for the problem ...

if it is just me, they think "only one person in thousands is interested, it's not worth the time" ...

You are right.   I had an exchange with Technical Support a couple of months ago, and pointed out that the issue was being discussed in the forums.   They were "looking into it".  Nothing since then.  We are not the squeaky wheel.

Poser Users Unite!  File those support tickets!  Torches and Pitchforks! (ok, maybe not quite yet  : ).

• shanteshante Posts: 206

I am glad i made NO...ZERO.....investment in any of the Genesis/DSON products. I had a bad feeling when DAZ started going in that direction and took a Look-See attitude and saved myself a load of money. I have been a memver with DAZ since before there was a DAZ when it was still Zygote and my credit card has been held captive with their great product line. Thought he product line is still great or so it seems, I do not want to relearna dnreinvest ind D/S. . When they put D/S out and talked about what they were planning I wondered if Poser would be phased out especially with all the talk that Poser creators were not playing nice with them. Question of time before poser would get phased out. Low and behold: I am seein less and less Poser native product and more and more D/S GENESIS+ Products coming out the gate. Thinking seriously it might be time to fold my membership away and get out of town here. For my membership fee, sadly, there is less and less  made availalbw for me. I have been holding out hoping support products for Mil4 figures would go down in price for an extended period of time but it is too sporadic. when I get all the stuff i have wanted for a while me be LA!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361

So...bottom line, there hasn't been and isn't going to be any improvement, tweaks or fixes to the DSON importer?

• Daz has not said that, as far as I am aware.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    Quietrob said:

So...bottom line, there hasn't been and isn't going to be any improvement, tweaks or fixes to the DSON importer?

Where are you getting your info from? As Richard said Daz has never said that as far as we know and we read pretty much every post posted to the forums in a day.

frank0314 said:
    Quietrob said:

Where are you getting your info from? As Richard said Daz has never said that as far as we know and we read pretty much every post posted to the forums in a day.

Where have I been getting my information from?  This entire thread.  Different complaints about the importer but no update to the importer, tickets opened and then closed without satisfactory resolution or information.  For me, the previous release of the importer worked great and I had no complaints but the last slowed down my machine, loads slowly and I don't know why.  I see other problems listed here with the importer and though I'm sure you do read every post, no information has been made released mentioning the DSON importer.  Also, if you read my post again, I asked it as a question, not a statement.

Don't get me wrong, I don't just like the importer, I loved the importer when it was working properly.  The latest version seems to have slowed my machine down and as you can see, there are other issues that people are listing here.  So again, I ask, is there going to be improvements, tweaks or fixes to the DSON importer?

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464

To the best of my knowledge I am having no problems with the DSON importer for Poser.  I use PP-2014 most of the time, but resort to Poser Pro (7.0.4) for checking suspected problems with PZ3's not importing to Vue.  The issue I have is vendors (including some DAZ ORIGINALS!) not creating Poser Companion Files.   1.2.0.12 is the current and installed version of DSON, and once I put the right thing in the right place, Poser has had no problem at all with it.   1.2.0.12 is also a fairly recent release.    I understand your frustration, I too dealt with that when first trying DSON.  Truth it, DSON is really TOO simple, easy and quick to install.   I have 29 runtimes now, and I install some D|S content to most of those.  PP-2014 is seeing what it is supposed to, and use of the DSON is totally transparent, as it should be.

So, what are you putting where?

McG.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,768

Actually, Scott6 is not listed as being compatible with the DSON Importer, and it includes no Poser Companion Files...

McG. said:

To the best of my knowledge I am having no problems with the DSON importer for Poser....  I have 29 runtimes now, and I install some D|S content to most of those.  PP-2014 is seeing what it is supposed to, and use of the DSON is totally transparent, as it should be.

McG.

I'm not sure who you are referencing McG.  I would like to PM you about your multple runtimes but that's another matter.  As I said, I love the DSON importer.  For 99 percent of all things it does work.  My issue is only with the latest version.  It went from being lightning fast to a perceptible lag after the latest update.  Heck thanks to the Moderator and other knowledgeable and helpful people, I've easily made DUF files, Poser Companion Files and they work just fine in Poser.  I no longer shudder when I don't see an item has no PCF and is listed for DAZ studio only.  I know I can make my own.  DAZ Studio is pretty smart and the guys and gals that make it and support are pretty smart cookies.  Still, they are making improvements in DS all the time and I hope they extend this to the DSON importer as well.  If Richard Haseltine says he hasn't heard that they have stopped making improvements, tweaks et al, to the importer, that is good enough for me.  For ease of use I do wish ALL products that can have Poser CF should include them rather than have me make them but that's up to the vendor.

edited August 2015
    Quietrob said:
    McG. said:

To the best of my knowledge I am having no problems with the DSON importer for Poser....  I have 29 runtimes now, and I install some D|S content to most of those.  PP-2014 is seeing what it is supposed to, and use of the DSON is totally transparent, as it should be.

McG.

I'm not sure who you are referencing McG.  I would like to PM you about your multple runtimes but that's another matter.  As I said, I love the DSON importer.  For 99 percent of all things it does work.  My issue is only with the latest version.  It went from being lightning fast to a perceptible lag after the latest update.  Heck thanks to the Moderator and other knowledgeable and helpful people, I've easily made DUF files, Poser Companion Files and they work just fine in Poser.  I no longer shudder when I don't see an item has no PCF and is listed for DAZ studio only.  I know I can make my own.  DAZ Studio is pretty smart and the guys and gals that make it and support are pretty smart cookies.  Still, they are making improvements in DS all the time and I hope they extend this to the DSON importer as well.  If Richard Haseltine says he hasn't heard that they have stopped making improvements, tweaks et al, to the importer, that is good enough for me.  For ease of use I do wish ALL products that can have Poser CF should include them rather than have me make them but that's up to the vendor.

OK, Quietrob, this way you should know it's you, right?    Yes that post referenced your post.  Sorry that was not clear.    PM me about the multiple runtimes, that's fine.  Richard Haseltine and a couple other great folks were very helpful in getting things right in ANY Poser Runtime for D|S 4+.   Now about making the PCF's yourself, perhaps you could whip up a little tutorial for us how to do that?  :)

McG.

Post edited by McGrandpa on
    McG. said:
      Now about making the PCF's yourself, perhaps you could whip up a little tutorial for us how to do that?  :)

McG.

Look here...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?86072-Creating-DSON-Poser-Companion-Files

WandW said:
    McG. said:
      Now about making the PCF's yourself, perhaps you could whip up a little tutorial for us how to do that?  :)

McG.

Look here...

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?86072-Creating-DSON-Poser-Companion-Files

Thank you, WandW.  As always, you're right on time with great information.  

My trials and tribulations in creating my own PCF files are listed here.  For me, it's better because you can see the mistakes I made as well as the final success.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/838834/#Comment_838834

You'll see a quick cameo by Richard Haseltine.  Reading the tutorial above and this http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start

You should be able to create your own PCF.  I'm no DAZ wizard.  The fact that I'm in this thread and whining about my own problems should tell you that, but the best way is by doing.  The next time you want to create PCF, make a thread or PM me and I'll help you as much as I can.  I've done it for Mr. Hyde and the Star Mark Fury II.  The only real work comes is when you have to create DUF files from earlier formats.  Even that is automated. Once that's done, the tut listed above works pretty well.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    WandW said:

Actually, Scott6 is not listed as being compatible with the DSON Importer, and it includes no Poser Companion Files...

It is hidden in the fine print of the ad for Scott 6:

"Software support (Read More)

The two industry leading software products for leveraging the Daz 3D models are Daz Studio (which can be downloaded for free at http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-pro/) and POSER. Whichever of these you prefer, Genesis 2 will work just fine. Victoria 6, and any Genesis or Genesis 2 figure, will simply drop right into Daz Studio seamlessly, or can be easily imported into POSER using the Daz DSON import utility available at http://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser."

Which is pretty much the generic blurb for G2.

Thanks to you and Quietrob for all the info and links!

• Will or does the DSON importer work with Genesis3???

• Will or does the DSON importer work with Genesis3???

It doesn't, as Poser does not support the Dual Quaternions used by the Genesis 3 rigging. Whether that would change if a later version of Poser did gain Dual Quaternion rigging I don't know.

• WandW said:
    McG. said:

McG.

Look here...

Thank you WandW

• Is there any news as to whether Daz intends to make a DSON importer available for Poser Pro 11? Inquiring minds want to know.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910

Is there any news as to whether Daz intends to make a DSON importer available for Poser Pro 11? Inquiring minds want to know.

From what I read the current version works rather well already.

• I did re-install the new version - after installing PP11 and it does work, thanks. Now if I could just get the rest of the program to work...

• ADAD Posts: 396
    edited December 2015

I re-install the DSON Importer (DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.2.0.12_Win64.exe), but there is nothing about the choice of PoserPro 11 only Poser Pro 2014... And if I add the DAZ Library in PoserPro 11 and load e.g. Genesis 2 Female figure, it is shown on the workspace of PoserPro 11, but the whole PoerPro 11 Library freezes and nothing works any longer ?

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 2015
    AD said:

I re-install the DSON Importer (DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.2.0.12_Win64.exe), but there is nothing about the choice of PoserPro 11 only Poser Pro 2014... And if I add the DAZ Library in PoserPro 11 and load e.g. Genesis 2 Female figure, it is shown on the workspace of PoserPro 11, but the whole PoerPro 11 Library freezes and nothing works any longer ?

Yes, I have the same problem.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon (and not DAZ Soon!), but there is a workaround for now;

If you have the Adobe flash plugin installed in your web browser,  then the Library hangs, the Flash Library can still be accessed  by going to your Poser 11 directory/runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/LSMGUI.html while Poser 11 is running and it should open the library in your web browser.  However, this isn't a very good solution to the problem. 

A slightly better one is to use the Air library, by running \Runtime\ui\AIR\LSMGUI\LSMGUIAIR.exe (for Windows; "poser library.app" in the same location in OS X) which works quite well, except that one cannot save to the Library.  This way one can at least finish up what is currently in progress before restarting...

EDIT I shoud add that it only happens for me when loading a DSON item from the Library.  A saved scene loaded via the File dialogue loads without issue...

Post edited by WandW on
  • If the library is freezing try disabling the progress bar in Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences.

If the library is freezing try disabling the progress bar in Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences.

I had forgotten about that trick, Richard; That took care of it!  Thanx! laugh

• Sorry, I'd misunderstood the nature of the issue or I would have suggested it sooner.

• Hi,

I've just intalled Poser pro 11 and DSON importer for poser and I get a strange issue when I load any Genesis or Genesis 2 figure: the inner mouth is shifted back far away and the tong is stretched up !

Please ! Any idea on how to fix this ?

dsonImp.jpg
    960 x 540 - 108K
    chachah said:

Hi,

I've just intalled Poser pro 11 and DSON importer for poser and I get a strange issue when I load any Genesis or Genesis 2 figure: the inner mouth is shifted back far away and the tong is stretched up !

Please ! Any idea on how to fix this ?

You must have Gen X2. Fix is here... wink

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102493-Genesis-2-Poser-11-Misaligned-Mouth-Fix

• chachahchachah Posts: 27
    edited December 2015

Thanks a lot WandW. Genesis 2 figures are correctly imported in poser 11 now.

Post edited by chachah on
  • dvitola said:

I am a PoserPro 2014 user and still use Gen 4. I tried to figure out DSON and import the Epic Wings. I have yet to figure out DSON. It is so complicated that I immediately become confused. I would love to try Gen 6, but with the cost, I'm not sure I could get it to successfully run in Poser. I'm not tech savvy like a lot of you as far as all the things you are talking about. Is there an easy tutorial that will make things work in Poser? I mean EASY. I tried one I found online and threw my hands up in disgust. It just doesn't seem very intuitive for us folks who just like to play dress up dolls. Thanks.

@ WandW;  You be careful, ya might just get voted "Most Valuable Poster" !!  DAZ ought to hire you!  :D