Removing Lost and Found Keyword Tag from Products

Many DAZ3D store products that have Poser file types in them have the Poser files categorized and tagged “Lost and Found” during the DIM installation process.  See the attached screen capture.  While I can recategorize those items in Daz Studio 4.24, I have not found a way to remove the Lost and Found keyword tag.  Any ideas, advice or suggestions on how to do this?  Thanks.

Comments

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,734

    If it is appearing in the Categorise dialogue can you not uncheck it?

  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870
    edited October 1

    Richard Haseltine said:

    If it is appearing in the Categorise dialogue can you not uncheck it?

    Richard,

    I have already recategorized the item from Lost and Found to Props.  Oddly, my screen capture did not make it to the forum with my first post; I’ve posted it again below along with the Categorize menu for the item.

     

    Keywords.jpg
    658 x 602 - 84K
    Categorize.jpg
    271 x 650 - 35K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,341
    edited October 1

    That seems to be one of the vendor keywords for this item. Users are not able to remove a vendor keyword other than user keyword in DS.

    Did you install this product in DIM ? If you can locate its DSX file in runtime\support folder, open DSX file with Notepad++, search if you can find a category of "Lost and Found". If you can find it, correct it and re-import metadata.

    Edit: In Smart Content, you have no way to only filter out the items with Lost and Found in vendor keywords... I attach a Daz Script down below. It can query the records with Lost and Found in vendor_words, and export a CSV file into your 1st Daz Libary folder which is defined under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats. Then you can check the data in CSV accordingly.

    If you want to correct the data by using a Daz Script, just let me know ~~

     

    zip
    zip
    cms Query - Lost and Found in content Table.zip
    2K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    crosswind said:

    That seems to be one of the vendor keywords for this item. Users are not able to remove a vendor keyword other than user keyword in DS.

    Did you install this product in DIM ? If you can locate its DSX file in runtime\support folder, open DSX file with Notepad++, search if you can find a category of "Lost and Found". If you can find it, correct it and re-import metadata.

    Edit: In Smart Content, you have no way to only filter out the items with Lost and Found in vendor keywords... I attach a Daz Script down below. It can query the records with Lost and Found in vendor_words, and export a CSV file into your 1st Daz Libary folder which is defined under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats. Then you can check the data in CSV accordingly.

    If you want to correct the data by using a Daz Script, just let me know ~~

     

    Thanks for your thoughtful and complete response.  I install all of my DAZ3D store content via DIM.  When I bought a new desktop in the August 2025, I installed all of my Product Library using DIM.  There were a lot of old products and Poser specific products there but I install everything from my Product Library to my DAZ Library.  The install of my Product Library resulted in slightly more than 1,300 products with one or more files categorized as Lost and Found.  Slowly over the past 10 months or so, I have whittled the number down to just under 900 as of yesterday by manually adding minimal metadata via Daz Studio 4.24 and also recategorizing Lost and Found items to descriptive categories.

    Thanks for pointing me to the DSX files in Runtime/Support as a way to clear the Lost and Found keyword, but I don’t relish having to do that one product at a time for 1,300+ products.  The Lost and Found keyword doesn’t harm the functionality of a product but it’s basically not elegant that it should be there after items have been recategorized as other than Lost and Found.  I’ll take a look later at the query script that you attached.

    Using a script to clear the Lost and Found keywords sounds like a more efficient approach, but I don’t want to burden you or anyone else with creating one.  DAZ3D/Daz Studio should solve this “bug.”  I'm a retired hobbyist who does this for fun.

    Again, thanks.

     

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,341
    edited October 1

    jjoyner said:

    crosswind said:

    That seems to be one of the vendor keywords for this item. Users are not able to remove a vendor keyword other than user keyword in DS.

    Did you install this product in DIM ? If you can locate its DSX file in runtime\support folder, open DSX file with Notepad++, search if you can find a category of "Lost and Found". If you can find it, correct it and re-import metadata.

    Edit: In Smart Content, you have no way to only filter out the items with Lost and Found in vendor keywords... I attach a Daz Script down below. It can query the records with Lost and Found in vendor_words, and export a CSV file into your 1st Daz Libary folder which is defined under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats. Then you can check the data in CSV accordingly.

    If you want to correct the data by using a Daz Script, just let me know ~~

     

    Thanks for your thoughtful and complete response.  I install all of my DAZ3D store content via DIM.  When I bought a new desktop in the August 2025, I installed all of my Product Library using DIM.  There were a lot of old products and Poser specific products there but I install everything from my Product Library to my DAZ Library.  The install of my Product Library resulted in slightly more than 1,300 products with one or more files categorized as Lost and Found.  Slowly over the past 10 months or so, I have whittled the number down to just under 900 as of yesterday by manually adding minimal metadata via Daz Studio 4.24 and also recategorizing Lost and Found items to descriptive categories.

    Thanks for pointing me to the DSX files in Runtime/Support as a way to clear the Lost and Found keyword, but I don’t relish having to do that one product at a time for 1,300+ products.  The Lost and Found keyword doesn’t harm the functionality of a product but it’s basically not elegant that it should be there after items have been recategorized as other than Lost and Found.  I’ll take a look later at the query script that you attached.

    Using a script to clear the Lost and Found keywords sounds like a more efficient approach, but I don’t want to burden you or anyone else with creating one.  DAZ3D/Daz Studio should solve this “bug.”  I'm a retired hobbyist who does this for fun.

    Again, thanks.

     

    No problem ! Take your time and check how many items that have this issue with the query script.  If there're hundreds or thousands of problematic items, fixing them by using a script would be neat.

    I've been learning Daz Script and it can be an easy job~~  Thanks to your thread, I also check my cms and found the same issue as well ( just a few, 85 records from 2.7 mil content items).  I've had them fixed~~ lol.

    I attached the script.  Pls back up your cms cluster folder (%appdata%\DAZ 3D\cms) beforehand...if you have any worry ~ :)

    zip
    zip
    Update cms to Remove Lost and Found in vendor_words v1.zip
    2K
    SNAG-2026-10-2 0012.png
    421 x 119 - 8K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    crosswind said:

    No problem ! Take your time and check how many items that have this issue with the query script.  If there're hundreds or thousands of problematic items, fixing them by using a script would be neat.

    I've been learning Daz Script and it can be an easy job~~  Thanks to your thread, I also check my cms and found the same issue as well ( just a few, 85 records from 2.7 mil content items).  I've had them fixed~~ lol.

    I attached the script.  Pls back up your cms cluster folder (%appdata%\DAZ 3D\cms) beforehand...if you have any worry ~ :)

    Thanks much again!  I’ll take a look at your scripts soon.  I’ll make sure to backup my cms folder beforehand.  As it each, each Sunday I backup sensitive folders for Daz Studio – AppData, DIM Manifest, Runtime/Support and My Library as well as my UserData1 file.

    What program do you do your scripting in?

     

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,341

    Just made with Daz Studio > Script IDE ~ so they're native Daz scripts.

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,186

    jjoyner said:

    What program do you do your scripting in?

    Daz scripts is based on Javascript, I think (I have been meaning to learn Daz script too but have no idea where to start, if only Bash worked inside Daz Studio blush)

    But if someone wants to edit .dsx files, any scripting langage capable of editing text files will do. You could also do it with any text editor capable of batch editing files.

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,341

    Elor said:

    jjoyner said:

    What program do you do your scripting in?

    Daz scripts is based on Javascript, I think (I have been meaning to learn Daz script too but have no idea where to start, if only Bash worked inside Daz Studio blush)

    But if someone wants to edit .dsx files, any scripting langage capable of editing text files will do. You could also do it with any text editor capable of batch editing files.

    I also do batch replace with Notepad++ from time to time... only case by case because sometimes the problematic items need to be assigned with various content types / categories / sub-categories, so they cannot be simply replaced in DSXs with same values ~~

  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 3,633

    Maybe something changed in between versions but I'm pretty sure the Lost & Found tag used to get removed by placing the item in a 'real' category. I seem to recall that it didn't work directly, it was something like 'uncheck lost & found first, save, then recategorize' or something along those lines, multiple steps. It got pretty annoying, haven't done it for a while. But I definitely remember the items in L&F dwindling, so it did work.

    If anyone made a comprehensive script / plugin for working in the Smart Content categories, that would be such a Godsend.

  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    crosswind said:

    Just made with Daz Studio > Script IDE ~ so they're native Daz scripts.

    OK.  I have very little explored Daz Studio’s Script IDE.

  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    Elor said:

    jjoyner said:

    What program do you do your scripting in?

    Daz scripts is based on Javascript, I think (I have been meaning to learn Daz script too but have no idea where to start, if only Bash worked inside Daz Studio blush)

    But if someone wants to edit .dsx files, any scripting langage capable of editing text files will do. You could also do it with any text editor capable of batch editing files.

     I did a little with JavaScript during a weeklong workshop many years ago.  I still have a few JavaScript manuals if I want to explore it again.

  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    crosswind said:

    Elor said:

    jjoyner said:

    What program do you do your scripting in?

    Daz scripts is based on Javascript, I think (I have been meaning to learn Daz script too but have no idea where to start, if only Bash worked inside Daz Studio blush)

    But if someone wants to edit .dsx files, any scripting langage capable of editing text files will do. You could also do it with any text editor capable of batch editing files.

    I also do batch replace with Notepad++ from time to time... only case by case because sometimes the problematic items need to be assigned with various content types / categories / sub-categories, so they cannot be simply replaced in DSXs with same values ~~

    I’ve done a little batch replacing with Notepad++ - emphasis on little. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,734

    tsroemi said:

    Maybe something changed in between versions but I'm pretty sure the Lost & Found tag used to get removed by placing the item in a 'real' category. I seem to recall that it didn't work directly, it was something like 'uncheck lost & found first, save, then recategorize' or something along those lines, multiple steps. It got pretty annoying, haven't done it for a while. But I definitely remember the items in L&F dwindling, so it did work.

    It depends on whether it is in Lost and Found because it has no category assigned, in whichc ase you are right, or because (as here aparently) Lost and Found is set as a category in the store metadata. though even then, store (vendor) categories that have been removed should not show in Smart Content.

    If anyone made a comprehensive script / plugin for working in the Smart Content categories, that would be such a Godsend.

Sign In or Register to comment.