Missing materials in Sixus artist old poser content

Hi:

I bought this week some old poser items from Sixus. I download using Daz Install Manager and manual download but when i try to use them Daz show me mising files error (I attach a capture). I don´t know as can contact with Sixus to repair this.

I have error with the following items;

https://www.daz3d.com/s1m-scarlet

https://www.daz3d.com/s1m-mythos-ghast

https://www.daz3d.com/s1m-mythos-ghul

¿What's wrong?

 

Comments

  • felisfelis Posts: 6,571

    What is the ful error text from the log Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

    If you in DIM right-click show installed files, is the file then listed as installed?

  • mariannermarianner Posts: 97
    edited October 2024

    This figure is designed for Poser 9 and newer, and it is weightmapped for Poser. It behaves well in Poser but is not really suitable for Daz Studio, as the weightmapping is not the same. This makes the bends look bad.

    I opened it in Daz Studio, and DS complained about the weightmapping file, but it found the texture that I see is missing for you. But really, I would judge that this figure is next to unusable in Daz Studio.

    Edited to add that I bought the figure several years ago, at Renderosity.

    Post edited by marianner on
  • Yes, check the zip - a number of these transfers had lost their maps so I wouldn't be unduly surprised if the case was the same here (but do check for updates first, we did get those previously reported fixed)

  • DgatorDgator Posts: 8
    edited October 2024

    First thanks for your replies. I check the zip and the missing files are lost and i check for updates but it not exist.

    In log file the error is: "2024-10-07 12:16:26.860 [INFO] :: Could not find weight map: 1 on line 26798 in C:/DAZ 3D/My Daz 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/S1M_!Scarlet/!Scarlet.cr2"

    I attach txt file with the error.

    Thanks again.

    txt
    txt
    ScarletError.txt
    17K
    Post edited by Dgator on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,609
    edited October 2024

    The weight maps errors suggest that the Scarlet figure uses poser weight mapping (which wouldn't surprise me since she's listed as a figure for Poser 9+).

    If that's the case it won't work properly in DS at all, and shouldn't be listed as compatible with DS.

     

    The other two should be compatible since they list DS materials.

    Post edited by Leana on
  • SpeculativismSpeculativism Posts: 154
    edited October 2024

    I have also bought S1M Sixus Media items with this problem. I installed the files through the daz installer. Then I opened the Scarlet character in Poser 13 and there were no textures. I opened up Daz Studio and tried again. Daz Studio couldn't find the missing textures either.

    I opened the mc6 files in notepad and saw the redirection to where the texture files are supposed to be but they are not there.

    Then I manually downloaded the zip file from my Product Library on the Daz website. I opened up the zip file and, sure enough, the textures are not in there. Then I went to the same product (Scarlet) on the Renderosity site and looked at the list of files which is supposed to be included. It lists all the ones I got but also lists these ones which are missing from the Daz zip file:  

    :Runtime:Textures:S1M:Scarlet
    	S1MFemHairScalpDefaultT1.jpg
    	S1MScalpBlonde.jpg
    	S1M_HighSaddleShoeC1.jpg
    	S1M_HighSaddleShoeN1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroBraC1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroBraN1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroGartersC1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroGartersN1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroPantiesC1.jpg
    	S1M_RetroPantiesN1.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_B1Body.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_B1Head.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_B1Head_NoHair.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Body.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Head.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Head_CheeksMask.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Head_EyeshadowMask.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Head_LipsMask.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_C1Head_NoHair.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_EyesC1.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_N1Body.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_N1Head.jpg
    	S1M_Scarlet_N1Head_NoHair.jpg
    	S1M_StockingsN1.jpg
    	S1M_StockingsT1.jpg
    
    :Runtime:Textures:S1M:Scarlet:Templates
    	S1M-Scarlet_Body_Template.jpg
    	S1M-Scarlet_Eyes_Template.jpg
    	S1M-Scarlet_Head_Template.jpg
    	S1M-Scarlet_SculptedStrandsCap_Template.jpg
    	S1MHighSaddleShoes_Template.jpg
    	S1MRetroBra_Template.jpg
    	S1MRetroGarters_Template.jpg
    	S1MRetroPanties_Template.jpg
    	S1MRetroStockings_Template.jpg

    This problem affects a lot of Sixus media Scarlet files which I've bought on Daz store. It affects Scarlet, Celestial Avenger, Demonia, Modern Outlaws 2, Outlanders Stalker, School Girl and Void Prime Ranger. These are the ones I've bought. The same problem may affect other products that I don't know about. I downloaded and checked the zip file from Daz a few minutes ago so I'm sure there hasn't been an update yet. 

     

    Post edited by Speculativism on
  • I emailed Sixus1 Media but no reply so far. 

     

  • Well today there was an update to the Scarlet zip file but it still doesn't contain the textures. It's crazy! The new zip file for Scarlet is slightly bigger but still doesn't contain the textures! I'm talking about the jpg texture files. They should be in a the textures folder at: runtime - textures - S1M - Scarlet because that's the address that Daz Studio and/or Poser will look for them because that's the location which is written in the materials file.

    It seems that no-one else is reading this thread so perhaps I should open a different discussion? I don't know what's going on. This is a very strange situation.

  • I have the same problem with The scarlett figure. I bought it this morning.

  • Doc NRJ said:

     

    I have the same problem with The scarlett figure. I bought it this morning.

    I corresponded with someone in Daz Tech Support several months ago. They were very understanding and said they would find a solution but I've heard nothing since then. I bought the Kolbie and Akemi characters for Scarlett and they both have the correct texture files, so they make Scarlett look like an actual character rather than a plaster OBJ file with rigging. Nevertheless, I still felt like I wanted the original character as well so I tried to re-create her. The method I was able to use was to screenshot the templates from Daz's "UV View, set to either view by material or view by node, and then do a bit of digital painting over those. 

    The UV views look like these screenshots: 

    Screenshot (49).jpg
    947 x 916 - 361K
    Screenshot (50).jpg
    948 x 920 - 243K
    Screenshot (51).jpg
    974 x 911 - 606K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,915

    Another Sixus1 Media product (S1M The Facility: Institutionalized - Halls of Bedlam w/Elevator) that I bought more than a year ago, when it was "Welcomed" to Daz, is still missing all texture files. Ticket was submitted 9 months ago, lost in the bug tracker...

  • Since these were originally from somewhere else, and the textures are still missing for those products here, would someone who has these from back then be able to provide those to Daz3D to fix things?  Or would Daz3D be unable to accept them due to internal rules (copyright troubles) or something?  Asking for a friend....

  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,963

    nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

    Since these were originally from somewhere else, and the textures are still missing for those products here, would someone who has these from back then be able to provide those to Daz3D to fix things?  Or would Daz3D be unable to accept them due to internal rules (copyright troubles) or something?  Asking for a friend....

    If they were owned as Daz Originals, then that'd be okay. As they appear to be Sixus1's still, it would have to go in a Customer->Sixus1->Daz path (Unless Sixus1 already had them handy, in which case it'd be just that last step).

    Though, practically speaking, since Daz already have the contract with Sixus1 to sell them, it would only be a technical issue with that.

  • It's like a three dimensional version of a colouring book. If you go to My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Geometries\S1M\TheFacility there's the entire "Facility" product as 36 "OBJ" files. These can be dragged and dropped into Daz Studio. Then they can be fixed with some nice shaders.Like this example:  

    facility wall.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Well, the scenes and props load fine, via the Poser Formats folder in Daz, it simply complains that it can't find the images, so the scenes and props arrive blank.

    Does anyone here HAVE this product from back before it was on Daz3D, though, who could offer them to Daz3D?

    That said, as old as this one is, I dunno if this one would be a worthy candidate for Daz3D to commission someone to make an iray-textures add on product for it... or if it would be so old that no one would buy such an add on product.  0o

  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

    Well, the scenes and props load fine, via the Poser Formats folder in Daz, it simply complains that it can't find the images, so the scenes and props arrive blank.

    Does anyone here HAVE this product from back before it was on Daz3D, though, who could offer them to Daz3D?

    That said, as old as this one is, I dunno if this one would be a worthy candidate for Daz3D to commission someone to make an iray-textures add on product for it... or if it would be so old that no one would buy such an add on product.  0o

    Well it would certainly be possible to make a new set of textures but if I ever get around to it I would put them online as a freebie because it's obviously a niche interest. 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,689

    I haven't loaded it yet, this is a shame 

    I bought it cheap, because I have clothing for Scarlet I accidentally picked up years ago from Renderosity

    if nothing else, it might help me fit it to other figures by posing and resizing to match

  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,915

    They are all still available from Rendo, same vendor (sixus1). I gave up waiting for "The Facility" to be corrected and bought the original, all materials intact.

  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I haven't loaded it yet, this is a shame 

    I bought it cheap, because I have clothing for Scarlet I accidentally picked up years ago from Renderosity

    if nothing else, it might help me fit it to other figures by posing and resizing to match

    The problem with Scarlet was eventually fixed. She has her textures now. 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,689

    Speculativism said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I haven't loaded it yet, this is a shame 

    I bought it cheap, because I have clothing for Scarlet I accidentally picked up years ago from Renderosity

    if nothing else, it might help me fit it to other figures by posing and resizing to match

    The problem with Scarlet was eventually fixed. She has her textures now. 

    yes 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,788

    NorthOf45 said:

    They are all still available from Rendo, same vendor (sixus1). I gave up waiting for "The Facility" to be corrected and bought the original, all materials intact.

    They should not be available in both stores.

  • Richard Haseltine said:

    They should not be available in both stores.

    I don't understand. Is there a specific contractual stipulation against selling in more than one store? Like Coca Cola is only available in Joe's Diner but not in Sam's Diner? That seems a bit anti free market capitalism, doesn't it?

  • Scarlet renders nicely now. Here she is in an action pose. I've scaled her hands down to 90% because they were strangely large. 

    Scarlet.jpg
    667 x 760 - 229K
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,963

    Speculativism said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    They should not be available in both stores.

    I don't understand. Is there a specific contractual stipulation against selling in more than one store? Like Coca Cola is only available in Joe's Diner but not in Sam's Diner? That seems a bit anti free market capitalism, doesn't it?

    Daz (and Rendo) generally require exclusivity for individual products (though artists can sell different products in other stores). 

  • Silent Winter said:

    Speculativism said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    They should not be available in both stores.

    I don't understand. Is there a specific contractual stipulation against selling in more than one store? Like Coca Cola is only available in Joe's Diner but not in Sam's Diner? That seems a bit anti free market capitalism, doesn't it?

    Daz (and Rendo) generally require exclusivity for individual products (though artists can sell different products in other stores). 

    Oh. OK.

Sign In or Register to comment.