Installing M4 and V4 Starter Packs onto Poser

I'm on Poser 10, Windows 10.
Just got M4 and V4, I'm brand new to all of this, so explain everything in exhaustive detail please. I've used the DAZ Install Manager to install all of my content to

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library 

In poser, I added that folder to my library and I can get the Michael and Victoria figures loaded, but can't morph them at all. I know I bought the morph++ and installed it, because the DIM says so. The morphs are not showing up in the parameters. I went into the !DAZ folder and ran the DzCreateEx... .bat files to manually initialize the morphs, and restarted poser (like I read to do on this forum elsewhere) and still the same. Need some help please. 

Comments

• I tried to load the "Basic Male" figure and got this message. 

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Basic Male.py", line 1, in <module>
        import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

• I fixed the DSON Importer problem. Still no morphs though. 

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

M4 and V4 are quite old DAZ 3D figures which are in Poser Format, CR2 etc, and should not need the DSON importer which is for Genesis figures as far as I am aware.

Morphs for V4 and M4 are not like Genesis morphs, you have to inject them first from the Pose folder inisde Poser to load them.   Go to Pose > DAZ's Victoria 4 > Morph Injections and then scroll down to 'INJ Morphs++' and double click on that icon to load them.   It may take a little while, but then you will find them in the Parameters under Morph | Shapes > Morphs++

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

M4, V4 and the mprhs++ packages need to all be directly installed into the same runtime in order for them to work in poser. A pure Poser runtime, not a Daz Studio one, if you intend to use them within Poser. You do not need to use the DSON importer for Gen4 and older stuff, as they were designed for Poser originally.  My install path for them is D/Poser8/Runtime  etc

Post edited by Chohole on
  • It's OK to use the default DIM path, as long as all the base figure and morph sets go there. The other thing you need to do is make sure the "updater" runs - DIM should do that for you, but if something seems wrong go to \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\ in the folder you isntalled to and double-click the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 batch file (for Victoria 4) and the DzCreateExPFiles-m4 batch file (for Michael 4). The icons for loading the figures are in the Figure library under DAZ People. To enable the morphs you need to go to the Pose library and use the INJ poses in DAZ's Victoria 4>Moprh Injections or DAZ's Michael 4>Morph Injections - either the All versions to inject all of the morphs from a set or the individual morph injections to load only selected morphs (note these don't set the morphs, just make them ready for use).