Contest~~Because I Said So!~~December 2015

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Sasje, that's a neat composition too- I particularly like how the stairs wind up the right side, adds nice height and depth at the same time! The expression is spot on! 

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    RGcincy said:

Glad to see you used a Shape Magic prop Sasje! I used a few myself in the entry I just posted. Hopefully a few others will as well.   

you're welcome smiley

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    Novica said:

Sasje, that's a neat composition too- I particularly like how the stairs wind up the right side, adds nice height and depth at the same time! The expression is spot on! 

Thank you Novica smiley

• Hoping everyone gets the pun in 'The Surprise' :)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Hoping everyone gets the pun in 'The Surprise' :)

It took a while before I figured it out. Realized I'm using that brand myself.laugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2016

Saying: "Go For It!"

Title: Happy New Year Scale

Happy New Year scale2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 414K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

You too, nicely done! yes

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Novica said:

You too, nicely done! yes

Thank you Novica!!!

Oh, the rats are ADORABLE!  Funny story- when I was in Australia (did my student teaching in Sydney) the kids gave me a present. Too late, they told me not to open the lid (what kind of present is that, anyway?) It was a kangaroo rat and it bo-inged right out of the container and shot past my head. Yes, they HOP! Up to 9 feet!  And frankly, like all the articles state, they are really cute. (Look like hamsters with tails, or gerbils.) 

• isidorn said:

It took a while before I figured it out. Realized I'm using that brand myself.laugh

I guess I'm totally clueless because I can't figure out what 'brand' of anything you guys are even talking about!

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    isidorn said:

I guess I'm totally clueless because I can't figure out what 'brand' of anything you guys are even talking about!

same here, then I think I got, when I just looked . ..starts with the Letter "A" ?

• isidorn said:

Axe body spray

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Axe and you shall receive?

Just one week left now to get your entries in!

Which reminds me, I still haven't started on the render I originally planned to enter...

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2016
    isidorn said:

oping everyone gets the pun in 'The Surprise' :)

Axe body spray

Okay, now, I feel like a dunce.  You would think with three boys and two nephews, I would have gotten that.     

edit: took me a second try to get the smiley to show up correctly

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited January 2016

I have one entry in the conest :) I am hoping that I did everything good laugh

Post edited by MilosGulan on

I have one entry in the conest :) I am hoping that I did everything good laugh

Hi Milos, welcome to the contest!  That was a very creative way to use the Shape Magic item- clever!  You did the post correctly, with the exception of the comment about something not working correctly. Comments go in this thread so if you know how to edit a post (cog will appear in the upper right corner of your post, click to edit, then save) then that can be removed. No big deal however, either way. Happy to have you join us!

Ok thank You, I am posting comment here and I have edited my entry post. Just one question, I am not sure how that voting is done, I hoped I will figure it after I post my entry. Anyway here is the text from my entry post: I tried using Curved knife but I think it doesn't work, at least it didn't for me, it seems something is missing.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

I tried using Curved knife but I think it doesn't work, at least it didn't for me, it seems something is missing.

Hi Milos, do you recall which version you downloaded: .smg, .duf, or .obp and what rendering program were you using? The first is for Shape Magic, the second Daz Studio, the third for Bryce.

Novica said:

That was a very creative way to use the Shape Magic item- clever!  

I agree, I hadn't thought of using the interior like that but it opens up lots of possibilities 

I used .duf version in DS 4.8 it seems that some paths are not good at least my DS says that but I was thinking that maybe there should be a geometry file as it seems to be missing (.obj) though I am not sure about that.

Just one question, I am not sure how that voting is done, I hoped I will figure it after I post my entry.

just follow the link Novica will post and voting is really easy. Choosing which entries to vote for, on the other hand, now that is the hard part.wink

• I just busted out laughing at the last two entries!  Very funny.  You guys crack me up.  First, the bull in the China shop and then the bots in bikinis. Really great renders!!

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks Knittingmommy

Bots in Bikinis might be the next blockbuster released in time for the easter break

• Gopherus said:

Thanks Knittingmommy

Bots in Bikinis might be the next blockbuster released in time for the easter break

laugh One never knows!

These really are delightful! Those lil bots get around, don't they? (And remember, these are the ones DAZ wasn't sure about publishing. They are absolutely priceless!) The bull isn't "adorable", he has the commanding presence that one would expect from such an animal. Well done!

Reminder: all entries must be posted in the entry thread before midnight, DAZ time, today (January 15th) The deadline is strictly enforced. Good luck everyone! I'll set up voting shortly afterward.

The inspiration for my last entry was that DAZ was reluctant to accept the Mini Bots but keeps releasing an endless stream of bikinis. And what's one of the new releases in the store today? A BIKINI! For G2F no less. Surely she must have enough bikinis by now?

isidorn said:

The inspiration for my last entry was that DAZ was reluctant to accept the Mini Bots but keeps releasing an endless stream of bikinis. And what's one of the new releases in the store today? A BIKINI! For G2F no less. Surely she must have enough bikinis by now?

Apparently she's a wear-it-once-then-buy-a-new-one type of gal. 

edited January 2016

So far, there are four Shape Magic entries.  The voting will start after DAZ Midnight tonight, there are two sections, one is for the regular gift certificates, then there is a second section (it's a dropdown menu) to select the Shape Magic winner. You will only vote for one render in that section.

To make that easier for you, here are the four Shape Magic entries SO FAR. The deadline is now about four hours away, there's still time to enter in both sections of the contest. Let me know if I've missed anyone for this Shape Magic section. Please give these a look over so you'll know your favorite before you go to vote. If there are more Shape Magic entries, I will be sure and point them out and add them here!

The Collection (Hourglass)

Rats (Lamp Kit)

Portal Travelling (Exotic Columns Used As Frame)   

All Sales Final!  (Lamp Kit)

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Actually, you can take mine out of the Shape Magic section as I was just showing how it can be used. It is an entry in the main contest though.