Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I just spotted that Predatron's store is on sale...so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there. I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist! So I clicked again to show everything...still nothing. All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone! They were there last week. :down:

Oh, well...kind of broke anyway.

Dana

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I'm glad to see Mairy Dream3d sale. and that there was some poser hair products
    i bought all the ones i didn't have.. thank for the great sale :)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I just spotted that Predatron's store is on sale...so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there. I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist! So I clicked again to show everything...still nothing. All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone! They were there last week. :down:

Dana

Well, it´s not like you can´t buy it just because it is not on your wishlist... :)

• JRC1334JRC1334 Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

When is the m.e.c.h enforcer coming? NEED!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

The whishlist boggles have stung me too. I've only two items that I put there, and one doesn't show, and yet the little notice up at the top of the page claims that there are three. Only one item is visible. I've no idea what happened to the other.

And what's with the disappearance of the remove button? The only way to get an item out of your wishlist now is to put it in your cart.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited September 2012

@ Nigel for M5

•This product includes two installers for DAZ Studio 4.0 and two installers for DAZ Studio 4.5

I installed the two pc installers for DAZ Studio 4.5.

It seems the installers put all content in the runtime properly but for me the metadata seems to be missing.
    This means the product is not showing up in smart content or in the Surfaces Tab.

When browsing any Folder of the Nigel for M5 and selecting any files there are no entries at all showing in the Content DB Editor.

- - -

Did anyone install the version for DAZ Studio 4.5 Nigel for M5 and does have any metadata?

- - -

Some addtional thoughts.

There is the small chance that I messed up the installation process because 8 (!) installers that are almost named the same may be a bit confusing. But I tried to pay extra attention.

The option to hide unwanted versions in the download list

In the case of Nigel there was a total of 8 installers: 4 for pc, 4 for mac including 2 for each version of DS 4.0 and 4.5.

This would not be so confusing if the download page would have the option to just hide the version one does not want.
    Hide the pc or mac version.
    Hide 4.0 or 4.5 version.

Download speed / file size

I am aware that some people are complaining that large file sizes are more than their dial up can handle.

On the other side there are those people who now have a download speed of 25´000 or 50'000 Kbit/s. The top speed offer of my provider is now even by 100´000 Kbit/sec.

When comparing with other online vendor like loops and sample based sound packages or other software it is now often standard to have single file size downloads up to 1GB.

It is the decision of DAZ how they think they match the interests of their customer base the best.

I can just say that I would have prefered one installer with a size of 500Mb+

- - -

The more versions and parts there are the bigger the chance for error

Out of 8 installers displayed only 2 were really relevant to me.
    If the decision was made not to split up the file there would only have been 1 installer out of 4 relevant to me.
    This would have been less confusing.

Now I am not sure if I mixed two different installers of 4 different versions and if that is the reason why the metadata is not working.

- - -

So anyway. Did I mess up the installation or is the metadata really missing in the DS 4.5 version installers?

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    The whishlist boggles have stung me too. I've only two items that I put there, and one doesn't show, and yet the little notice up at the top of the page claims that there are three. Only one item is visible. I've no idea what happened to the other.

And what's with the disappearance of the remove button? The only way to get an item out of your wishlist now is to put it in your cart.

There's a little X in a circle, it's gray. That's the remove button. Still not AJAX, though...it causes a full refresh of the page, which might take a while if you have a lot of items in it, like me...and even longer if you are on dial-up (not like me, thankfully! I couldn't go back to dial-up). But it does work.

Dana

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

DanaTA said:

Dana

There's a thread out there on that; for now, you can use the 'Share' button at the bottom to send an email to yourself with the sale items, which contains everything (including the items which have vanished) and you can go through it in your email.

-- Morgan

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:

There's a little X in a circle, it's gray. That's the remove button. Still not AJAX, though...it causes a full refresh of the page, which might take a while if you have a lot of items in it, like me...and even longer if you are on dial-up (not like me, thankfully! I couldn't go back to dial-up). But it does work.

Dana

Oh, I see. They didn't remove it, they hid it.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:

Dana

Oh, I see. They didn't remove it, they hid it.

No!!! They did that to make it easier for you! :lol:

Dana

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:
    I purchased Tatiana Hair. There are 2 files for V4 and 2 for Genesis.
    But I only have a total of 3 downloadable files with Gregoria Hair.
    Is there suppose to be a separate MetaData file for Gregoria Hair V4? Or has the V4 MetaData file been combined with Genesis?

This is what I have in my Downloadable Products (and I’m looking at 20 items per page).

Tatiana Hair has
    TatianaHairV4
    TatianaHairV4MetaData
    TatianaHairGen
    TatianaHairGenMetaData

But Gregoria Hair only has
    GregoriaHairV4
    GregoriaHairGenesis
    GregoriaHairGenesisMetaData

Metadata is, if available, always* included in the main installer anyway. There are quite a few items where there isn't a metadata installer for the Poser version if it's split, even as here where the "Poser" version is useful in DS too.

* for certain values of always

Good to know.
    It just seems weird since both hair styles are sold by the same PA.

• edited September 2012

Predatron's City Streets, with a whole bunch of other stuff.

There'll be swinging and swaying and record playing...

dansant_dans_la_rue_sm.jpg
    483 x 600 - 70K
    Post edited by seanmartindesign_64d900c7bd on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited September 2012

Just got Blenworth for $4.49 (normally $29.95) after PC coupon. It's a Predatron/DAZ hybrid! :D
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blenworth

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I never would have found Blenworth - good deal. Thanks for the tip. It's not in Predatron's list and when I sorted the DAZ originals by price, it wasn't there either. Wonky databases . . .

edited December 1969

Just got Blenworth for $4.49 (normally $29.95) after PC coupon. It's a Predatron/DAZ hybrid! :D

The math doesn't work here.

$14.98
    =====
    $ 8.98

How did you arrive at $4.49?

Dana

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Day 12.5???
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-muses-summer

There is no cart button on this.
    How cruel is that!? :)

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 13 is here! Lucky 13!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited September 2012

@ Nigel for M5

•This product includes two installers for DAZ Studio 4.0 and two installers for DAZ Studio 4.5

I installed the two pc installers for DAZ Studio 4.5.

It seems the installers put all content in the runtime properly but for me the metadata seems to be missing.
    This means the product is not showing up in smart content or in the Surfaces Tab.

When browsing any Folder of the Nigel for M5 and selecting any files there are no entries at all showing in the Content DB Editor.

- - -

Did anyone install the version for DAZ Studio 4.5 Nigel for M5 and does have any metadata?

- - -

Some addtional thoughts.

There is the small chance that I messed up the installation process because 8 (!) installers that are almost named the same may be a bit confusing. But I tried to pay extra attention.

The option to hide unwanted versions in the download list

In the case of Nigel there was a total of 8 installers: 4 for pc, 4 for mac including 2 for each version of DS 4.0 and 4.5.

This would not be so confusing if the download page would have the option to just hide the version one does not want.
    Hide the pc or mac version.
    Hide 4.0 or 4.5 version.

Download speed / file size

I am aware that some people are complaining that large file sizes are more than their dial up can handle.

On the other side there are those people who now have a download speed of 25´000 or 50'000 Kbit/s. The top speed offer of my provider is now even by 100´000 Kbit/sec.

When comparing with other online vendor like loops and sample based sound packages or other software it is now often standard to have single file size downloads up to 1GB.

It is the decision of DAZ how they think they match the interests of their customer base the best.

I can just say that I would have prefered one installer with a size of 500Mb+

- - -

The more versions and parts there are the bigger the chance for error

Out of 8 installers displayed only 2 were really relevant to me.
    If the decision was made not to split up the file there would only have been 1 installer out of 4 relevant to me.
    This would have been less confusing.

Now I am not sure if I mixed two different installers of 4 different versions and if that is the reason why the metadata is not working.

- - -

So anyway. Did I mess up the installation or is the metadata really missing in the DS 4.5 version installers?

I installed the DS 4.5 version. It does have metadata, but it is extremely unconventional. The majority of the textures appear in the Smart Content tab under Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->EHHS and Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->Default. This is not under the Presets->Materials grouping where you would expect such materials to appear. Also, I expect EHHS is a typo for EHSS. The morphs appear in Shaping on the Smart Contant tab, not in Presets-> Morphs. If they don't issue a quick update to straighten that out and put things where they "should" be, I think I'll use the Content DB Editor to fix it myself.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited September 2012

Oh, that's just super cruel.
    In the middle of shopping they took it all down and took surreality's entire store off sale?
    What did I do to you!?!?

Post edited by Ippotamus on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

13 wasn't as lucky as we thought... Sorry...

Ippotamus said:
    In the middle of shopping they took it all down and took surreality off sale.
    What did I do to you!?!?
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Ippotamus said:
    What did I do to you!?!?

I mean seriously that ... that was just pure, unadulterated EVIL.
    I was loaded up and going to paypal when everything went back to full price.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

$14.98
    =====
    $ 8.98

Dana

30% PC discount

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:
    Ippotamus said:
    What did I do to you!?!?

Same here. :shut:

Playing around with some new'n'old PA-sale goodies: The Slim Man (with one of Pumpkin Head Pete's textures and eye from Sirano M5) and Yolande Hair. The birds are LoREZ Crows. The distant background & sky are the All New Worldbase XT Lushlands, the nearer background is Merlin's Crossing.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here, but I'm including a detail.

Lady Scarecrow

LadyScarecrow1000detail.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 584K
    LadyScarecrow2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

$14.98
    =====
    $ 8.98

Dana

30% PC discount

Isn't that normally reflected in the sale price? I'm a PC member and $14.98 is what I saw...and yes, I was logged in. Is this another thing that the store has changed?

Dana

edited December 1969

Man, what a complete and utter downer.

Guess, I'll give up that they are putting it back up.

That was seriously lame ... ... ... *sigh*

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Just wait for Surreality's day - it'll be there then. :-)
    You can spend the time imagining the renders you'll do. :D

edited December 1969

But it WAS Surreality's day!
    I was there and it was beauitiful. :)

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

$14.98
    =====
    $ 8.98

Dana

30% PC discount

Isn't that normally reflected in the sale price? I'm a PC member and $14.98 is what I saw...and yes, I was logged in. Is this another thing that the store has changed?

Dana

When logged in, Blenworth shows up as 10.49

edited September 2012

Sunfire said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

$14.98
    =====
    $ 8.98

Dana

30% PC discount

Dana

When logged in, Blenworth shows up as 10.49

Not for me it didn't! Another anomoly I guess. I was logged in. I purposely checked, and actually had to log in to see my wishlist! I have to log in a lot lately. I'm getting tired of these issues.

I'll say no more...carry on.

Dana

Edit: Now it is showing up properly.

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited September 2012

Ippotamus said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:
    Ippotamus said:
    What did I do to you!?!?

Same here. :shut:

Playing around with some new'n'old PA-sale goodies: The Slim Man (with one of Pumpkin Head Pete's textures and eye from Sirano M5) and Yolande Hair. The birds are LoREZ Crows. The distant background & sky are the All New Worldbase XT Lushlands, the nearer background is Merlin's Crossing.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here, but I'm including a detail.

Lady Scarecrow

KickAir 8P,

Wow. I really like that closeup render. I love that combo...shape, texture, and hair.

Yeah, I also had some surreality stuff in the cart. I guess luck be a lady will be a different day for us.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on