Seasonal stuff should be in store well before the day

whine for the day

please DAZ marketing we do renders for Christmas cards videos etc 

unless uber organized, for this year not next

Neftis lovely Santa beard a prime example of something that can be now wishlisted as no hurry to use it, a seasonal sale lost for her and DAZ, too much stuff comes too late, twisted Easter bunny on the day another noteable past slip-up.

I did grab her suit but alas even that was a tad late as thanks to a heatwave did not get my video done.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

yep, I ended up using David 3 Santa Suit as the one released was way too late for this year.. Next year mabe.. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Plus one on the OP's sentiment. I bought the delux suit wrongly assuming it would have Iray materials, and haven't had the time to try to convert them :( 

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

You can't really blame Daz for PA product schedules. It is easy to get behind which is why most people avoid doing seasonal/holiday products.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Stezza said:

yep, I ended up using David 3 Santa Suit as the one released was way too late for this year.. Next year mabe.. 

I know what you mean. I bought Mec4d's Santa from her website early December because I couldn't find a classic Santa suit for Genesis or G2M on DAZ3D.com. (The Christmas cards turned out really nice this year, too.)

• Khory said:

You can't really blame Daz for PA product schedules. It is easy to get behind which is why most people avoid doing seasonal/holiday products.

cold hard fact it lost them sales

and any shop puts stock on the shelves way before, they are baking hotcross buns at my work already

• Khory said:

cold hard fact it lost them sales

and any shop puts stock on the shelves way before, they are baking hotcross buns at my work already

Well, I didn't buy the Santa Delux suit because it was so late and the beard was an add-on that appeared even later after the Santa Delux Suit was no longer a punch sale item. If they had appeared a bit earlier and together in the Holiday sale I probably would have bought them.

Your sort of missing my point. It isn't Daz/Daz marketings fault as to when products get submitted. If the product was going to be in the store by lets say the first of December then it needed to be submitted by the end of October. And that assumes no major delays due to QA fixes. Now if the PA started the product in mid September and didn't hit any personal delays that is doable. But we all know that things can creep up or that there can be delays. If on the other hand the PA does not get into the holiday spirit till close to thanksgiving then there is no way the product is going to get in the store with a big lead time on the holiday. I am sure that marketing and the PA would have loved to have had the product for sale sooner and together. But you can't always make what you want to happen happen. If the beard had more fixes or was submitted later then it was a better choice to go ahead and release the suit as soon as they could rather than wait on the beard.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Khory said:

Your sort of missing my point. It isn't Daz/Daz marketings fault as to when products get submitted.

Well, yeah, actually it is. It's called submission deadlines.  If a vendor doesn't submit Christmas/holiday products by X date, there's no guarantee that it will be featured or put in the store. That's called planning and businesses (professionals) do it. I had to order my ceramics/bisque six months in advance, minimum four months- to have the online and brick and mortar studio ready for the holidays. Clothes buyers shop four to eight months in advance for the fashions, etc.  Would having an August deadline for the December products give enough time for a typical workaround with QA? 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Note to PA's "stop making seasonal items, it's a no win situation!" wink

Talking about planning and advance notice, well the door swings both ways, purchase now so that you will have plenty of time for holiday renders next year without worrying if a PA is going to release a needed item.

Sorry, I work in retail management and have had my fill of needy customers this year, LOL. Our delis do the holiday meals and most sane people order theirs in advance like they should, but every year we get more and more that wait till the day before and then get mad because we are sold out (did you not look at a calendar the rest of the year!!!) and then I have to try and make them happy instead of going off on them.angry

• Note to PA's "stop making seasonal items, it's a no win situation!" wink

Talking about planning and advance notice, well the door swings both ways, purchase now so that you will have plenty of time for holiday renders next year without worrying if a PA is going to release a needed item.

Sorry, I work in retail management and have had my fill of needy customers this year, LOL. Our delis do the holiday meals and most sane people order theirs in advance like they should, but every year we get more and more that wait till the day before and then get mad because we are sold out (did you not look at a calendar the rest of the year!!!) and then I have to try and make them happy instead of going off on them.angry

Oh believe me I will on sale sometime down the track as DAZ has plenty of them, that was my point, no hurry now, two months before Christmas next year is prob the best time to start rendering.

Novica said:
    Khory said:

Your sort of missing my point. It isn't Daz/Daz marketings fault as to when products get submitted.

Well, yeah, actually it is. It's called submission deadlines.  If a vendor doesn't submit Christmas/holiday products by X date, there's no guarantee that it will be featured or put in the store. That's called planning and businesses (professionals) do it. I had to order my ceramics/bisque six months in advance, minimum four months- to have the online and brick and mortar studio ready for the holidays. Clothes buyers shop four to eight months in advance for the fashions, etc.  Would having an August deadline for the December products give enough time for a typical workaround with QA? 

So you think that Daz should have refused the products that were submitted after the end of October or maybe mid November if submissions were light (which they were not because of the xmas PA freebies)? So if the PA does not have the holiday spirit by September then they need to not bother with any thing seasonal. My bet is that what you really would see few or no holiday products.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

It IS Daz marketing's purpose to increase sales, so yes it does come down to them to set the bar of expectation higher. There are numerous curated digital marketplaces (e.g. Envato) where this lack of planning would result in rejection. A little tough love never hurts anyone.

Buying now for next year is a poor option if you want your renders to look fresh and unique. By the time next year rolls around, a popular asset may have become over-exposed. What's the point of spending money for that?

Ok so the only way for Daz not to be blamed for PA time schedules is to not accept products for sale if they will not meet deadline for the season. Keeping in mind that the product your saying isn't going to sell and should in fact not even be for sale is a top seller right now. If you folks had your way the PA would be out quite a fair bit of money based on that top selling spot as would Daz. Not to mention a policy like that would very likely cut the submissions to the store overall.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Without being a vendor, it's hard to know the process/ competition to get something in the pipeline, and what happens with QA, that's why I was curious as to whether setting a deadline more months in advance was even viable. If you think the submissions might drop, I can agree that might happen too. 

I would have bought it last month, but not now.  Then there's the flip side, people (buyers) may not have been in the mood for Christmas/holidays last month and not bought it. Those who are on the ball/ need time to render sure would have. (I'm a turtle on things I want to look really good.)  Who knows.

Like any reason for rejection, it only cuts submissions of products that don't meet a basic level of acceptability. That should include timeliness, and it merely teaches PAs to be proactive in their product plans. The net result can only be positive, not negative as you keep insisting. It's all about increasing sales.

There will always be PAs who are willing to be competitive, and will work for the royalties they receive. I'm perfectly fine with fewer submissions if the quality and range improves. The store already has its share of mediocre product. 

As for sales levels, imagine how much more any seasonal product would sell had it been available earlier. Not all of us are hobbyists. For me to use a seasonal product I need it no less than 45 days before the holiday, and that's for digital delivery. It takes that long to go through the commissioning and editorial process. (For print it takes longer, but here I'll settle for content from the previous season. I don't expect this year's Christmas items to be available in July.)

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Khory said:

Keeping in mind that the product your saying isn't going to sell and should in fact not even be for sale is a top seller right now. 

It's a pretty safe bet that for every PA running a little late, there's one or two dozen customers still frantically trying to get their famiy Santa cards done to send to family Christmas Eve, not to mention the famiy newsletters and custom labels for the last-minute gifts they're picking up on the way home. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

Novica said:

Then there's the flip side, people (buyers) may not have been in the mood for Christmas/holidays last month and not bought it. Those who are on the ball/ need time to render sure would have. (I'm a turtle on things I want to look really good.)  Who knows.

Bookstores require having books for Christmas in their warehouses the middle of October, if not earlier. Everthing is stocked then, and that suits the early birds. Come Christmas, the store brings all those books to the front where everyone sees them. No one is left out.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 2015
    Tobor said:

Like any reason for rejection, it only cuts submissions of products that don't meet a basic level of acceptability. That should include timeliness, and it merely teaches PAs to be proactive in their product plans. The net result can only be positive, not negative as you keep insisting. It's all about increasing sales.

There will always be PAs who are willing to be competitive, and will work for the royalties they receive. I'm perfectly fine with fewer submissions if the quality and range improves. The store already has its share of mediocre product. 

As for sales levels, imagine how much more any seasonal product would sell had it been available earlier. Not all of us are hobbyists. For me to use a seasonal product I need it no less than 45 days before the holiday, and that's for digital delivery. It takes that long to go through the commissioning and editorial process. (For print it takes longer, but here I'll settle for content from the previous season. I don't expect this year's Christmas items to be available in July.)

I'm going to strongly disagree with this for simply the fact that you aren't a vendor thus you really don't know the process of how a product gets to the store or if there were any issues that went on behind the scenes to get the product packaged. 

For instance, has it occurred to you that possibly it was submitted earlier, got in the queue with other products (keeping in mind major release take precedence over seasonal items and we've had a few major releases and special sales), and there was possible an issue with the item that kept it in QA longer than expected? Also from a vendor standpoint, seasonal items fall behind items that are really paying the bills so those really get done first because that's where your sales come from. And really it's not December 26, so the product is not late by any means. The description said that Santa is ready for his big night, so he's quite on time for it. Besides in general it's been rather christmas-lite when it comes to those items in the store this year and men's christmas items have been pretty much non-existent where years go by without so much as a hat that fits. I don't see why there is negativity on this subject. It just seems so petty and entitled considering the time of year.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on

You always jump into these threads with the excuse that because I'm not a Daz vendor I cannot have an educated opinion. You know nothing about me, or my experience in online retail, or in curated digital product. I've been selling online, through marketplaces and directly, to consumers, since 1996. Let me assure you that there is no secret behind what Daz and its PAs do.

It's too bad if the product was submitted earlier and was delayed by a queue. Then it's Daz that should do a better job, and the original complaint stands. (Besides, my comments are not about a particular product, but that better quality control, including timeliness of release, is indeed a job Daz is responsible for, )

I honestly don't understand why there are Daz PAs that make excuses for lackluster effort. It's not difficult for Daz to require a certain leadtime for seasonal releases, and it can only mean MORE money in everyone's pockets. Somehow making more money is an evil thing to suggest.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Tobor said:

You always jump into these threads with the excuse that because I'm not a Daz vendor I cannot have an educated opinion. You know nothing about me, or my experience in online retail, or in curated digital product. I've been selling online, through marketplaces and directly, to consumers, since 1996. Let me assure you that there is no secret behind what Daz and its PAs do.

It's too bad if the product was submitted earlier and was delayed by a queue. Then it's Daz that should do a better job, and the original complaint stands. (Besides, my comments are not about a particular product, but that better quality control, including timeliness of release, is indeed a job Daz is responsible for, )

I honestly don't understand why there are Daz PAs that make excuses for lackluster effort. It's not difficult for Daz to require a certain leadtime for seasonal releases, and it can only mean MORE money in everyone's pockets. Somehow making more money is an evil thing to suggest.

I think there is so much unnecessary negativity in the thread over things that ultimately don't matter, especially over things people don't understand. Either way complaining about things that don't appear when you want them too is very much a storm in a teacup. I picked up both items so that I have a outfit for use with my figures that doesn't date back to D3. Honestly if products don't meet your timeframe nor quality, i think that time is better spent learning to make it yourself than moan in a forum on Christmas eve. Too many other things going on to nitpick on such an insignicant issue. Merry Christmas and time to crack open the Puerto Rican eggnog.

I'm sorry, but before some PAs jumped in with the defenses, the thread was little more than a polite suggestion (from a potential paying customer) that Daz provide more leadtime for those artists who need that time to meet their own publication deadlines.The plea was a genuine request for consideration. Daz could easily implement a policy where seasonal items are submitted by a certain date. Rather than dire consequences, everyone would stand to make more money, which is the idea. Money buys eggnog and other things.

• Ok suggestion, Khory, Male-M3, if you have Easter stuff planned, get cracking cheeky

if its out in time I may buy it, if not, unlikely for 8-10 months and only if on sale wink

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

and valentine's day!!! 

• MistyMist said:

and valentine's day!!! 

Yes that heart shaped thong for Gianni 6 (&7?) needs tenting morphs to show he's happy with his chockies 

• I'm not sure why the items were offered too close to the holiday. It could had been that they discovered some issues and tried to fix them before the release (this could save headaches to the users). Or maybe they decided to do it at the last minute, or maybe they submitted their items late in the scheduled. I don't know, so I can't judge them. I just hope, like someone mentioned, try to work on them early and release them a month or two ahead just like regular stores do (can you believe Valentines stuff are already out in some of the Dollar stores and smaller stores I went to today? It's crazy!) Vendors should give plenty of time to the user to plan their next work of art based on what is available way before the special day. And keep in mind that vendors can get overwhelmed with other projects, so we as consumers should try to be more patient as well. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be be that many options to choose from. 

smiley  Peace!

• Ok, so now is when we need to come in and say, please, keep this civil.  Address the topic and not the poster.  It is highly recommended that if you have issues with the release of items, it should be handled through the ticket submission if you expect Daz to be aware of your concerns.  Posting in these forums is primarily user-to-user, so please make use of the system in place to help you reach Daz.

• I have now bought Neftis's beard and hair cheekyheart

• some poor soul missed their release

https://www.daz3d.com/the-nutcracker-ii

• some poor soul missed their release

https://www.daz3d.com/the-nutcracker-ii

BWAAhahahahha I was just thinking that.

I think what's missing is Daz doesn't make products that are just End User Render before the Holiday or event.

I think being a vendor or Pa sometimes creates a focus that THE RENDER is ending.

Some of us make Holiday stuff with Daz holiday stuff AND THAT also has a submission deadline.

There's no way Daz is supposed to reach back that far. Those are magazine timeframes.

Heck, it was already October before anything Halloween was showing up and at the end- there was a minor rash of zombie/horror stuff.

Good news that Daz does demons all-year-round. Bad news is you were interested in anything else. I even think the haunted houses dropped close to the date.

-

A possible idea is a separate holiday section/seasonal banner/ ad campaign that has all the holiday items falling under that massive list of related items...

And that shows up early, dominated by any relevant releases..So those that make content with content, can get the goodies in.

It was dis-heartening (wait for it) to see Christmas outfit and Christmas products showing up LONG after I'm already working on Valentine's day.

--------

So I grabbed some stuff for next year. All hope is not lost.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

The nutcracker is cool. I do admit I would’ve preferred it and the Christmas apartment and dining set a bit earlier than the weekend before the holiday and the weekend after but now I’m prepped for next year.